HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 11:27 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
Way to dangle that bait. I'm not biting.
Just a little bit of harmless (hopefully) facetiousness.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:28 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
It's obvious to people who don't watch the Canucks play. Canucks fans have grown accustom to Luongo and Schneider's personalities, both goalies have said numerous times they'll do what's best for the team. If keeping both goalies is best for the team, than so be it. Like I said before some teams don't even have 1 star goalie, I don't see how having 2 is more of a problem
Imagine you're a goalie. One of the top in the world. Would you want to sit on the bench?
What did you expect them to say? **** this team, I only care about myself?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Sorry I don't have time to read 27 pages. If it is known, why is it still being mentioned?
Read back 2 pages. Just 2.

I don't feel like re-typing any more than you feel like reading.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
caley

I'm thiiiiiiiis close

to just shutting all Luongo threads down for good if you guys don't behave.

So, lose the personal attacks and critiques and discuss value or there will be nowhere to discuss Luongo.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Imagine you're a goalie. One of the top in the world. Would you want to sit on the bench?
What did you expect them to say? **** this team, I only care about myself?
If it helps my team win a Stanley Cup than sure why not. Also look at players who recently demanded trades. Dany Heatley and Rick Nash come to mind, both those players made it pretty evident they wanted out. Luongo on the other hand has done nothing to insist that he did.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:32 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Players always try to be politically correct when talking about these things. It's an image factor. These things are what agents are for. Negotiating contracts, and speaking on behalf of their clients.

I'm not saying Luongo isn't okay with staying in Vancouver to be a 1-2 combo with CS though. I have no idea if he is or not.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
If it helps my team win a Stanley Cup than sure why not. Also look at players who recently demanded trades. Dany Heatley and Rick Nash come to mind, both those players made it pretty evident they wanted out. Luongo on the other hand has done nothing to insist that he did.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
No I wouldn't value isn't there

Would TO consider

Kulemin
Blacker/Franson
Colbourne
2014 1st

For
Luongo
3rd/Sauve

Leaf fans?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:34 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Well, he didn't need to until now. Now his #1 goaltending job is taken away.
Sure, you might go into this season with both of them. But then in the summer you will absolutely have 0 chance but to trade one of them. And if it goes all the way to summer, his value will be even lower.

Old
JerkChicken

Quote:
He demands to be traded. You've never heard of that happening.
Where were you when the recent Nash fiasco happened?
And? So he demands it... so what?

He gets traded in the off-season then. Until then, he splits starts with Schneider, collects his Millions of $$$... and possibly wins another Jennings trophy.

I fail to see the part where the Canucks 'hands are tied'.

Old
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Leaf fans?
No.

Bozak, Blacker and a 3rd for Luongo.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:35 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
And? So he demands it... so what?

He gets traded in the off-season then. Until then, he splits starts with Schneider, collects his Millions of $$$... and possibly wins another Jennings trophy.

I fail to see the part where the Canucks 'hands are tied'.
His value will be even lower in the Summer. Why would you want to get less for him than you can now?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Read back 2 pages. Just 2.

I don't feel like re-typing any more than you feel like reading.
You, or someone else could just say it has been said, some dense people refuse to acknowledge it". I mean that would end you involvement and would have come across less douchey.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Right because hockey central knows everything to know about everything. These guys were the same people saying about two days ago "Luongo to Toronto is a done deal" Luongo has never said anything along the lines of asking for a trade.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:37 PM
JerkChicken

Quote:
Sure, you might go into this season with both of them. But then in the summer you will absolutely have 0 chance but to trade one of them. And if it goes all the way to summer, his value will be even lower.
You must have missed all the hoopla about GM's upping the ante for Luongo in the summer, because they can buy-out existing contracts and have more options to bring Luongo in.

Basically, the exact opposite of what you're insinuating will happen.

Google it.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
His value will be even lower in the Summer. Why would you want to get less for him than you can now?
The market will probably be better in the summer because teams will be freeing up cap space and using buyouts etc

Old
01-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I'm thiiiiiiiis close

to just shutting all Luongo threads down for good if you guys don't behave.

So, lose the personal attacks and critiques and discuss value or there will be nowhere to discuss Luongo.
"This week in HF news, traffic plummets 95% as mods decide to shut down the Luongo threads."

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

I don't understand why Nonis' words are seen as truthfull when he says that he doesnt want to trade gardiner or Rielly, but Luongo and Schnieder saying that they are fine with playing with each other, then it is just PR media stuff that should be ignored. I don't see how an unbiased person could believe one person, but not the others.

imho both parties always try to use the media to try to gain any sort of negotiating advantage possible, but in this case I believe that both are being truthfull.

Although it isnt ideal for each goalie in the Vancouver tandom, they can make it work and it is not worth making a bad deal just so Schnieder gets the #1 job. Just like running with Reimer/Scrivens isnt ideal for Nonis, but he is willing to go with that option over giving up too much for Luongo. Neither party is in a state of full desperation and both have plenty of options, but imo a deal will still get done becasue it will bennifit both teams.

Old
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
You must have missed all the hoopla about GM's upping the ante for Luongo in the summer, because they can buy-out existing contracts and have more options to bring Luongo in.

Basically, the exact opposite of what you're insinuating will happen.

Google it.
It's not about having space for him. Tons of teams can fit him in right now too. It's about exploiting your situation.
If a player demands to be traded, you are basically screwed, because you won't be getting anything close to what you would normally.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:40 PM
GeneralSwell

I will be beyond angry if the leafs give up anything close to what Vancouver fans want for Luongo.

Old
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Schneider signed his extension late June IIRC. Luongo obviously knew his number 1 job was potentially taken.

That is simply not true. With 2 buyouts being allowed this summer more teams will have more salary for Luongo. Luongo's value will likely rise up due to that and, new teams with goaltending issues will get in the bidding war. For example if Lindback falters in Tampa I could see them being interested.

Old
JerkChicken

Quote:
*BUZZ*... wrong.

His value will likely be higher because of the fact that other teams can exercise buy-outs on current player, potentially giving the Canucks more suitors for Luongo.

Either way, nobodies 'hands are tied' as you claim.

Old
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

1. Tons of teams have space right now. It won't change a lot in that regard.
2. You seem to be forgetting that Lu has a no trade clause. He picks where he wants to go.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:41 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSwell View Post
I will be beyond angry if the leafs give up anything close to what Vancouver fans want for Luongo.
You'll be beyond happy thought when Luongo single handily starts winning you games, especially in a Carlyle defense.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:41 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I don't understand why Nonis' words are seen as truthfull when he says that he doesnt want to trade gardiner or Rielly, but Luongo and Schnieder saying that they are fine with playing with each other, then it is just PR media stuff that should be ignored. I don't see how an unbiased person could believe one person, but not the others.

imho both parties always try to use the media to try to gain any sort of negotiating advantage possible, but in this case I believe that both are being truthfull.

Although it isnt ideal for each goalie in the Vancouver tandom, they can make it work and it is not worth making a bad deal just so Schnieder gets the #1 job. Just like running with Reimer/Scrivens isnt ideal for Nonis, but he is willing to go with that option over giving up too much for Luongo. Neither party is in a state of full desperation and both have plenty of options, but imo a deal will still get done becasue it will bennifit both teams.
It goes both ways. Most of the Canucks fans say Nonis is lying but Luongo is perfectly fine with playing behind Schnieds.

Fact is, nobody really knows. I do however, believe much like you, both sides are telling the truth.

Closed Thread