HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Lol

Yakupov scored the OT winner and didn't really celebrate

Scared of people criticizing his celly

Old
01-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Apparently he only scores crucial goals by batting them in the air.

01-30-2013, 11:42 PM
RussianRocket10

vCash: 500
Watched the Minnesota and Chicago game from the start of the 3rd period until the end. It's not often I'm on the edge of my seat watching a game that the Flyers aren't playing in.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:18 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

just say no to Lokitionov. Take it from someone who has seen him play. a lot. tons of ability. I just question his desire and work ethic.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I just noticed Voracek is a "sniper" in NHL13. Has EA ever watched him play?

Old
01-31-2013, 02:03 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
It's EA.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:04 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
That series has become a joke. The scouts they hire to give them feedback on the players strengths are really horrible at their jobs.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It's EA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
That series has become a joke. The scouts they hire to give them feedback on the players strengths are really horrible at their jobs.
Graphics have barely improved, and the engine is certainly far behind what it could be. It's a shame.

Couturier is a 4th line LW. He's likely getting traded for something amusing soon.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:17 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Graphics have barely improved, and the engine is certainly far behind what it could be. It's a shame.

Couturier is a 4th line LW. He's likely getting traded for something amusing soon.
I keep buying it year after year even though I tell myself I'm done buying it. I think this next one coming up I finally might live up to my word. The people that make game are getting awful and lazy at making it. The rosters are always a joke after you wait for them to finally come out. Any player associated with Vancouver gets an automatic bump in ratings just on that alone.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
SolidSnakeUS

If they could, I would seriously think if they want to change the game and make it overall better, skip a year. Or hire a lot more people, get them to make NHL 14, and make the best vets there work the next year and a half or more to make something amazing in NHL 15. Just a thought. But it's EA, they won't.

And yes, I still play club for NHL 13.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Yeah. I bought this year only because of the new skating system; otherwise I try to skip years. I mostly play online, so the offline crap means nothing to me. However...I play D. The skating barely changed anything for me...if I were a foward trying to camp the net, and get in place for rebounds, yeah...that would be huge. For a Dman? marginal.

I'll still buy next year, but I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:25 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If they could, I would seriously think if they want to change the game and make it overall better, skip a year. Or hire a lot more people, get them to make NHL 14, and make the best vets there work the next year and a half or more to make something amazing in NHL 15. Just a thought. But it's EA, they won't.

And yes, I still play club for NHL 13.
I'm not as update on the new consoles but aren't they coming out soon? I could swore I heard from somewhere or somebody that the next nhl will be the last one on 360 and ps3?

Old
01-31-2013, 02:31 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I still find the biggest fault of the game are the poke checks. They are, overall, WAY too effective. Sometimes exploited like crazy and it basically makes playing the point even on a 5 on 3 really dangerous. Another is that goalies can be WAY too godly. I will say, the skating has still been interesting for me and it took till recently that I really have gotten a good hang on it and use every button to get around people without actually using the deke button/maneuver.

I wouldn't doubt it if they are making one for a new system right now. Hope it doesn't suck. Still, going to buy a new system, especially if it releases with FFVXIII.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:38 AM
LegionOfDoom91

My problem with it is they get these cheesy features (goalie fights, broken glass, helmets coming off) every year and pawn them off like they are great additions. When they probably should of been in the game years ago instead of now.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:41 AM
Krishna

I have no real problems with the game for the most part.

As a strict D man online, pokechecks are perfect. Most of the people whining online about the pokecheck have never played many games as a D man. Last year I could literally poke through the puck multiple times only for it to be scored on a weak goal.

As for the game's engine? From reading press releases and similar things, it sounds like they have been holding out on building a new engine for the new consoles.

As for the skating, it was fine for awhile but the new tuner has absolutely ruined the game. No speed at all, players handle the puck like hand grenades, and turning is ridiculous.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:48 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
My problem with it is they get these cheesy features (goalie fights, broken glass, helmets coming off) every year and pawn them off like they are great additions. When they probably should of been in the game years ago instead of now.
That's what the kiddies want to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
As a strict D man online, pokechecks are perfect. Most of the people whining online about the pokecheck have never played many games as a D man. Last year I could literally poke through the puck multiple times only for it to be scored on a weak goal
I play D too and the poke checks are beyond stupid in this game. They do more harm than good. The few times you get the Puck in the offensive zone (since simple passes are harder than 150 ft stretch passes) if you don't shoot it right away it's going the other way for a breakaway. They just really took the fun for me. It's hard to be creative in this game.

The pokes were bad last year. I'm not disputing that. But they went to the other side of the spectrum instead of finding (and adjusting) a balance. 12 was far from perfect but I played that game a he'll of a lot more.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:21 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Are you sure it doesn't say "swiper", for the big-time contract he's not earning right now?

Old
01-31-2013, 07:24 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Watched the Minnesota and Chicago game from the start of the 3rd period until the end. It's not often I'm on the edge of my seat watching a game that the Flyers aren't playing in.
I was, too. The league should distribute a video of the OT to all 28 other franchises and say, "See? This is how exciting we want overtime to be!"

The Toews SO goal was so subtly excellent. Quick move to avoid the poke and effortless slide through Backstrom's legs.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
That's what the kiddies want to see.

I play D too and the poke checks are beyond stupid in this game. They do more harm than good. The few times you get the Puck in the offensive zone (since simple passes are harder than 150 ft stretch passes) if you don't shoot it right away it's going the other way for a breakaway. They just really took the fun for me. It's hard to be creative in this game.
The pokes were bad last year. I'm not disputing that. But they went to the other side of the spectrum instead of finding (and adjusting) a balance. 12 was far from perfect but I played that game a he'll of a lot more.
Getting any offense short of a break and a shot is next to impossible. Guys have 0 acceleration, for instance if I get the puck with one of my guys skating backwards, it takes a good 5 seconds for me to stop skating and start skating forwards with any speed. The engine in this game is downright awful IMO. Offense is non-existent.

01-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/dshoalts/status/297016778649907200

Quote:
Greg Jamison is out as prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner. Someone is making attempts to put a new group together but it's a huge longshot.
The time is now, just move them out of Phoenix. This has been going on for way too long.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

CAR's Zach Boychuk has been claimed off waivers by PIT.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
https://twitter.com/dshoalts/status/297016778649907200

The time is now, just move them out of Phoenix. This has been going on for way too long.
I can't figure out what purpose PHX serves now. They're a money pit and the money they lose annually easily offsets whatever marginal benefit they provide during TV contract negotiations.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Ill be shocked if Phoenix moves so long as Bettman is the commish

Old
01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
SuchySays

Quote:
I keep buying it year after year even though I tell myself I'm done buying it. I think this next one coming up I finally might live up to my word. The people that make game are getting awful and lazy at making it. The rosters are always a joke after you wait for them to finally come out. Any player associated with Vancouver gets an automatic bump in ratings just on that alone.

well, we had to buy it this year. Giroux. wooo

I usually sell them in the summer for about 30-35 but i'm gonna hang on to it this time.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:10 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
I can't figure out what purpose PHX serves now. They're a money pit and the money they lose annually easily offsets whatever marginal benefit they provide during TV contract negotiations.
I wonder how this would impact an OEL offer sheet. Can you imagine the phone call after we extended a huge offer sheet between Bettman and Snider? lol

Closed Thread