HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
  #751
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Doesnt help that the team you are chasing is 9-1 in their last 10. How is Saginaw doing this even after unloading Trochek?!
I had nothing better to do so I caught some of this game...Koko a -3 with 2assists, yuk. Unmotivated effort. Somebody needed to step up, these two points could be haunting.
Still hoping for a Spits Knights 1st rd dance!
Beginniing to think that despite Sarnia up 10 pts could be the vulnerable one for the

last spot not Saginaw,especially with Galchenyuk and Murphy gone

But Windsor has to get better goaltending now,yes the defence sucked vs Peterborough

but 3 goals were stopable in spite of the defensive effort

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
  #752
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 500
Not sure if it was official, but the 7th goal was apparently not an empty netter. Miller said that on the radio after. Since DeKort had not made it to the bench, he's credited with the goal.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
  #753
jughead42*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,971
vCash: 500
Yeah, something is not right with Pavelka. It's fair to pin a good portion of the responsibility on him for tonight. People are pooping on the leadership, but Rychel and Vail both showed up with Gordie Howe hat tricks. Sieloff was dropping bombs and Koko was decent too, all the captains did what they were supposed to do to get the team going. Yeah, this loss belongs to the goaltending which let us down a bit. We need some teams to go into funks, and we need them to lose in regulation.

jughead42* is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:29 PM
  #754
Spitsfan191
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
nice to see Hall and Kassian having very strong starts to their respective seasons

Spitsfan191 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 10:23 AM
  #755
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Not sure if it was official, but the 7th goal was apparently not an empty netter. Miller said that on the radio after. Since DeKort had not made it to the bench, he's credited with the goal.
Yes its official DeKort gets credited with 2 goals against,tough break,pretty good I thought considering
Boughner mentioned several players playing ill,besides the shortened roster,sort of explains the lacklustre 3rd,wondered why they did not come out busting for the final period with all kinds of momentum aftwer the comeback late in the 2nd
Call me crazy but I would consider staring Dekort tonite,he has looked much better then Pavelka in his last 2 appearances
Pavelka has looked awful in 3 of his last 4 starts,granted in he had some help vs Plymouth and ta an extent last nite against Peterborough

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
  #756
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
It honestly looks like Pavelka has just gave up, he doesent look interested any more, i know at the begining of the season he didnt want to play here and now it might be that he just wants to go home... I dont know but i have a feeling that Dekort will get the start tonight i havent been impressed with him in about 4 games or so until last night.. I thought he came in and played solid and deserves the start even tho i dont have much confidence in him Pavelka is playing like **** and needs the night off. should be a tough back to back games against one of the hottest teams in the league since January and if the spits dont take atleast 3 out of a possible 4 points atleast id say it was a fail, i mean the spits wont make the playoffs unless Saginaw ***** the bed the rest of the season and the spits would have to go on a tare and win 80% atleast of there games and it dosent help with players getting suspensions and with the injuries.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 01:29 PM
  #757
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
It honestly looks like Pavelka has just gave up, he doesent look interested any more, i know at the begining of the season he didnt want to play here and now it might be that he just wants to go home... I dont know but i have a feeling that Dekort will get the start tonight i havent been impressed with him in about 4 games or so until last night.. I thought he came in and played solid and deserves the start even tho i dont have much confidence in him Pavelka is playing like **** and needs the night off. should be a tough back to back games against one of the hottest teams in the league since January and if the spits dont take atleast 3 out of a possible 4 points atleast id say it was a fail, i mean the spits wont make the playoffs unless Saginaw ***** the bed the rest of the season and the spits would have to go on a tare and win 80% atleast of there games and it dosent help with players getting suspensions and with the injuries.
I think he's just fatigued from how much he has played. He has already played more than he did all of last year. If you look from December until last night he has been pulled in 6 or 7 games, that's not good for any goalie unless your team is up 7 goals and the backup is given some run. Further proof they should have been at least trying to develop DeKort and giving him a start. With 2 games against Guelph this week last night was the perfect opportunity for DeKort to get a start.

There will be some more news shortly that will certainly put another dagger in the hopes of the Spits making the playoffs.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
  #758
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 500
I'm told to pay close attention to tonight's game on TV. The Spits have news about their D and it doesn't look good.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
  #759
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I'm told to pay close attention to tonight's game on TV. The Spits have news about their D and it doesn't look good.
You are correct and its not good

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
  #760
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 500
I'm hoping my gut is wrong...

OHLTG is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
  #761
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Tease!

Libbs is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
  #762
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Posts: 4,190
vCash: 500
I gave all the information I knew. I'm officially in the dark as much as everyone else.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
  #763
KnightSpit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
News On spits

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
You are correct and its not good
Legend, what news would or could that be ? Also you donīt think the Spits are not going to get at least the last playoff spot right ??

KnightSpit is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
  #764
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
I'm guessing either Sieloff or Ebert got hurt or had enough and decided to go home....

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
  #765
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Legend, what news would or could that be ? Also you donīt think the Spits are not going to get at least the last playoff spot right ??
Not my scoop to reveal was passed on to me, and if true

the spits chances of getting into the playoffs have been dealt a severe blow

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:42 PM
  #766
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Nobody went home

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
  #767
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Nobody went home
Well then it has to be Sieloff or Ebert got injured and there out for the season.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 05:39 PM
  #768
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Well then it has to be Sieloff or Ebert got injured and there out for the season.
According to Jim Parkers twitter spits going with 15 skaters tonite,Vail drops back to defence,Seiloff out of the lineup

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 05:40 PM
  #769
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
Sieloff is out. Vail to play defence.

Dressing 15 skaters for the game.

So Sieloff is hurt or suspended for a good chunk of games.


Last edited by Ottomatic: 02-01-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Ottomatic is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
  #770
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Sieloff is out. Vail to play defence.

Dressing 15 skaters for the game.
Wow and the thing is there going to be playing the defenseman they shouldn't have traded(Posa) and now it's coming back to bite Warren in the ***, you guys still think it was a good idea to trade Posa?

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 05:51 PM
  #771
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Wow and the thing is there going to be playing the defenseman they shouldn't have traded(Posa) and now it's coming back to bite Warren in the ***, you guys still think it was a good idea to trade Posa?
Hindsight is 20-20,I say yes at the time,dont think the Spits expected 2 d-men to go down,and everybody saw how the team played when all hands were on deck
If no injuries occur I am okay with it,but know it looks bad

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
  #772
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Hindsight is 20-20,I say yes at the time,dont think the Spits expected 2 d-men to go down,and everybody saw how the team played when all hands were on deck
If no injuries occur I am okay with it,but know it looks bad
I said when the Posa and Koekkoek trade happened that it was stupid I mean Koekkoek is good and I'm glad we have him for next year but he is one of the most injury prone players in the CHL if not the most, and if he goes down which he did we got Bowen as a 6th Dman and that's a joke, there was no reason for Posa to be traded if there "going for the playoffs" I mean he said they need draft picks but he gave them away like candy in almost every other trade this season..and now with Sanvido out be it only till Sunday and with Sieloff out till who knows when there ****ed and we didn't need to give away Posa there is another OA spot vacant.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:03 PM
  #773
ohlws
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
rumour that im hearing a hernia operation for sieloff, possibly done for season..wont say it's from a credible source, just a regular person that hears rumours like anyone else

ohlws is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:06 PM
  #774
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I said when the Posa and Koekkoek trade happened that it was stupid I mean Koekkoek is good and I'm glad we have him for next year but he is one of the most injury prone players in the CHL if not the most, and if he goes down which he did we got Bowen as a 6th Dman and that's a joke, there was no reason for Posa to be traded if there "going for the playoffs" I mean he said they need draft picks but he gave them away like candy in almost every other trade this season..and now with Sanvido out be it only till Sunday and with Sieloff out till who knows when there ****ed and we didn't need to give away Posa there is another OA spot vacant.
At the time of trade Koekkoek did not miss a game due to injury,he had played in all of

Peterborough"s games,no reason to think at the time he would re injure it

Only happens from what I understand in 15 % of the time post surgery,but I

get what u are sayin

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
  #775
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,156
vCash: 500
DeKort gets the start in goal tonite for Windsor

Not surprising to me,with the Pavelka has played lately

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2015 All Rights Reserved.