HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

NCAA Clearinghouse

Old
01-07-2013, 03:45 AM
edwardla
Rookie User

vCash: 500
NCAA Clearinghouse

I read Frank Vatrano didn't "pass" the clearinghouse.... what does that mean?
Who has seen him play and shot the puck? I heard he has a cannon.

edwardla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Slowe

The clearinghouse is the part of the NCAA that reviews a student's eligibility for scholarships. That can involve issues with grades, educational requirements, or issues of amateur violations.

As for what the issue was, unless there is more info it could be a wide variety. Simple issue of poor grades would have been known up front I'd guess. I've heard some athletes get tripped up because of questionable "summer classes" that don't quite meet standards. Amateur violations can be weird. Nick Kerdiles was dinged for a suspension partially because of allegations an agent paid for plane tickets.

If he returned to the EJHL then it means it's something that can hopefully be resolved, maybe by taking another class or something. Unless he goes to the CHL, he'll be back.

Slowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
edwardla
Rookie User

thanks for the info. yes, Vatrano is slated to go to BU in the fall, but has a year of Juniors left, may do USHL, probably a better move for him to develop more

edwardla is offline   Reply With Quote