HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin for Dave Bolland

Old
01-14-2013, 09:48 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

vCash: 500
Kulemin for Dave Bolland

Hi there, Leafs fan coming in peace ( I know, I know) but I feel the I have a legit proposal here, obviously for fun, just wondering what Chicago fans would think of:

Nikolai Kulemin + a 2nd rounder

for

Dave Bolland

Leafs obviously need Center help, and I believe Bolland would slide in nicely as a top 6 center.

Kulemin, struggled last year. but is 2 years removed for a 30 goal season, and is effective even when not scoring.

Both players have similar contracts, expiring in 2 years... and are both 26 years old.

Thoughts?

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoffglass View Post
Hi there, Leafs fan coming in peace ( I know, I know) but I feel the I have a legit proposal here, obviously for fun, just wondering what Chicago fans would think of:

Nikolai Kulemin + a 2nd rounder

for

Dave Bolland

Leafs obviously need Center help, and I believe Bolland would slide in nicely as a top 6 center.

Kulemin, struggled last year. but is 2 years removed for a 30 goal season, and is effective even when not scoring.

Both players have similar contracts, expiring in 2 years... and are both 26 years old.

Thoughts?
I like it. I feel value is fair. If Kulemin had a better season last year we coulda done 1 for 1. Although i like Kulemin, Bolland is a solid hockey player that can play top 6 minutes. Plays a good two way game and has only gotten better once his minutes increased in Chicago. I say TO pulls the trigger if something like this were to come up.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:56 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Chicago has no centre depth atm, they're not trading Bolland unless they get an upgrade down the middle in return.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:57 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
I like it. I feel value is fair. If Kulemin had a better season last year we coulda done 1 for 1. Although i like Kulemin, Bolland is a solid hockey player that can play top 6 minutes. Plays a good two way game and has only gotten better once his minutes increased in Chicago. I say TO pulls the trigger if something like this were to come up.
Yeah, and just looking from Chicago's pov, Left wing is an area where they could use an upgrade, Kule may be able to provide that

Old
01-14-2013, 09:58 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

No. You can have Frolik if you like.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

No thank you, grabo is our second doesn't make sense plus we need kulemin more (if he can rebound)

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sevanston

It seems like you considered Toronto's needs a lot more than Chicago's here. Kulemin doesn't address the needs of our roster at all.

That said, I don't think a 2nd is enough to bridge the talent gap between Bolland and Kulemin.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
No. You can have Frolik if you like.
Wouldnt trade a bag of pucks for frolik. Guys is as soft as puppy s***. Leafs dont need another soft guy to float around the puck not doing anything, we have enough of that in Tim Conolly.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Chicago has no centre depth atm, they're not trading Bolland unless they get an upgrade down the middle in return.
how about kuli and connely for bolland cap dump

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
It seems like you considered Toronto's needs a lot more than Chicago's here. Kulemin doesn't address the needs of our roster at all.

That said, I don't think a 2nd is enough to bridge the talent gap between Bolland and Kulemin.
I don't know Chicago that well, but just by glance, I figured they could use help at LW, just seeing what hawks fans thought of Kulemin.

What would fair value be in your opinion?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
Like I said.. Chicago isn't moving Bolland unless they get an upgrade at centre.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:04 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Wouldnt trade a bag of pucks for frolik. Guys is as soft as puppy s***. Leafs dont need another soft guy to float around the puck not doing anything, we have enough of that in Tim Conolly.
This....then this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:05 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I don't know Chicago that well, but just by glance, I figured they could use help at LW, just seeing what hawks fans thought of Kulemin.

What would fair value be in your opinion?
It's not about value. Kulemin + a 2nd isn't bad value, per se, especially if Kulemin can score 25 goals and 50 points again.. Chicago simply can't part with Bolland unless they're getting an upgrade on him at centre.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:07 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
It's not about value. Kulemin + a 2nd isn't bad value, per se, especially if Kulemin can score 25 goals and 50 points again.. Chicago simply can't part with Bolland unless they're getting an upgrade on him at centre.
Obviously your set with Toews and Sharp... I was going out on a limb assuming Shaw and Kruger could fill in on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:09 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Obviously your set with Toews and Sharp... I was going out on a limb assuming Shaw and Kruger could fill in on the 3rd and 4th lines.
Sharp doesn't play centre, he's a LW.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:10 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
Sharp doesn't play centre, he's a LW.
Oh, my bad...

That really changes things

Old
01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:

Talent Gap? Bolland has never broken 20 goals in his career and has had injury problems if i remember correctly. Kulemin is a season removed from having over 30g's and has been noted as a excellent defensive minded player. Frankly the 2nd might be an overpayment, but leafs are desperate for C's and Bolland is a player I feel is on the rise. Now it is only unfortunate that this doesnt fit CHI needs.

If chicago needs centers the best TO could do is Bozak+. Grabo would be a lateral move that wouldnt make sense. But Bozak is hardly an upgrade to Bolland, so TO might be looking at Bozak++, depending on the pieces added.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Talent Gap? Bolland has never broken 20 goals in his career and has had injury problems if i remember correctly. Kulemin is a season removed from having over 30g's and has been noted as a excellent defensive minded player. Frankly the 2nd might be an overpayment, but leafs are desperate for C's and Bolland is a player I feel is on the rise. Now it is only unfortunate that this doesnt fit CHI needs.

If chicago needs centers the best TO could do is Bozak+. Grabo would be a lateral move that wouldnt make sense. But Bozak is hardly an upgrade to Bolland, so TO might be looking at Bozak++, depending on the pieces added.
Bozak, Lombardi, Connolly, McClement, maybe even Komarov or Kadri can all fill the hole of 3C. The Leafs need a legit top-line center, plenty of options at center for the rest of the line-up.

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Bozak, Lombardi, Connolly, McClement, maybe even Komarov or Kadri can all fill the hole of 3C. The Leafs need a legit top-line center, plenty of options at center for the rest of the line-up.
But I think CHI would be looking for a guy to play 2C, as that would be the whole if they traded Bolland. Only guy that could do it is Bozak, and he is a downgrade for them in my opinon. They can try Kadri, but TO has already been down that road...

Old
01-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

Really? I thought Hawks were pining for a Ladd type winger for Toews and Kane. Kulemin is basically the Russian Ladd with more speed and less intangibles (ie being north american and fighting sometimes).

Chicago probably keeps Bolland at all costs though.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Jax Teller

Quote:
But I think CHI would be looking for a guy to play 2C, as that would be the whole if they traded Bolland. Only guy that could do it is Bozak, and he is a downgrade for them in my opinon. They can try Kadri, but TO has already been down that road...
I was more commenting on what I bolded in your post. That the Leafs are desperate for centers, which isn't the case. They're desperate for a legit 1C. They have too many centers as is that can play from line 2 to 4.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
I was more commenting on what I bolded in your post. That the Leafs are desperate for centers, which isn't the case. They're desperate for a legit 1C. They have too many centers as is that can play from line 2 to 4.
Ya i agree we are looking for a #1C, but i wouldnt mind giving Bolland a shot. if we can get him for a good price. The guy is young and plays well on both ends of the ice. If he were to grow into a Miku Koivu type player i would be happy with him at #1C. Now all this is dependant on the price we pay, selling the farm makes no sense for this type of player. At this point any option that upgrades bozak for our top line is to be considered a good option.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Ya i agree we are looking for a #1C, but i wouldnt mind giving Bolland a shot. if we can get him for a good price. The guy is young and plays well on both ends of the ice. If he were to grow into a Miku Koivu type player i would be happy with him at #1C. Now all this is dependant on the price we pay, selling the farm makes no sense for this type of player. At this point any option that upgrades bozak for our top line is to be considered a good option.
I would give Bolland a shot too for a good price. Nikolai Kulemin + isn't a good price.

I think Bolland is perfectly cast in the #3 center role. I don't think he would come in and knock Bozak off the first line, but he should have no problem taking Tim Connolly's spot on the 3rd line.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

This really does not seem like the answer to Toronto`s problems. Bolland may be a slight upgrade over the collection of bottom 6 centers they have already gathered, but he isn`t an answer to any actual holes in the line up.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
not the center we need.. would love to have bolland but not the top 6 C we are looking for.

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote