HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
BowDangles

vCash: 500
Looks like Islanders claimed Hickey.. I would of loved Hickey in our system, just do not believe his is ready for the NHL level yet.. Which is why we couldn't claim him..would of ended up putting him back on waivers to be claimed again..

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC
Think Islanders claimed another D -- Thomas Hickey from LA

Old
01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I heard the same thing on the radio today.

People can take it whichever way they want to I think. Maybe Tambo was kicking some tires, who knows. What I DO know is that any GM needing a goalie would be crazy not to inquire about Luongo.

The guy gets a bad rap because of the goof ball Vancouver fans IMO.

Sure, that is a great save, but why did he have to make it?

One big juicy rebound on a shot that was not too hard.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post

Almost anybody but Ben Eager would of roof daddy'd that rebound...

Old
01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Richard Clune also picked up, goes from LA to NSH.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
jadeddog

since that omark rumor being talked about, i thought that omark didn't have an out-clause in his swiss league contract this year? in other words, he wouldn't be able to come to the NHL this season... is that not true? and if so, why would any team be interested in aquiring him this season?

Old
01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Sabres Front office ‏@SabresFront
#sabres wanted a player for Leopold and oil didnt want to depart with Omark or parjarrvi

https://twitter.com/SabresFront
I do think that they would of parted with Omark as they couldn't even get a draft pick for him last year.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
since that omark rumor being talked about, i thought that omark didn't have an out-clause in his swiss league contract this year? in other words, he wouldn't be able to come to the NHL this season... is that not true? and if so, why would any team be interested in aquiring him this season?
Teams that are not in contention for the playoffs come trade deadline could have interest in him for the next year.

This scenario would only work if the Oiler's are in contention and need something from this team for the playoff push.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:23 PM
bsmith14

Anyone else think we might end up trading more picks in the near future for roster players? I feel that if we could trade our 1st or 2nd round this year for a good roster player then we might be pretty deep for the next 5 years.

ie) 1st round (10th-16th overall?) for a guy like Colin Wilson or our 2nd rounder for Patrik Berglund? Dangle our picks for a young guy with size. Both those guys may be the odd man out in their teams top 9

Old
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
We have two offseasons to buy him out if it doesn't work out. That's two season and two playoffs to prove his worth.
The Oilers don't need to take a chance on Luongo. He would cost us an arm and a leg to trade for him from a division rival. Then after we give up real assets for him, we add a massive contract that we're already discussing the possibility of buying out.

That's terrible asset management.

Old
joestevens29

Quote:
I don't know, because I thought he went the Swiss league because he could get out. Now everyone in that thread says think he has no out.

Old
Slatsmsg

Quote:
If a team was on the outside of the playoff run looking in would it really matter if they had him this season (especially in a shortened season). Omark didn't want to play in the AHL but, as far as top 6 players go on the Oil, there was just no room. He still has sic hands and is a dynamic player. IDK, I could see him fitting in somewhere.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
jadeddog

we should be running away, screaming if possible, from luongo's contract... i wouldn't take him, even if it was for free... honestly... he screws up our cap in a couple years when RNH/schultz/yakupov need new contracts, and by then luongo will be even MORE untradable than he already is

i couldn't hate the idea of getting luongo more than i do, it wouldn't be possible

Old
01-15-2013, 12:27 PM
joestevens29

Sounds like they are working on Redden/Gomez situation. Be interesting to see who picks those guys up.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
Anyone else think we might end up trading more picks in the near future for roster players? I feel that if we could trade our 1st or 2nd round this year for a good roster player then we might be pretty deep for the next 5 years.

ie) 1st round (10th-16th overall?) for a guy like Colin Wilson or our 2nd rounder for Patrik Berglund? Dangle our picks for a young guy with size. Both those guys may be the odd man out in their teams top 9
I think with Radulov and A.Kostitsyn out in NSH, Wilson will be a part of their top 6, they wouldn't trade him for a pick.

Berglund is also valuable to the Blues, no way he moves for a 2nd.

All IMO of course.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:29 PM
bsmith14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sounds like they are working on Redden/Gomez situation. Be interesting to see who picks those guys up.
Whats the deal with them? Is it possible to pick one up with their either of their teams picking up most of the tab? lol

Old
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
Whats the deal with them? Is it possible to pick one up with their either of their teams picking up most of the tab? lol
I won't be shocked if the teams are allowed to do a buyout now. Probably something along the lines of you can buyout a player now if both sides agree to it.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
bsmith14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
I think with Radulov and A.Kostitsyn out in NSH, Wilson will be a part of their top 6, they wouldn't trade him for a pick.

Berglund is also valuable to the Blues, no way he moves for a 2nd.

All IMO of course.
Ok. Who do you think might be available for a 1st or 2nd rounder? Like who are guys who might just have no room in their teams top 6/9? All depending on where we are picking and what kind of player our scouts think they are getting (ie Darnell Nurse or Lazar would be great).

Old
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I won't be shocked if the teams are allowed to do a buyout now. Probably something along the lines of you can buyout a player now if both sides agree to it.
I agree, it is unfair to Gomez and Redden to have them sit out all year than expect a team to sign them next summer with nothing to go on..

Old
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Well money is an issue for a lot of Euro teams. I am sure that if a team wanted Omark enough they could send a few hundred K to EV Zug and buy out Omark's contract.

Not saying it's going to happen, but it isn't impossible.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
joestevens29

Today's waivers

BUF: Mark Mancari
CGY: Akim Aliu, Krys Kolanos, Joe Piskula, Ben Walter
CHI: Carter Hutton
FLA: Andre Deveaux, J.F. Jacques
MIN: Drew Bagnall, Brian Connelly, Chay Genoway, Carson McMillan, Jarod Palmer
NYR: Sean Collins, Michael Haley, Chad Kolarik, Kris Newbury, Logan Pyett, Brandon Segal, Mike Vernace, Tommy Grant
STL: Adam Cracknell, Scott Ford, TJ Hensick, Andrew Murray, Anthony Peluso, Brett Sonne, Mike McKenna
SJ: Brandon Mashinter, Jon Matsumoto

Old
01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I agree, it is unfair to Gomez and Redden to have them sit out all year than expect a team to sign them next summer with nothing to go on..
I just question why they never fought for it in the first place? Is it because some players don't want to be bought out now because they know they won't find another job?

Old
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Mashinter eh?

I'd take a flyer.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post

The utube thing was more about the annoying fans yelling Lou than the save.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:46 PM
GO99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 355
I don't feel any sympathy for guys like Redden or Gomez. Sure you never want to turn down big money. It would be stupid to. They also knew what expectations would come taking on those big salaries. It's a lot of pressure for some players.

Old
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
*M*J*D*

Send a message via MSN to *M*J*D*
Twitter

InsideTheRink ‏@InsideTheRink
Hearing the #MapleLeafs and #Oilers are talking. Oilers focus isn't on D with Leafs, looking at a forward.

Any guesses gang?

Closed Thread