HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary - Edmonton

Old
01-09-2013, 06:08 PM
supert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Consistency is measured between games, not over seasons.
You so right and Jay Bouwmeester has only 3 season of hockey as a plus player and that is going back to 1998 . I would say JB consistency has failed as a Dman . here is a link for you . http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=46419

From what i see he had one good year at plus 23 . So game in game out he been bad at being a D man

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:10 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
You so right and Jay Bouwmeester has only 3 season of hockey as a plus player and that is going back to 1998 . I would say JB consistency has failed as a Dman . here is a link for you . http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=46419

From what i see he had one good year at plus 23 . So game in game out he been bad at being a D man
Right over your head eh?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:25 PM
supert

Quote:
Right over your head eh?
Over yours . Read the last part you have to be bad game in game out to have those totals

Old
01-09-2013, 06:26 PM
topchowda

I could handle the contract, but would never give up Gagner to get him. Maybe a second and a prospect. Hed be a good addition to the top 4

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:37 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I could handle the contract, but would never give up Gagner to get him. Maybe a second and a prospect. Hed be a good addition to the top 4
So, you admit that Boumeester is a top 4 defensman and that you could take on the contract, but you wouldn't give up more than a 2nd and a prospect?

Mekes sense.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
So, you admit that Boumeester is a top 4 defensman and that you could take on the contract, but you wouldn't give up more than a 2nd and a prospect?

Mekes sense.
Actually that was the value (2nd and B prospect) that some CALGARY radio guys were suggesting for JBlow before the lockout. Take that as you will....

IMO JBlow is just not a good fit for the Oilers.

Last edited by gooilgo: 01-09-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
supert

Quote:
Right over your head eh?
I lived in Calgary most of my life always been an Oiler fan first and a Flames fan second . I am not trying to put down a Flames player , but if a GM is looking at a trade they do look at the players career to date . This was about Gagner not being consistent . He got better every year . Not point wise but better in the dot , in his own end zone and has even let himself take a beating rather then have one of the kids being run over . Point wise he is as consistented as they come , Year to year . Can he put up 8 points a game ? We all know that he can't . Even Wayne Gretzky could not . Every player gets hot and cold . I would rather look at a whole season to judge a players consistency . So in this shorten season ,playing with Yakupov and Hemsky if he puts up a 1.5 ppg does that make him consistent ? No people will look at his past and say lets see if he can do it for a whole season .
Do a Pole and i bet most fans agree consistency should be looked at by the season not by games

Old
01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
I lived in Calgary most of my life always been an Oiler fan first and a Flames fan second . I am not trying to put down a Flames player , but if a GM is looking at a trade they do look at the players career to date . This was about Gagner not being consistent . He got better every year . Not point wise but better in the dot , in his own end zone and has even let himself take a beating rather then have one of the kids being run over . Point wise he is as consistented as they come , Year to year . Can he put up 8 points a game ? We all know that he can't . Even Wayne Gretzky could not . Every player gets hot and cold . I would rather look at a whole season to judge a players consistency . So in this shorten season ,playing with Yakupov and Hemsky if he puts up a 1.5 ppg does that make him consistent ? No people will look at his past and say lets see if he can do it for a whole season .
Do a Pole and i bet most fans agree consistency should be looked at by the season not by games

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:

Are you saying +- = defensive ability?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post

Mekes sense.
Theres 3 parts to my statement

1) the oilers could handle the contract and personally I could live with it. Its bad but not Gomez bad
2) He would be in the Oilers top 4 paired with J Schultz probaly. The Oilers D is bad if whitney isnt healthy. So saying hes a top 4 on the Oilers isnt a huge compliment
3) Currently with Whitney looking healthy, the Oilers arent in desperate need for J Bow. This coupled with the contract would lead me to believe his value would be something like a 2nd and a prospect.

Trading Gagner would be a no go, we need him as a 2c.

I would rather look at something around Hemsky for Giordano and go from there

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:05 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
I am a Fan of Alberta . I lived in Ontario as a kid and the TML was my team . I gave up hockey for many years tired of losing . Then while living in Calgary started to hear about this kid doing amazing things , Yes Gretzky . So i started following the Oilers , Love their style became an Oiler fan for life . Started liking the Flames in 2004 as i watched with my brother as he,s a Flames fan . Like some of their players ,once they are gone i am sure i will hate them again .

Old
01-09-2013, 07:11 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Are you saying +- = defensive ability?
No it a team game ,but going back to 1998 . I have to say some of it must be the player . Can anyone say the Oilers d is good ? No but yet Smid was a Plus player on a bad team , some of that must be Smid .
I also only mention it because it was said Gagner is not consistent .

Old
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Both play tough minutes but one was +4 on a bottom feeding team while the other was -21 on a near-playoff team.

And I'll just leave this here...

You would bring up a video from a former Oiler player. Peca was a mediocre player.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Id love Jbo on the Oilers but not at the price of Smid and Gagner. The Oil just dont have the right type of assets that Calgary would want.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:34 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
No it a team game ,but going back to 1998 . I have to say some of it must be the player . Can anyone say the Oilers d is good ? No but yet Smid was a Plus player on a bad team , some of that must be Smid .
I also only mention it because it was said Gagner is not consistent .
Jbo was on one of the worst teams for the entire time he was in the WHL are you expecting a 15 year old to be a + when he is the teams top defenseman? He has also played on some of the worst NHL teams ,I don't think Gagner is terribly inconsistent but your argument that Jbo isn't consistent because he has had a bad +- a poor argument.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Free*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Jbo was on one of the worst teams for the entire time he was in the WHL are you expecting a 15 year old to be a + when he is the teams top defenseman? He has also played on some of the worst NHL teams ,I don't think Gagner is terribly inconsistent but your argument that Jbo isn't consistent because he has had a bad +- a poor argument.
Good players can be on bad teams, great players are never on bad teams.

Free* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:44 PM
armandh01

I don't want Jbo. I expect Whitney to have had a nice recovery thanks to the lockout. Even if he is 75-80% of his former self, he is better than Jbo.

armandh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Uh what? Ray Bourque and the 96-97 bruins not to mention I never called Jbo great.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
kresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Theres 3 parts to my statement

1) the oilers could handle the contract and personally I could live with it. Its bad but not Gomez bad
2) He would be in the Oilers top 4 paired with J Schultz probaly. The Oilers D is bad if whitney isnt healthy. So saying hes a top 4 on the Oilers isnt a huge compliment
3) Currently with Whitney looking healthy, the Oilers arent in desperate need for J Bow. This coupled with the contract would lead me to believe his value would be something like a 2nd and a prospect.

Trading Gagner would be a no go, we need him as a 2c.

I would rather look at something around Hemsky for Giordano and go from there
Hemsky for Giordano?? Why would we give up a rockstar like Giordano who is projected to be the next captain of the flames for a glass house like hemksy? Let me try Oilers logic. Last year hemsky was expected He would fetch a low 2nd rounder until they resigned him because there was next to no value being offered back for him. I think it would be fair to give stajan and a 4th for Hemsky. Hemsky has suited up for 56% of his games in the last 3 years. Why pay 5 mill for a 40 game a year tops player?

kresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Actually that was the value (2nd and B prospect) that some CALGARY radio guys were suggesting for JBlow before the lockout. Take that as you will....

IMO JBlow is just not a good fit for the Oilers.
I dunno. Everyone calls him a loser.

Sounds like he'd fit right in with the Oilers.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
You would bring up a video from a former Oiler player. Peca was a mediocre player.
Ha ha ha, Mike Peca being an Oiler for one year has nothing to do with what he said I'm sure. If you know anything about Peca, he actually didin`t enjoy his time as an Oiler. Plus, he was an all star, and one of the best two way players of his time. I think he knows a little bit about what the players he played against were or are all about.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Ha ha ha, Mike Peca being an Oiler for one year has nothing to do with what he said I'm sure. If you know anything about Peca, he actually didin`t enjoy his time as an Oiler. Plus, he was an all star, and one of the best two way players of his time. I think he knows a little bit about what the players he played against were or are all about.
Peca probably played less then 10 games against Jbouw as Jbouw was with the Panthers from 2006 to the time Peca retired. That sure is a good sample to judge a player that was new in the league. Peca was not a star in the NHL.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:54 PM
tfong

I always reiterate that I'm not even a JBo fan but he is a solid complimentary first pairing guy. So tke his value as such

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Yes i'm sure Peca has a vendetta against Bouwmeester, and all Flames, due to having been an Oiler for a year.

Peca wasn't mediocre in Buffalo or Long Island. He was an above average player, and he played a key role in getting two teams to the Stanley Cup finals.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:28 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Kovalchuk with the Thrashers, Crosby & Malkin on the Penguins in 05-06, Stamkos & St Louis on various iterations of the Lightning, Staal for the Canes, Tavares with the Isles, etc.

And those are just some recent ones.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote