HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Errr I don't think the Jets give up Stuart for MPS.He's a top-4 guy for that team, and anchored their PK. Unless they are getting a clear upgrade, I don't see it.

Then add in that they have Ladd and Kane as their top-2 choices at LW. It doesn't make sense for them.

I'd do it, I like Mark Stuart, but I doubt they do it.
Well there pretty thin after Kane, Ladd, and Wheeler on wings and definitely have no one with as much potential as PRV who can play both sides. Also on D they have Bogo(not signed but is an RFA), Buff, Enstrom all signed to long term deals with Hainsey signed for this season. Then they have Trouba in the wings who by the looks of his WJC could be ready within the next two years. I can see why they would say no but could also see them considering the deal.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Njoy Oilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Couple Youtube Highlights for ypu guys who dont see Stuart to often

Definitely could use more of that on the Oil. Another guy I'd like us to look into for the 4th line is Shawn Thornton out of Boston. Tough as nails and can play a bit.
Wow! Solid stand up blue liner. If Peckam could translate his game to this level, it would be a win win situation for the OIlers and Peckam going forward.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Would anyone do:

To Edm: Stuart and Klingberg
To Win: PRV and Potter

Not sure how close it would be but I think this is the type of move Tambo should be looking to make.
Yes, Yes I would!!

Old
01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
[QUOTE=clynch;57444547]THIS! The Oilers need a mean son-of-a-***** back there that can clear the crease and play PK. Jason Smith 2.0! I agree Smid might have it in him, but he needs to work on his crazy eyes.

Marchment!!

Old
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Wow! Solid stand up blue liner. If Peckam could translate his game to this level, it would be a win win situation for the OIlers and Peckam going forward.
Agreed on Peckham, but I have to say, some of these guys are giving epic suicide passes.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Agreed on Peckham, but I have to say, some of these guys are giving epic suicide passes.
Oh my god that Kopitar pass was trolly tracks.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Alberta Oilfire

Noticed Kulikov is a RFA, I'd love to see slow-mo Steve Tambellini actually shock us all and be in on something like that.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Oilfire View Post
Noticed Kulikov is a RFA, I'd love to see slow-mo Steve Tambellini actually shock us all and be in on something like that.
Well, rumours were they liked him quite a bit at the draft, and he's done nothing but improve since then so I'm sure they would love to get him.

Sadly, I don't think we have any assets that we would be willing to trade that could actually land him.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:50 PM
smokes lets go

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...1&fa_type_id=2

this summers free agency has a potential to be good. Guys like backstrom and clowe could solve some of our glaring weaknesses if they were to become availible. We need more size upfront and a new starter if Dubnyk doesn't prove he can be a #1 guy.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Philly85
Raps'

Wow, that is a really deep FA pool, truly. Of course a bunch of those guys will get re-signed but even after.. there will still be plenty of good depth players and 2nd tier stars available.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Sexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Wow, that is a really deep FA pool, truly. Of course a bunch of those guys will get re-signed but even after.. there will still be plenty of good depth players and 2nd tier stars available.
Combined with the new CBA cap restrictions, could be quite nice indeed.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Where would the excitement be without them. Lol

Old
01-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Peckham is a better skater than Matt Greene ever was (Greene has been the better player at every level, but his skating wasn't the reason). And Smith was never a great skater either.

I'm not saying Peckham will ever be a top 4 defender like those guys, but I do believe he could reach the level of Andrew Ference sometime in the near future. Let's also not forget that Ference has been a 3rd pairing guy for most of his career going back to his Calgary days and has only ever been a fill-in on the top 4. He's a very good 3rd pairing defender, but a 5-6 guy none the less.
Greene when he was traded and Peckham now really were in remarkably similar positions.

Peckham: 156Gp 4g 17p -14 25 years old
Greene: 151GP 1g 13p -31 25 years old (as Oiler)

Eerily similar...
Playoffs in 1 season, Stanley Cup in 4? Or maybe we trade him for Lubo Visnovsky lol

Old
01-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Needles

I wouldn't mind if Tambo went after Ryan O'Reilly. He's RFA and the contract negotiations aren't going anywhere.

Ryan O'Reilly

Sam Gagner/PRV/2nd 2013/prospects (some of them, not all).

You guys have tons of assets. Why not use some of them to aquire 21yo character guy who can give you 40 points per year + solid 2-way game?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:25 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
I wouldn't mind if Tambo went after Ryan O'Reilly. He's RFA and the contract negotiations aren't going anywhere.

Ryan O'Reilly

You guys have tons of assets. Why not use some of them to aquire 21yo character guy who can give you 40 points per year + solid 2-way game?
Somebody should ask Tambi that question.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:31 AM
oilers83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexington View Post
Combined with the new CBA cap restrictions, could be quite nice indeed.
Isn't there a new clause with arbitration stating that teams cannot walk away with less than 3.5 Million settlement? If so, things can get really interesting.

***This is an example of what could happen, please note I have no idea if Stepan is even arbitration eligible but let's say he is.

Derek Stepan scored 51 points last year, that is on par with Sam Gagner ppg, so when he goes to the bargaining table with the Rangers next year he will look Gagners salary and say that's a good number and go from there. The Rangers low ball yadda, yadda, yadda, and we see ourselves at the arbitration and he is awarded 3.4 million just for fun. The Rangers cannot walk away from that, not that they would but considering the fact the drop in cap is pretty much gonna take Redden out of the equation, and then they have to resign both MDZ(right now) AND Ryan McDonagh.......

I think next off season will be chaos. How many times have we seen a guy get off to hot start for half a season and completely dissolve down the stretch. Imagine if we only played 48 games last year and having to negotiate with Ryan Smyth. He would've wanted 4 mill......

Old
01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:

Ryan O'Reilly

I'd definitely be interested in ROR if he was available.

01-12-2013, 01:52 AM
tiger_80

Quote:

Ryan O'Reilly

ROR would be a nice fit. Probably would cost Gagner and a 1st rounder. Maybe a prospect like Marincin too.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Sparky1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Peckham is certainly limited by his lack of mobility but he has some tools that could be valuable in a 6/7 dman. Not to mention there's a lot of room to grow.

Last year on the PK:

Peckham - 6.49 GA/60
Smid - 6.11 GA/60
Petry - 6.78 GA/60

He was right there with Smid which is pretty impressive, and ahead of Petry by a tiny bit. Playing Peckham for 13 minutes a night at evens plus heavy PK minutes is not the worst thing in the world. He's a great teammate, fearless and works his ass off.

Also, the alternative for now:

Potter - 7.15 GA/60

I really like Peckham. I hope he can become a more complete player. Guys like Sutton have learned to be relatively effective despite poor mobility, and I think Pecks can do the same.

edit- I checked these numbers for 5v5 play and found the following:

Peckham - 2.57 GA/60
Smid - 2.32 GA/60
Petry - 2.63 GA/60

Not too shabby. Granted, Peckham was facing easier opponents and had a bit better puck luck, but he was also lining up with worse teammates. He wasn't bleeding as badly as I thought at evens.

Again, the alternative, Corey Potter trailed the pack at 3.02 GA/60.

2nd edit -

I looked further and found something really surprising. Peckham actually led the team in GFON/60, meaning the team scored more at 5v5 with him on the ice than with any other dman.

Peckham - 2.57
Smid - 2.46
Petry - 2.39
Sutton - 2.29
Potter - 2.11
Whitney - 1.85

His zone starts were respectable for this team, starting 51.2 and ending 48.6% in the offensive zone. One caveat, his PDO was 1025 at evens, which explains a bit but not all of the teams success.

All in all, I'm not sure why his season is universally viewed as a total failure. He was average or better in all these categories last year but to me and everyone else he looked way off his game and unable to keep up.
Could just be confirmation bias, saw him bad or whatever you call that gut feeling you get when a player seems to be making a boatload of mistakes. Either way, I'm all for giving Pecks a season to sort it out.
There are three kinds of lies...Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:42 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

Ryan O'Reilly

Gagner would be a bad fit in Colorado, and I'm not willing to give up on PRV, all though I would love to have ROR. The Barons D looks shot right now, so I cannot see them trading either Marincin or Teubert, maybe Hemsky & Jones + 3rd, that's if the Rockies want to make a run at the play-offs. That being said, the Rockies will never trade ROR, he'll be resigned.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Hemsky4PM

I would really love to see the Oilers make a push this season. That means they need to sign or trade for a big center and a depth defender.

I would really like to see them sign Arnott, but I doubt Arnie would want to return.

I'd also like to see a guy like Kubina on a one year deal. Even for 2M+ this season (pro-rated) would be a good investment.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:32 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
I would really love to see the Oilers make a push this season. That means they need to sign or trade for a big center and a depth defender.

I would really like to see them sign Arnott, but I doubt Arnie would want to return.

I'd also like to see a guy like Kubina on a one year deal. Even for 2M+ this season (pro-rated) would be a good investment.
I'm not sure with Arnott, good faceoff man and would give the 2nd PP unit a solid C, but he's lost a couple of steps. I like Kubina, but I think you would have to give him a couple of years to sign here.

Old
01-12-2013, 05:47 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
For me I do no think Peckham and Greene are the same type of player. Greene sees the ice better and knew how to use his body better at the same age as Peckham. I like Peckham, he is a frustrating player and I hope he comes around-- I am hoping Teubert develops into a Greene type player

Old
01-12-2013, 06:43 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
For me I do no think Peckham and Greene are the same type of player. Greene sees the ice better and knew how to use his body better at the same age as Peckham. I like Peckham, he is a frustrating player and I hope he comes around-- I am hoping Teubert develops into a Greene type player
Watching Teubert play is frustrating, you can see the skill is there, but it seems he can never put it all together.

Old
01-12-2013, 07:03 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
If the CBA does get ratified today, will we see a flurry of activity today/tonight?

Closed Thread