HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

We've Been Out Of The Game For A While....Any Trade Rumors Or Speculation?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
We've Been Out Of The Game For A While....Any Trade Rumors Or Speculation?

As for my team, the Coyotes General Manager came on the local radio today and said he has already spoken to 8 teams regarding each other's needs.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
caley

Brian Burke said yesterday he didn't anticipate any trades happening this week.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Paralyzer008

Minor housekeeping stuff will likely occur

Luongo stuff will continue to be speculated

then there's Getzlaf, Perry, Iginla, Edler, Weiss, Evander Kane etc.

We will have rumors right off of the hop.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

I know GMs have been instructed to hold tight until the CBA has been ratified, but have they been allowed to talk the past few days about possible trades (or have they this whole time)? If they've put in the conversations prior to Wednesday, there could be some activity. If they're hitting the phones that day while dealing with a million other issues, I doubt many rosters change before the season starts.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
hlaverty06

I'd expect Lou to move one of our 8 NHL D for winger help

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Brian Burke said yesterday he didn't anticipate any trades happening this week.
Well you have to factor in that he lies to the media approximately 99% of the time.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Well you have to factor in that he lies to the media approximately 99% of the time.
No...he speaks technical truth 100% of the time (i.e. lawyer truth).

There will not be any trades this week. The CBA won't even be ratified before Saturday or Sunday.

Guy Boucher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Malkin to LA

for Doty and Kopidor.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Silfverberg Snipes

vCash: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I'd expect Lou to move one of our 8 NHL D for winger help
Every time I see a someone say Lou I automatically think Luongo. Always forget about the Devils GM.

Silfverberg Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Yes, isn't the Trade deadline coming up in about a month?

roready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

NHL teams told they remain in lockout mode until CBA is ratified. Union\league are chewing on transition rules. Some gm's annoyed at pace.
Quote:
__________‏@__________

@DarrenDreger do you expect any trades as soon as GMs can make them?
Quote:
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

@__________. Yes. I think it might be a busy and very interesting time. Can't make trades yet, though.
Twitter conversation between Dreger and I today.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
LeHaboholique

my speculation is the second the cba is Ratified Subban will be Signed long term

LeHaboholique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
my speculation is the second the cba is Ratified Subban will be Signed long term
to Toronto via offer sheet so as not to interfere with his real gig.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

i think the flyers will do something big. not sure what. Maybe make a push for Edler, or Subban or Perry.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Why is Edler suddenly being mentioned?

TheRollingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
lifeisruff

There is not much in terms of rumors

There was a rumor a while back that Luongo is going to Toronto after the lockout is lifted.

There is also another that some Europeans are going to try and stay in Europe or the KHL for the season.

Alex Elder is getting a lot of Hf boards play because it's unlikely the Canucks will resign him.

Evander Kane is also getting some hf boards play because he has pretty bad sense of PR (it's your classic, really good player, really thin excuse to talk about him in a trade)

There are a handful of good players who are still RFA's including Jamie Benn, Ryan O'Reily and PK Subban.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I think the CBA was supposed to be ratified Wednesday?

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
You would think the Islanders would be looking for another Dman since Visnovsky isn't coming back.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
As for my team, the Coyotes General Manager came on the local radio today and said he has already spoken to 8 teams regarding each other's needs.
Until the CBA is completed, and teams have a complete, comprehensive idea of it from front to back, I dont see any movement until then.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 10:48 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
Why is Edler suddenly being mentioned?
eh, idk. he's a UFA, we need D help badly... i figure that vancouver is already high up there in salary, and they have 4 defensemen signed long term... perhaps they'd entertain trading him if they decide they won't be able to resign him?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
eh, idk. he's a UFA, we need D help badly... i figure that vancouver is already high up there in salary, and they have 4 defensemen signed long term... perhaps they'd entertain trading him if they decide they won't be able to resign him?
I'm of the belief that Edler has no intentions of resigning in Vancouver. So Gillis needs to make a decision, and weight the pro's and con's of good asset management vs a potential cup run.

Not an easy choice to make, but I'm confident he'll make the right one and move Edler if he won't resign.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 11:08 PM
caley

Quote:

So, far for actual rumors we have.
-Luongo to Toronto as close or done deal. Also, everything else about Luongo (Not being traded, only wanting to be dealt to Florida, maybe bought out).
-That Winnipeg wants to move Evander Kane, based on bogus trade rumors from last summer and Kane being a dork who takes pictures of himself with stacks of cash while he and his union bros. are out of work.
-Edmonton making a "wow" trade at the end of the lock-out, per an Edmonton radio guy.
-Bruce Garrioch has Pittsburgh interested in re-acquiring Sergei Gonchar.

For speculation, there is actually something to look at for every single team:
-Anaheim has Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf on expiring contracts. If they're not interested in sticking around and Anaheim falls out of contention, would they be moved at the deadline. Also, is Bobby Ryan happy after last summer's trade rumors.
-Boston's Adam McQuaid is out long-term, Boston likely won't want to go with 2 rookies (Hamilton and Krug) on the blueline so they might be interested in another.
-Buffalo has a glut of defencemen (Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, Myers, Weber, Regehr, Sulzer, Pardy, McNabb) and will probably be interested in shaving money off their cap before next season.
-Calgary has a lot of defencemen (Wideman, Bouwmeester, Butler, Giordano, Sarich, Babchuk, D.Smith, B.Carson, T.Brodie) on their roster and might want to move one. Also their coach said he is bringing 30 players to camp because he wants lots of competition so veterans might hit the waiver wire.
-Carolina will likely add another forward.
-Chicago also has a large glut of defencemen (Seabrook, Keith, Oduya, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Brookbank, Rozsival, Montador, Olsen and Clendenning (the latter of whom has looked really good in the AHL)) and will likely want to move one.
-Colorado has the ongoing Ryan O'Reilly saga (Unsigned, might be ticked off at Avalanche low-balling him, all conjecture at this point).
-Columbus is likely in rebuild mode and still don't look to me like a team with enough Top 6 forwards.
-Dallas has Jamie Benn unsigned. I know a lot of Oilers' fans have a pipe dream of him being disgruntled and being traded to Edmonton, though somehow not for any of Hall, Eberle, Schultz, RNH or Yakupov.
-Detroit still has a pretty sketchy defence and a glut of forwards (Emmerton, Abdelkader, Eaves (if healthy), Totoo, Miller, Mursak, Tatar, Nyquist, Brunner all competing for 3-4 spots).
-Edmonton likely has to add a tough veteran defenceman with Andy Sutton likely having to retire.
-Florida has Dmitry Kulikov as an unsigned RFA to go along with the ongoing Luongo saga.
-LA has Anze Kopitar out with a minor injury and, by my count, way too many NHL-calibre forwards (I'm counting 16 with legitimate NHL experience/qualifications).
-Minnesota has a lot of rookie forwards looking to crack the roster and not a lot of free slots. Also, they have to monitor Josh Harding's coping with MS.
-Montreal will be without Petteri Nokelainen to start camp, has PK Subban unsigned, the whole Scott Gomez issue (Their GM said he's a part of the team, so no buy-outs yet), and are said to be high on 2012 First Round pick Alex Galchenyuk and will have to make room in their Top 6 should he make the team.
-Nashville is believed to be interested in adding another forward and a defenceman. Also, you have Sergei Kostitsyn previously saying he wants to stay in Russia, so that will have to be dealt with.
-New Jersey has a surplus of NHL defencemen (Salvador, Greene, Tallinder, Volchenkov, Zidlicky, Fayne, Harrold, and Larsson) and a rather weak looking forward lineup.
-Islanders have the aforementioned Visnovsky situation and will have to gauge whether Rick DiPietro is healthy enough to back up Nabokov.
-Rangers have Michael Del Zotto unsigned and the whole Wade Redden making $6+ million in the minors thing.
-Ottawa is really thin on the blueline with Jared Cowen out for the season, and Mike Lundin currently hurt with an injury. Also, there's the Gonchar rumor.
-Philaldelphia was rumored to be interested in another defenceman all summer long. And are they really going with Mike Leighton as their back-up?
-Phoenix is developing a glut of defencemen with Yandle, Michalek, OEL, Klesla, Morris, Schlemko, Rundblad, Summers and Gormley.
-Pittsburgh has the Gonchar rumors, as well as a deep pool of prospects on defence (Bortuzzo, Strait, Despres, Sneep, Morrow, Samuelsson, Dumoulin, Matta, Pouliot, Harrington) and may want to start making space for them to come up.
-San Jose has a handful of unsigned depth RFAs (Sheppard, Kennedy, Petrecki) and a seeming glut on defence with Boyle, Stuart, Burns, Vlasic, Murray, Braun, Demers. Personally, I also feel like they're one Top 9 forward short.
-St. Louis has a lot of forwards under contract (15 with significant NHL experience by my count, as well as 203 rookies possibly ready to jump in) and look to be maybe a Top 6 defenceman short.
-Tampa's a total mystery to me as it looks like they have 18-19 forwards who could be on their NHL roster and 10-12 defencemen, as well.
-Toronto has the ongoing Luongo mess, an unsigned Cody Franson, a weak goaltending tandem (Sorry folks, until I see James Reimer back in 2010-11 form, I'm not sold), and an injured Jake Gardiner to deal with.
-Vancouver has the Luongo saga, an injured and possibly disgruntled Ryan Kesler to deal with (Team says he's close to being back, his agent says he'll more likely be back close to the playoffs, and a Vancouver Province writer speculates their may be dischord between him and Vigneault), and a handful of players making too much money for what they bring to the team (Booth, Raymond, Ballard).
-Washington has the new wrinkle of Tom Poti thinking he'll be medically-cleared which is a drag on the cap ($2.9 million owed this year) if he's healthy but not good; and a spot needing to be cleared if he's healthy and able. Also, you end up with 8-9 NHL defencemen on the roster.
-Winnipeg has the (quite possibly made-up) Kane saga to deal with, as well as an injury to Zach Bogosian.

So, it should be an interesting couple of weeks coming up.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

So, far for actual rumors we have.
-Luongo to Toronto as close or done deal. Also, everything else about Luongo (Not being traded, only wanting to be dealt to Florida, maybe bought out).
-That Winnipeg wants to move Evander Kane, based on bogus trade rumors from last summer and Kane being a dork who takes pictures of himself with stacks of cash while he and his union bros. are out of work.
-Edmonton making a "wow" trade at the end of the lock-out, per an Edmonton radio guy.
-Bruce Garrioch has Pittsburgh interested in re-acquiring Sergei Gonchar.

For speculation, there is actually something to look at for every single team:
-Anaheim has Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf on expiring contracts. If they're not interested in sticking around and Anaheim falls out of contention, would they be moved at the deadline. Also, is Bobby Ryan happy after last summer's trade rumors.
-Boston's Adam McQuaid is out long-term, Boston likely won't want to go with 2 rookies (Hamilton and Krug) on the blueline so they might be interested in another.
-Buffalo has a glut of defencemen (Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera, Myers, Weber, Regehr, Sulzer, Pardy, McNabb) and will probably be interested in shaving money off their cap before next season.
-Calgary has a lot of defencemen (Wideman, Bouwmeester, Butler, Giordano, Sarich, Babchuk, D.Smith, B.Carson, T.Brodie) on their roster and might want to move one. Also their coach said he is bringing 30 players to camp because he wants lots of competition so veterans might hit the waiver wire.
-Carolina will likely add another forward.
-Chicago also has a large glut of defencemen (Seabrook, Keith, Oduya, Hjalmarsson, Leddy, Brookbank, Rozsival, Montador, Olsen and Clendenning (the latter of whom has looked really good in the AHL)) and will likely want to move one.
-Colorado has the ongoing Ryan O'Reilly saga (Unsigned, might be ticked off at Avalanche low-balling him, all conjecture at this point).
-Columbus is likely in rebuild mode and still don't look to me like a team with enough Top 6 forwards.
-Dallas has Jamie Benn unsigned. I know a lot of Oilers' fans have a pipe dream of him being disgruntled and being traded to Edmonton, though somehow not for any of Hall, Eberle, Schultz, RNH or Yakupov.
-Detroit still has a pretty sketchy defence and a glut of forwards (Emmerton, Abdelkader, Eaves (if healthy), Totoo, Miller, Mursak, Tatar, Nyquist, Brunner all competing for 3-4 spots).
-Edmonton likely has to add a tough veteran defenceman with Andy Sutton likely having to retire.
-Florida has Dmitry Kulikov as an unsigned RFA to go along with the ongoing Luongo saga.
-LA has Anze Kopitar out with a minor injury and, by my count, way too many NHL-calibre forwards (I'm counting 16 with legitimate NHL experience/qualifications).
-Minnesota has a lot of rookie forwards looking to crack the roster and not a lot of free slots. Also, they have to monitor Josh Harding's coping with MS.
-Montreal will be without Petteri Nokelainen to start camp, has PK Subban unsigned, the whole Scott Gomez issue (Their GM said he's a part of the team, so no buy-outs yet), and are said to be high on 2012 First Round pick Alex Galchenyuk and will have to make room in their Top 6 should he make the team.
-Nashville is believed to be interested in adding another forward and a defenceman. Also, you have Sergei Kostitsyn previously saying he wants to stay in Russia, so that will have to be dealt with.
-New Jersey has a surplus of NHL defencemen (Salvador, Greene, Tallinder, Volchenkov, Zidlicky, Fayne, Harrold, and Larsson) and a rather weak looking forward lineup.
-Islanders have the aforementioned Visnovsky situation and will have to gauge whether Rick DiPietro is healthy enough to back up Nabokov.
-Rangers have Michael Del Zotto unsigned and the whole Wade Redden making $6+ million in the minors thing.
-Ottawa is really thin on the blueline with Jared Cowen out for the season, and Mike Lundin currently hurt with an injury. Also, there's the Gonchar rumor.
-Philaldelphia was rumored to be interested in another defenceman all summer long. And are they really going with Mike Leighton as their back-up?
-Phoenix is developing a glut of defencemen with Yandle, Michalek, OEL, Klesla, Morris, Schlemko, Rundblad, Summers and Gormley.
-Pittsburgh has the Gonchar rumors, as well as a deep pool of prospects on defence (Bortuzzo, Strait, Despres, Sneep, Morrow, Samuelsson, Dumoulin, Matta, Pouliot, Harrington) and may want to start making space for them to come up.
-San Jose has a handful of unsigned depth RFAs (Sheppard, Kennedy, Petrecki) and a seeming glut on defence with Boyle, Stuart, Burns, Vlasic, Murray, Braun, Demers. Personally, I also feel like they're one Top 9 forward short.
-St. Louis has a lot of forwards under contract (15 with significant NHL experience by my count, as well as 203 rookies possibly ready to jump in) and look to be maybe a Top 6 defenceman short.
-Tampa's a total mystery to me as it looks like they have 18-19 forwards who could be on their NHL roster and 10-12 defencemen, as well.
-Toronto has the ongoing Luongo mess, an unsigned Cody Franson, a weak goaltending tandem (Sorry folks, until I see James Reimer back in 2010-11 form, I'm not sold), and an injured Jake Gardiner to deal with.
-Vancouver has the Luongo saga, an injured and possibly disgruntled Ryan Kesler to deal with (Team says he's close to being back, his agent says he'll more likely be back close to the playoffs, and a Vancouver Province writer speculates their may be dischord between him and Vigneault), and a handful of players making too much money for what they bring to the team (Booth, Raymond, Ballard).
-Washington has the new wrinkle of Tom Poti thinking he'll be medically-cleared which is a drag on the cap ($2.9 million owed this year) if he's healthy but not good; and a spot needing to be cleared if he's healthy and able. Also, you end up with 8-9 NHL defencemen on the roster.
-Winnipeg has the (quite possibly made-up) Kane saga to deal with, as well as an injury to Zach Bogosian.
Holy Response.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:49 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

We could see quite the trading frenzy, however it'd be very hard on the players seeing as they wouldn't have time to get their families settled.

01-08-2013, 03:13 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Who says he's lying? Considering the CBA still has to be ratified, there probably won't be any trades this week. He said nothing about beyond that however.

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote