HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oiler Arrival Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
flarwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Right, but it's possible that he isn't allowed to use the Oilers facilities yet because he is working with the NHLPA and the agreement isn't official yet.

Of course I have no idea if that is actually the case. He could just be an ass.
I would assume if that were the case that none of the players would be allowed to use Oilers facilities? After all, they're all under the PA umbrella.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Fixed
Lol! Terry Tubby is to edmonton, what, Justin Beiber is to Canada. GTFO!

Old
01-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Alex87

Are you guys kidding me? Camp starts on Sunday. Unless Horcoff is late for camp, there's no issue. The guy has NHLPA duties, family responsibilities, and so on.

It's funny that in the same thread we're lamenting Jones for asking too many personal questions, we're blasting Horcoff for not being at the rink when this is his own personal time, due to some arbitrary requirement that a captain should apparently be 48 hours early for camp. Frankly, I could care less about who arrives when as long as they're all at the rink for medicals on Sunday morning. I don't blame a guy with a young family for taking a couple of extra days with his family in Michigan when, from all accounts, this is going to be a grueling schedule with very little rest in between games.

I know the guy is public enemy #1 around here, but lets at least try to keep it within the realm of reality. Yeesh.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:50 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
Are you guys kidding me? Camp starts on Sunday. Unless Horcoff is late for camp, there's no issue. The guy has NHLPA duties, family responsibilities, and so on.

It's funny that in the same thread we're lamenting Jones for asking too many personal questions, we're blasting Horcoff for not being at the rink when this is his own personal time, due to some arbitrary requirement that a captain should apparently be 48 hours early for camp. Frankly, I could care less about who arrives when as long as they're all at the rink for medicals on Sunday morning. I don't blame a guy with a young family for taking a couple of extra days with his family in Michigan when, from all accounts, this is going to be a grueling schedule with very little rest in between games.

I know the guy is public enemy #1 around here, but lets at least try to keep it within the realm of reality. Yeesh.
I think everybody understands that he isn't required to be here yet. However, as a team leader it sets a good impression to be one of the first ones at Rexall. When you have players flying from all over the world beating him here, it doesn't look the best.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:

He's had enough personal time, he needs to get his ass back in Edmonton.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:59 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

https://twitter.com/ryandittrick/sta...54571608698881

Looks like SS came back hungry. Big contract year for him.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post

Hemmer and Nail will pound him into the 50 pt bracket, I assume.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post

So was last year.

01-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Hemmer and Nail will pound him into the 50 pt bracket, I assume.
Schultz will also help offense on every line when he's out there.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:12 PM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
He's had enough personal time, he needs to get his ass back in Edmonton.
If you had time off, would you come home three days early to work for free? Just curious...

Old
01-11-2013, 06:15 PM
nexttothemoon
10 again

vCash: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarwick View Post
If you had time off, would you come home three days early to work for free? Just curious...
If I made $5.5 million for playing a game... I'd be there with ****ing bells on.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:17 PM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
If I made $5.5 million for playing a game... I'd be there with ****ing bells on.
Well aren't you just the company man. He's getting his skate on in Michigan, there's really no issue here. Now, if he shows up out of shape... Then we've got something to whine about.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:25 PM
JoeCool16

Quote:
Lol, (a)pretty much everyone else is back, including the guys who played in Europe and the AHL who haven't had the last few months off in addition to those 3 days and (b) he's the captain, so he's got extra responsibilities to the team and the room.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Horcoff can get here when he wants as long as it's before training camp imo. I can't believe any players care if Horcoff is here to greet them or not. Especially if his family is in Michigan.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
CupofOil
Visualizing

Quote:

It looks really bad on him when virutally the entire team has shown up for camp while he, the captain, is still MIA. I guess it's possible, as a poster mentioned earlier in the thread, that he has NHLPA duties as a player rep and isn't being allowed to show up at an NHL camp until the players ratify but if that's not the case, then why the hell isn't he here yet?
He had enough personal time over the last 9 months, it's time for him to start acting like a leader. Plenty of other players have families also but they are at camp so i don't buy the personal time excuse.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:32 PM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It looks really bad on him when virutally the entire team has shown up for camp while he, the captain, is still MIA. I guess it's possible, as a poster mentioned earlier in the thread, that he has NHLPA duties as a player rep and isn't being allowed to show up at an NHL camp until the players ratify but if that's not the case, then why the hell isn't he here yet?
He had enough personal time over the last 9 months, it's time for him to start acting like a leader. Plenty of other players have families also but they are at camp so i don't buy the personal time excuse.
Never put anything past Oilers fans... I actually can't believe Horcoff is getting Evander Kane'd right now. Some of the things people take issue with are bizarre.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
How can you be missing in action if, technically, there is no "action?"

Old
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Never put anything past Oilers fans... I actually can't believe Horcoff is getting Evander Kane'd right now. Some of the things people take issue with are bizarre.
Horcoff deserves every ounce of criticism that he gets.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
bone

Quote:
Isn't Dubnyk now the players rep. He was just part of the negotiation team like dozens of other players that have returned.

That said, he doesn't need to be back yet as nothing is official yet.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Horcoff deserves every ounce of criticism that he gets.
On the ice, maybe. But I'm not about to criticize a man for not showing up before training camp starts, as I find it totally ridiculous.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:

Are you kidding? The guy has basically had the last 8 months to be with his family for the most part. Devan Dubnyk is a PA rep of the Oilers and he's here. Belanger, Smyth have families and they're here. We have guys that were playing in Europe here. A captain should be setting the bar for the rest of the team. He should have had an inkling this was going to be settled and prepared to come. To be the last one in the city and together with the other players is not what I expect from our captain. Yes, he is not obligated to be here now. None of the players are. But given the unique circumstances involved and the distinct lack of preperation time they will have before the sprint that is a season starts, every bit of bonding and practicing together is crucial in my mind. But go ahead, protect him just like the gutless media in this town does.
BTW, hopefully he returns that Oilers practice sweater that he "forgot" to return to the team before the strike, which he said he was keeping "out of spite." And I hope the team charges him rent for it.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
On the ice, maybe. But I'm not about to criticize a man for not showing up before training camp starts, as I find it totally ridiculous.
He's the damn captain. It's insulting that he's skating with Red Wings players opposed to his own teammates. Is this some kind of childish protest on his part? Probably.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
CupofOil
Visualizing

Quote:
You don't think it's bizarre that virutally the entire team is here except for the captain?
I don't usually jump on the Horcoff bash train but it's pretty ridiculous that he isn't here with his teammates now unless as i said before, he has PA obligations to tend to and isn't allowed with the team yet until the deal is finalized. When you're a captain of a team, you should shoulder the responsibility that comes along with it even if it's something as petty as showing up to camp a little early. It's about setting an example for the rest of the team especially the young bucks.
With great power comes great responsibility. Remember that kids.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Are you kidding? The guy has basically had the last 8 months to be with his family for the most part. Devan Dubnyk is a PA rep of the Oilers and he's here. Belanger, Smyth have families and they're here. We have guys that were playing in Europe here. A captain should be setting the bar for the rest of the team. He should have had an inkling this was going to be settled and prepared to come. To be the last one in the city and together with the other players is not what I expect from our captain. But go ahead, protect him just like the gutless media in this town does.
BTW, hopefully he returns that Oilers practice sweater that he "forgot" to return to the team before the strike, which he said he was keeping "out of spite." And I hope the team charges him rent for it.
Surely there are more important things to worry about than whether or not he's here before he's supposed to be, no?

Old
01-11-2013, 06:42 PM
flarwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
He's the damn captain. It's insulting that he's skating with Red Wings players opposed to his own teammates. Is this some kind of childish protest on his part? Probably.
OMG OMG OMG RNH isn't here yet either and all the rest of the kids are OMG OMG OMG even Yakupov and he doesn't speak English OMG OMG OMG.

Ridiculous.

Closed Thread