HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

2013 NHL TV Ratings

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Nicky Santoro

vCash: 500
tonight should be interesting in Boston.

Celtics vs NYK Gm 5 ... 7 pm

Leafs vs Bruins Gm 1... 7 pm

Who wins the rating in Boston tonight???

My prediction.

Bruins win 6.2 to 4.1.. who knows, i could be wrong.

Old
05-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post

My prediction.

In Canada? I'l go out on the limb and pick Leafs & Bruins
In Boston, it'll be NBA

Old
05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:

My prediction.

Bruins are easily going to win because they don't suck like the Celtics.

Old
05-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Fenway

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Bruins are easily going to win because they don't suck like the Celtics.
My guess

Red Sox #1
Bruins close #2
Celtics way behind

Old
05-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Nicky Santoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
My guess

Red Sox #1
Bruins close #2
Celtics way behind
omg... good call, Fenway.. i totally forgot about the redsox.. pls don't tell me that a meaningless reg season game vs the jays will beat the bruins???

my prediction.

1- Bruins 5.2
2- Red Sox 4.3
3- Celtics 3.7

Old
05-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Jonas1235

my prediction, Bruins will get a 10 rating if the game is close.

Old
05-01-2013, 10:06 PM
joelef

ESPN must be angry with the NHL for growing there league without the almighty mothership.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkals View Post
Holy crap, Phoenix has more fans than Colorado

Old
05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Greyhounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Move the Avs back to Quebec.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Nicky Santoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhounds View Post
Move the Avs back to Quebec.
i can assure you if they did move back to QUEBEC, they'd beat the pens in tv ratings. i can see them getting 15.4. they are hockey crazy in that province. i wish they had tv ratings back in the 80's cause i am sure that when MTL played QUE back then, they probably got numbers like 36,3, and playoffs, probably 63.2. it would not shock me. it breaks my heart to see AVS getting under 1.0.. what a waste.

and speaking of the pens 12.56 this yr. that was without SID for a long time and most of the stars were injured. so imagine had SID never been hurt nor the other stars?? i am sure it would've made the rating even better.. maybe the 12.56 would have been 14.21.. who knows? I'm sure it would have been better cause i know alot of ppl tune in just to see SID cause he's so fun to watch.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:14 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Look where Colorado finished in the standings............

Old
05-02-2013, 10:19 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
i can assure you if they did move back to QUEBEC, they'd beat the pens in tv ratings. i can see them getting 15.4. they are hockey crazy in that province. i wish they had tv ratings back in the 80's cause i am sure that when MTL played QUE back then, they probably got numbers like 36,3, and playoffs, probably 63.2. it would not shock me. it breaks my heart to see AVS getting under 1.0.. what a waste.

Once again, Nicky, you should how clueless you are to perspective. This team missed the playoffs by 16 POINTS!!! The fans not watching isn't the issue, it's the product on the ice that is...

Old
05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Nicky Santoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post

Once again, Nicky, you should how clueless you are to perspective. This team missed the playoffs by 16 POINTS!!! The fans not watching isn't the issue, it's the product on the ice that is...
IU buddy.... if this team played this yr with this bad record in QUEBEC, they still would've got 10.0+.. and if COL would've had a great team, they probably would've got 4.0 approx.. if QUE had a great yr, their avg is 15.0+. i don't think you realize how hockey crazy these french canadians are. picture what the NFL is to americans and multiply that by 4.. It's all they know in Quebec City. From the moment they're born, it's all they ever saw in their lives. COL cannot compare to Quebec City..

Old
05-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Look where Colorado finished in the standings............
I realize, I am an Avs fan after all. I suffered through 48 games. But it's still bad, considering we used to have the longest sell out streak in sports and had ratings so high we were a staple on national television.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:44 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
IU buddy.... if this team played this yr with this bad record in QUEBEC, they still would've got 10.0+.. and if COL would've had a great team, they probably would've got 4.0 approx.. if QUE had a great yr, their avg is 15.0+. i don't think you realize how hockey crazy these french canadians are. picture what the NFL is to americans and multiply that by 4.. It's all they know in Quebec City. From the moment they're born, it's all they ever saw in their lives. COL cannot compare to Quebec City..
You're trying to tell me that I don't realize how big Canadians are into hockey...that's you're whole argument. Okay then...

Look, ratings aren't everything. You puy WAAAAY too much focus into them. A 10 in QC isn't the same as a 10 in Denver. It's impossible to compare these markets, the Denver area is 5 TIMES BIGGER.

Old
05-02-2013, 10:47 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
I realize, I am an Avs fan after all. I suffered through 48 games. But it's still bad, considering we used to have the longest sell out streak in sports and had ratings so high we were a staple on national television.
It's nothing to be ashamed up. People don't want to watch terrible teams, simple as that. It goes for EVERY sport.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:22 AM
ebox99

http://www.shermanreport.com/home-tv...ring-playoffs/

Game 1 of the Blackhawks-Minnesota series averaged 280,000 viewers on Comcast Sports Net Chicago Tuesday, with a peak of 418,000 during overtime. Those ratings figure to go up dramatically during the playoffs.

In addition, Comcast SportsNet’s record-setting 5.38 Blackhawks regular season household average in the Chicago market this year is a 94% increase from the final season average two years ago (2.78) — a 121% increase from the final season average three years ago (2.44) — a 327% increase from the final season average four years ago (1.26) — and an astounding 754% increase from just five years ago (0.63). Source for all ratings information is provided by Nielsen Media Research.

Old
05-02-2013, 11:33 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Dude if the Broncos went through what the Avs had to go through (2-4 years of rebuilding), they would've lost viewers and ratings as well.

As you noted, we saw what Avs fans and the city of Denver can do, Avs just gotta start winning again.

Quote:
I think you're too young to realize that Avs set one of longest streak of sellouts in the four major sports and the longest in hockey. Stop looking at the present with a biased view, as I can say that the Habs in the early 2000s could be moved to Quebec City and their ratings would've been through the roof

Last edited by S E P H: 05-02-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old
05-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Dude if the Broncos went through what the Avs had to go through (2-4 years of rebuilding), they would've lost viewers and ratings as well.

As you noted, we saw what Avs fans and the city of Denver can do, Avs just gotta start winning again.

I realize that the loss of popularity is more of an indictment on the on-ice performance and the front office. But you can't deny that it goes to show that our fan base was mostly a bandwagon. But I guess you can say the same for every American team. Maybe Buffalo gets a pass, it seems like they've been pretty well supported even when they suck. It will be interesting to see what will happen to teams like Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Boston when/if they ever consistently perform poorly. Prior to their current era of success, all of those teams (minus Philly, because I can't remember a time when they were regularly bad) I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Washington were to have the same drop off as the Avs.

Old
05-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Greyhounds

Quote:
I realize that the loss of popularity is more of an indictment on the on-ice performance and the front office. But you can't deny that it goes to show that our fan base was mostly a bandwagon. But I guess you can say the same for every American team. Maybe Buffalo gets a pass, it seems like they've been pretty well supported even when they suck. It will be interesting to see what will happen to teams like Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Boston when/if they ever consistently perform poorly. Prior to their current era of success, all of those teams (minus Philly, because I can't remember a time when they were regularly bad) I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Washington were to have the same drop off as the Avs.
Yup, every team will have a drop-off in prolonged dry spells. Pens had it. Bruins had it. Hawks had it. It may not be as noticeable in some markets due to pent up demand or large corporate support, but it happens. Even Toronto was starting to see some empty seats, some of which were even unpaid for.

Looking forward to Avs improving. They've been one of my favorites for a long time...their entire existence actually

Old
05-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Say No to Oshie

Heard this on the 98.5 Sportshub Radio Station, one of you guys can confirm if you want, but I know it's accurate:

Bruins: 9.5
Celtics: 5.5 (combined TNT and CSN-NE rating)
Red Sox: 4.5

Old
05-02-2013, 03:03 PM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Boston Ratings last night

Per felger and mazz

Boston Bruins 9.5
Boston Celtics 5.5
Boston Red Sox 4.5

Old
05-02-2013, 03:09 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post

Per felger and mazz

Boston Bruins 9.5
Boston Celtics 5.5
Boston Red Sox 4.5
Someone needs to send these rating to New England based ESPN and maybe they may actually consider the NHL important enough to have employees cover it instead of 24 hour NBA round-the-clock slobberfest.

Old
05-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Nicky Santoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post

Per felger and mazz

Boston Bruins 9.5
Boston Celtics 5.5
Boston Red Sox 4.5
i swear to you, this brings a tear to my eye. i am so happy to see how big the bruins have gotten in BOSTON. Celts were dominating over NYK and b's doubled them in ratings.. and this was not gm 7, it was gm 1 for christ sakes. and if you were to tell me 5 yrs ago that the bruins would more than double the sox in tv ratings, i'd have thought you were crazy. and can you imagine if instead of TOR, it was their fav rivals, the habs.. that 9.5 would've been 12.3.

Old
05-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Nicky Santoro

i pray to god someone in this forum posts tomorrow the local NY rating of this NYR game..

tonight.... NO NYY... NO METS... NO NYK...

just the NYR game in NY tonight..oh wait a sec.. will the BKLYN nba game hurt the NYR rating?? i hope not..

I am hoping for at least a 5.0 in ny?? i hope i am not way off.

Closed Thread