HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Doesnt help that the team you are chasing is 9-1 in their last 10. How is Saginaw doing this even after unloading Trochek?!
I had nothing better to do so I caught some of this game...Koko a -3 with 2assists, yuk. Unmotivated effort. Somebody needed to step up, these two points could be haunting.
Still hoping for a Spits Knights 1st rd dance!
Beginniing to think that despite Sarnia up 10 pts could be the vulnerable one for the

last spot not Saginaw,especially with Galchenyuk and Murphy gone

But Windsor has to get better goaltending now,yes the defence sucked vs Peterborough

but 3 goals were stopable in spite of the defensive effort

Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
OHLTG

Not sure if it was official, but the 7th goal was apparently not an empty netter. Miller said that on the radio after. Since DeKort had not made it to the bench, he's credited with the goal.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
jughead42*

Yeah, something is not right with Pavelka. It's fair to pin a good portion of the responsibility on him for tonight. People are pooping on the leadership, but Rychel and Vail both showed up with Gordie Howe hat tricks. Sieloff was dropping bombs and Koko was decent too, all the captains did what they were supposed to do to get the team going. Yeah, this loss belongs to the goaltending which let us down a bit. We need some teams to go into funks, and we need them to lose in regulation.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:29 PM
Spitsfan191

nice to see Hall and Kassian having very strong starts to their respective seasons

Old
02-01-2013, 10:23 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Not sure if it was official, but the 7th goal was apparently not an empty netter. Miller said that on the radio after. Since DeKort had not made it to the bench, he's credited with the goal.
Yes its official DeKort gets credited with 2 goals against,tough break,pretty good I thought considering
Boughner mentioned several players playing ill,besides the shortened roster,sort of explains the lacklustre 3rd,wondered why they did not come out busting for the final period with all kinds of momentum aftwer the comeback late in the 2nd
Call me crazy but I would consider staring Dekort tonite,he has looked much better then Pavelka in his last 2 appearances
Pavelka has looked awful in 3 of his last 4 starts,granted in he had some help vs Plymouth and ta an extent last nite against Peterborough

Old
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Spitsfan67*

It honestly looks like Pavelka has just gave up, he doesent look interested any more, i know at the begining of the season he didnt want to play here and now it might be that he just wants to go home... I dont know but i have a feeling that Dekort will get the start tonight i havent been impressed with him in about 4 games or so until last night.. I thought he came in and played solid and deserves the start even tho i dont have much confidence in him Pavelka is playing like **** and needs the night off. should be a tough back to back games against one of the hottest teams in the league since January and if the spits dont take atleast 3 out of a possible 4 points atleast id say it was a fail, i mean the spits wont make the playoffs unless Saginaw ***** the bed the rest of the season and the spits would have to go on a tare and win 80% atleast of there games and it dosent help with players getting suspensions and with the injuries.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
It honestly looks like Pavelka has just gave up, he doesent look interested any more, i know at the begining of the season he didnt want to play here and now it might be that he just wants to go home... I dont know but i have a feeling that Dekort will get the start tonight i havent been impressed with him in about 4 games or so until last night.. I thought he came in and played solid and deserves the start even tho i dont have much confidence in him Pavelka is playing like **** and needs the night off. should be a tough back to back games against one of the hottest teams in the league since January and if the spits dont take atleast 3 out of a possible 4 points atleast id say it was a fail, i mean the spits wont make the playoffs unless Saginaw ***** the bed the rest of the season and the spits would have to go on a tare and win 80% atleast of there games and it dosent help with players getting suspensions and with the injuries.
I think he's just fatigued from how much he has played. He has already played more than he did all of last year. If you look from December until last night he has been pulled in 6 or 7 games, that's not good for any goalie unless your team is up 7 goals and the backup is given some run. Further proof they should have been at least trying to develop DeKort and giving him a start. With 2 games against Guelph this week last night was the perfect opportunity for DeKort to get a start.

There will be some more news shortly that will certainly put another dagger in the hopes of the Spits making the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
OHLTG

I'm told to pay close attention to tonight's game on TV. The Spits have news about their D and it doesn't look good.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I'm told to pay close attention to tonight's game on TV. The Spits have news about their D and it doesn't look good.
You are correct and its not good

Old
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
OHLTG

I'm hoping my gut is wrong...

Old
02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Libbs

Tease!

Old
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
OHLTG

I gave all the information I knew. I'm officially in the dark as much as everyone else.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
KnightSpit

News On spits

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
You are correct and its not good
Legend, what news would or could that be ? Also you donīt think the Spits are not going to get at least the last playoff spot right ??

Old
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Spitsfan67*

I'm guessing either Sieloff or Ebert got hurt or had enough and decided to go home....

Old
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Legend, what news would or could that be ? Also you donīt think the Spits are not going to get at least the last playoff spot right ??
Not my scoop to reveal was passed on to me, and if true

the spits chances of getting into the playoffs have been dealt a severe blow

Old
02-01-2013, 03:42 PM
hockeylegend11

Nobody went home

Old
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Nobody went home
Well then it has to be Sieloff or Ebert got injured and there out for the season.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Well then it has to be Sieloff or Ebert got injured and there out for the season.
According to Jim Parkers twitter spits going with 15 skaters tonite,Vail drops back to defence,Seiloff out of the lineup

Old
02-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Ottomatic

Sieloff is out. Vail to play defence.

Dressing 15 skaters for the game.

So Sieloff is hurt or suspended for a good chunk of games.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 02-01-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Sieloff is out. Vail to play defence.

Dressing 15 skaters for the game.
Wow and the thing is there going to be playing the defenseman they shouldn't have traded(Posa) and now it's coming back to bite Warren in the ***, you guys still think it was a good idea to trade Posa?

Old
02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Wow and the thing is there going to be playing the defenseman they shouldn't have traded(Posa) and now it's coming back to bite Warren in the ***, you guys still think it was a good idea to trade Posa?
Hindsight is 20-20,I say yes at the time,dont think the Spits expected 2 d-men to go down,and everybody saw how the team played when all hands were on deck
If no injuries occur I am okay with it,but know it looks bad

Old
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Hindsight is 20-20,I say yes at the time,dont think the Spits expected 2 d-men to go down,and everybody saw how the team played when all hands were on deck
If no injuries occur I am okay with it,but know it looks bad
I said when the Posa and Koekkoek trade happened that it was stupid I mean Koekkoek is good and I'm glad we have him for next year but he is one of the most injury prone players in the CHL if not the most, and if he goes down which he did we got Bowen as a 6th Dman and that's a joke, there was no reason for Posa to be traded if there "going for the playoffs" I mean he said they need draft picks but he gave them away like candy in almost every other trade this season..and now with Sanvido out be it only till Sunday and with Sieloff out till who knows when there ****ed and we didn't need to give away Posa there is another OA spot vacant.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
ohlws

rumour that im hearing a hernia operation for sieloff, possibly done for season..wont say it's from a credible source, just a regular person that hears rumours like anyone else

Old
02-01-2013, 06:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I said when the Posa and Koekkoek trade happened that it was stupid I mean Koekkoek is good and I'm glad we have him for next year but he is one of the most injury prone players in the CHL if not the most, and if he goes down which he did we got Bowen as a 6th Dman and that's a joke, there was no reason for Posa to be traded if there "going for the playoffs" I mean he said they need draft picks but he gave them away like candy in almost every other trade this season..and now with Sanvido out be it only till Sunday and with Sieloff out till who knows when there ****ed and we didn't need to give away Posa there is another OA spot vacant.
At the time of trade Koekkoek did not miss a game due to injury,he had played in all of

Peterborough"s games,no reason to think at the time he would re injure it

Only happens from what I understand in 15 % of the time post surgery,but I

get what u are sayin

Old
02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
hockeylegend11

DeKort gets the start in goal tonite for Windsor

Not surprising to me,with the Pavelka has played lately

Closed Thread