HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Gotta love how Canucks fans are trying to sell to Leafs fans why they need Roberto Luongo.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
It wasn't a knock on Schnieder at all. Kid looks great. I'd say the same about Boston right now, both Rask and Schnieder are going to be feeling a whole new kind of pressure. Reimer is in the same boat, only difference is team/fan expectations.
Sorry but Schneider>>>>Rask

Old
01-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
All I want is a 2nd rounder as well, we really are not that far off
That could be a deal breaker though.. Leafs have nothing in terms of forward prospects, they want 2nd rounders.

Once there's 3+ pieces of value being included, I'd rather just go with Reimer and patiently wait for a top 3 pick to come our way.

Old
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Take out three of those '>' signs and you could make an argument. They're both very close in ability and potential.

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Again, i'm not comparing players, just situations. Both Schnieder and Rask are facing their 1st full season as #1G on teams who expect to win.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:14 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Gotta love how Canucks fans are trying to sell to Leafs fans why they need Roberto Luongo.
Is it really necessary? There is a reason why Luongo is rumoured to go to Toronto...

Old
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
You are not getting a 1st/2nd line NHLer right now for Edler as an impending UFA. Potential prospect who has that upside yes, but not one that is slated to play next to Giroux and Harts on our top line.
He is still under contract for this season. You are not getting a 1st pairing, 50 point defenceman with size for scraps.

If Edler is involved it's gotta be Voracek, Philly fans are kidding themselves if they think Gillis is giving up Edler for picks/prospects and Grossman. Vancouver, like Philly, is in win now mode. You guys lost out on Weber because you were being cheap (from a trade perspective) - don't lose out on Edler for the same reason.

Last edited by Diamonddog01: 01-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old
StringerBell

Quote:
We both know the selling goes both ways. Canucks fans have endured almost a year of opposing fans selling us on why Luongo has no value and we should accept a cap dump + mid/late pick for him. It's been ugly all around.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
What would you offer, or rather, if you were Gillis, what would you accept? Curious, as I am all for a reasonable deal, provided it helps us win.
Well I'm no expert but were I Gillis, I would focus less on filling every hole and less on expecting futures (like Gardiner+) because I don't think its practical.

I would focus on a single piece being a 2nd line center to fill in for Kesler and compliment him afterwards as the #3 (so ideally has defensive acumen), or if Higgins can fill in at center temporarily and Schroeder is ready for action or a stop gap is acquired, a 2nd line winger.

For specifics, I would take a Nikolai Kulemin type (I know people aren't high on him, bias probably showing through here) if available. Kadri (potential immediate impact with more impact in the future) and Bozak (stop gap) might make a bit of sense as well for Vancouver (not sure on Toronto personnel wise) but I would look for someone a little more established if I had the choice.

Its not shiny and its not what Canuck fans are hoping for but to me the immediate benefits of the traded for individual plus the soon to be benefit of cap space while avoiding the PR nightmare that seems to be in the making makes it a good trade. Anything past that is gravy IMO.

Gillis is likely faced with a very difficult decision shortly. He may opt to keep Lu and gamble on a higher return vs. a lower one in the future and it may pay off. Guess we'll see.

On the other hand, maybe Nonis folds and gives in. Which would throw the team direction into question even more than when Burke was here and I'll be an extremely confused Leaf fan.

Man its tough to say what I'd do with so many varying opinions on value and what is being made available.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
crazycanuck

Quote:
All i want is for the Canucks to carry some cap. So, Kadri,Bozak and a 2nd for Luongo and Van carries some cap OR drop the 2nd and we take the cap.
5.3M starting goalie is fine. Asking for the Canucks carry some of that cap will cost the Leafs more.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Yes, I find that hilarious as well. It's like a door to door salesman, and then when you say no not interested they start saying how they would never accept the lowly offer you never made...

Quote:
Again, i'm not comparing players, just situations. Both Schnieder and Rask are facing their 1st full season as #1G on teams who expect to win.

Rask did steal the starting job from Thomas a few years ago to be fair, played 45 games and had a 0.931 save %. But it is hard to compare the two. Both have shown some very good play for limited and semi-long stretches. Both are young(ish). I'd love to have either one.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
On the other hand, maybe Nonis folds and gives in. Which would throw the team direction into question even more than when Burke was here and I'll be an extremely confused Leaf fan.
It won't happen. Use your brain and try and think up a scenario where Nonis stands up on the podium saying goodbye to Gardiner/Rielly/1st rounder.

It's literally unfathomable.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Bozak AND Kadri doesn't make a lot of sense for Vancouver, let alone Bozak OR Kadri.
Isn't this a Luongo to Philly thread?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:17 AM
crazycanuck

I don't know why people would count out the Flyers, Crazy Uncle Paul will find a way to make it happen.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Holy Mackinaw

I am no Damien Cox fan, but I just saw this and it is exactly how I feel, on the Leafs, the joke of a franchise they are, where they are headed and Luongo all rolled up into one. It all ties in together, so no one really knows what the hell is happening.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...cked-class-cox

Old
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
5.3M starting goalie is fine. Asking for the Canucks carry some of that cap will cost the Leafs more.
Yup, that's why i added the 2nd. Otherwise it was Bozak,Kadri.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:19 AM
LPH

Quote:

Let's settle down with the >'s, as a Canucks fan who loves Cory, I would say they are equal and can only really be evaluated after a full season as #1 guys

Quote:
It is a little nerve racking to have a starting goalie with not a lot of experience, but Canuck fans (and Bruins fans I assume) are confident that their guys have proven enough to earn the starting jobs for their respective teams.

Quote:
All i want is for the Canucks to carry some cap. So, Kadri,Bozak and a 2nd for Luongo and Van carries some cap OR drop the 2nd and we take the cap.
Cap wise we are not as bad as most on here make us out to be (especially with the ability to buy our Ballard) so taking back some salary could be doable, although not ideal

Old
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Yup, that's why i added the 2nd. Otherwise it was Bozak,Kadri.
Bozak, Kadri, 2nd is fair for Luongo at his full 5.3M cap hit. Add more.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:21 AM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
I am no Damien Cox fan, but I just saw this and it is exactly how I feel, on the Leafs, the joke of a franchise they are, where they are headed and Luongo all rolled up into one. It all ties in together, so no one really knows what the hell is happening.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...cked-class-cox
Well, look at the bright side. At least they didn't make Scrivens the GM.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Now you know how we feel when you guys keep telling us how great Bozak and Kadri are.
Or how Scrivens/Reimer are really Sawchuk/Bower in disguise.

Old
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Bumpy adjustment, bumpy playoffs, guys a headcase that for sure.

Maybe he can turn it around this year.
He broke his foot right before the playoffs. It limited his lateral movement. He was playing lights out and was really responsible for the Flyers late season surge.

Bryz post All-Star game: 15-6-3, .929, 5 so (better than Lundqvist, Quick, Price, Luongo).

Bryz will have a bounceback year.

Old
LPH

Quote:
thats what I'm thinking, something like a 1st conditional on making the playoffs or something

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
LOL, i don't care about taking his full cap. I was just responding to an "all i want" quote. I would probably do this deal.

Old
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
That could be a deal breaker though.. Leafs have nothing in terms of forward prospects, they want 2nd rounders.

Once there's 3+ pieces of value being included, I'd rather just go with Reimer and patiently wait for a top 3 pick to come our way.
You will but it's pretty clear your ownership won't...

I wonder if Phaneuf,Kessel, and Lupul willbe happy spending their best years on a crappy team getting ridiculed by the media. They're UFAs in the next two years and are probably sick of not having a chance.

All I really want out of the Leafs is an unprotected first... I'm in for the new lottery.

IMO for the Canucks: Reilly > 1st > Gardiner > Kadri > 2nd > Colborne > Ashton

Old
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
It won't happen. Use your brain and try and think up a scenario where Nonis stands up on the podium saying goodbye to Gardiner/Rielly/1st rounder.

It's literally unfathomable.
You're right it is literally unfathomable because speculation can't be measured in fathoms. But that's beside the point.

It doesn't make sense at all to me, but after the Burke firing I have no idea what's going on.

Closed Thread