HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andy McDonald

Old
01-10-2013, 02:44 AM
DavidBL

vCash: 500
Andy McDonald

What is his value for St Louis? He has 1 year left on a contract that has a NTC and has suffered some injury issues that last few years. But in my mind he is still a solid offensive Center who I would love to see back in Anaheim. Thoughts?

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Getz2perry

My favorite player...

but im not sure the cost is worth it from the ducks standpoint depending on what the blues need. Not to mention there are about 6 players on the blues id rather have.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:01 AM
DavidBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
My favorite player...

but im not sure the cost is worth it from the ducks standpoint depending on what the blues need. Not to mention there are about 6 players on the blues id rather have.
Honestly the only players I would rather have are Backes and Pietrangelo. I think McDonald fits better then just about any other player they have.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Honestly the only players I would rather have are Backes and Pietrangelo. I think McDonald fits better then just about any other player they have.
Backes, Pietrangelo, Oshi, Tarasenko, Schwartz.... were kinda who i was thinking of.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:35 AM
Oshie97

McDonald really gets our offense going when hes healthy but hes had some bad luck the last few season with a fractured leg and a concussion. No point in trading for picks/prospects or wingers so their would have to be a good 3rd line center or a top 4 left handed d-man for the Blues to consider it. TBH i would rather have McDonald move back to center for the third line then trade for one.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Exit Dose

We have Lydman, but if you're looking for a young LHD that isn't going to happen.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:19 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

The thing about that one year contract is that there's probably zero risk for the Blues that he'll bolt when it's up. He wants to stay and the Blues almost certainly want to keep him. There might be a little negotiation on price and term, but that one year is not an issue for the Blues, while it might be for his destination. So he's already losing significant value via trade.

The only way the Blues are going to bother trading him is if he makes ridiculous contract demands before the deadline. That's very, very unlikely. And the only reason they'd have for not keeping him for a playoff run, even if his contract demands are insane, is because they feel they're improving the team with whomever they acquire. Only two positions of need for the Blues: a #2 defenseman and a scoring line center. I cannot see McDonald going to Anaheim, or pretty much any other team, for that matter, in a trade that nets either one of those.

rumrokh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

vCash: 50
I feel similar to the post above me. If I am another team trading for McDonald, I see his age and injury history and I would guess that that is enough to balk at meeting what the Blues want.

If I'm the Blues, I know that he's the catalyst on offense who is still scoring at near a PPG when he can stay in the lineup.

Probably tough to find a trade that works.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
DavidBL

Sounds like most fans generally follow my own views of the player. I still think he is your top 6 center and don't see a need to upgrade him. I just remember a fan saying that they thought he was available and/or willing to trade him.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Sounds like most fans generally follow my own views of the player. I still think he is your top 6 center and don't see a need to upgrade him. I just remember a fan saying that they thought he was available and/or willing to trade him.
He's not a center anymore. He's played LW almost exclusively since coming to the Blues.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

McDonald just makes our offense so much more dynamic. His influence is known the moment he touches the ice. I'm not saying he is a superstar or anything, but we don't really have anyone to replace what he can do right now, so he won't be moved. He is a great leader to have as well.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
McDonald and a 1st for Perry at the deadline, if Perry says he's not staying. Add in a prospect if need be.

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:34 PM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
McDonald and a 1st for Perry at the deadline, if Perry says he's not staying. Add in a prospect if need be.
That would be awesome, imagine a Oshie-Backes-Perry line, beast. I would bet Anaheim would want more especially since McD will also be a FA.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Someone will offer us a better package than that.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
That would be awesome, imagine a Oshie-Backes-Perry line, beast. I would bet Anaheim would want more especially since McD will also be a FA.
Never show your hand.

I agree though, but the question is who? We don't have a center prospect worth considering...Maybe one of Rattie/Jaskin? Would they rather have a defence prospect?

Old
01-10-2013, 02:38 PM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Someone will offer us a better package than that.
What are you looking for besides a center?

Old
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Exit Dose

Left wing is a bigger priority right now.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If Perry or Getzlaf are made available, and we have our finances in order, we could make some very intriguing offers.

Lets not make any threads until any of the above become true though.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:43 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Good thing McDonald is a lefter winger.

Maybe a deal around Schwartz and other pieces if things go that way.

Schwartz, Schmaltz, and we'll even bring back Schwarz for you guys.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:44 PM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
For the record, this is definitely hypothetical, considering the Blues probably couldn't re-sign him...

Anyway, any interest in Schwartz? If so, that first is no longer available. McDonald and Schwartz, if the Blues could afford Perry, would have to be pretty close.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Only players on Ducks I would be interested in are Perry, Getzlaf, and Fowler.

EDIT: Why would we give up 2 left wingers? To be left with Perron only?

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
For the record, this is definitely hypothetical, considering the Blues probably couldn't re-sign him...

Anyway, any interest in Schwartz? If so, that first is no longer available. McDonald and Schwartz, if the Blues could afford Perry, would have to be pretty close.
If we're getting Schwartz, then there's no reason to add McDonald. I'd want Andy there to play LW. As it is, I'd wait to see how Maroon does in camp before I took Schwartz, but not out of a lack of interest. I just don't see Andy as being the sort of player we'd look to if Perry is being moved. We'd want someone a bit younger, even if that player doesn't have Andy's production in the near term.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
CarvinSigX

I don't think Getzlaf would fit the team at all though. He struggled last year and has been called out for lack of effort by people on here. Not only that, but he disappeared against the Blues forecheck. Imagine him playing under Hitch facing an aggressive team like the Kings. I'll pass, not because I don't like him, but the cost and fit just wouldn't be right. Perry is Hitchcock's kind of scorer.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Only players on Ducks I would be interested in are Perry, Getzlaf, and Fowler.

EDIT: Why would we give up 2 left wingers? To be left with Perron only?
And a durable Perry. Schwartz isn't even penciled into our starting lineup.

Perry Backes Oshie
Perron Berglund Stewart
Steen Sobotka Tarasenko
Porter Nichol Langenbrunner

Find a decent 3rd line center and overpay if you have to, then we'd have the same depth, but an even better top line. Just a thought.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:57 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I don't think Getzlaf would fit the team at all though. He struggled last year and has been called out for lack of effort by people on here. Not only that, but he disappeared against the Blues forecheck. Imagine him playing under Hitch facing an aggressive team like the Kings. I'll pass, not because I don't like him, but the cost and fit just wouldn't be right. Perry is Hitchcock's kind of scorer.
True, Perry just makes us very heavy on the right side. We'd have to get a center or left winger to balance everything out, unless Oshie, Tarasenko, Stewart, or Perry can play on the left.