HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dmitry Kulikov?

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 04:46 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

vCash: 500
You know, I watched the playoffs over and Kuli wasn't as bad in the playoffs as I initially thought. He actually had to cover for Weaver's mistakes A LOT. I'm sure something will get done. It's tricky because he's missed so much time with injuries. I'd give him at least 3M/yr.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:08 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
You know, I watched the playoffs over and Kuli wasn't as bad in the playoffs as I initially thought. He actually had to cover for Weaver's mistakes A LOT. I'm sure something will get done. It's tricky because he's missed so much time with injuries. I'd give him at least 3M/yr.
Weaver was terrible in the playoffs. His lack of size and strength really showed, which contributes to what you said about Kuli. Weaver is a good Dman, but Id rather see him paired 3rd with Jovo, and have Gudbranson and Kulikov play together.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov

Also unsigned D Dmitry Kulikov still in Russia #flapanthers

Old
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Weaver was terrible in the playoffs. His lack of size and strength really showed, which contributes to what you said about Kuli. Weaver is a good Dman, but Id rather see him paired 3rd with Jovo, and have Gudbranson and Kulikov play together.
Weaver is much more reliable and steady than Guds at this stage of their careers.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:19 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Weaver is much more reliable and steady than Guds at this stage of their careers.
Weaver was terrible in the playoffs, plain and simple. He was out-muscled and outworked by the Devils. He is no way "much more" reliable than Gudbranson now, IMO.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Weaver was terrible in the playoffs, plain and simple. He was out-muscled and outworked by the Devils. He is no way "much more" reliable than Gudbranson now, IMO.
So was Kulikov...

He is definitely more reliable than Guds. One playoff series doesn't mean much when you have seasons of evidence to disprove what your'e saying. You're riding Guds potential versus Weaver's career. Weaver's game is that he keeps it simple and is reliable. His size has always been issue. N

Old
01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
RainingRats

Also, Weaver was a -1 in the playoffs and a -2 in the regular season.

Guds was a -2 in the playoffs and a -19 in the regular season.

Guds played 3rd pairing minutes, facing bottom 6 forwards whereas Weaver was often out against the opposing team's best players.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:36 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
So was Kulikov...

He is definitely more reliable than Guds. One playoff series doesn't mean much when you have seasons of evidence to disprove what your'e saying. You're riding Guds potential versus Weaver's career. Weaver's game is that he keeps it simple and is reliable. His size has always been issue. N
Im not riding his potential, Im going by what was going on during the latter part of the season and the playoffs. I thought Weaver's play fell off during that time. I understand Weaver's game, how he uses his positioning and long stick to compensate for his lack of size, but we both know that the game is much more physical in the playoffs, and Id rather see Gudbranson get more minutes with Kulikov, and have a more defensive sound Weaver play with a bonehead like Jovo. I like Weaver a lot, and was glad that Tallon re-upped him, but he isnt a top four Dman. I think the core as a whole is better suited with Gudbranson and Weaver swapping spots.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:39 AM
RainingRats

With the subtle hint Great8Cam dropped, I'm starting to think the Panther's don't want to pay Kulikov big bucks. I think I can understand both sides arguing their position but I can really understand why Tallon doesn't want to and if he feels he has to, why he might move Kulikov.

With Campbell, Jovo, and Kuba earning 7, 4.1, and 4 million, adding another big salary to the D might not be the best allocation of money on a team with an internal cap. Our D with Kulikov is extremely strong, but I think Tallon knows you need quality centers to win in this league. With Weiss possibly leaving and us currently being weak in that position, a a guy like Kulikov paired with a quality prospect and pick might be able to bring back that #1 center. Eventually Guds will pick up the slack so the D will be fine long term.

Kulikov will want big money and why shouldn't he? He came in and started playing quality minutes as an 18 year old. He's impressed me from day one and there's no doubt in my mind he'll be a #1 d-man and at worst a first pairing guy. His only drawback is I expect more offense out of him (his shot is terrible) and he's a bit inconsistent (to be expected at his age.) I think a contract like the one Tobias Enstrom got is what he's going to want which is 5 years, almost 29 million.

Last edited by RainingRats: 01-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
With the subtle hint Great8Cam dropped, I'm starting to think the Panther's don't want to pay Kulikov big bucks. I think I can understand both sides arguing their position but I can really understand why Tallon doesn't want to and if he feels he has to, why he might move Kulikov.

With Campbell, Jovo, and Kuba earning 7, 4.1, and 4 million, adding another big salary to the D might not be the best allocation of money on a team with an internal cap. Our D with Kulikov is extremely strong, but I think Tallon knows you need quality centers to win in this league. With Weiss possibly leaving and us currently being weak in that position, a a guy like Kulikov paired with a quality prospect and pick might be able to bring back that #1 center. Eventually Guds will pick up the slack so the D will be fine long term.

Kulikov will want big money and why shouldn't he? He came in and started playing quality minutes as an 18 year old. He's impressed me from day one and there's no doubt in my mind he'll be a #1 d-man and at worst a first pairing guy. His only drawback is I expect more offense out of him (his shot is terrible) and he's a bit inconsistent (to be expected at his age.) I think a contract like the one Tobias Enstrom got is what he's going to want which is 5 years, almost 29 million.
I think it would be a huge mistake not to pay Kulikov whatever the hell he wants. He is going to be a star and already is a very good defenseman, unless we trade him for a big player, I want to see him stay in Florida. Tallon needs to get this done, unless Kuli is asking for 6M+ we should be able to work something out.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

I just caught on to what you were talking about with Great8. I really do not want to see Kulikov moved, but if its for someone like a Bobby Ryan, then Id be ok with it. Kulikov has been great since we brought him in, but the offensive output is a bit disturbing. Maybe its because he has had these injuries happen, or maybe its just a part of his game that will develop later on. I do agree that he is at worst a top pairing Dman. If we can bring a big offensive weapon in, it would offset the Kulikov loss this year, and with guys like Petrovic, Robak, etc. waiting in the wings, its a move worth considering.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

I really really don't want us to trade Kuli, but if we do then I'd like to see us trade him to Ottawa, Philly, or Minny. Zibanejad+, Couturier, or Coyle+. That wouldn't be so bad. I don't see us landing a #1 center.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Great8Cam

Kuli still in Russia. How does the flight time compare from Russia to Vancouver versus Russia to Miami?

Old
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
Kuli still in Russia. How does the flight time compare from Russia to Vancouver versus Russia to Miami?
If he gets traded for Roberto it will be a terrible terrible terrible trade.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
If we get Luongo in a trade it is anyway bad. With Jacob looming it will be wasted money. Same situation like in Vancouver with Schneider.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Haha, boned for Roberto TWICE.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
jol

Quote:
Moscow Miami, about 12 hours
Vladivostok Vancouver, about 14 hours

JOL

Old
01-12-2013, 04:29 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
its scary how much you mention us not keeping Kuli, it scares me even more that you might know something we don't about the situation.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:36 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
its scary how much you mention us not keeping Kuli, it scares me even more that you might know something we don't about the situation.
He's an insider of some kind. I'm scared that we'll be moving him too.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:46 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
NO. NO. NO. NO.

Oh.. wait. Unless it's a package deal with Kesler, then maybe.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Something good better be coming back with Luongo otherwise I'm no longer a Tallon fan.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
RainingRats

What makes me think he wont be going is that Van doesn't need any d-men. They have Edler, Garrison, Bieska, and Hamius. I guess it's better to have Kulikov playing or you could flip him somewhere else than having Roberto ride the pine.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
What makes me think he wont be going is that Van doesn't need any d-men. They have Edler, Garrison, Bieska, and Hamius. I guess it's better to have Kulikov playing or you could flip him somewhere else than having Roberto ride the pine.
Their fans keep saying they could use an upgrade to the top 5. I mean it's a great defense but I guess it could be better. Better than nothing at all.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:07 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Haha, boned for Roberto TWICE.
I think you mean stromboned1.

Can someone fill me in on the kuli luongo talk in here? Random speculation or has someone actually heard something?

Last edited by luongo321: 01-12-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Come on Nonis, don't let us down haha.

Closed Thread