Old
02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
12:03
Basically I guess waivers is for guys you may pick up that you didn't want to give a 7th round draft pick for...

Bruins should offer the 30th place team a 7th to pick up Kassian...he can meet the team in Buffalo and kick the **** out of Scott.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Fire Sweeney

I think I'll cheer for the habs next time they play Buffalo. They haven't had a player with balls since the Dave Manson and Scott Thornton days.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:15 AM
NeelyFan08

Darren Dreger ✔ @DarrenDreger

Kassian cleared Waivers.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelyFan08 View Post

Kassian cleared Waivers.
What, no Montreal?

Old
02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelyFan08 View Post

Kassian cleared Waivers.
Damn, Habs missed a golden chance to beat up mcLaren and Orr next game!

Old
02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What, no Montreal?
They should have replaced that Armstrong stiff with this stiff... Opportunity lost!

Old
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Shaun

Dreger said on NHL insider that Iginla has a list of 10 or fewer teams that he'd ok a trade to if Calgary asked and people around him feel like this is the year he gets traded.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Dreger said on NHL insider that Iginla has a list of 10 or fewer teams that he'd ok a trade to if Calgary asked and people around him feel like this is the year he gets traded.
Really!?!?!?!?!?!?!? but OMG, what about the culture of the Flames and all that stuff?

Old
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
I actually think this is terrible news. Boston's best bet was that the list was about 3. 10 teams = huge bidding war that PC isn't getting himself in, and another contender is going to have Iginla to help them out, possibly an Eastern contender. Rather he stay in Calgary if his list is that sized (I get that there's an or fewer there, but 5-10 teams still equals way too much competition for his services).

Old
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I actually think this is terrible news. Boston's best bet was that the list was about 3. 10 teams = huge bidding war that PC isn't getting himself in, and another contender is going to have Iginla to help them out, possibly an Eastern contender. Rather he stay in Calgary if his list is that sized (I get that there's an or fewer there, but 5-10 teams still equals way too much competition for his services).
Well.. of those 10 (or fewer) teams.. those teams would have to want him. And by that I mean, willing to trade away assets for what may just be a rental.
Then, if they are a willing team, they'd have to have decent prospects
Then of course they'd have to have the cap space

So even of that list of however many teams, it still gets whittled down a bit.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:44 PM
bp13

I'm putting my name on the list for not wanting Iginla. I want a potential top 4 dman with some skill. I think that's the second biggest issue with our power play (coaching being #1), and I'm plenty happy with our forwards. This team is stacked, and any "weakness" lies in the skill level/speed of the blueline.

And before anyone suggests I don't like the guy, I'm simply not in favor of giving up anywhere close to what it'll take to get Iginla.

I disagree. I don't see a Dman as the reason for a weak PP. Don't get me wrong there are extremely mobile DMen who move the puck on the PP but certain forwards can do that and take up that role.
What we really need is, and I'm sorry I must say this because I know we talk about it sometimes ad nauseum is PP QB regardless of position.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:53 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
As usual, great post.

Bad news indeed...

#1, Spooner, PLUS is what the price will be with ten teams in it.... No thanks.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Shaun

I doubt we get anything more than a 3rd line replacement at the deadline.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:16 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
I doubt we get anything more than a 3rd line replacement at the deadline.
depending on who we get that's fine with me

Old
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Montecristo

Now my clammoring for Milan hejduk might be a bit more relevant. He won't have iginlas price tag, he will improve the 3rd line and pp and brings veteran leadership. He's on the decline but if he's on a contender who knows? He might just muster up 3-4 more months of past performance. He was a perennial 40 goal scorer in the league at one time, playing in Sakic and forsbergs shadow

Old
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
depending on who we get that's fine with me
Agreed. More consistent offense from the 3rd line is all Boston needs to win another Cup. Krejci and Marchand aren't going to be able to bail them out every single night.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Agreed. More consistent offense from the 3rd line is all Boston needs to win another Cup. Krejci and Marchand aren't going to be able to bail them out every single night.
yep, that third line gets an upgrade and becomes a threat to score and everyone else playing to their potential is all we need. i wouldn't pick against them.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:07 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Really!?!?!?!?!?!?!? but OMG, what about the culture of the Flames and all that stuff?
That will show up in the players returned in the deal. I think the asking price and return is going to be more than what most here expect, just like most returns are on deadline day.

Pittsburgh's stable of prospects will allow them to cut ties with a lot more of a return for Calgary than what Boston will be able to offer for several reasons. First reason is that our prospects don't carry much value. Second reason is, the higher tier prospects will be counted on to make the team next year in order to be cap compliant. Most guys in Providence are barely AHL quality, nevermind being able to meet Claude's expectations of how an NHL player should play the game. If Spooner and possibly Khoklachev, Knight, and Svedberg are to be counted on to make the jump next year, that leaves very little in terms of talent to be able to trade this year.

Pittsburgh on the other hand... Won't be effected one bit by losing two of their top prospects in a trade for Iginla (because most of them are defensemen).

Old
02-15-2013, 11:56 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
That will show up in the players returned in the deal. I think the asking price and return is going to be more than what most here expect, just like most returns are on deadline day.

Pittsburgh's stable of prospects will allow them to cut ties with a lot more of a return for Calgary than what Boston will be able to offer for several reasons. First reason is that our prospects don't carry much value. Second reason is, the higher tier prospects will be counted on to make the team next year in order to be cap compliant. Most guys in Providence are barely AHL quality, nevermind being able to meet Claude's expectations of how an NHL player should play the game. If Spooner and possibly Khoklachev, Knight, and Svedberg are to be counted on to make the jump next year, that leaves very little in terms of talent to be able to trade this year.

Pittsburgh on the other hand... Won't be effected one bit by losing two of their top prospects in a trade for Iginla (because most of them are defensemen).
I disagree. I actually think the return on rentals, no matter the name, is always significantly less than people predict (Kaberle being an exception.) Hossa, Kovalchuk; those types of packages ended up being pretty minimal in the long run.
And you can't get more than what Flames fans are expecting on the main board. They think they could get Hamilton +, hahaha. They're not getting anybody 1/2 as good & they'd be lucky to get anybody 1/4 as good as Dougie in return for a 35 year-old rental, no matter how great he is.

Solid roster player, good, but not bluechip, prospect, late 1st round pick along with some sweetener if player re-signs with team he's traded to.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I disagree. I actually think the return on rentals, no matter the name, is always significantly less than people predict (Kaberle being an exception.) Hossa, Kovalchuk; those types of packages ended up being pretty minimal in the long run.
And you can't get more than what Flames fans are expecting on the main board. They think they could get Hamilton +, hahaha. They're not getting anybody 1/2 as good & they'd be lucky to get anybody 1/4 as good as Dougie in return for a 35 year-old rental, no matter how great he is.

Solid roster player, good, but not bluechip, prospect, late 1st round pick along with some sweetener if player re-signs with team he's traded to.

Even then, a garbage prospect, 30th overall pick and a late 2nd rounder isn't exactly a great haul.

If that's what they have to give up for Iginla, then count me in.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:33 PM
dup7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post

Bang on. Liviathan is a little over confident in his opinion on the perceived return for Iginla.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Pastafarian!

I like Iggy, but not at 35 years old and 7 mil.

I'd prefer Morrow at 4 mil, but I know nothing of his availability.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post

I disagree with the first half of your statement... And then agree with the other half. If I cut the Pens out of the discussion.

I don't think that the return on Iginla for the final 15 games of his contract with the Flames will be all that much.

But I DO think that Chiarelli is looking to hold on to assets that may potentially be a part of the deal to Calgary for cap purposes next season. And that may take him out of the running.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:52 PM
C77

I like all the Bruins players and I don't tend to express a lot of trade ideas....but I'd lean toward trying to acquire an offensive defenseman as opposed to Iginla. I think that would be the best way to try to increase the number of high-quality scoring opportunities the Bruins get. I think the Bruins do a pretty good job of scoring when they get the chance but that on the whole they don't generate a lot of chances in the dangerous areas.

Also I think that Rolston did a good job for what he was brought in to do....I'd like to see a big-body on the 3rd line. Too bad Caron hasn't played well enough to earn that job....It could have/should have etc. been his. Outside of Lucic and Horton the Bruins don't have any forwards with good size that could actually play meaningful minutes.

Closed Thread