HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bring one of Iginla, Perry, Ryan to Pittsburgh

Old
01-09-2013, 06:59 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Bring one of Iginla, Perry, Ryan to Pittsburgh

The Pens have a glaring hole open on Sid's wing, and given that it appears this will be the first season in 3 that Malkin and Crosby seem 100% healthy, this might be the year the Pens make a big move for a big solution.

What option seems most likely, and what will it take?

MOD EDIT: Not speculation, changed to Proposal.

Last edited by caley: 01-09-2013 at 02:06 PM.
PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:11 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
The Pens have a glaring hole open on Sid's wing, and given that it appears this will be the first season in 3 that Malkin and Crosby seem 100% healthy, this might be the year the Pens make a big move for a big solution.

What option seems most likely, and what will it take?
I know you guys would love to see the Pens get a really good wing but it is hardly a hole when the Pens are the highest scoring team in the league.

In my opinion, you guys have a hole on D, not on the wing. You don't have an all star on every wing on the top 2 lines, but no team does. The Pens have some good D prospects that they may want to consider moving for a guy who can be a shutdown D now in my opinion.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Iginla is the most unlikely by far. He's invested his whole career into one team, like Doan and Alfredsson, whereas Perry and Ryan are still young and aren't the best captains in their franchise's history.

Pittsburgh just needs to stop drafting defenseman and score some wingers in the first round. Get some Russians that slip in the 1st and who would love to play with Malkin.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bigd

I would love to see Ingila in Pitt but I don't see it happening. We have to resign Letang and Malkin so how are we going to pay Ingila in the future when the cap goes down?

bigd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:13 AM
SeriousHabs

You forgot to mention that 3/4s of the Pens roster was untouchable for such a trade.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:14 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I know you guys would love to see the Pens get a really good wing but it is hardly a hole when the Pens are the highest scoring team in the league.

In my opinion, you guys have a hole on D, not on the wing. You don't have an all star on every wing on the top 2 lines, but no team does. The Pens have some good D prospects that they may want to consider moving for a guy who can be a shutdown D now in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more. And, the value of the players he mentioned are too much.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:16 AM
AussieCanuck

I don't see Perry leaving the Ducks, nor do i see Iggy leaving Calgary. As for Bobby, i'm not sure, but i don't think he would go to Pittsburgh.

AussieCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Oates2Neely

Paul Martin for Jay Bouwmeester.

A Letang-Bouwmeester top pairing would be dynamite, as long as Pens fans temper expectations, Bouwmeester is most valuable as a shut down, minutes muncher.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Exit Dose

The Pens are a terrible trading partner for Ryan.

Perry will cost what players in the last year of their contract cost.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:12 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
The Pens are a terrible trading partner for Ryan.

Perry will cost what players in the last year of their contract cost.
And whether or not Iginla is available will be up to him.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:14 AM
capitalsrock

Iginla for Maata

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:15 AM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Iginla for Maata
Hahahahaha. That is classic.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:17 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Hahahahaha. That is classic.
Tell me why please. It's funny because you are trying to act like it's a joke to get attention but when in reality it makes sense because the pens are contending and the flames get younger.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:28 AM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Tell me why please. It's funny because you are trying to act like it's a joke to get attention but when in reality it makes sense because the pens are contending and the flames get younger.
I didn't think you were joking but it was hilarious either way.

Flames are not in this desperate situation that HFBoards makes them out to be in. Certainly not desperate enough to trade the face of the franchise and arguably the most iconic player to ever wear the 'C'. The greatest captain in franchise history. The Flames won't trade Iginla for the same reason that Phoenix won't trade Doan and Ottawa won't trade Alfie. There's way too much sentimentality involved, especially for a late first round pick like Maatta.

Look at how Flames prospects performed at the WJC's. It surprised most people but it didn't surprise us, because we actually follow the Flames prospects. Next year I can see one of Culkin or Kulak being this year's Wotherspoon. These are two more really good guys that no one knows about. Point is, Calgary's recent draft history has shown that they can slowly but steadily right the ship without blowing the whole thing up.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

I wouldn't be confident about Fleury either.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
There's no way in hell we'd give up a highly touted prospect like Maatta for someone who is approaching his final years, for such a big cap hit when the cap is coming down and we have players to re-sign which'll leave us with little to no room to improve elsewhere, it makes it a no from Pittsburgh with ease.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Flat Stanley

Nah, do not want any of those guys because they won't come cheap. I would rather keep the team the way it is and improve it by draft/UFA, those guys would cost a 1st + or an All Star player like Letang or Neal, not happening.

I agree, Pens need a number one defenseman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I wouldn't be confident about Fleury either.
I'm actually pretty confident in Fleury, people on HF love to look at his playoff performance and act like that's how he has played all season every season since he has started. Fleury wasn't stellar in the playoffs but neither was his defense, you can put any goalie back there and he would have had a similar performance. Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist, it doesn't matter, when your defense falls apart, your goalie can't bail you out all the time. Marc Andre Fleury led this team to 2 Stanley Cup Finals, just last regular season before his playoff performance, he tied the franchise record in wins, 42-17-4 last season.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess, I think I watch Fleury more than fans from other team who hate on him for having a .913 save percentage in the regular season and when they look at the playoffs it was all Fleury's fault, those Penguins played great and tried their hardest in front of him but he just couldn't get the job done. Lol, give me a break.

Last edited by Flat Stanley: 01-09-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
There's no way in hell we'd give up a highly touted prospect like Maatta for someone who is approaching his final years, for such a big cap hit when the cap is coming down and we have players to re-sign which'll leave us with little to no room to improve elsewhere, it makes it a no from Pittsburgh with ease.
LOL! If anything, Määtä does not fetch you Iginla alone.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:03 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
If I'm offered Iginla for Maatta, I'm taking it in a second. Much rather take a guy who already has chemistry with Crosby over someone like Ryan every day, not to mention that Ryan costs much more in value than Iginla.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Well considering Calgary fans were asking for Jordan Staal for Iginla, I think that Calagry fans would say we don't have a trade piece to send them for Iginla, because it would most likely be Neal or Letang, same with Anaheim fans although since Ryan and Perry are younger they might ask for Neal or Letang + one of our top D prospects, and a 1st round pick, maybe Beau Bennett also.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I didn't think you were joking but it was hilarious either way.

Flames are not in this desperate situation that HFBoards makes them out to be in. Certainly not desperate enough to trade the face of the franchise and arguably the most iconic player to ever wear the 'C'. The greatest captain in franchise history. The Flames won't trade Iginla for the same reason that Phoenix won't trade Doan and Ottawa won't trade Alfie. There's way too much sentimentality involved, especially for a late first round pick like Maatta.

Look at how Flames prospects performed at the WJC's. It surprised most people but it didn't surprise us, because we actually follow the Flames prospects. Next year I can see one of Culkin or Kulak being this year's Wotherspoon. These are two more really good guys that no one knows about. Point is, Calgary's recent draft history has shown that they can slowly but steadily right the ship without blowing the whole thing up.
Prepare to be shocked.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Elvs

Quote:

This.

You guys have Crosby, Malkin and Neal. Kunitz isn't too shabby either and Dupuis, Kennedy and Sutter should provide solid depth up front. Don't get greedy.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
lol. No kidding. I'd love to see what he thinks they should offer for Ryan or Perry.

Probably Maata but they'll add a 2nd.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

We don't have much to offer right now in trades unless the team is looking for defense prospects, we have ton of that

As for Perry I don't see the Ducks trading him but if he doesn't agree on a new deal and becomes a UFA (which I doubt ) Shero should be all over that

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:10 AM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Prepare to be shocked.
Okay, are you gonna elaborate?