HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 panthers training camp thread

Old
01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Garrison's effectiveness basically disappeared after the first 20 games of last season. Once teams started focusing on not letting campbell set him up, he fell off a cliff and eventually was replaced on the #1 PP unit

also why hasnt huberdeau arrived yet?
slightly nicked at world juniors...will practice tommorow.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
They must score by committee. Rely on defense to help score. Score on the powerplay. Same as last year.

Except, our main powerplay weapon is gone. 52.
also a full season of upshall may prove valuable

Old
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johano90 View Post
A few thoughts from today's camp:

As has been reported elsewhere, Mueller and Kovalev had an open slot on the LW which is being saved for Huberdeau. Kovalev was alright, didn't look too slow and his skills were definitely up to par. Mueller was not as noteworthy as when I saw him last week.The Weiss line didn't really stand out. It seemed like some chemistry was lacking and Weiss was coughing on the ice...

Upshall - Matthias - Kopecky, pleasantly surprised with Uppy and Matthias, Kopecky was nearly invisible and missed several shot opportunities. Their line brought forth the only goal, a real garbage goal off a broken play. I thought Matthias got it but apparently it was Caruso.

Rheult - Shore - Howden, it could tell these guys played together. During drills they were fantastic, barely got any playing time during the scrimmage. I was watching them do 3 on 2s on the Markstrom ice and out of 20-25 attempts between the Shore line, Matthias line, and Weiss line, the Shore line had 3 out of 4 goals - Marky was outstanding. Rheault either had 2 or 3 of his line's goals... Howden got chewed out by Dineen during the scrimmage.

Svatos - Santorelli - Wright. Wright surprised me actually, he looked pretty good out there. Strong skater, good hands. Santorelli made some really horrible plays. He whiffed on his first shot, a wrist shot... Missed passes, etc. But then he really picked up his skating and looked decent during the scrimmage. Svatos was largely invisible and looked like he didn't want to be there.

Did I forget anyone?

The D were as you would expect. Definitely better than the forwards during the scrimmage as the score was 1-0. Caruso stood out, but not always in a good way. He really can't pass the puck... He's essentially the antithesis of Campbell's passing. He has a good shot though... Weaver was solid. Kuba looked a little bit uncomfortable playing with Campbell but I guess it's the first day...

Goalies were great, especially Markstrom. He didn't get to play during the scrimmage at all and looked to be really frustrated talking to Tallas...

Is this more of a "looked invisible" type assessment or "looked okay/normal/solid" type assessment. I don't know about you guys, but expectations should be fairly high for this guy, who is supposedly 100% and feeling great.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I liked Mueller

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:41 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
@CanadiensMTL: Canadiens acquire defenseman Jason DeSantis from the Florida Panthers in return for Brendon Nash. DETAILS -> http://t.co/ZtWNhH7t

Edit: Apparently it was announced because the two were already dealt for each other in the AHL.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
@CanadiensMTL: Canadiens acquire defenseman Jason DeSantis from the Florida Panthers in return for Brendon Nash. DETAILS -> http://t.co/ZtWNhH7t

Edit: Apparently it was announced because the two were already dealt for each other in the AHL.
Yeah it was already done at the AHL level but had to wait at the NHL level till the CBA/MOU were signed. Keep in mind that Nash is a RFA at yrs end and DeSantis would have been an UFA. Also cost $30K less in salary this yr for the Rampage to have Nash over DeSantis.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
AaronEkbald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I liked Mueller
If he can stay healthy.. I wouldn't mind seeing him shoot the puck at least 5 times a game.

AaronEkbald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Boooooth10

http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Some videos from today's practice. Includes some interviews too.

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
AaronEkbald

Check out Mueller's flow.

AaronEkbald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Some videos from today's practice. Includes some interviews too.
Thx for the link!

Old
01-14-2013, 09:06 PM
johano90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Is this more of a "looked invisible" type assessment or "looked okay/normal/solid" type assessment. I don't know about you guys, but expectations should be fairly high for this guy, who is supposedly 100% and feeling great.
When I went to one of their informal practices I thought Mueller was the best player on the ice... Today he just looked ok. But I'll give him and Kovalev a break because they apparently played with a different guy almost every shift since Huberdeau wasn't dressed.

Also, I forgot to mention, but I thought the Skille - Smithson - Parros line was the best line on the ice. They weren't physical but had instant chemistry and potted some nice goals. I can only imagine how effective they will be once they get their hitting game on.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:06 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
When I went to one of their informal practices I thought Mueller was the best player on the ice... Today he just looked ok. But I'll give him and Kovalev a break because they apparently played with a different guy almost every shift since Huberdeau wasn't dressed.

Also, I forgot to mention, but I thought the Skille - Smithson - Parros line was the best line on the ice. They weren't physical but had instant chemistry and potted some nice goals. I can only imagine how effective they will be once they get their hitting game on.
Our PSS line...

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Paululator

Goaltending

I am interested in your goaltending for fantasy.

Who is expected to be the number one?

Theodore obviously played the lions share of games last season, and clemmenson didnt, but is there a chance that clemmenson can out play theodore? Sounds like Markstrom is looking good in camp, is there a chance he can crack the line up, or even play his way into number one, or is he all but guaranteed to go get sent down to the A?

Thanks in advance

Paululator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Knightmare

Quote:
A few thoughts from today's camp:

As has been reported elsewhere, Mueller and Kovalev had an open slot on the LW which is being saved for Huberdeau. Kovalev was alright, didn't look too slow and his skills were definitely up to par. Mueller was not as noteworthy as when I saw him last week.

The Weiss line didn't really stand out. It seemed like some chemistry was lacking and Weiss was coughing on the ice...

Upshall - Matthias - Kopecky, pleasantly surprised with Uppy and Matthias, Kopecky was nearly invisible and missed several shot opportunities. Their line brought forth the only goal, a real garbage goal off a broken play. I thought Matthias got it but apparently it was Caruso.

Rheult - Shore - Howden, it could tell these guys played together. During drills they were fantastic, barely got any playing time during the scrimmage. I was watching them do 3 on 2s on the Markstrom ice and out of 20-25 attempts between the Shore line, Matthias line, and Weiss line, the Shore line had 3 out of 4 goals - Marky was outstanding. Rheault either had 2 or 3 of his line's goals... Howden got chewed out by Dineen during the scrimmage.

Svatos - Santorelli - Wright. Wright surprised me actually, he looked pretty good out there. Strong skater, good hands. Santorelli made some really horrible plays. He whiffed on his first shot, a wrist shot... Missed passes, etc. But then he really picked up his skating and looked decent during the scrimmage. Svatos was largely invisible and looked like he didn't want to be there.

Did I forget anyone?

The D were as you would expect. Definitely better than the forwards during the scrimmage as the score was 1-0. Caruso stood out, but not always in a good way. He really can't pass the puck... He's essentially the antithesis of Campbell's passing. He has a good shot though... Weaver was solid. Kuba looked a little bit uncomfortable playing with Campbell but I guess it's the first day...

Goalies were great, especially Markstrom. He didn't get to play during the scrimmage at all and looked to be really frustrated talking to Tallas...
So Mueller is practicing as a center?

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paululator View Post
I am interested in your goaltending for fantasy.

Who is expected to be the number one?

Theodore obviously played the lions share of games last season, and clemmenson didnt, but is there a chance that clemmenson can out play theodore? Sounds like Markstrom is looking good in camp, is there a chance he can crack the line up, or even play his way into number one, or is he all but guaranteed to go get sent down to the A?

Thanks in advance
The situation is the same as last year.
Theodore #1, Clemmensen backup, Markstrom AHL.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:21 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

PARROS????????

That 11-88-27 line sounds so nasty! To go with 14-9-32?

Twiddily D, Twiddily Dum, LOOK OUT BABY CUZ HERE WE COME

GET READY!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:51 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
So Mueller is practicing as a center?
Yes, until Goc is ready Dineen is trying Huber-Mueller-Kovelev as the second line.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
The situation is the same as last year.
Theodore #1, Clemmensen backup, Markstrom AHL.
So I shouldnt have drafted Markstrom as my 3rd goalie instead of Lindback? Whoops.

Oh well guess I'll drop him for Theo.

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:58 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

I really like that 2nd line of huby-Mueller-Kovalev it sounds a lot better than last year's. If that line works out and then goc and eventually bergenheim come back healthy, we can very easily roll 3 scoring lines.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Jovo not skating today..?

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:39 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Jovo not skating today..?
George Richards‏@GeorgeRichards

#FlaPanthers D Ed Jovanovski didn't work out today just because; Dineen says he is fine

Old
01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
George Richards‏@GeorgeRichards

#FlaPanthers D Ed Jovanovski didn't work out today just because; Dineen says he is fine
GR forgot #oldasadinosaur from that tweet.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
GR forgot #oldasadinosaur from that tweet.
or flat tire in wheelchair.

guy is so nice. bumped into him saturday, he will stay and talk to you as long as you wish. just an aside.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:18 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
So is it essentially a lock at this point that Kovalev makes the team?

I feel like Dineen is playing him only on the 2nd line because he knows we won't use him anywhere else. I really hope he works out. Kovalev was one of my favorite players growing up and I still have a soft spot for him.

It would also make my old old old username relevant as well (KovalevPantherFan)

JonathanHuberdoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
RainingRats

Santos said that Santorelli had a bad year last year because he started off with a shoulder injury and never really got back into the swing of things. Anyone who goes to practice, can you tell me how he's looked? We're going to need him to play well and he could help in the shootouts and maybe pot some goals.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote