HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban for Nail Yakupov

Old
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Arpeggio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Did you watch Galchenyuk play because playing with teammates with no offensive skills apply much more to Galchenyuk then they do to Yakupov - who was playing on Russia's top line. I'd take Yakupov's line mates to Galchenyuk's line mates any day of the week.

Your comments about Yakupov and RNH are just being silly. Edmonton shot down any idea of trading the RNH pick and were willing to listen to offers for Yakupov, but nobody was willing to pony much up for him.
That's just not true, there was much more buzz about Edmonton trading the RNH pick than the Yakupov pick. Or taking Larsson. There was some buzz around Murray this year, but I wouldn't say there was more than last year. And as for teams not "ponying up" for him, I'd love to hear what those teams were offering...

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Iceonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
That's just not true, there was much more buzz about Edmonton trading the RNH pick than the Yakupov pick. Or taking Larsson. There was some buzz around Murray this year, but I wouldn't say there was more than last year. And as for teams not "ponying up" for him, I'd love to hear what those teams were offering...
Considering Snow offered ALL of their draft picks from the last draft just to move up 2 spots, I would say Edmonton's 1st overall held considerable value lol.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:13 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
That is the same problem EDM has... not just EDM fans but almost all the pro scouting agencies share this view..
Until Galchenyuk proves otherwise Yakupov is clearly the better player.

Like your fellow MTL fans say... your player is garbage until he proves otherwise..
Maybe Galchenyuk will be a star... maybe he'll bust.. who knows

EDM and the 'experts' all factored in the positions these prospects played.. We selected Yakupov knowing we have a huge hole to fill on D (before Schultz) and a hole on #2C spot. Yakupov is just that good.
How can he do so, playing in a different league? As of now, Galchenyuk is one of, if not the best players in the OHL. Exactly, it's a bit of a crapshoot, however I personally see Galchenyuk as a safer bet than Yakupov. I could likely make a fair argument that Galchenyuk has already overtaken Yakupov (who he would have challenged for #1 overall last year), coming off a lost year of development. Imagine that, losing your grade 12 year; it's comparable to him losing his grade 12 year, then pulling off straight A's at university. I think he'll be great. I've never been particularly high on Yakupov, hence my obvious bias in everything I say, though I do think he'll turn out a very good player - PPG in his prime rather easily.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
How can he do so, playing in a different league? As of now, Galchenyuk is one of, if not the best players in the OHL. Exactly, it's a bit of a crapshoot, however I personally see Galchenyuk as a safer bet than Yakupov. I could likely make a fair argument that Galchenyuk has already overtaken Yakupov (who he would have challenged for #1 overall last year), coming off a lost year of development. Imagine that, losing your grade 12 year; it's comparable to him losing his grade 12 year, then pulling off straight A's at university. I think he'll be great. I've never been particularly high on Yakupov, hence my obvious bias in everything I say, though I do think he'll turn out a very good player - PPG in his prime rather easily.
Univeristy would be the NHL.

Basically, Galchenyuk missed grade 12, then came back for grade 13.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
There was a lot more buzz about the Oilers trading the Yak pick.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Chacal667

Subban for Yakupov ? anytime !!!

anyway we will be able to draft jones soon

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

I'd rather trade Subban for Paarajvi and Klefbom, something an Oiler fan offered in a previous discussion.

I was okay with the Subban-Yakupov trade before the draft but now I'm not. I like Yakupov's talent but I don't see him buying into or fitting into the Hab's system.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
I'd rather trade Subban for Paarajvi and Klefbom, something an Oiler fan offered in a previous discussion.

I was okay with the Subban-Yakupov trade before the draft but now I'm not. I like Yakupov's talent but I don't see him buying or fitting into the Hab's system.
As an Oiler fan, I take that and run. Paajarvi + Klefbom < Yakupov, IMO.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Galchenyuk has NEVER been better than Yakupov. In the year they played together Yakupov had almost 20 points of production on him. If Yakupov was in the OHL right now there is no doubt he would be out producing him again. I like how Montreal fans are quick to point out that fact that they would have drafted Galchenyuk first overall, that's a huge lie, if MTL was lucky enough to win the lottery they would be all over Yakupov.

Scoring close to a PPG in the KHL is >>>> scoring close to a 2PPG in the OHL.. Which Yakupov was already doing last year before his injury.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:58 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
in terms of value

defenseman > winger
proven player > unproven player

therefore yak + for PK

I think Yak + 1st round pick for PK and 2nd rnd pick

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:08 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Value is there, but wouldn't do it, Mtl right now is set in regards to having a key young piece at every position, with Price in nets, Gally at C, and Patches at wing, trading Subban would leave a big whole on D, number 1 dmen IMO have a lot more value then first line wingers.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
As an Oiler fan, I take that and run. Paajarvi + Klefbom < Yakupov, IMO.
I think it suits both teams better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Galchenyuk has NEVER been better than Yakupov. In the year they played together Yakupov had almost 20 points of production on him. If Yakupov was in the OHL right now there is no doubt he would be out producing him again. I like how Montreal fans are quick to point out that fact that they would have drafted Galchenyuk first overall, that's a huge lie, if MTL was lucky enough to win the lottery they would be all over Yakupov.

Scoring close to a PPG in the KHL is >>>> scoring close to a 2PPG in the OHL.. Which Yakupov was already doing last year before his injury.
If Galchenyuk wasn't available when Montreal drafted, I think Montreal's choice would of been between Teuvo Teravainen, Murray, or Rielly in that order, tbh. You can believe whatever you want but there's no basis or fact for what you believe in.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Halpysback

Yakupov + Petry for Subban + Eller + Schultz.

I feel like the best way to go in this day and age is an overpowering offense with good D and great goalie.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:

If Galchenyuk wasn't available when Montreal drafted, I think Montreal's choice would of been between Teuvo Teravainen, Murray, or Rielly in that order, tbh. You can believe whatever you want but there's no basis or fact for what you believe in.
Oh? But there is in yours? Basis of the fact is Yakupov was the best player available.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
agree there ...

Makes sense and no sense all at the same time ..... #fence-sitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Makes tons of sense in some ways, but little sense in other ways.

The biggest issue for me as an Oiler fan is that I have no idea what Subban wants for a contract. If he wants a huge payday, then probably not the deal I would want.

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Oh? But there is in yours? Basis of the fact is Yakupov was the best player available.
I would agree with that, but the question with 18 yr olds is will he be the best player in 5 years from now? He might, or maybe someone in the 5th round might be. It's hard to predict. Yak could be Nash or Stefan, nothing is guaranteed.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Univeristy would be the NHL.

Basically, Galchenyuk missed grade 12, then came back for grade 13.
Except enormous expectations are placed on him to carry the team, which he's done extremely well. He's been utterly dominant, even though he had to shake off some rust at the start of the season. No matter what, his role is so much greater than it previously was, especially as captain. I'd call it going to community college rather than university...

Old
01-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
I would agree with that, but the question with 18 yr olds is will he be the best player in 5 years from now? He might, or maybe someone in the 5th round might be. It's hard to predict. Yak could be Nash or Stefan, nothing is guaranteed.
That's true, however, Galchenyuk hasn't passed Yakupov yet. All hes down as of now is narrow the gap between them.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:02 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:

1. Yakupov's game is clearly strong on international ice. Alex has a clear height advantage and is stronger on the puck in my opinion and has a great two way game in addition to crazy playmaking and a nice shot. He's a great all around player, quite similar to Hossa... not bad. That was ONE year, TWO years ago in their what, 3 years there? Possibly then, but think, they took him at #3 sheerly because of potential. It was a huge risk in taking him, but he's far exceeded expectations. He was riskier, but I'd take him any day on the Habs over Yakupov and even on the Sharks. Heck, he can play LW for sure, maybe RW.

2. They're playing in totally different leagues, you can't even compare them with stats.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:05 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:

You know the Habs?

Filip Forsberg, Mikhail Grigorenko, Rielly? Not too sure after that.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
You know the Habs?

Filip Forsberg, Mikhail Grigorenko, Rielly? Not too sure after that.
Forsberg and Grigorenko were never in the picture, I wonder if Collberg was ahead of both of them on the Habs drafting list.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:16 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Forsberg and Grigorenko were never in the picture, I wonder if Collberg was ahead of both of them on the Habs drafting list.
I'm pretty sure there was confusion the weeks before where people thought one of those two might be picked. Then Galchenyuk surged ahead at the end.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there was confusion the weeks before where people thought one of those two might be picked. Then Galchenyuk surged ahead at the end.
There are two different things here: (1) who the Habs management were planning to draft and (2) who the Hab fans wanted drafted. Galchenyuk was preferred by a little more then 50% of Hab fans a couple of months before the draft (based on a poll) and the rest were pretty even split between Grigorenko and Forsberg.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:41 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:

The year they played together was nearly 2 years ago. If you were to conduct an unbiased analysis you would take into consideration that Yak is nearly 8 months older than Galy. Lets compare Yak 8 months ago to Galy now. On that basis its a lot closer and some could make the argument that Galy is ahead of Yak when taking into account their relative age.

As for Yakupov's production in the KHL vs Galy's production in the OHL... somewhat irrelevant. Who's to say that Galy wouldn't produce a ppg in the KHL? All of this is extrapolation (including my relative age analysis). In otherwords, until both players are playing in the NHL, no one can really decide who is the better prospect as of now.

As for Subban for Yak - please put an end to this. Oilers say maybe and the Habs say HELL NO.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
It would leave a big gap on the wing. I'm not confident with Hartikainen in a top 6 role just yet. Value may be close but Montreal would have to add to get the Oilers to bite, IMO.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote