HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 panthers training camp thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
  #176
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
So figure on Wright, Caruso & Petrovic going back to San Antonio gets us done to 24 that means gotta figure out 1 roster spot huh?
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

With Svatos released, Goc and Bergenheim starting on IR, #FlaPanthers roster at 25. Gudbranson makes that 24. So few moves remaining.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
  #177
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Love the optimism G4P, but we watches two different scrimmages last night

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:37 PM
  #178
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
I could see them IR'ing Guds as well and only needing to clear one more roster spot. In that case, Wright comes to SA after he clears and voila...you're at 23.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
  #179
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Love the optimism G4P, but we watches two different scrimmages last night
I remember being so optimistic after the Rampage had their preseason scrimmage. The final score was something like 7-6 and I was really happy with the offense.

Well, we see how that all turned out...

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
  #180
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I'll remind everyone again, roster spots are all well and good but gotta still clear a contract off the books to have Kovalev on the roster. Gotta pray someone claims Santorelli at this point.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
  #181
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Svatos looked like he was really trying hard in the scrimmage, but I'm not completely shocked that he was cut. Interesting to see which of the ones left fighting for jobs do make the cut though. With Weaver possibly out and the defense so thin at the moment, it feels strange to know that Caruso and Petrovic may be on the Opening Night roster.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
  #182
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'll remind everyone again, roster spots are all well and good but gotta still clear a contract off the books to have Kovalev on the roster. Gotta pray someone claims Santorelli at this point.
Or...they sign Kovalev now to that 50th NHL contract and worry about dropping someone if/when Kulikov decides to sign.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
  #183
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator
 
Boothinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,037
vCash: 50
Did Kovalev sign a one year deal with Florida?? I just read that...

Boothinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:45 PM
  #184
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 50
Is there a practice or a scrimmage tommorow ?

I can't find a camp schedule online.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:46 PM
  #185
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Yes the Leafs have placed Connolly on waivers, if noone picks him up by noon tomorrow he will be bought out and anyone can sign him. I don't recommend the Panthers signing him as a Leafs and Panthers fan Connolly was horrible he's very injury prone. Here is a link to the article and a list of other players by other teams who were placed on waivers, I was really surprised to see Irving and Karlsson both young goalies by the Flames placed on waivers they can be future backups to Markstrom one day, and can make good backups even maybe push Markstrom for the starting role one day

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413760

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
  #186
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Did Kovalev sign a one year deal with Florida?? I just read that...
All i saw was many EXPECTING one to be signed today; no one yet stating it has occurred.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
  #187
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Yes the Leafs have placed Connolly on waivers, if noone picks him up by noon tomorrow he will be bought out and anyone can sign him. I don't recommend the Panthers signing him as a Leafs and Panthers fan Connolly was horrible he's very injury prone. Here is a link to the article and a list of other players by other teams who were placed on waivers, I was really surprised to see Irving and Karlsson both young goalies by the Flames placed on waivers they can be future backups to Markstrom one day, and can make good backups even maybe push Markstrom for the starting role one day

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413760
Just to confirm, they put him on waivers, but NOT with the intention to buy him out. He will not be a free agent.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
  #188
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Is there a practice or a scrimmage tommorow ?

I can't find a camp schedule online.
Yes they will be practicing tomorrow in Sunrise instead of at the Iceplex. Open to the public, free admission.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:35 PM
  #189
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Some camp thoughts...

Keaton Ellerby - IMO he is ready for a full time spot in our top 6, soon top 4. He's looked great all camp, very promising. Really reminds me so much of the package Bouw used to bring to us.

Marek Svatos - As much as people have been hyping up Kovalev because of the obvious skill he brings, I think Svatos has been as good. He seems to work very hard, has great hands and could be a really good player. I see him playing somewhere on this team, at least I hope he does.

Filip Kuba - I read some people disappointed in his play.. I disagree with that. He's got a quiet game, makes simple plays, solid defensively. Definitely a good guy to have back there.

Peter Mueller - Best way to describe him is a poor mans Nathan Horton. Not quite the hands Horton had, but a similar shot, big but not necessarily a power forward, I like him..

James Wright - Shawn Matthias 2.0

Top line - They are moving the puck sharply IMO..

Overall what I saw in the scrimmage is going to happen a lot for the start of the season.. Players will be dumping pucks in, but there won't be top much of a forechecking. Gonna be a lot of energy conservation.

Oh yeah, Gudbranson is getting big!
I think all Ellerby needs is playing time. He played pretty well last year when he got regular playing time due to injuries.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:25 PM
  #190
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe
 
Blad Meaning Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great8Cam View Post
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Worst case scenario they get something done short term, just don't see him as a holdout type, plus he hasn't done anything to warrant huge $$$.. I'd bet he's signed by midweek the latest.

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:41 PM
  #191
jbean
Registered User
 
jbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
I need help from Panther fans! Would it be wise to drop Markstrom, or does he have a shot at getting a decent amount of games in relatively soon?

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
  #192
Knightmare
Registered User
 
Knightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SoFla
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
I need help from Panther fans! Would it be wise to drop Markstrom, or does he have a shot at getting a decent amount of games in relatively soon?
Are you talking about fantasy? Drop him- he wont have a significant role here for at least another year, barring injury to Theo/Clemmer. (Or their game suddenly goes to hell.)

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:51 PM
  #193
jbean
Registered User
 
jbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
Are you talking about fantasy? Drop him- he wont have a significant role here for at least another year, barring injury to Theo/Clemmer. (Or their game suddenly goes to hell.)
Yup sorry that's what I meant. thanks for the advice though

jbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
  #194
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Markstrom plays alot like Giguere. Similar "turtle" posture, plays smaller than he really is and even has the chest protector that extends to the top of his head.
Big difference being... Markie is athletic

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
  #195
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Svatos looked like he was really trying hard in the scrimmage, but I'm not completely shocked that he was cut. Interesting to see which of the ones left fighting for jobs do make the cut though. With Weaver possibly out and the defense so thin at the moment, it feels strange to know that Caruso and Petrovic may be on the Opening Night roster.
Can you give me more info about Marek's current shape? My team just signed him and I'm not sure if he will be an asset (especially with tough playoffs coming) after such a long break. Peter Budaj said that he saw him during training and that he was back to his former self but apparently the Panthers disagreed.

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
  #196
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Can you give me more info about Marek's current shape? My team just signed him and I'm not sure if he will be an asset (especially with tough playoffs coming) after such a long break. Peter Budaj said that he saw him during training and that he was back to his former self but apparently the Panthers disagreed.
From what I saw, he looked to be in decent shape. Kovalev just happened to beat him to a spot. I wish him luck across the pond

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:53 AM
  #197
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
From what I saw, he looked to be in decent shape. Kovalev just happened to beat him to a spot. I wish him luck across the pond
Thanks, we desperately need a scorer for the play-offs and if he's really back to his former self, KHL could serve as a good restart for his career. By the way, if you want to see him play, he will play for Slovan Bratislava this Saturday against Severstal Cherepovets (5th and 6th team in the Western Conference, a crucial match).

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:58 AM
  #198
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Thanks, we desperately need a scorer for the play-offs and if he's really back to his former self, KHL could serve as a good restart for his career. By the way, if you want to see him play, he will play for Slovan Bratislava this Saturday against Severstal Cherepovets (5th and 6th team in the Western Conference, a crucial match).
My mom is from his hometown, kosice. I never got a chance to tell him that the one practice I went to he was already cut. Obviously Ill be rooting for him.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.