HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Tak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes88 View Post
Maybe I should try as well, offer them half of a corned beef sandwich or something?
Might need to add mayonnaise in order to make the deal go through

Old
01-30-2013, 01:18 AM
Tak7

Year 2021 with the New York Rangers, and both my first round picks from 2015 are up for renewal as RFAs.

They both want stupid money. They are both 85-86 overall, 25 and 26 years old overall, and wanting like 5-6 million dollars each. I tender qualifying offers, and then let them go to free agency because I don't want to bend over my cap structure.

NOBODY offers them a single offer sheet, but the other big name FAs who were similar overall and wanting more money all got offers and signed.

Madness. Was hoping to cash in with some good compensation for offer sheets but got nothing. Their trade values are low because of no contracts now either, so I can't trade them for much

Old
01-30-2013, 03:52 AM
Royster31

My first ever post on these forums and I have been reading up all the parts for this thread for the past 2-3 days

I am doing a BEAGM in NHL 13 with the Florida Panthers and I have just finished my first season while playing every game. We finished second in the NHL and 1st in the EC. We ended up winning that year against the Detroit Red Wings in 5 games, which I was rather shocked by the whole season as a whole and how my team had developed over the season.

I have just started my second season yesterday and I believe I am 6-1-0. I do enjoy playing the games and managing the team as well so that is why I play the games and the odd game I may sim but I will aim to play all the games including playoffs. My lineup for this season is pretty much the same as last season. I will note any changes or trades made to my team by using (*) besides the player.

J.Hubby*-P.Meuller-S.Gagne**
D.Booth***-S.Weiss-T.Fleischmann
S.Bergenheim-S.Matthias-K.Versteeg
S.Upshall-M.Goc-T.Kopecky

B.Campbell-D.Kulikov
MDZ****-F.Kuba
A.Petrovic-C.Robak

J.Markstrom
D.Ellis

*Brought up from the CHL. 85 overall
** Signed as a FA
*** Traded K.Ellerby,JF Jacques and a couple picks for Booth.
**** Offer Sheet. Only gave up a 2nd round pick to acquire him and only at 3.6M I believe over 3yrs

In the first season I loaded up on draft picks as well. Ended up trading a couple firsts for that years firsts and drafted S.Jones 1st overall. I can get more into detail on who I drafted in my first off-season if you guys want me too? I am hoping to win the cup again this year and believe my team as a good group of talent coming up that if I lose anybody to retirement,FA or decide to trade them I have the depth in prospects to fill voids in my lineups.

I also ended up winning the Calder Cup in my first season as well!

Last edited by Royster31: 01-30-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Vikes88
@CrushSoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
I'm not going to lie - everyone has their favorite players and prospects that they like going after. Morrissey is my guy. He's the one I almost always try and go after. Develops into a real nice offensive Dman.

The good thing is you are getting him early at 19, so he hasn't wasted a few years with stinted growth elsewhere.

The price (Elite goalie, 1st, 2nd) is pretty steep just for one prospect, especially if it's not a franchise prospect (Morrissey gets to 86-88 overall - I've only seen him get 90 overall once). I would try and see if you can get something back.

If not, ultimately make that deal ONLY if you can recuperate at least the 2nd round pick somewhere else in the roster if need be. That's normally how to value draft picks in a trade - if you can recover it in another trade down the line, then go ahead and do it.

ALSO - Make sure you are convinced about Markstrom and Schneider as well. I've seen GMs where Schneider and Markstrom don't develop at all. Schneider was 83 OA ceiling in my recent GM. Markstrom didn't do well either, although I think he had someone else playing ahead of him
That's a good point -- Schneider in particular is an absolute nobody in mine!

Old
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
CowbellConray

Had the 7th overall pick in 2012 draft, wanted Morissey BADLY. End up getting Barkov. Then at 12 get Duclair. Both are duds so far in 2016, Barkov is a 66 and Duclair is a 62. Meanwhile Morrisey is an 88. I had an offer on the table at that draft to move up to 5 for the 7th and 12th.

But I cant be too sad as Philly drafted Shinkurak at 3rd and he is only a 63.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Royster31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
Had the 7th overall pick in 2012 draft, wanted Morissey BADLY. End up getting Barkov. Then at 12 get Duclair. Both are duds so far in 2016, Barkov is a 66 and Duclair is a 62. Meanwhile Morrisey is an 88. I had an offer on the table at that draft to move up to 5 for the 7th and 12th.

I drafted Barkov in 2012 9th overall and he came out of the draft a 57 overall and 4 star potential. I'm hoping he turns out but if he doesn't its okay because I had so many first rounders that year. J.Drouin is my future #1 C I am hoping as I picked him 2nd overall

Old
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post

How old is Barkov & Duclair?

I'd be patient. I've seen Barkov do well.

Can't give any feedback on Duclair.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes88 View Post
That's a good point -- Schneider in particular is an absolute nobody in mine!

In most cases, Schneider becomes a nobody.

I just think a lot of that has to do with being stuck behind Luongo though. In those big years where he needs to progress, he's hardly playing. I'm sure that has a lot to do with his development.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Vikes88
@CrushSoda

Quote:

I just think a lot of that has to do with being stuck behind Luongo though. In those big years where he needs to progress, he's hardly playing. I'm sure that has a lot to do with his development.
True story -- Luongo is still stinking up the Rogers Centre in mine. I'm not actually even sure where Schneider ended up, but I do remember looking to trade for him, and being shocked at how poorly he developed.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
How old is Barkov & Duclair?

I'd be patient. I've seen Barkov do well.

Can't give any feedback on Duclair.
I think 21 and 22. Ive been patient with them, and I have Barkov playing top line with PP and PK time. He is playing with Logan Nelson (22 years old, 80 OVR, TWF) and Jeremy Gregoire (21, 81, TWF). Funny thing is, Gregoire was my second round pick in that same draft, and he has shot up my prospect system. Hoping that he can become one of my center in the top 9.

Barkov had a solid year in his rookie campaign, 77 games played, 47 points, +14. Duclair was a 57, so I didnt play him all that much but now he is getting top 6 time.

I dont plan on getting rid of them, I just want them to develop lol

Old
01-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Rangers4Life82

Love reading everyones dynasties so I started one with the BlueJackets. So far 2-2-2 and I can tell from the get go that scoring is gonna be a major problem. Mason and Bobrovsky have kept me in games. Think ive only scored 3 goals in 1 game so far. Will try and send out updates every 10 games.

Btw how does everyone handle Injuries during simming? Keep em on? Off? Keep em on for only x amount of games? Trying to find a good balance.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Royster31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life82 View Post
Love reading everyones dynasties so I started one with the BlueJackets. So far 2-2-2 and I can tell from the get go that scoring is gonna be a major problem. Mason and Bobrovsky have kept me in games. Think ive only scored 3 goals in 1 game so far. Will try and send out updates every 10 games.

Btw how does everyone handle Injuries during simming? Keep em on? Off? Keep em on for only x amount of games? Trying to find a good balance.
Do you play the games or sim them? Have you made any trades thus far?

Old
01-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Vikes88
@CrushSoda

Quote:

I keep 'em on. If my players go down during a simmed game, then they go down. Nature of the biz!

Old
01-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Rangers4Life82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royster31 View Post
Do you play the games or sim them? Have you made any trades thus far?
I play all games but meant more for the games that get simmed thru for cpu controlled teams

Old
01-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Rangers4Life82

Quote:
I play all games but meant more for the games that get simmed thru for cpu controlled teams
And no, no trades yet. Will probably worry about that maybe after 20 games and see how my team is doing then.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
casualkev

with the new roster update drouin is the guy to draft at #1. comes out of the draft rated 77 listed as a third liner. signed him to an elc and sent him down to the mooseheads. the following season he was rated an 86 with 99s in all shooting categories. managed to luck out and acquire 5 first round picks for the 2013 draft.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Quote:
I'm not going to lie - everyone has their favorite players and prospects that they like going after. Morrissey is my guy. He's the one I almost always try and go after. Develops into a real nice offensive Dman.

The good thing is you are getting him early at 19, so he hasn't wasted a few years with stinted growth elsewhere.

The price (Elite goalie, 1st, 2nd) is pretty steep just for one prospect, especially if it's not a franchise prospect (Morrissey gets to 86-88 overall - I've only seen him get 90 overall once). I would try and see if you can get something back.

If not, ultimately make that deal ONLY if you can recuperate at least the 2nd round pick somewhere else in the roster if need be. That's normally how to value draft picks in a trade - if you can recover it in another trade down the line, then go ahead and do it.

ALSO - Make sure you are convinced about Markstrom and Schneider as well. I've seen GMs where Schneider and Markstrom don't develop at all. Schneider was 83 OA ceiling in my recent GM. Markstrom didn't do well either, although I think he had someone else playing ahead of him
I got their 2nd rounder back also. So I pulled the trigger.

Only reason I kept Schneider is because Lundqvist did poorly in the playoffs. He lost almost every game, so I had to bring Schneider in, and he took us to third round.

Markstrom just had a strong season in the AHL, so Im confident he will do just fine in the NHL and he's still got a ton of value, so I can still flip him for something good if I need to.

Also, just made another deal. Traded Sauer to the Lightning for their first rounder. Sauer wanted 5 mill per for 4 years, and im not willing to go that high for him.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
I got their 2nd rounder back also. So I pulled the trigger.

Only reason I kept Schneider is because Lundqvist did poorly in the playoffs. He lost almost every game, so I had to bring Schneider in, and he took us to third round.

Markstrom just had a strong season in the AHL, so Im confident he will do just fine in the NHL and he's still got a ton of value, so I can still flip him for something good if I need to.

Also, just made another deal. Traded Sauer to the Lightning for their first rounder. Sauer wanted 5 mill per for 4 years, and im not willing to go that high for him.
Good deal on Sauer.

I've just completed my 10 year GM for the Rangers, so I can definitely relate (FIVE CUPS!).

But yeah good deal on Sauer - the little **** wanted dumb money in mine as well, so I signed and traded him.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonriotingcanucksfan View Post
with the new roster update drouin is the guy to draft at #1. comes out of the draft rated 77 listed as a third liner. signed him to an elc and sent him down to the mooseheads. the following season he was rated an 86 with 99s in all shooting categories. managed to luck out and acquire 5 first round picks for the 2013 draft.
Thanks for that

Just started a new dynasty with Dallas.

Was looking at trying some of the other prospects out - Shinkaruk, MacKinnon, and Hennessy, and Pulock, etc., those guys are easy to develop. I want to try someone a little different lol.

Might try and nab Drouin.

Side note - my god Dallas are awful. Great cap situation though. After 3 or 4 years they have almost no money committed. Talk about a full rebuild

Will post later on tonight - some of your guys' fantastic write-ups have made me want to share mine

Old
01-30-2013, 06:46 PM
n00bxQb

AHL AFFILIATE SPRINGFIELD FALCONS ADVANCE TO CONFERENCE FINALS
May 18, 2015

While Blue Jackets fans have been talking amongst themselves about the post season that never was for the last month, the organization is still enjoying post season success, just a few states east of where they had hoped.

Columbus' AHL affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, shutout the St. John's Ice Caps 3-0 last night to close out their 2nd round series in 5 games. They swept the Adirondack Phantoms in the first round.

John Moore, Columbus' 21st overall pick in 2009, has led the team in scoring so far, averaging a point per game with 9 points while logging over 28 minutes/game, an encouraging sign for the young prospect defenseman who hopes to find himself back on the Blue Jackets roster next season.

Michael Chaput, who was acquired alongside Jeff Carter at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, is also making a case for himself with a very impressive 6 goals and 2 assists through 9 playoff games. Even more impressive is the fact that 4 of those goals are of the game-winning variety.

Due to injury woes on the blue line combined with only listing 7 defenders on the clear day list, the Falcons have had to go with 5 defensemen since Tim Erixon went down in the first period of the first playoff game with broken ribs, which may have ended his season. It was a situation that was expected to put the Falcons in tremendous trouble, but the head coach has leaned on Austin Madaisky, who has picked up the slack in a big way, averaging over 32 minutes per game while contributing 6 points along the way.

As one would expect from a team that has gone this far in the playoffs, the Falcons have benefited from stellar goaltending, with Allen York posting an impressive 8-1 record with a 93.2 SV% and 2 shutouts. The decision to start York wasn't without controversy, however, as rookie Oscar Dansk was undoubtedly the best amongt the Falcons' 3 goaltenders in the regular season. The head coach defended his choice, however.

"Oscar was great for us in the regular season," he said. "But the playoffs are a whole new ball game. You have guys snowing you, guys trying to get into your head, crashing into you, and all that pressure going on. Allen [York] knows how to handle those conditions as you've seen."

Meanwhile, in the big leagues, the Conference Finals are set to begin tonight with the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Washington Capitals battling in the east. Out west, the Los Angeles Kings will host the Colorado Avalanche later in the evening.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:47 PM
guyincognito

Quote:

Schneider is an 83 in mine too, and is Kevin Poulin's backup for the Islanders. I thought about making a move for him, since Mason has been stuck on 84, even with a Conn Smythe to his credit. But he's too old to be bothered. Even if he was great and ticked up an OVR point or two, what's the difference.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Deku Scrub
bruv

vCash: 0
Not going to do any writeups but I might as well tell you guys about my Islanders GM mode since I have nothing better to do. I smell a Stanley Cup this year.

2016-17 Lineup

Terry (85)* - Tavares (89) - Tarasenko (85)*
Semin (83)* - Krejci (85)** - Grabner (82)
Halmo (78) - Cizikas (83) - Martin (78)
Ullstrom (78) - Pyatt (76)** - Nelson (78)

Hickey (84) - Girardi (86)**
De Hann (83) - Hamonic (83)
Will Weber (78)* - Macdonald (83)

Luongo (89)*
Poulin (82)

*Traded for at some point
**Free agent signing at some point

Top Prospects: Nilsson (G, 81, 4 yellow stars) Strome (C, 73, 4 yellow stars), Niederreiter (RW, 77, 4 yellow stars), Morrissey (D, 79, 4 yellow stars), Reinhart (D, 74, 4 yellow stars), Pokka (D, 69, 3.5 yellow stars)

What has happened so far:

Year 1: 46-28-8, Lost in Stanley Cup Finals
Year 2: 50-21-11, Lost in second round (won Presidents' Trophy, Tavares won Art Ross Trophy & Hart Trophy)
Year 3: 46-31-5, Lost in third round (Tavares won the Ted Lindsay Award)
Year 4: 43-33-6, Lost in first round

Old
01-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Vikes88
@CrushSoda

Cup final your first year with the Islanders? Impressive.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

I hate not being able to trade rights of UFA's at the draft, and RFA's whose contracts expire should still have trade value at the draft especially

Old
01-31-2013, 01:04 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
I hate not being able to trade rights of UFA's at the draft, and RFA's whose contracts expire should still have trade value at the draft especially
Yep - it's really annoying. Something that hopefully they change.

If you read back to the last page, I posted a scenario I found myself in, with two RFAs who were both 25ish, 85ish overall, and wanting stupid money.

I let them both go as qualified RFAs, but NOBODY offer sheeted them so I got nothing in return.

When I went to go trade them, they had almost no value, which was just stupid. A team could get both of them for $14 million cap space, and contend for a cup the next year.

But I could barely snuff two first round picks out for them.

Silly, silly, silly. Come on EA

Closed Thread