HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: We'll Have A Gay Old Time

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Shockmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I give the Ravens a lot of credit. They showed tons of heart in that game.

Broncos have to be sick. Their safety really should have picked off that Flacco pass toward the end of regulation and Peyton choked in OT throwing that terrible pick. Not to mention John Fox and his incredibly conservative play calling toward the end of regulation. They were one 1st down away from winning and he calls three conservative running plays when he has Peyton Manning as his QB. WTF? I know Peyton choked in OT but you still should give a guy of that caliber a chance to clinch a game for you at the end.
Maybe Art Rooney II was calling the plays for Denver? He likes it when high-caliber QBs are dumbed down.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:52 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Other than Harbaugh being the head coach, I'm loving this San Fran team. Since the Steelers are out of it, I'll have to jump on the 49ers bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:00 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Nah, I don't want SF to tie us in super bowl wins.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
it's a better result than Baltimore or New England winning.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Houston or Seattle for me.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:12 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
I personally couldn't really care less about that.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:20 PM
AgentM

Watching the Niners offensive line is making me really hope for Chance Warmack in the first round. I miss our offensive line just crushing defenses in the second half.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Watching the Niners offensive line is making me really hope for Chance Warmack in the first round. I miss our offensive line just crushing defenses in the second half.
It helped having an offensive lineman running the ball too.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
It helped having an offensive lineman running the ball too.
I kept hearing how Dwyer was very similar to Bettis though...

I do agree that we could definitely upgrade a running back and wouldn't mind seeing us take one in the 2nd round if the value is there.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Muckr

If I want to send away for an autograph

is this the right address

(Player's Name)
Pittsburgh Penguins
1 Chatham Ctr, Ste 400
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-3447
USA

Old
01-13-2013, 08:03 AM
JTG

Seattle is the only choice, IMO.

Wouldn't mind Atlanta is it wasn't for the perpetual blow-j of "Matty Ice"

Old
01-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Seattle is the only choice, IMO.

Wouldn't mind Atlanta is it wasn't for the perpetual blow-j of "Matty Ice"
I prefer Atl, because I still remember the perpetual whining when the Steelers beat the Hawks.

But ya, Matty ice is a lot closer to Manningesque choking tendencies than having Montana ice water veins.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
If OSU can stop Trey Burke (arguable the best point guard in the nation) then maybe OSU can win. But, it's ridiculous how much scoring depth Michigan has this year.
No you're right, Michigan definitely has a great team this year. Watched them a few times and it seems they finally are for real, unlike in past years.

9ers salvage a garbage day.. Kaepernick is money.

Go home Rodgers!! Cry all the way home.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:44 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I prefer Atl, because I still remember the perpetual whining when the Steelers beat the Hawks.

But ya, Matty ice is a lot closer to Manningesque choking tendencies than having Montana ice water veins.
Up until a few years ago, I never realized fully why people hated Sidney Crosby. I mean, he's a good guy, he is the best hockey player in the world, and anyone who has ever played the game can certainly appreciate the things he can do on the ice, and he's not a cocky, brash, arrogant player. That was until I had the epiphany one day watching ESPN and they started talking about Matt Ryan and I just went, "Ugh" and turned the channel.

I stopped for a second and thought, this guy is a good player. He's smart, he's talented, he's not arrogant, and he helped turn a team around that desperately needed help. Why do I not like him? It was strictly because he's been shoved down my throat by the media, and I finally understood why 29 other hockey markets blindly hate Sidney Crosby. The media is why I blindly dislike Matt Ryan. The media backlash that would happen if he would win would be unbearable for me.

This really boils down to jealousy, as I know no matter how well my team ever does, they will never ever get the media attention of guys like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Eli Manning get.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:33 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Up until a few years ago, I never realized fully why people hated Sidney Crosby. I mean, he's a good guy, he is the best hockey player in the world, and anyone who has ever played the game can certainly appreciate the things he can do on the ice, and he's not a cocky, brash, arrogant player. That was until I had the epiphany one day watching ESPN and they started talking about Matt Ryan and I just went, "Ugh" and turned the channel.

I stopped for a second and thought, this guy is a good player. He's smart, he's talented, he's not arrogant, and he helped turn a team around that desperately needed help. Why do I not like him? It was strictly because he's been shoved down my throat by the media, and I finally understood why 29 other hockey markets blindly hate Sidney Crosby. The media is why I blindly dislike Matt Ryan. The media backlash that would happen if he would win would be unbearable for me.

This really boils down to jealousy, as I know no matter how well my team ever does, they will never ever get the media attention of guys like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Eli Manning get.
Unless Roethlisberger ***** another girl.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

The difference is Crosby lives up to the enormous hype, whereas Ryan is far from "Matty Ice" when the playoff bullets start to fly.

I'm hoping he gets his **** together this year, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Griffin6612

Ughh just saw yesterdays scores..... Im ok with the niners, but sick that Baltimore won. Im completely behind Houston, but highly doubt they will do anything.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Shockmaster

I think its more sickening to watch other teams WRs make big catches in big moments, while the Steelers WRs acted like they were hot **** but choked in the big moments.

Take the Ravens/Broncos game. Not all of the passes thrown in that game were perfect, but the WRs made adjustments to their routes to make a play. They jumped in the air, putting themselves at risk to make a play. When have the Steelers WRs done that? With the "Loose Change Crew" if it's not perfectly thrown then they won't even try to catch it.

Those guys need a huge dose of humble pie this off season, because right now they're nothing but punks.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin6612 View Post
Ughh just saw yesterdays scores..... Im ok with the niners, but sick that Baltimore won. Im completely behind Houston, but highly doubt they will do anything.
I care waaaay too much about who wins these games with the Steelers out of the playoffs My order of preference at this point is:

Rooting For:
Seattle - Love their defense, Marshawn Lynch, and Russell Wilson (I actually wanted us to draft his as a backup haha). Also I used to live in Washington State so I root for the Seattle teams to a degree.

Atlanta/Houston - Don't hate them

Rooting Against:
San Francisco - Hated them as a kid, hate the Harbaugh brothers, and don't want them to win a 6th Superbowl

Baltimore - Don't need to explain do I?

New England - Guess I don't need to explain this one either haha

Old
01-13-2013, 01:02 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Lets go Seattle! DO IT Wilson.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Matty Ice

Old
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I care waaaay too much about who wins these games with the Steelers out of the playoffs My order of preference at this point is:

Rooting For:
Seattle - Love their defense, Marshawn Lynch, and Russell Wilson (I actually wanted us to draft his as a backup haha). Also I used to live in Washington State so I root for the Seattle teams to a degree.

Atlanta/Houston - Don't hate them

Rooting Against:
San Francisco - Hated them as a kid, hate the Harbaugh brothers, and don't want them to win a 6th Superbowl

Baltimore - Don't need to explain do I?

New England - Guess I don't need to explain this one either haha
Bingo. The SF SB tally is sdly the biggest thing for me. I will root for (gag) Baltimore or (spew) New England in the SB if they're playing the Niners. I would prefer not to have to do that.

Old
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Bingo. The SF SB tally is sdly the biggest thing for me. I will root for (gag) Baltimore or (spew) New England in the SB if they're playing the Niners. I would prefer not to have to do that.
I definitely disagree. I don't want the Niners to win, but I'd take them over the Ravens or Pats

Old
01-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Robert Baratheon

3rd and 1 = Turbin
4th and 1 = FB

Yeah, don't even bother giving Lynch the ball.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
AgentM

Beautiful pass by Ryan. Atlanta is carving up the Seahawks D today.

Closed Thread