HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs own several NHL-ready prospects at minor league level

Old
01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Toronto Maple Leafs own several NHL-ready prospects at minor league level

The Toronto Maple Leafs' cupboard is no longer bare, though it is certainly lacking high caliber offensive forwards. In previous years, the Leafs have been known to make rash signings and trades, paying little to no attention to the quality and continuity of their pipeline. They renewed their focus on drafting and development several ago and are only now slowly beginning to reap the benefits.

The strength of the Leafs' system is depth, with a number of players ready for NHL roles. Goaltenders Jussi Rynnas and Ben Scrivens played fantastic for the North Division-leading Marlies and both will likely see time with the Leafs this year.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:20 PM
darrylsittler27

Don't take this wrong but...

The cupboard isn't as full as it should be either.Depth players who may or may not make it.

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:25 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

And that exclusive to the Leafs? Honestly, people around here have a grass is greener attitude. Put Leafs prospects on another team and people would have no problem with them.

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:29 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
And that exclusive to the Leafs? Honestly, people around here have a grass is greener attitude. Put Leafs prospects on another team and people would have no problem with them.
We have NHL players, we don't have star prospects just lots of 3rd liners. Log jam of guys who all play at similar level.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:35 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
We have NHL players, we don't have star prospects just lots of 3rd liners. Log jam of guys who all play at similar level.
Lots of teams do. Rarely are the star prospects in the minors these days. Don't know too many teams that have stacked minor teams. Also, the Marlies got to the Calder with legitimate minor leaguers for the most part, not career AHL Crosbys like other teams.

Silly me, I thought Morgan Rielly was an elite prospect. This is what I'm talking about. And they are prospects who aren't in the NHL so how do you know they are third liners?

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:44 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Lots of teams do. Rarely are the star prospects in the minors these days. Don't know too many teams that have stacked minor teams. Also, the Marlies got to the Calder with legitimate minor leaguers for the most part, not career AHL Crosbys like other teams.

Silly me, I thought Morgan Rielly was an elite prospect. This is what I'm talking about. And they are prospects who aren't in the NHL so how do you know they are third liners?
The next batch heading to the A look better so far. Reilly is legit

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote