HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
spitz fan 4ever

vCash: 500
Maybe a little good news for spits, as tom wilson has been suspended indefinetly, and wont be in lineup on thurs, thinking that will help a little....Can see spits doing another 5 of 6 this weekend with games on the road in soo and sudbury...On a side note if KoKo is with us the whole year, we sit in 1st in west and prolly 2nd or 3rd in points overall

Old
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
hockeylegend11

Whalers do come into this game undermanned,with Wilson and Rakell not playing
As well Croombeen,Malysa and Jones from the defence missed Mondays game vs Erie,expect at least 2 of those 3 not to play either
With Noesen,Trochek,Payne,Heard, and Hartman in the lineup they still are dangerous
offensively,though they are thin on defence and goaltending has been issue
Spits have to take the Whalers with guns ablazing offensively like they did against Sarnia
Dont take the Whalers lightly because they appear wounded

Old
01-22-2013, 10:36 PM
spitz fan 4ever

galchenyuk, scores his 1st career goal with habs, wonder if he makes it to game no 6

Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
spitz fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz fan 4ever View Post
galchenyuk, scores his 1st career goal with habs, wonder if he makes it to game no 6
yakupov, with his 1st has well

Old
01-23-2013, 10:15 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits got no help tonite as Saginaw beat Erie 4-3 in a shootout,and SSM edged out Sud
5-4 in ot,road victories for both teams
Spits now trail Sag by 4 pts,with 2 games in hand, and 2 games left with them,SSm by 8 pts
with also 2 games in hand and 2 games remaining with them,enter play with Plymouth 9 pts back,same number of games played,5 games left against them including tomorrow,and 10 pts behind Sarnia with a game in hand
For the game tomorrow Chris Marchese remains out with a concussion,along with Koekkoek who had shoulder surgery in Detriot on Tuesday and Bilcke who is out until March
Whalers will be without Tom Wilson who got a 5 game suspension and Rickard Rakell who still is with Anaheim

Old
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
RayzorIsDull

That was ugly. Juggy I know you like Pavelka and he might be better than Mahalak but thus far against Plymouth it doesn't matter who's better between the 2 because Plymouth has a better 18 than Windsor does. One pet peeve is Rychel getting into a fight when it is 3-0 and Khokhlachev mixing it up. Why are 2 of the most talented players on the team having to fight and mix it up? Why are Clark and Bowen even around if they aren't going to bring any physical aspect to the game? Clark acted like a clown in the last 10 minutes, 3 minor penalties just mouthing off to anybody and everybody. If the organization had depth they should have sent Clark packing, brings nothing to the team.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:57 PM
OHLTG

Few things about tonight:

- While they didn't bring their "A" game, anyone blaming DeKort and Pavelka for this loss needs a drink. None of the goals Pav let in were his fault, and the defence didn't show up for DeKort. Some guys around me were chirping DeKort. Which goal was he supposed to stop? The one where two guys are on him? How about the one where the guy walked right into the slot untouched? Ooooh, ooooh, maybe the one where he was screened and the Whaler picked the high glove?

- Just one of those games that you knew from about mid-first that it wasn't going to end well. A feeling in the air, I guess. Windsor shut down in the third, didn't seem like they cared at all. Wonder if tomorrow is on their mind?

- Kerby dropped the mitts for two reasons: A) history...and b) firing up the team. That's a "fire up the boys with a rival" fight. Rayzor, you wanted to know why? This is why. As for the Koko stuff...even he gets frustrated. You think nice guys are nice 100% of the time? Um, no

Old
01-24-2013, 10:58 PM
hockeylegend11

Too bad Spits laid an egg against the Whalers,Spits now 0-4 on the year against them
Windsor is 0-7 vs Owen Sd and Plymouth this year so far and 19-13-1-6 against the rest of the league
Wonder when the real spits will show up against the Whale,they did with the old lineup against Owen SD and could won both of the last games against them unlike Plymouth
Need to put this behind them and get ready for an improved Sault team

Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

OHLTG I don't care about his history with Hartman, Windsor needs Rychel on the ice more than Plymouth needs Hartman. What happens if Rychel breaks a hand, finger or cheek bone? Bye bye shot at the playoffs and all those great moves Rychel made at the deadline go for not.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:30 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
OHLTG I don't care about his history with Hartman, Windsor needs Rychel on the ice more than Plymouth needs Hartman. What happens if Rychel breaks a hand, finger or cheek bone? Bye bye shot at the playoffs and all those great moves Rychel made at the deadline go for not.
Rychel is the leader on the team, doing what he can to fire up the boys. I know he's a goal scorer, but we have depth there now (go figure), and he's more than capable of holding his own. No issues here.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Section103

Defense was out to lunch in this one.

Good effort by the top line at least.

Can't blame Pav for those 3 goals, but can certainly pin a few on Dekort -- he looked horrible.

3 shorties in 2 games

Old
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Too bad Spits laid an egg against the Whalers,Spits now 0-4 on the year against them
Windsor is 0-7 vs Owen Sd and Plymouth this year so far and 19-13-1-6 against the rest of the league
Wonder when the real spits will show up against the Whale,they did with the old lineup against Owen SD and could won both of the last games against them unlike Plymouth
Need to put this behind them and get ready for an improved Sault team
Legend no one player is to blame for the loss but what I saw from Murphy tonight on D was very poor. From the time in the 1st period where Trocheck was going down the wing and Murphy had him stopped and he just let Trocheck play with the puck and put on a stick handling exhibition. Then in the 3rd period another Whaler forward made him look like a pylon, Murphy looked for the puck and it went through his legs and the forward stepped around him. Murphy has talent but his development on the defensive end is what I care about and this will be a huge test of the coaching staff a -11 in 20 games doesn't cut it especially when they need Murphy to perform well with Slater out.

“We noticed it this week in practice,” Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner said of the team’s complacency brought on by recent success. “We talked about how we had to treat (the Whalers) like the London Knights

This is very disappointing to read. They played well since the break but still have so much work to do to get that playoff spot. Disappointing that after 6 good games this team gets fat and happy. This group will never be like the glory day Spitfires but those teams aspired to be great and went after it. I think this group is just happy being average.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:52 AM
jughead42*

Why am I not surprised to see you back to crapping out gloom after a loss? Whatever, it's a joke. It's tough to drop two points at home, but hopefully it will be a lesson. Teams have to learn how to be good, and losing is part of that process. Hopefully they take the lesson to heart and come out looking for blood on the road this weekend.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:21 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Legend no one player is to blame for the loss but what I saw from Murphy tonight on D was very poor. From the time in the 1st period where Trocheck was going down the wing and Murphy had him stopped and he just let Trocheck play with the puck and put on a stick handling exhibition. Then in the 3rd period another Whaler forward made him look like a pylon, Murphy looked for the puck and it went through his legs and the forward stepped around him. Murphy has talent but his development on the defensive end is what I care about and this will be a huge test of the coaching staff a -11 in 20 games doesn't cut it especially when they need Murphy to perform well with Slater out.

“We noticed it this week in practice,” Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner said of the team’s complacency brought on by recent success. “We talked about how we had to treat (the Whalers) like the London Knights

This is very disappointing to read. They played well since the break but still have so much work to do to get that playoff spot. Disappointing that after 6 good games this team gets fat and happy. This group will never be like the glory day Spitfires but those teams aspired to be great and went after it. I think this group is just happy being average.
Rayzor

I agree about Murphy,his defensive game is wanting,Spits knew that when they picked him up,most of his minus was during that 7 game losing streak I seem to recall a -5 against London and a minus 4 agaiinst Saggy,but your pt is well taken,he needs to paired with a guy like Seiloff or KoekKoek when healthy not Bateman or Ebert though sometimes there is no choice
Team cant afford to be satisfied,need to bring it every nite
Last nite everything was bad from goaltending on out
Not going to panic yet after only 1 loss,disappointing as it was

Old
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Spitsfan67*

Wow so happy, first home game i didnt go to this season and they get demolished, hopefully they can use this shalaking as a positive and not a negative because they have a huge game tonight that is a must win IMO atleast, hopefully they got laid into last night on the long Bus trip up to the Soo. I feel it will be a chippy game as is usual when these two teams meet and hopefully the boys come out firing.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Why am I not surprised to see you back to crapping out gloom after a loss? Whatever, it's a joke. It's tough to drop two points at home, but hopefully it will be a lesson. Teams have to learn how to be good, and losing is part of that process. Hopefully they take the lesson to heart and come out looking for blood on the road this weekend.
I never said doom and gloom, this performance was real bad though especially since it's a measuring stick because fans would rather see Windsor face Plymouth in the playoffs. The gap between the two teams when they step on the ice is far greater than the gap between the 2 teams in 09, the gap between these teams is like it was in 10. Tonight is pretty much a must win if you want to get a 7th seed, if they lose they are 10 back with only 1 in hand you won't catch Soo at that rate.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I never said doom and gloom, this performance was real bad though especially since it's a measuring stick because fans would rather see Windsor face Plymouth in the playoffs. The gap between the two teams when they step on the ice is far greater than the gap between the 2 teams in 09, the gap between these teams is like it was in 10. Tonight is pretty much a must win if you want to get a 7th seed, if they lose they are 10 back with only 1 in hand you won't catch Soo at that rate.
How does one explain SSM is 4-0 vs Plymouth this year,yet Windsor is 3-1 vs SSM

Old
01-25-2013, 04:45 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
I blame Jack Campbell

Old
01-25-2013, 05:44 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Better matchup for Soo big forwards like Broll, Schumaker and Alderson matchup well with the bigger forwards for Plymouth like Wilson, Noesen, Mistele and Payne.

With Windsor they are undersized at forward and don't like to play the grinding game. The only physical forward they have that makes a difference is Giftopolous.

We will see if Windsor will pay the price against the Soo, they played a totally different style under Stapleton compared to what we see with Keefe. Windsor is trying to do that with their new trades but Soo has had more games under Keefe.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Hawks3

I'm not ripping on Dekort and I know he didnt have help but he isnt good enough to play in the O yet. He needs to play every game to get better and that should have been in Laselle.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:15 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
I'm not ripping on Dekort and I know he didnt have help but he isnt good enough to play in the O yet. He needs to play every game to get better and that should have been in Laselle.
Lasalle and Windsor are not comparable. If you want him to be successful at this level, he needs games at this level.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
hockeylegend11

Nice bounce back win by the Spits,tough to win in that barn,the 1st time they have lost home in 9 games
Pretty good effort by everybody,good to see a win without the Rychel/Koko line
scoring
As well Aleardi has his 7 game scoring streak with Windsor snapped,Koko redeemed himself after missing the penalty shot by getting the shootout winner,Giftopoulous played a great game,more then replaces Michael Clarke,solid game by Seiloff after a bad outing last nite as he was a minus -5,HoSang was dominant at times,overhandles alot too,a little too fancy for my liking,needs to be reeled in,otherwise tremendous skills
Other then allowing a shorty and Pavelka allowing a softy spits defence at times bent,but did not break,Pavelka played extremely well after allowing the tying goal,especially during the shootout as he frustrated the Hounds shooters
All in all great start to the weekend,too bad Saginaw won,need to play well in Sudbury,
as get a well deserved day off tomorrow before going to Sudbury Sunday afternoon

Old
01-25-2013, 11:27 PM
hockeylegend11

One thing that has really improved since the deadline is the road record and the overall play Spits are 3-0-0-1 in their last 4 away from the WFCU,starting with a shootout loss at the large rink in Belleville,a victory at Oshawa the next day 3-1 against a rested for,then on to Ldn where the Knights had lost 3 times last Friday 5-2 and then tonite the Spits snapped the Hounds 8 game home winning streak with the shootout win,again against a rested team
Got to give credit where credit is due,teams seems have turned a corner with its road work

Old
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Hawks3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Lasalle and Windsor are not comparable. If you want him to be successful at this level, he needs games at this level.
Some of those shots he never even moved on, we cant keep losing till he improves

Old
01-26-2013, 11:17 AM
KnightSpit

Spits Have Turned The Corner

Quote:
One thing that has really improved since the deadline is the road record and the overall play Spits are 3-0-0-1 in their last 4 away from the WFCU,starting with a shootout loss at the large rink in Belleville,a victory at Oshawa the next day 3-1 against a rested for,then on to Ldn where the Knights had lost 3 times last Friday 5-2 and then tonite the Spits snapped the Hounds 8 game home winning streak with the shootout win,again against a rested team
Got to give credit where credit is due,teams seems have turned a corner with its road work
Legend, well said, this is not the same team of a month ago, when the probably would've lost that game. They are pulling away from Erie for the final playoff spot and hopefully this continues. KoKo is the bomb for sure. ANy Idea when Marchese is back, that was and still is a decent pick up from Erie ?

Closed Thread