HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Rumours of a three way deal between Flyers, Leafs and Canucks.
Correction - it's two separate rumours.

1) Rumour of Flyers wanting Luongo

2) Rumour of a 3rd team being involved to send Lu to TO

Old
01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
The leafs wont be winning the cup anytime soon with or without a good goaltender. And certainly a lot longer without a good goaltender.

Gardiner is one year in the NHL. Hardly what i call "core", as in untradable core.
Of course, context is everything. I said a "core piece of the future." Kinda like #5 overall pick Morgan Rielly.

Much different perception, isn't it?

Old
01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
then take timonen and a prospect like cousins for edler
no thanks

If we are trading Edler, it won't be as a rental and IMHO we will just hang onto him and sign him in th offseason. We have plenty of options cap wise worked out on the Canucks board and IF we decide to trade Edler, it will be to a team that will resign him and it will be for full value. Timonen is 37 (I think) and although I like Cousins, he is not worth Edler and adding a D man on his las legs won't make up the difference

Old
Reign Nateo

Looking at the Leafs' roster, aren't they more suited to win now? Most of their team is prime aged and outside of Reilly I don't see any impact prospects coming down the pipeline... What exactly is the plan in Toronto??

Old
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
We need a center but unless we are getting one from Philly (for a D?) somehow I don't think we are going to get one in a Lou deal. We need liquid assets or players that make it possible to trade what we have in those depth areas. JVR is a player I'd like the Canucks to have...but you are right....it's a very bad fit.
Thats why i think Luo to Philly is all smoke and mirrors.

A package from TO involving Bozak, or Kadri, makes alot more sense for both teams.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Lol

Edmontons ballyhooed as an example of rebuilding?

That ballyhooing may occur when they actually do something. Until then you (the royal you)can say theyve stocked the cupboard. Aint much cookin going on though.

And check the Quebec Nordiques for rebuilding. Lol
Or Pittsburgh. Or Chicago. Oh, wait.....

Old
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post

A package from TO involving Bozak, or Kadri, makes alot more sense for both teams.
Agree 100%

Old
01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
StringerBell

Quote:

Bozak AND Kadri doesn't make a lot of sense for Vancouver, let alone Bozak OR Kadri.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Looking at the Leafs' roster, aren't they more suited to win now? Most of their team is prime aged and outside of Reilly I don't see any impact prospects coming down the pipeline... What exactly is the plan in Toronto??
A guy like Luongo in net for T.O. would certainly give them a different look.

Old
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Bryz still isn't a mistake. He was extremely solid good the second half, he just went through a bumpy adjustment period.
Bumpy adjustment, bumpy playoffs, guys a headcase that for sure.

Maybe he can turn it around this year.

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
No thanks from TO. JVR has a unique skill set with great size and is ready to get the minutes he deserved. Looked great last season with philly, while healthy. If he left for an aged Luo id be pissed. Then again it would basically be trading L.Shenn for Luo (from TO perspective) which is a pretty sweet deal.

But i thought VAN wanted a 3rd line center? not another body to add to thier log jam of top 6 wingers. (at least to my understanding of Van's needs, correct me if im wrong)
I wasn't suggesting we'd move JVR now, but the rumour was Burke offered Schenn for Luongo. Schenn didn't fit for Van, but JVR did. It could have worked at that time.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
then take timonen and a prospect like cousins for edler
Why would we? Edler is the better player and Cousins does nothing for us in maintaining the "win now philosophy." Good prospect but not for a team intending to run deep in the playoffs. If Edler is dealt, it will be to fill a need. Not saying the Flyers necessarily should make the move or that they will. Just that is what I suspect Gillis' demands.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Oh please go to Philly. That would be so much fun to watch if he fails, and yet Im oddly intrigued by the idea. I think he is light years better than Bryz.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Bozak AND Kadri doesn't make a lot of sense for Vancouver, let alone Bozak OR Kadri.
Bozak, Kadri and a pick (2nd?) makes a ton of sense for us. Bozak can play 3C and 2C when Kesler is out (unless we trust Schroeder, Ebbett or a guy like Arnott ). Kadri is a solid prospect who is very versatile and could fit into our system well.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Schneider has been excellent at every level he's played, it's not much of a concern for Canucks' fans.
It wasn't a knock on Schnieder at all. Kid looks great. I'd say the same about Boston right now, both Rask and Schnieder are going to be feeling a whole new kind of pressure. Reimer is in the same boat, only difference is team/fan expectations.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
My point is by the time these kids mature and start having a major impact (we hope), Lu will be in the final years of his career, as most Canuck fans will agree.
Most likely, but I wouldn't necessarily count on him being washed up. Tampa went to the conference finals on the back of a 78 year old Dwayne Roloson and were within a goal of progressing to the cup finals. Belfour won his cup in his late 30's. Like defensemen, goaltenders tend to age pretty gracefully. Even the greybeards can play at an extremely high level, although you might not want to give them 75 games a year.

The only real concern with Luongo is the miles. He's been an NHL starting goaltender playing heavy starts since he was a teenager, and he saw a lot of rubber and a lot of long nights in Florida. Given he plays a very athletic/reflex style, I wouldn't be shocked if his body broke down sooner than some of his contemporaries. But that's just speculation. I've speculated about the imminent decline of other aging players, and almost without exception my expectations for them are foiled. Selanne in particular keeps defying my predictions, that jerk.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
My guesses: TOR, OTT, WIN, CHI, SJ, FLA, PHI, EDM, PHX
Does Loungo play defence?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
It wasn't a knock on Schnieder at all. Kid looks great. I'd say the same about Boston right now, both Rask and Schnieder are going to be feeling a whole new kind of pressure. Reimer is in the same boat, only difference is team/fan expectations.
I would be lying if I said it wasn't in the back of my mind, but Schneider has been groomed for this oppertunity, under the mentorship of Luongo and so far he has proven that he is capable at preforming at an NHL level. It's a risk, but a smart one imo for this team.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Sure it does, Kadri plays wing. Bozak can play the 3C position.

Old
Anth93

I would absolutely welcome Luongo.. But the truth is there is absolutely no possibility of a Gardiner/Rielly/1st rounder being included. Impossible.

Toronto fans would riot for weeks.

Kadri + Bozak? Count me in.

Old
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
Again, math is hard, but if you look at his best seasons he was around .930 and most fans consider every other season in his career to be an off year. His worst save percentage outside of his rookie year was .913, so maybe I should have said .917 instead of .920, that was his percentage in what most Canuck fans consider his worst season here.

Sorry about the .003, it won't happen again
... he's had two seasons near 0.930 (2003-2004 with .931 and 2010-2011 with 0.928... his next highest is 0.921).

So going by what your definition... he's had two "on seasons" and 10 "off seasons" in his career? And only one "on season" while playing for Vancouver? And you want people to trade for this guy who's only on his game 1 year in every 6? At least going by your definition?

He's a good goalie. Just don't skew things. And yea, try and minimilize it by sarcastically saying "Sorry about the 0.003", but it doesn't change the fact that you literally labelled an "offseason" as something that's above his career average... trying to imply that he typically does much better than that, which is obviously not the case.

And more likely than you "trying to imply" is that you simply didn't look it up and just made up some numbers. But either way, if you're just randomly making up numbers for your argument, or purposefully lying to skew things, you should expect to be called out for it, because both are examples of extremely poor arguments, especially when you're riding your high horse of telling people to get a reality check.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
I would absolutely welcome Luongo.. But the truth is there is absolutely no possibility of a Gardiner/Rielly/1st rounder being included. Impossible.

Toronto fans would riot for weeks.

Kadri + Bozak? Count me in.
All I want is a 2nd rounder as well, we really are not that far off

Old
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Obviously not 1 for 1. Im sure picks and prospects/another roster player will be involved. Just saying these are the players Van would be looking to aquire.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Obviously not 1 for 1. Im sure picks and prospects/another roster player will be involved. Just saying these are the players Van would be looking to aquire.
Just checking. Can never be too sure with Leafs fans' proposals

Yes, I know Canucks fans can be just as bad.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
All I want is a 2nd rounder as well, we really are not that far off
All i want is for the Canucks to carry some cap. So, Kadri,Bozak and a 2nd for Luongo and Van carries some cap OR drop the 2nd and we take the cap.

Closed Thread