HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver and Winnipeg

Old
01-09-2013, 01:00 AM
LeftCoast

vCash: 50

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:06 AM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Sorry, Jets fans.

/Thread

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:13 AM
gsharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
He definitely could be.
How available is he? Like Ballard straight up? Or a lot more?

I like his skill set and his attitude.

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:14 AM
allan5oh
Has prospect fever

vCash: 82
I think it would take more for a kid at his age and potential. He's an absolute beauty on the PK as the forechecker, which isn't that common for his age.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneiderman View Post
WOW. Kane is elite. We'd have to be sending Kesler + to get Kane in return. I'm sure Winnipeg could get a much better return from other teams anyways. Apologies Jets fans.

No.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Mathew Barzal
Yes. Yes we McCann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No...
Yes. Kane scored 30 goals last year as a 20 year old. He's only going to improve. You just don't trade a budding star for a two way forward like Kesler unless you're sure he'll exceed expectations in the offensive role. While I'm sure Kesler would do well in Winnipeg, he's largely benefited from playing with the Sedin's on the powerplay for the past couple of years. His stats are inflated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
And what do you consider Kesler?
I consider him to be a solid two way player who is good for 25 goals and 30 assists a season. I can easily see Kane topping those numbers during his career.

Mathew Barzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
Quote:
Yes. Kane scored 30 goals last year as a 20 year old. He's only going to improve. You just don't trade a budding star for a two way forward like Kesler unless you're sure he'll exceed expectations in the offensive role. While I'm sure Kesler would do well in Winnipeg, he's largely benefited from playing with the Sedin's on the powerplay for the past couple of years. His stats are inflated.

I consider him to be a solid two way player who is good for 25 goals and 30 assists a season. I can easily see Kane topping those numbers during his career.
And will Evander Kane ever play on the PK? or even be close to Kesler's defensive play?

No.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Jyrki
trust in linden CREW

Quote:

He's posted those numbers in an injury-shortened season while playing a good chunk of it with a separated shoulder. Kesler's standard is closer to ~65 points while giving Selke caliber defense. There's a reason why GM's drool over guys like RK17, Bergeron, Richards, etc. - they do a whole lot more than just put up points.

Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:37 AM
lush
@jasonlush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
This would be a good offer for Kane...... If he just had his legs amputated!
That is a really amusing mental image for some reason

lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Mathew Barzal
Yes. Yes we McCann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
And will Evander Kane ever play on the PK? or even be close to Kesler's defensive play?

No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
He's posted those numbers in an injury-shortened season while playing a good chunk of it with a separated shoulder. Kesler's standard is closer to ~65 points while giving Selke caliber defense. There's a reason why GM's drool over guys like RK17, Bergeron, Richards, etc. - they do a whole lot more than just put up points.
Fair enough. But personally I would value Kane's potential outburst in offensive production to Kesler's Selke worthy play. Also Kane is a winger, so you can't compare his defensive play to Kesler's as naturally a center would carry a much heavier burden.

Mathew Barzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:41 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
My god. Is David booth even capable of playing in an offensive role anymore?
Yeah he is still a good player, but the deal is absolutely brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Booth and Schroeder? for Kane

if not what?
Kesler for Kane is more like it.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:34 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post

No.
Evander Kane has already played on the PK and was fairly effective there (in ATL, didn't play PK in WPG)...
Being good defensively or two-way doesn't always equate to good PK, nor the opposite.
Kane is good on PK because of his speed and attack...

That said I agree Kane is unlikely to be as good defensively as Kesler...
I say unlikely because a good many young offense only stars translate to a two-way game as they get older, so never say never.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:36 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Thank you for being realistic about Kesler's point totals...
I get sick and tired when people 41 goal season as his standard and not the exception...

That said... I agree that GM's do drool over guys like that. But, they also drool over elite scoring... There are very few post lockout 30 goal scoring young youngin's

Old
01-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Spectrefire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Of course you do, but that doesn't mean the value isn't there. I'd definitely say that is close.

It doesn't make any sense for the canucks to do it though, at all. Without Kesler the canucks are terrible in the playoffs.
Not even close. One's a proven centerman who can log big minutes in any situations.

The other's a young winger with one good season under his belt and a range of character and on-ice issues.

Kesler is worth Kane+

Spectrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Actually his highest point total (75) Came in 2009-10 and that was before he was on the PP with the Sedins (Wellwood was) He was on the 2nd PP. His stats are reflective of his skill not luck.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Cogburn

I wouldn't trade Kesler for Kane, not that I'd scoff at the value.

Winnipeg won't give us Kane for Booth, Schroeder, +. I can't believe that was even proposed. Thanks to Jets fans, who haven't burned this thread down.

I don't consider Kane "elite", but that is my interpretation of the word. He is certainly capable of getting there, and a 30 goal season is nothing to brush off as luck or coincidence. However, without getting into a whizzing contest, as he is, and will be, a very good player, I just don't see him as, say, top 5 or even 10 at his position yet. His value is super high though, and personally, I would be unable to give up the quality piece (s) Winnipeg's fans would want, as awesome as it would be to have the hometown boy back in our city.

No Kesler, no Sedins, no Hamhuis, and Edler is as is.

I really don't see us agreeing to a deal either side would actually do, as I know Kesler would likely be the basis from our side, likely with additions to each side (ie Antropov for Ballard+ or something, not for value). So I politely take my leave, and wish both Kane and the Jets as a whole a very good season.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:20 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I wouldn't trade Kesler for Kane, not that I'd scoff at the value.

Winnipeg won't give us Kane for Booth, Schroeder, +. I can't believe that was even proposed. Thanks to Jets fans, who haven't burned this thread down.

I don't consider Kane "elite", but that is my interpretation of the word. He is certainly capable of getting there, and a 30 goal season is nothing to brush off as luck or coincidence. However, without getting into a whizzing contest, as he is, and will be, a very good player, I just don't see him as, say, top 5 or even 10 at his position yet. His value is super high though, and personally, I would be unable to give up the quality piece (s) Winnipeg's fans would want, as awesome as it would be to have the hometown boy back in our city.

No Kesler, no Sedins, no Hamhuis, and Edler is as is.

I really don't see us agreeing to a deal either side would actually do, as I know Kesler would likely be the basis from our side, likely with additions to each side (ie Antropov for Ballard+ or something, not for value). So I politely take my leave, and wish both Kane and the Jets as a whole a very good season.
While I get what you're saying and pretty much agree with you 100% Kane was actually top 5 for LWers in goals per minute of icetime... so he is top5 of something in his position (with 30+ games played).

Old
01-09-2013, 10:35 AM
GoJetsGo55

vCash: 109
This is now, officially, the WORST trade proposal I have ever seen. Jets decline and reply back with Hainsey and Antropov for Kassian just to send a big **** you back the other way.

GoJetsGo55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
While I get what you're saying and pretty much agree with you 100% Kane was actually top 5 for LWers in goals per minute of icetime... so he is top5 of something in his position (with 30+ games played).
Over one year is all. Again, Kane is a special player, but one season does not an elite player make. It's the same thing as calling Kesler an elite scorer for one 40 goal season. Will Kane repeat his success? I have little doubt, but until he does, I'd say he's just oozing skill and potential, but isn't there as of this sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
This is now, officially, the WORST trade proposal I have ever seen. Jets decline and reply back with Hainsey and Antropov for Kassian just to send a big **** you back the other way.
I think...I think the OP is still worse for value

Hainsey and Antropov are collectively about as valuable as Booth and Schroeder methinks, and I'd say Kane beats Kassian for value...so...all three for all three?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Fair enough. But personally I would value Kane's potential outburst in offensive production to Kesler's Selke worthy play. Also Kane is a winger, so you can't compare his defensive play to Kesler's as naturally a center would carry a much heavier burden.
So Kesler being a centre and having a harder work load is a negative compared to Kane?

Valuewise it might be close due to injury concerns, but there's no way we'd add to Kesler to get Kane. I also don't think Kane will significantly improve as he ages from where he is now. Crash-and-bang goal scorers generally do better in their first few years in the league as opposed to gradually trending upwards, imo.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Not even close. One's a proven centerman who can log big minutes in any situations.

The other's a young winger with one good season under his belt and a range of character and on-ice issues.

Kesler is worth Kane+
Yea...no he's not. I have a very realistic view if how much Kane is worth, I'm not even a huge fan of his...but with Kesler's injuries the value is equal.

Like I said, no way Vancouver would do that though, and that's fine. But lets not be ******** and say that Kesler is worth more...because he's not.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
BigZ65

Jets need top 6 or top 4 left-handed D, and wouldn't take bad contracts. No deal to be made here IMO.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
What is your definition of a 40 goals scorer?
A player who's scored 40 goals. Seems pretty obvious.

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Doobie Dubois

Kane has serious character issues ...do not want. I know him first hand. Been out with him many times and can't tell you how many confrontations I've seen from him. Absolute headcase ...he'll never become the player he was supposed to be.

Doobie Dubois is offline   Reply With Quote