HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Prestige Worldwide: TRADE DEADLINE: Thursday, Feb. 7, 8:00 p.m. EST

Old
01-20-2013, 12:19 PM
camwise

vCash: 500
CBJ:

1 year deals are allowed, but the player can't be resigned--so you are ONLY getting them for one year.

I agree if you are going to sign a player for 1 year, you can easily sign him for 2 years. If you still insist on obtaining said player for 1 year, its because he is a rental and you're waiting for draft picks to progress.

camwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:19 PM
wokeupinaz
Valley of the Sun!

Send a message via MSN to wokeupinaz
I'd like to be considered for a open team

wokeupinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:23 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
I made several offers (to highly coveted/sought after) free agents, I definitely do not expect to land them all (if I land one I'll be ecstatic) but if I do somehow land them all I'll break the 'dont go over the cap when signing FAs rule'. I made said offers before reading about this rule, and they were to guys like Gagne/Filppula who have a bevy of offers.

I am very willing to pay whatever price I have to pay for that (including trading the lesser FAs for nothing [effectively a waiver system])

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
I made several offers (to highly coveted/sought after) free agents, I definitely do not expect to land them all (if I land one I'll be ecstatic) but if I do somehow land them all I'll break the 'dont go over the cap when signing FAs rule'.

I am very willing to pay whatever price I have to pay for that (including trading the lesser FAs for nothing [effectively a waiver system])
We'll deal with that if we get to it, but we would have you put someone on waivers--whether it would be your own (old) players or one of the recently-signed guys, I'm not sure.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Sounds good to me

Old
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
camwise

Just out of curiosity Jack what time are you running the next SIM?

camwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
Just out of curiosity Jack what time are you running the next SIM?
At 8:00 p.m. EST I am simming all the way to the start of season 2.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokeupinaz View Post
Yes yes yes yes yes!

Wish the wings weren't gutted, we could keep the avs wings rivalry going ;-)

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokeupinaz View Post
The new GM.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Little under three hours from the advance to Season 2, so get your offers in.

Quick bit of housekeeping. I will pause briefly after the first advance--but only so that people can decide to match or not match RFA offers. If people want to sneak in and see who they signed and who is still available, that's fine, but no one can offer any additional contracts at that point. Any GM who does will both lose the player (waivers) and be subject to restrictions on free agency next season.

The goal here is two-fold: 1) get to season 2 as fast as possible, and 2) make sure everyone has an equal chance at grabbing the left-over UFAs during the first playable block.

Any RFAs who's offers are not matched in game during this window can still be matched (for our league's purposes) during the first playable block. To match, you will simply trade the compensation (already transfer in game at that point) back to the team for the player. The other team must accept this offer.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:56 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Little under three hours from the advance to Season 2, so get your offers in.

Quick bit of housekeeping. I will pause briefly after the first advance--but only so that people can decide to match or not match RFA offers. If people want to sneak in and see who they signed and who is still available, that's fine, but no one can offer any additional contracts at that point. Any GM who does will both lose the player (waivers) and be subject to restrictions on free agency next season.

The goal here is two-fold: 1) get to season 2 as fast as possible, and 2) make sure everyone has an equal chance at grabbing the left-over UFAs during the first playable block.

Any RFAs who's offers are not matched in game during this window can still be matched (for our league's purposes) during the first playable block. To match, you will simply trade the compensation (already transfer in game at that point) back to the team for the player. The other team must accept this offer.
Perfect.

And floaterr replaced by wokeupinaz for Detroit? I'm officially excited again for this league.

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Advancing to the season.

No new offers at this time. Please wait for the start of the new season for that.

signed Gagne, Ference, and Streit to big one-year deals. All three will be be UFAs next year. Given that that's three illegitimate deals in one year, further sanctions are pending.

I'm still looking into others, but it seems like most of the other GMs honored the spirit of my request regarding 1-year deals.

Still, I'm increasingly convinced that an outright ban (with an exception only for two-way / ELC deals, capped at $925k) is the way to go. Lund was one of the advocates of allowing one-term deals, but I now see basically self-interest. I'm inclined to agree with Saw and simply ban them beginning next season.

EDIT:

The following RFA transactions took place on July 30th:

- S.J. received 2nd from COL (I'm assuming Galiardi)
- L.A. received 2nd from MTL (Hickey)
- PIT recieved 1st and 3rd from DET (Neuvirth)

All three teams, PIT, LAK, and SJS have the right to trade the compensation back during the first window.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 01-20-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 08:11 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

how about one of those players gets traded away? I think it's pretty BS for a guy to push for a glitch that he himself is knowingly going to exploit....

I'm not home, did Montreal sign anyone?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
how about one of those players gets traded away? I think it's pretty BS for a guy to push for a glitch that he himself is knowingly going to exploit....

I'm not home, did Montreal sign anyone?
He's willing, and we're talking about that. But I want them all to hit UFA again next season, so any transfer would only be a one-year deal anyway.

Also, I want to make something clear--the violation was of the spirit rather than the letter of the law. The Gagne and Streit deals were big in money terms, but not massively above the players' ask. I probably just should have banned one-year deals completely for free agency. That's what I suspect will happen going forward.

I know you signed Hickey (RFA), don't know much else.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

oh wow wasn't expecting to get Hickey so that's good news...might just play him beside Subban (two young TWD with great potential, LH and RH)

no one else had offers in on Bouchard so I assume I got him, would be happy to have his speed.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
matt1396

Quote:
oh wow wasn't expecting to get Hickey so that's good news...might just play him beside Subban (two young TWD with great potential, LH and RH)

no one else had offers in on Bouchard so I assume I got him, would be happy to have his speed.
get on so I can beat your ass in this league and bluth

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:53 PM
wilco5886
Come On You Spurs

Quote:

Bouchard is a Jet.

wilco5886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
get on so I can beat your ass in this league and bluth
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

can't get on until tomorrow, sorry palsh

also, I can't hate on a fellow Wilco fan

also, pretty happy with my signings: Cleary, Zidlicky, Hagman and Leclaire (decent goalie in this game). However, the game says I also signed Garon and Theodore but they are nowhere to be found. Also claims I signed Hickey but he is still on LA's roster (along with my 2nd rounder that I gave up for allegedly signing him?...)

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 01-20-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Beardfish

Awesome, awesome, awesome job getting us swiftly through the playoffs and offseason, feels like just yesterday I was eliminated from contention

Game on!!!

Beardfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Souray44

will be on shortly

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:42 AM
bootsgaudet

Ok this 1 year limit on players, the reason I take issue with “banning one year deals altogether” is that its going to be impossible to build to your team, by signing a free agent, and keep it cap friendly.
Point being,
You may have an influx of salary in one season, were you can afford to pay someone big money, but that space needed to resign said person and others to resonable terms the next offseason.
With the way this game goes, any human gm, with a player in f.a many want, are going offer them money no doubt, but its also going to result in even mediocre players receiving big money (i.e filliupa is a good 2nd line centre and hes at 9.3 for two seasons.) Essentially, its going to be whoever bids the highest, to a 2 + year term , occupying that teams salary, and depending on who it is (as most teams will keep their best players , or we have what happened to Detriot and lose everyone) those players will be almost untradable after the mandatory 1 year no movement rule.

This game, although says it factors in intrest, wont account for a player signing with a contender hes only going to go where he’s paid the most money. I feel if you have the space, the one season, because its essentially whos going to pay the most money, get them, then sign them to resonable terms, close to their ask, without the inflation of the competiton… because in a league like this, in a few seasons, thiers going to be a lot of unafforable people on retarded contracts floating around.

I mean one possible solution to this all would be instituting a 1+ million max on their ask(avg’d as you increase years) , so that if all teams are wanting to bid, it would be for near the same money so that its equal oppourtinty and dosent create a whack of pepople with unmangable mulit year contracts.

I know some people didn’t give massiave over payments, but I see this type of thing transpring into an even bigger problem, and if you have good cap mangment where you can get an f.a one year, that may make someone else expendable on their roster, in which there is more tradeable material circulating.

I hope I make sense, its not self intrest, as I signed miller and santorelli two 3 year deals. But just my thought.

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
wokeupinaz
Valley of the Sun!

Send a message via MSN to wokeupinaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
Yes yes yes yes yes!

Wish the wings weren't gutted, we could keep the avs wings rivalry going ;-)
Well, I did my best with what $$$ I had. Signed old man Shane Doan, American Hero Rob Scuderi, and got a young goalie in Neuvirth.

wokeupinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:58 AM
Souray44

I'm currently in a bad spot with

I guess I was under the salary cap not having got a lot of the big name guys I wanted so they signed 55 overall defenseman for 6.5mil to get me there and sent Larsson down along with a few others who would be in my lineup. Can't call anyone up or down. When I try sending someone down it says i'd go under the cap. When I try to call someone up it says I already have 23 on my roster.

I have a few offers out for UFA's so i'm hoping it works out to be fixable next block.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
I'm currently in a bad spot with

I guess I was under the salary cap not having got a lot of the big name guys I wanted so they signed 55 overall defenseman for 6.5mil to get me there and sent Larsson down along with a few others who would be in my lineup. Can't call anyone up or down. When I try sending someone down it says i'd go under the cap. When I try to call someone up it says I already have 23 on my roster.

I have a few offers out for UFA's so i'm hoping it works out to be fixable next block.
If that doesn't work, I'll sign a UFA and trade him to you for the dude.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:07 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Did I lose a lot of RFAs?