HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Someone explain the cap....

Old
02-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Sec201

vCash: 500
Someone explain the cap....

I don't understand why pronger continues to show up as counting against our cap on cap geek?? We have so much dead weight on this team it's not even funny. I get this feeling that the flyers are going to try and pull a shady deal like parade pronger out on the ice in the last game so they can amnesty him. And what about walker? He sucks and is he dead? 1.7 counting against our cap and for what? What ever happened to Bordoun? Is he ever going to be healthy? Can't they LTIR Shelley now that he is dead and clear some cap space??

30 people on the active roster is simply ridiculous and has us hog tied.

I am not sure whether I want to take the lumps and get a nice draft pick this year or actually be competitive. I guess my question is; with pronger, walker and Shelley on LTIR shouldn't we have about 8M in cap space? I know the number of contracts is another thing but by trading some useless bodies (see Boston with Tim Thomas) shouldn't we be able to make a deal to get competitive?

Sec201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:38 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
they haven't placed them on LTIR because they don't need the cap space. If you don't need the cap space, there's no sense placing them on LTIR

And how do you expect the Flyers to get better through trades when they have no assets they can afford to move?

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
When you put someone on LTIR, you have to replace them within a certain period - and it's not long. LTIR is not a free pass to go over the cap.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
they haven't placed them on LTIR because they don't need the cap space. If you don't need the cap space, there's no sense placing them on LTIR

And how do you expect the Flyers to get better through trades when they have no assets they can afford to move?
dont you know that having draft picks and a good farm system is overrated when your awesome core is under 25 YOA

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Krishna

We'd have space if we LTIR'd Pronger, Walker, and Shelley but we aren't at that point yet

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
Mike Richards 18

How much cap space does Colorado have? Could mildly low ball O Reilly cuz they still be able to match and get a good deal compared to his skill level? I know he wants good money and more then avs want to dish out. Curious if anyone has more info on this view or angle? I don't want to give up this years first with possibly being a high for us. But I'd expect us to fill our roster better this off season. Just think if we landed one of all the players we chased last summer. Weber Suter Parise. What would that have looked like? Parise and Giroux? Or signing weber we could have moved on of our dman for offensive help right now!

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Krishna

O'reilly isn't worth what he wants imo

He's been rumored to want 5y 25m

He's not worth that yet. He may be in the future, but not now. If he signs that offersheet, Colorado matches it easily.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote