HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Hawks3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I thought you someone said DeKort should be back in LaSalle hmmmmmm.............
WOW..............................Dekort was fantastic tonight shots 47-15. I have never seen this goalie. NHL F what I did say was that he needs to play and if it wasnt here it should be Laselle. This was a different Dekort that palyed tonight. He blocked the high shots that had beaten him in the past.
Both goalies have now shown me that they can play. If we want to make the playoffs we will need consistancey. Way to go Jordan, I'm sure you will get the nod for Sunday keep up the good work

Old
02-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Libbs

It's a gutsy win no doubt.

But lets be realistic here... how long are they going to last with such a depleted lineup? They are going to burn out eventually. Dekort stood on his head and Rychel had some timely goals... but to expect them to win like this from here on out is unreasonable.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Spitsfan67*

Double Post.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Damn, I didn't get to see the game. First thing I did after work was check the game summary, and I couldn't believe how short the Spits lineup was. Hearing about Sieloff is a punch in the sack, no doubt about it. I guess this is going to be another challenge for this team. Rychel with a pair, and Vail played on D?!?!!?!? These guys are real players damn it, way to step up. If the Spits manage to make the playoffs it will show a great deal of character, and give me a bit of confidence that we have the core of a winner in place. That 4th round pick will be worth it, Posa didn't help Guelph much tonight. Hopefully some bodies come back, and soon.
You said you didnt watch the game tonight? because Posa played very solid for Guelph, good defensively and had like 4 or 5 shots and how can you say he was worth a fourth right now? You're telling me You liked the way the d looked? There was no reason to trade Posa and right now with the D we have you can see why.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Nyax

Great game by Dekort. Nice for him to have a performance like that when an NHL GM and a boatload of scouts were in attendance. Hopefully it gives him some confidence and he can put a string of solid starts together. He certainly deserves to start on Sunday.

Geez, how long before the Spits are down to 2 lines and 4 defencemen? It's going to take a minor miracle for this group to get into the playoffs.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
You said you didnt watch the game tonight? because Posa played very solid for Guelph, good defensively and had like 4 or 5 shots and how can you say he was worth a fourth right now? You're telling me You liked the way the d looked? There was no reason to trade Posa and right now with the D we have you can see why.
3 D-men out of the lineup,including 2 of the best on the team in Sieloff and Koekkoek

and u ask if we liked the defense the way they looked is a unfair question,most if not

all teams would be different without 3 guys,with 2 of them being their best,I thought

as the game wore on especially the last 2 periods the defense held up well

Graehame Brown a 16 year old and Vail played very well back there

As for the trading of Posa easy to slag when 2 top notch guys go down,both who did

not miss a game this season due to injury until they got hurt,and the other guy

suspended

Spits were undefeated in regulation when all 6 were in the lineup,went 6-0-0-1,

before hitting a tough patch after the trade deadline,and I thought,as well as alot

of people across the league that nobody would want to play a healthy spit

team in the playoffs,as they were a much improved team post trade deadline

As for the return for while its a 4th rd pick,because its Saginaw it will be in 5-8

range,in another words a high 3rd rd pick equiv,the draft is deep enough for the 1st

4 rds that good players can be had

While I would love to have Posa now with the people out looking long term as

opposed to crying over spilt milk it was a trade worth making

You have to remember at the time of trade,Windsor was without a 1st,2nd,and 4th rd

selection,and if one is going to impress the mem cup committee u must have some

tangible assets,thats where the picks come in,especially with the 1st rd missing,

though 2 1st rd picks in the Euro will be fairly high

At the end of the trade deadline,Rychel managed to get Sarnia"s 2nd by way of

Niagara,in the Maletta deal,and the Saginaw"s 4th from guelph in the Posa deal

That means the Spits will have 3 players in the draft in the 24-70 range,when

at the start of the trade deadline they 1 in the top 43-50,big difference

Sometimes people have to look at the big picture

Old
02-02-2013, 02:30 PM
HLLYWD99

Just watched the highlights from the Guelph game, what a sweet dish by Hosang on the Rychel goal.
This kid is going to be something special to watch in the next couple of years.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:41 PM
OHLTG

I was watching the Vail/Trojanovic fight just now and something made me curious...

Ebert and the Petes' player near him each got 10-min for "not leaving the scene of a fight." There were at least three other players closer to the fight at the time, plus the officials never went near Ebert. They were concentrating on the other players closer to the fight.

When did this rule come into effect? What IS the rule? How does Ebert get it when two other players are closer?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
spits2timechamps

Just curious did we send Mcnaughton packing for good or can he come back? I'm guessing since he wasn't back since Kuku was shut down for the year that hes not coming back

Old
02-02-2013, 08:24 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Just curious did we send Mcnaughton packing for good or can he come back? I'm guessing since he wasn't back since Kuku was shut down for the year that hes not coming back
Once a player is waived,he can come back again,a 9 game slate starts all over

again,however in Mcnaughtons case he has gone to Manitoba to play hockey

rather then play in Strathroy Jr B

Old
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits head into action Sunday trailing Saginaw by 5 pts as result of Saggy"s

shootout loss to SSM tonite 5-4,as Saginaw blew a 3-0 1st period lead

As well a Spitfire win over Guelph combined with a reulation by Sarnia at Kingston

would put the Spits 6 pts behind the Sting for 7th

In summary a victory over Guelph Sunday will put the Spits 3 pts Saginaw,with 2 games

remaining between the 2 teams,not going to be eaasy

Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnintecumseh View Post
-hey SpitsFan thanks for confirming that it was a great effort! Nice to know you approve.Razor where are u?
Knew I could count on one person doing something silly like this. Get out your shine box pal, I have been the one asking for DeKort to play more and he finally does. If anything you should probably step away from the keyboard because this isn't a battle you would win.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM
KnightSpit

Windsor Playoffs and Dekort

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Spits head into action Sunday trailing Saginaw by 5 pts as result of Saggy"s

shootout loss to SSM tonite 5-4,as Saginaw blew a 3-0 1st period lead

As well a Spitfire win over Guelph combined with a reulation by Sarnia at Kingston

would put the Spits 6 pts behind the Sting for 7th

In summary a victory over Guelph Sunday will put the Spits 3 pts Saginaw,with 2 games

remaining between the 2 teams,not going to be eaasy
Legend, what do you think of Dekort ? I think the kid could be the real deal. Also looks like the Spits will make the playoffs, how long do you think they will last ?

Old
02-03-2013, 03:02 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Knew I could count on one person doing something silly like this. Get out your shine box pal, I have been the one asking for DeKort to play more and he finally does. If anything you should probably step away from the keyboard because this isn't a battle you would win.
Sure, and if Dekort plays every game until the season ends you're first in line to criticize the move for costing us a chance at the playoffs. We know your shtick by now, it's tired, it's old, it's gotten to the point it's more painful than nails on a chalkboard, time to find a new team to Troll. Why don't you slap a Ian Jenkins avatar or your account and head over to the London board to remind them how much their goaltending sucks and how Hunter destroyed their recruiting ability for the next 20 years by trading guys like Raine and Fox to the nether regions of the league.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Sure, and if Dekort plays every game until the season ends you're first in line to criticize the move for costing us a chance at the playoffs. We know your shtick by now, it's tired, it's old, it's gotten to the point it's more painful than nails on a chalkboard, time to find a new team to Troll. Why don't you slap a Ian Jenkins avatar or your account and head over to the London board to remind them how much their goaltending sucks and how Hunter destroyed their recruiting ability for the next 20 years by trading guys like Raine and Fox to the nether regions of the league.
Wtf is wrong with you, what is this Raine and Fox stuff? You mean moving Fox to get McKegg? Probably a pretty good move. No it's time to play the future in DeKort. There isn't a lot of evidence pointing towards Pavelka being the goalie that should be given the chance to make the playoffs. In case you didn't notice johnintecumseh is a troll, he made a comment last week but erased it quickly, I saw what he put but the guy is afraid to even let the comment stand. Just like you who will call out people but will never stand behind what he says. If you're tired of my shtick like I said put me on ignore. If this board wasn't full of people wanting to point out when somebody is wrong instead of just talking hockey and the issues of this team we wouldn't have an issue but instead there's you, OHLTG, johnintecumseh who just want to troll.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:54 PM
JL17

[QUOTE=RayzorIsDull;58979045] You mean moving Fox to get McKegg? Probably a pretty good move. [QUOTE]

It wasn't a good move.

I think if you don't have a goalie going forward it'll hurt this team next year. Dekort IMO has to play at least half the remaining games in order to get some kinda of feel going forward. Not playing Dekort leaves a hole and uncertainty over the summer for Rychel and Dekort.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:12 PM
RayzorIsDull

[QUOTE=JL17;58979791][QUOTE=RayzorIsDull;58979045] You mean moving Fox to get McKegg? Probably a pretty good move.
Quote:

It wasn't a good move.

I think if you don't have a goalie going forward it'll hurt this team next year. Dekort IMO has to play at least half the remaining games in order to get some kinda of feel going forward. Not playing Dekort leaves a hole and uncertainty over the summer for Rychel and Dekort.
What are you talking about

Old
02-03-2013, 04:27 PM
aresknights

He didnt like the Fox trade.

I had no problem with it as Fox skill set is easily relaceable. McKegg left some wanting more, but I thought he was a good role player, better IMO than Fox woulda been.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:33 PM
JL17

[QUOTE=RayzorIsDull;58981575][QUOTE=JL17;58979791]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
You mean moving Fox to get McKegg? Probably a pretty good move.

What are you talking about
I was talking about the trade.

Then I was talking about the goaltending situation the Spits face going forward.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Section103

Tough loss for the guys.

... but this signed Team Russia Koko jersey made my afternoon

Old
02-03-2013, 05:29 PM
OHLTG

@ me being called a troll. Rayzor, are you feelin okay?

Quote:
If this board wasn't full of people wanting to point out when somebody is wrong
Did Rayzor really type that?

Quote:
There isn't a lot of evidence pointing towards Pavelka being the goalie that should be given the chance to make the playoffs.
3.42 GAA, .907 SV%, and 19 wins....which is BETTER than last year. I know he's had a few bad games lately, but did you forget his dominance last weekend in SSM, or his winning five of the previous six, including a shut-out and two 1 GA or fewer games? I'll admit he's streaky, but to say there "isn't a lot of evidence....that he should be given the chance to make the playoffs" is a bit out there. What exactly do you want from him? All-star numbers? With OUR defence? I stand by my earlier comments...we could win 10-0, outshoot our opponents 50-49, and Rayzor would find a way to blast Pavelka for something.

As for the game today...

Not a bad effort through the first half, but that fourth Guelph goal really stung. DeKort played well when he had to, but a total lack of defence, plus a lack of effort, really cost them. They were gassed, you could tell, and Guelph walked all over them.

Old
02-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Section103

Pretty sad watching guys just dance around Sanvido on the outside every rush I hope he's not another Hunter Smith.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Libbs

As I said... being understaffed is going to take its toll on the team. 5 D and 9 F (with one getting kicked out in the 1st) is tough for anyone to win games on a consistant basis.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
Pretty sad watching guys just dance around Sanvido on the outside every rush I hope he's not another Hunter Smith.
I think that's just fatigue setting in. Yes he's not the greatest skater, but has been pretty solid most of the year. By rights he should be getting top 6 minutes but with the loss of Koekoek and Seiloff, he's had to play top 4 minutes and that is tough on most 16yo defensemen.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
As I said... being understaffed is going to take its toll on the team. 5 D and 9 F (with one getting kicked out in the 1st) is tough for anyone to win games on a consistant basis.
More then anything else u head the nail on the head Libbs,Vail played a great game Friday,was to play there today,but then Studnicka got tossed,and Vail had to go up front,so u are left with for the most part Ebert,2-16 year olds,Brown and Sanvido, and 2 17 year olds- Bateman and Murphy,not easy to win with on a consistent basis
Today an early goal was scored in every period,plus the late 1 in the 2nd,really difficult to get any momentum

Closed Thread