HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 01:12 AM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Looks like a few guys have been invited to camps.

Brad Winchester with Calgary, Dan Ellis with Carolina and Mike Knuble with Detroit.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:24 AM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

vCash: 788
I wonder if we will have any invites I do not think so but could be interesting.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:29 AM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Mike Mottau signs a 1 year/$850,000 contract with Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teganandsara View Post
I wonder if we will have any invites I do not think so but could be interesting.
I wouldn't mind seeing Kent Huskins get an invite to our camp.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teganandsara View Post
Same. Someone like Knuble could have a good year in Edmonton. Although Detroit is the best place for a vet like him to go in my opinion.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
This was before Sutton went down. You can be sure the Oilers will try to add a depth dman. Going into the year with Fedun or Tuebert as the no.8 guy on the depth chart is untenable. I would actually hope the oilers would sign two dmen, one on a two-way to play in OKC.

It should also be worrisome that two of our top 4, Smid and Whitney, are ufas. Signing Smid now to a long-term deal should be a high priority.
Smid is a UFA this summer? Already? Yeesh I could have sworn he had some rfa years left.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:39 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Kent Huskins get an invite to our camp.
Seems like there is a lot of teams out there looking for D, Huskins will probably get signed without having to try out. Really, he'd be a great fit on our back end.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:47 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

vCash: 50
Yep I bet any decent depth dman with any NHL experience (and some that aren't even that decent) will be gobbled up by teams in the next few days/weeks. I think they are the most in-demand commodity right now.

If a guy like Peckham or even Potter were to hit waivers I highly doubt they'd make it through without getting picked up.

Old
01-13-2013, 06:37 AM
40oz

And we're underway... Martinek signs with the Islanders.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:22 AM
spot

I think a Flames and Oilers trade could be ideal.

Hemsky+Potter for Jaybo

Hudler Cervenka Hemsky

Could make for a decent 2nd line. Jaybo could step in and play 25 mins/night.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Bodmanza
McChiaricholson

Bob MacKenzie reporting Del Zotto signed. Of all things I have heard, the NJD D for Oil fwd seems to make the most sense...

Old
01-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodmanza View Post
Bob MacKenzie reporting Del Zotto signed. Of all things I have heard, the NJD D for Oil fwd seems to make the most sense...
I just don't see the Oilers moving any big forward other than Horcoff...and why would NJ want him? They have Zajac and Henrique.

Hemsky - sure, for Volchenkov, Greene or Larsson. Not sure why NJ would do that before this summer though.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Bodmanza
McChiaricholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I just don't see the Oilers moving any big forward other than Horcoff...and why would NJ want him? They have Zajac and Henrique.

Hemsky - sure, for Volchenkov, Greene or Larsson. Not sure why NJ would do that before this summer though.
Tallinder? I have liked him since Buff. With Hemsky his injury concerns are warranted so I doubt NJ gives up Greene, and for sure not Larssen. Hemsky plus 2nd might get Volchenkov? He is quite durable.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
spot

Flyers just traded for Brian Boucher again.
As per mckenzie.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Tallinder? I have liked him since Buff. With Hemsky his injury concerns are warranted so I doubt NJ gives up Greene, and for sure not Larssen. Hemsky plus 2nd might get Volchenkov? He is quite durable.
Even Jersey fans are saying they would have to add to Volchenkov to get Hemsky.

I'm not willing to give up Hemsky for a project. Because the successfuk project of Hemsky is likely far more valuable. IMO giving him up DOES create a hole. We badly need secondary scoring behind the Hall-RNH-Ebs line, or we are guaranteed to lose every game that they get shut down.

Only way I trade Hemsky is if we are adding to him for a position that we have a GREATER need for. Not saying we have any chance of these happening, but if it were Hemsky + for ROR or Bogosian, count me in.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Bodmanza
McChiaricholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Even Jersey fans are saying they would have to add to Volchenkov to get Hemsky.

I'm not willing to give up Hemsky for a project. Because the successfuk project of Hemsky is likely far more valuable. IMO giving him up DOES create a hole. We badly need secondary scoring behind the Hall-RNH-Ebs line, or we are guaranteed to lose every game that they get shut down.

Only way I trade Hemsky is if we are adding to him for a position that we have a GREATER need for. Not saying we have any chance of these happening, but if it were Hemsky + for ROR or Bogosian, count me in.
The Hemsky to NJ thread on the trade rumors board suggests otherwise.

D is a greater need, without question. Also, Volchenkov is hardly a project...

But I agree losing Hemsky would give us a bit of an issue. Maybe a Pajaarvi or equivalent plus pick for lesser dman makes the most sense.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:20 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
The Hemsky to NJ thread on the trade rumors board suggests otherwise.

D is a greater need, without question. Also, Volchenkov is hardly a project...

But I agree losing Hemsky would give us a bit of an issue. Maybe a Pajaarvi or equivalent plus pick for lesser dman makes the most sense.
I think your missing something, Volchenkov has a NTC and NJ needs his grit. Another fact his injury history is almost as bad a Hemsky and it could get worse as he get's older. His contract could also cripple the Oilers from signing some of their young stars in the future.

Yes Volchenkov type is what the Oilers are looking for, but Volchenkov contract and injury history the Oilers would pass

Old
01-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Anyone else find it hilarious the Flyer signed Kurtis Foster, in a short season it won't take long to "figure" him out. lol

Old
01-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Bodmanza
McChiaricholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I think your missing something, Volchenkov has a NTC and NJ needs his grit. Another fact his injury history is almost as bad a Hemsky and it could get worse as he get's older. His contract could also cripple the Oilers from signing some of their young stars in the future.

Yes Volchenkov type is what the Oilers are looking for, but Volchenkov contract and injury history the Oilers would pass
Did not realize he had a ntc. Again, it's not specifically about him, I just think the NJD make the best trade partners atm.

Definitely disagree that his injury history is almost as bad as Hammer. He has never played less than 57 games in a season. He is somewhat more injury prone than I had realized, but not to the extent you make it out to be.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:31 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Henrique's hurt and that might explain why they'd look at Hemsky. Or something.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Henrique's hurt and that might explain why they'd look at Hemsky. Or something.
The other thing it does, a Volchenkov + for Hemsky deal, is remove some long term money from the equation because there are a number of soon to be UFAs the Devils have to consider signing; Elias, Zajac, Zubrus and Clarkson

Old
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Did not realize he had a ntc. Again, it's not specifically about him, I just think the NJD make the best trade partners atm.

Definitely disagree that his injury history is almost as bad as Hammer. He has never played less than 57 games in a season. He is somewhat more injury prone than I had realized, but not to the extent you make it out to be.
The Oilers don't need another 3/4 D or a soft one, they also don't need to take on a contract. Tallinder could be a walking time bomb with his blood cot history, and he got back spasm's just from tying his shoes. NJ doesn't have anything they would be willing to trade that the Oilers would want.

Look at Vancouver and Philly inviting Barker and Foster, that means D are at a premium and right now the Oilers can ill afford to pay for a D that could end up playing 3rd pair or sitting. The wild card is Peckham, if he returns back to form, the Oilers are fine. If not, Hemsky will have had time to preform and his value should have increased.

Volchenkov misses around 15-20 games each year due to injury, because of the style of game he plays and I love his style. As he gets older those injuries could increase, are you willing to take a chance on that.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Bodmanza
McChiaricholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Volchenkov misses around 15-20 games each year due to injury, because of the style of game he plays and I love his style. As he gets older those injuries could increase, are you willing to take a chance on that.
Take a chance? It's less of a chance than Hemsky.

One last time, it's not just about Volchenkov, I just figure the two teams have different needs and make decent trading partners.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:58 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

sounds like Gomez has been kicked to the curb in Montreal

I think montreal needs to turn back the clock and rethink how they do things

Habs were once a class act in dealing with players

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old
01-13-2013, 10:03 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Take a chance? It's less of a chance than Hemsky.

One last time, it's not just about Volchenkov, I just figure the two teams have different needs and make decent trading partners.
You would think the Oilers would trade for a player, that would help the team and be around for awhile. The Oilers need a physical 3rd pairing D, with a short contract. A big rugged 2nd line C and maybe a backup goalie. Who on the Devils team would fit, and they would be willing to trade.

Remember it's the Devils that are desperate for scoring help, their the one's expected to make the playoffs, a team in financial trouble, and if anything they should be over paying.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
sounds like Gomez has been kicked to the curb in Montreal

I think montreal needs to turn back the clock and rethink how they do things

Habs were once a class act in dealing with players
He's getting paid $5.5 million to take a year off. Not exactly a hardship.

Closed Thread