HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
09-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Cory Schneider

Frankly I'm sick of seeing all the Luongo proposals going around, I'd honestly prefer to trade Schneider at this point if any hockey deal that is actually in place is even remotely close to some I've seen around here.

Schneider actually makes more sense to trade from a pure hockey perspective, because 1) He will garner a better return for us to win now.
2) He isn't on a lifetime contract
3) He doesn't have a NTC
4) It is extremely likely either Lack or Cannata will be able to follow a similar development curve
5) I'm sick of seeing Luongo talked down(well, maybe that's not that good a reason, but still...)

Ideally we'd be looking for a young top-6 winger with with similar upside. Maybe in a package for E. Kane? For Yakupov? Maybe if Washington's tandem of Holtby/Neuvirth collapses someone like Kuznetsov or Forsberg?

What would you be willing to trade for a budding young goalie, who, in the words of Roberto Luongo, will "Probably win a few Vezinas?"

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:02 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 233
until the nooks move Luongo they will not move Schneider

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Inverted

vCash: 500
JVR + Conditional 1st (2013) *If the Leafs make the playoffs, if not then it turns into a 2nd

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
JVR + Conditional 1st (2013) *If the Leafs make the playoffs, if not then it turns into a 2nd
I would actually be okay with this, I made a similar proposal a while back that got shot down by most Leafs fans. However I would rather have one very good piece than 2 pretty good pieces, but still, an offer I would definitely consider.

I do think we could get better offers, though, but we'll see.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

no leafs proposals plz

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:15 PM
the doctor

It could happen but I think the time for that was before he was re-signed. If that was the plan they should have been very firm in the decision to keep luongo and trade shneider for a high pick at the draft.

Keep both and tell luongo to suck it up and play until a suitable deal can be reached. It's not a bad option really, luongo won't be ecstatic but he'll understand.

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
It could happen but I think the time for that was before he was re-signed. If that was the plan they should have been very firm in the decision to keep luongo and trade shneider for a high pick at the draft.

Keep both and tell luongo to suck it up and play until a suitable deal can be reached. It's not a bad option really, luongo won't be ecstatic but he'll understand.
If anything the fact he's re-signed makes him more valuable, because a team like Edmonton or Columbus won't have to worry about him leaving in a year.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Red Haired Shanks

id expect a very valuable prospect such as johansen from cbj, or gardiner from the leafs. someone that can develop into, or is already a top 6 forward,top 4 d-man or a 1st rounder. schneider will be a vezina nominee and possibly winner if he continues his stellar play so i expect something equally as valuable as that in return

Red Haired Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Ballgarath

Quote:
no thank you, jvr needs to prove he can play a whole season injury free especially if the 1st is conditional.

Ballgarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:26 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
No thank you, Schneider is worth a lot more than jvr imo, and a 2nd doesn't even it out

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
TrillMike

If the Nucks decide to shop Schneider, I think a team is going to have to overpay. The number of teams who'd have interest in him would be a lot more than teams interested in Luongo. Some teams I think would be interested: Edm, Tor, NYI, Chi, SJ, CBJ and NJ (if Brodeur is planning on hanging them up soon).

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Spitsfan67*

To Tampa:
Schneider

To Vancouver:
Lindback
Connolly
1st 2013
2nd 2015

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
no thank you, jvr needs to prove he can play a whole season injury free especially if the 1st is conditional.
Agreed. Huge risk for Vancouver trading Schneider for JVR IMO.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Tampa:
Schneider

To Vancouver:
Lindback
Connolly
1st 2013
2nd 2015
We don't really have any need for Lindback, though, and now that Tampa's acquired him I think they'll wait to see how he pans out.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:44 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
To Tampa:
Schneider

To Vancouver:
Lindback
Connolly
1st 2013
2nd 2015

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Agreed. Huge risk for Vancouver trading Schneider for JVR IMO.
That's true. I am slightly high on JVR, but I think that the amount of risk on him is more than on Schneider.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
palindrom

To anyone interested in Schneider, why not Brian Elliott instead ?

Elliot is just one year older. His cap hit is only 1 800 000$ He did better statistically last season in a more offensive division than the Northwest. He have more NHL experience and experience as a number 01.

And it would probably take less asset to acquire him.

And if you think Elliot performance is all about St-louis defense....then what is the point to have a good goalie if the defense is what matter?

We should also not forget that Schneider play in the weakest offensive division, behind 3 defensemen who got vote for the Norris and a 2011 selke nominee. If you beleive that goalie stats are influenced by the team in front of them and the opposition a goalie face, then schneider is one of the most advantaged goalie of the league. Playoff ? Schneider faced the Kings who had the second worst offensive of the league. The king made almost any goalie look good all season long.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

Elliot is just one year older. His cap hit is only 1 800 000$ He did better statistically last season in a more offensive division than the Northwest. He have more NHL experience and experience as a number 01.

And if you think Elliot performance is all about St-louis defense....then what is the point to have a good goalie if the defense is what matter?

We should also not forget that Schneider play in the weakest offensive division, behind 3 defensemen who got vote for the Norris and a 2011 selke nominee. If you beleive that goalie stats are influenced by the team in front of them and the opposition a goalie face, then schneider is one of the most advantaged goalie of the league. Playoff ? Schneider faced the Kings who had the second worst offensive of the league. The king made almost any goalie look good all season long.
1) Elliot(or Halak) aren't being shopped
2) Elliot played behind the best defense/defensive system in the league
3) Elliot got lit up in the playoffs(against those god-awful Kings)
4) Even if one team did get Elliot, there would still be a lot of teams interested in Schneider.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
If the Nucks decide to shop Schneider, I think a team is going to have to overpay. The number of teams who'd have interest in him would be a lot more than teams interested in Luongo. Some teams I think would be interested: Edm, Tor, NYI, Chi, SJ, CBJ and NJ (if Brodeur is planning on hanging them up soon).
Not really for the CBJ. Schneider, as awesome as he's been in limited time, is unproven as a starter. Normally that wouldn't be such a serious issue, but that limited-time-awesomeness means his price would be relatively stratospheric - as though he was already a record-setting starter.

Basically, he'd cost us more than what we'd be willing to pay.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's true. I am slightly high on JVR, but I think that the amount of risk on him is more than on Schneider.
Yeah I think Schneider is more of a sure thing than JVR, that being said JVR will be a very good player for the leafs if he can stay healthy.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
To Tampa:
Schneider

To Vancouver:
Lindback
Connolly
1st 2013
2nd 2015
Umm... Haha?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:12 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Not really for the CBJ. Schneider, as awesome as he's been in limited time, is unproven as a starter. Normally that wouldn't be such a serious issue, but that limited-time-awesomeness means his price would be relatively stratospheric - as though he was already a record-setting starter.

Basically, he'd cost us more than what we'd be willing to pay.
O ya. I totally see what you're saying. I was just saying who I thought would be interested. I know it would prob take more than what you guys would be willing to give up, but I think he would be a good candidate to "start over" in net.

I know TB just traded for a goalie, they'd be a good dark horse team if Schnieder gets dealt.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

Brian Elliot had an amazing season last year for sure, but he played behind a much better defensively structured team in St. Louis. Look at his numbers with the Avalanche the year before. What about his numbers with the Sens the year before that? In his defense though, the teams he played on before weren't the greatest.

Mike Smith also had great numbers last year but like Elliot played with a very defensive minded team. See the trend?

If you watched as many games as I did of the Canucks last year you'll know that our goalies had a big impact on our GA. Our Selke calibre center didn't have a great year. Sure Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Edler all recieved Norris votes, but so did Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo. In fact, Pietrangelo recieved more votes than the three Canuck defensemen put together. You also mention that Kings offense made Schneider look good, they sure made Elliot look mediocre.

It's very possible that Elliot is just now starting to find his groove with St. Louis, but until he can prove that he can play behind a less defensive minded team and put up similar numbers he is not better than Schneider.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
I'll have to disagree. The isles like the way Nabakov played for them last season and are very happy to have him to carry the load this season.

Nilson+ Poulin are developing well in Bridgeport. I don't think Snow would have any interest in getting into the mix for Schneider or Luongo.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Xav
BoVat Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'll have to disagree. The isles like the way Nabakov played for them last season and are very happy to have him to carry the load this season.

Nilson+ Poulin are developing well in Bridgeport. I don't think Snow would have any interest in getting into the mix for Schneider or Luongo.
never understood how fans misspell their own players

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote