HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

QMJHL and WHL

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2005, 02:05 PM
  #1
BrickRed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
QMJHL and WHL

Do these players receive any compensation?

BrickRed is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 03:04 PM
  #2
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
I know they do in the WHL.....I'm assuming it would work the same way in the Q.

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 03:13 PM
  #3
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickRed
Do these players receive any compensation?
they do but it isn't much basically food $$

but it is enough that anyone in those leagues is ineligble to play in college.

NYR469 is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 03:29 PM
  #4
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
they do but it isn't much basically food $$

but it is enough that anyone in those leagues is ineligble to play in college.
This is inaccurate on both counts.

CHL players are able to go to Canadian colleges. While they are unable to play college hockey in the United States, I'm sure they are quite alright with that ahead of time.

Players do not receive food money. That type of compensation is provided to the billets of each player. They do receive a salary, but it isn't used on food.

Aaron Vickers is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 05:12 PM
  #5
Crosbyfan
Registered User
 
Crosbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 10,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
This is inaccurate on both counts.

CHL players are able to go to Canadian colleges. While they are unable to play college hockey in the United States, I'm sure they are quite alright with that ahead of time.

Players do not receive food money. That type of compensation is provided to the billets of each player. They do receive a salary, but it isn't used on food.
Don't they also get scholarships, tuition, tutors etc while playing and afterwards?

Crosbyfan is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 05:15 PM
  #6
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
For every year a player plays in the WHL, he gets a year of post secondary school paid for.

Also the boys receive compensation based on age and playing experience in the league....I think it ranges from 250 - 600 a MONTH!

I know in certain cases players get fined for missing classes and screwing up in games...and it comes off their pay cheque each month.

In fact I know of one case where a kid missed class so much he OWED the team money!!

Anyway that's what I know...and it's all fact, not making it up, I am however though slightly on certain on the amount of money they get to go towards post secondary...but I think it works out to a year for a year.

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 07:33 PM
  #7
BrickRed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Thanks to all for the info

BrickRed is offline  
Old
02-26-2005, 07:39 PM
  #8
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
For every year a player plays in the WHL, he gets a year of post secondary school paid for.

Also the boys receive compensation based on age and playing experience in the league....I think it ranges from 250 - 600 a MONTH!

I know in certain cases players get fined for missing classes and screwing up in games...and it comes off their pay cheque each month.

In fact I know of one case where a kid missed class so much he OWED the team money!!

Anyway that's what I know...and it's all fact, not making it up, I am however though slightly on certain on the amount of money they get to go towards post secondary...but I think it works out to a year for a year.
I got a couple of buddies who play in the dub. They make $250 a week.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.