HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonas Nordquist Goal

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Jonas Nordquist Goal

Jonas Nordquist played a very good game yesterday, scoring two goals and an assist, on a line with Justin Williams and Per Ledin.

* Nordquist's first goal was a deflection in front of the crease from a shot at the point by Steve Staois.

* The second, Justin Williams made a great pass to an alone Nordquist how shot at once, and beat Stefan Liv high.

* On his assist, Nordquist skated around the crease, was tripped and laying on the ice he made a cross pass to Williams, who put it up high.

Sadly, this video just shows Nordquists (#16) second goal as it is a very short recap, but it's more than nothing: Luleå - HV 71

Old
02-19-2005, 12:30 AM
JustynFoo

good stuff.....so what do you think of him as a player and what his potential is as far as with the hawks? anyone?

Old
02-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustynFoo
good stuff.....so what do you think of him as a player and what his potential is as far as with the hawks? anyone?
I think he could claim a place at center in the future in the Hawks, without knowing exactly what other prospects he compete with. He is big, good at faceoffs and strong with the puck, good playmaking skills and a good shot. His only major weakness is his skating, but it has improved a lot. I saw him backchecking a lot, he wasn't a speedster but he worked hard and really tried to speed up. I think he'll be a hawks player in a year or two. I think he can translaet his game to play either line, from scoring unit to a defensive line.

Old
02-20-2005, 02:16 PM
fullmetalninja

I like Nordqvist a lot... more than most hawk fans I think.

here's the thing... You look at Anton Babchuk and you say... ahh that's lack of hockey sense.

You look at Nordqvist and you say.... Ahhh that *is* hockey sense.

The kid doesn't do any one thing jaw dropping- but he always seems to make his line better. He's in the right place at the right time, finds an open man with the pass, etc.

He does have to work on his quickness to be an everyday NHL'r. But he definately will get a shot with the ad's and the hawks. I'm guessing he will be in this summers training camp (if there is one) and will be on a short list on the Ads for call ups.

Obviously I don't get to see him game in game out in Sweden... but that's my recollection of him from the 3 prospect camps? (2 or 3) I have seen him play at.

-fullmetalninja

Old
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
I think he could claim a place at center in the future in the Hawks, without knowing exactly what other prospects he compete with. He is big, good at faceoffs and strong with the puck, good playmaking skills and a good shot. His only major weakness is his skating, but it has improved a lot. I saw him backchecking a lot, he wasn't a speedster but he worked hard and really tried to speed up. I think he'll be a hawks player in a year or two. I think he can translaet his game to play either line, from scoring unit to a defensive line.
I'd think he is better suited for playing winger... Viuhkola isn't slowing down and has pretty much the same assets and is a star in SM-liiga...

Old
02-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
I'd think he is better suited for playing winger... Viuhkola isn't slowing down and has pretty much the same assets and is a star in SM-liiga...
He's not exactly lighting it up this year. It's pretty hard to compare the players unless you see them on ice together anyway, but keep in mind that Viuhkola is two years older. I think you're right though. I assume Viuhkola is a better skater than Nordquist (finnish players generally are..).

Old
02-22-2005, 08:10 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn
He's not exactly lighting it up this year. It's pretty hard to compare the players unless you see them on ice together anyway, but keep in mind that Viuhkola is two years older. I think you're right though. I assume Viuhkola is a better skater than Nordquist (finnish players generally are..).
26 points in 36 games is not bad... and he's a pretty quick skater, that along with his positional play allows him to get good penalty killing minutes.

And as for his points not being as much as last season... It seems everyone on Kärpät except Jussi Jokinen have been sliding down for some odd reason.

Old
02-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
26 points in 36 games is not bad... and he's a pretty quick skater, that along with his positional play allows him to get good penalty killing minutes.

And as for his points not being as much as last season... It seems everyone on Kärpät except Jussi Jokinen have been sliding down for some odd reason.
Harder competition, obviously. There are similar tendancies with some players in the SEL as well. Nordquist seems to be doing just fine though, at least a little better than last year. Which is to be expected since he should still improve alot each season in this age (going by the swedish late-bloomer schedule..).

While we're on the topic of swedish/finnish chicago prospects and downwards sliding numbers.. check out how Mattias Wennerberg has developed since he had his breakout season. Something just ain't right with a system/league that don't take care of talents better than this.

Old
03-05-2005, 06:08 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Luleå got outplayed by Frölunda in the first playoff game, but Jonas Nordqvist scored one goal. He skated around the crease and Lundqvist in goal went the wrong way, and Nordquist put it high. If he contiue to play this well I hope he gets a chance to play some pre-games with the national team.

Closed Thread