HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
  #726
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Giroux for Seguin, Subban and a #1.

Seguin and Subban for Simmonds and Voracek.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
  #727
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 20,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Jeff Carter for Tim Thomas?


Shaun is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:39 PM
  #728
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I believe Chiarelli tried to acquire Wayne Simmonds once before.

The B's also had Matt Read in for camp a few times before he signed with the Flyers (though I don't know if that was under PC's watch or MOC's).

Personally, I've always thought Jakub Voracek would be a great fit for Krejci's RW. Voracek is big, fast, and a left-handed right wing (like Satan and Fleischmann, who Krejci played well with at different times) and I'm convinced the PP needs a skilled lefty to open up some cross-ice options.
Bill I'm going to use your post to push my agenda again:

I remain 100% convinced that the issue with our power play is the point men. There is way too much talent up front to have that be the issue. They need d-men who can move around and get the box moving as well as shoot the puck.

bp13 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
  #729
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Giroux for Seguin, Subban and a #1.

Seguin and Subban for Simmonds and Voracek.
All over that first one.

You're kidding with the second one though right?

bp13 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
  #730
Actp
CN6 but Accentuate p
 
Actp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
I have to agree with Haggerty that Fedetenko seems like a logical choice for one of our Providence d.

Actp is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
  #731
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
can someone paste or summarize that cnnse link? I can't view it at work.

RussellmaniaKW is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
  #732
Kitchener Boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Ryan Spooner a fast scoring center for 870,000 if he makes the team.
Chris Kelly 3 million slow not producing.
And there are cap problems coming next year.

Kitchener Boy is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
  #733
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 12,265
vCash: 500
Boychuck always struck me as a flyer type defenseman

JMiller is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:18 PM
  #734
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Boychuck always struck me as a flyer type defenseman
As does McQuaid.

I like Wayne Simmonds okay enough, but a 15-20 goal scoring right-shooting right-winger is not at the top of my wish list.

Of course he did get 28 last year and already has 6 this year....

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:29 PM
  #735
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,731
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Not that it would ever happen.. but acquiring Simmonds and letting Horton walk would be a solid move. Got to focus in on those guys who are controlled for multiple years,

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
  #736
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,347
vCash: 500
Tye McGinn, please.

VeddarRants is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
  #737
flannelman
goodbye.
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Tye McGinn, please.
what's your take on him? I don't know squat about him.

flannelman is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
  #738
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
All over that first one.

You're kidding with the second one though right?
No way... I'll take a 25-30 goal, and 20-25 goal power wingers over Seguin and his 35-40 (projected) any day of the week...

Simmonds had one less goal then Seguin last season and plays a far more complete game although Tyler is flashier and a better play maker/goal scorer.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
  #739
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
As does McQuaid.

I like Wayne Simmonds okay enough, but a 15-20 goal scoring right-shooting right-winger is not at the top of my wish list.

Of course he did get 28 last year and already has 6 this year....
Not fair. He had 29 last year and one pace for 30 in a full season this year... He's nowhere near as pretty as Seguin on the ice, but just as if not more then effective.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  #740
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
bruinsfan46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No way... I'll take a 25-30 goal, and 20-25 goal power wingers over Seguin and his 35-40 (projected) any day of the week...

Simmonds had one less goal then Seguin last season and plays a far more complete game although Tyler is flashier and a better play maker/goal scorer.
Simmonds hits a good amount (would be fifth on the Bruins last year) but is not known as some defensive genius so I think "far more complete game" is a huge stretch as offensively he lacks playmaking abilities. Voracek and Simmonds seem like really good second liners to me, with the Bruins already having Marchand and Lucic I wouldn't want to trade the quality of Seguin for the quantity of the two of them.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
  #741
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Not fair. He had 29 last year and one pace for 30 in a full season this year... He's nowhere near as pretty as Seguin on the ice, but just as if not more then effective.
Hey I'd trade Seguin for the right deal, but the Voracek piece of that doesn't interest me. I don't trade Seguin unless I'm getting a d-man with top pairing potential or a bona fide star forward now. There's too much upside. Obviously my willingness to trade him indicates my feeling he'll never reach it, but he certainly might. I think in your deal you're giving up two potentially dominant players for two known producers. I think the Bruins can afford to buy the latter when they have the need and should keep the lottery ticket talents like Seguin since they can.

bp13 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
  #742
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Not fair. He had 29 last year and one pace for 30 in a full season this year... He's nowhere near as pretty as Seguin on the ice, but just as if not more then effective.
Which is pretty much what the very next line of my post said.

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
  #743
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Simmonds hits a good amount (would be fifth on the Bruins last year) but is not known as some defensive genius so I think "far more complete game" is a huge stretch as offensively he lacks playmaking abilities. Voracek and Simmonds seem like really good second liners to me, with the Bruins already having Marchand and Lucic I wouldn't want to trade the quality of Seguin for the quantity of the two of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Hey I'd trade Seguin for the right deal, but the Voracek piece of that doesn't interest me. I don't trade Seguin unless I'm getting a d-man with top pairing potential or a bona fide star forward now. There's too much upside. Obviously my willingness to trade him indicates my feeling he'll never reach it, but he certainly might. I think in your deal you're giving up two potentially dominant players for two known producers. I think the Bruins can afford to buy the latter when they have the need and should keep the lottery ticket talents like Seguin since they can.
Fair enough... I really like Seguin, but I tend to go for the "grittier" types, even if they aren't as skilled. Voracek is a decent playmaker ...underrated..not sure of his top end goal scoring though...I would think 25 max. Simmonds is indeed "Lucic-sih" and has to really work hard to succeed and score...his style could lend itself to lots of injuries diown the road...

WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
  #744
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Giroux for Seguin, Subban and a #1.

Seguin and Subban for Simmonds and Voracek.
First one I do but Philly doesn't.

Second one I don't.

Jack Donaghy is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
  #745
nfld77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
All over that first one.

You're kidding with the second one though right?



All over the 1st one??? Sorry but totally disagree. Am I overrating Seguin or are you underrating him?? AND Subban too????

nfld77 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  #746
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
All over the 1st one??? Sorry but totally disagree. Am I overrating Seguin or are you underrating him?? AND Subban too????
Youre underrating Giroux

BrainOfJ is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
  #747
nfld77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
All over the 1st one??? Sorry but totally disagree. Am I overrating Seguin or are you underrating him?? AND Subban and a 1st!!!...No way in my books.

Seguin has Franchise player potential yet you give him very little value when throwing in Subban and a 1st rd pick..

nfld77 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
  #748
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Tye McGinn, please.
i like the way you think

PJ StockBB is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
  #749
WBC8
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Da Wood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 34,476
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Seguin has Franchise player potential yet you give him very little value when throwing in Subban and a 1st rd pick..
Giroux is a top 5 player in the league. He's 25 years old. Already scored 93 pts in a season. His all around game is top notch.

Seguin will one day hopefully turn into a Claude Giroux. Subban...who knows, but Rask and Svedberg could be a long term duo... 1st rd pick in the late 20's...

I honestly think the Flyers would demand even more.


Last edited by WBC8: 02-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
WBC8 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
  #750
DOGSTARMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Seguin has Franchise player potential yet you give him very little value when throwing in Subban and a 1st rd pick..
which is not yet fully realized. and that's okay given his age and experience level, but it is fair to debate how his story might play out and to consider the best course for the Bruins long term. It is not a certainty Seguin will be a first line, all-star caliber player for the next 10 years, just like it's not fair to assert with certainty that he won't be. maybe, maybe not

DOGSTARMAN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.