HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIV

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
trytobe

vCash: 500
pretty easy to forget that jensen is only 19. i too think the best thing for him next season is the AHL where we can give him his cup of coffee at the NHL level. i feel like being around the sedins will do wonders for his maturity. passion for winning and anger after a blowout loss, like others have said, are positives for me, but he still needs to learn to channel that appropriately, not at his own teammate.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:41 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Im all for him in the AHL next season, but am I wrong when I say he still won't be eligible?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnawer View Post
Well... I'm only reporting to why Jensen's not in the line-up. And that it's (probably) due to attitude issues against other teammates. If you guys are ok with it, well then it's no harm done I guess...
Most fans on this site love their teams' prospects unconditionally, or at the very least, have a severe bias. This is fine and is part of what makes this site great (and also terrible!).

Old
02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Im all for him in the AHL next season, but am I wrong when I say he still won't be eligible?
He will be eligible next season as he turns 20 this year.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
He will be eligible next season as he turns 20 this year.
That's good news... Dunno why I was of the impression the age was 21...

Old
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
edler von real gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
Nobody really knows exactly what happened. Goalie could've been out partying the previous night or Maybe the goalie was laughing after the loss. I know Jensen wasn't happy after losing to Canada in the WJC and seeing his teammates clowning it up.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Hodgy

What we do know is that the coach wasn't happy with Jensen and must have considered him to be in the wrong. This would seem to be a reasonable conclusion if Jensen was the only player to be scratched.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Epimetheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
What we do know is that the coach wasn't happy with Jensen and must have considered him to be in the wrong. This would seem to be a reasonable conclusion if Jensen was the only player to be scratched.
Of course he is benched.Coaches don't like to see their young guys having arguments with goalies.If some older guy or a captain did it,he would be on the ice.

On the other hand,we don't really know what happened there so the situation could be much worse that we think it is.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Wisp

quit making excuses when you don't have to. He's 19 and no one is perfect.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Catamarca Livin

Another factor is that Jensen is a rental player, maybe the goalie is not. Who you going to make an example of?

Old
02-13-2013, 02:12 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
There's a wide range of attitude issues. If he was benched for treating coaches like crap or being entitled or lazy or a million other things then I would probably take an issue with it, but this doesn't really concern me that much.
This exactly. There are a lot of attitude issues we don't want to deal with here. Hating to lose, isn't one of them.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Hielo Grande

Somehow I don't see this going down too well with Schneider or Luongo (or whoever second goaler happens to be) when either of them get lit up -- as happens once in a while.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:53 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielo Grande View Post
Somehow I don't see this going down too well with Schneider or Luongo (or whoever second goaler happens to be) when either of them get lit up -- as happens once in a while.
Do you see him saying that to a player of their calibur though? I don't think so.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielo Grande View Post
I think that we have a strong enough leadership core (Sedins, Bieksa, Luongo if he's still here) and many others which I hope Jensen will come to respect and through this respect they will temper his overfrustration with losing. It's not the worse thing in the world to be over competitive, better than him being someone who parties too hard or something. If we surround him with the right people and don't thrust him into a leadership role right away I would be very confident that this won't be an issue at the NHL level.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:49 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Since we know Gillis and Gilman were also scouting the NCAA, I figure now is a good time to take about NCAA free agents this season. (Canucks Scouts were also at UND-WIS this weekend, but I assumed that was for LaBate).

I've gotten a good look at Antoine Laganiere this season and I'd say he is amongst my top free agent this season, along with Andrej Sustr and Nate Schmidt. I'd also add Ryan Walters to my list of wants!

Laganiere definitely fits into the mold Gillis has been trending towards, a package of skill, speed and size. He covers a lot of ice in little time, seem him breakaway and drive to the net quite often. Also, with the system Yale plays, He is very aggressive on the forecheck and has thrown some strong hits along the boards. When you combine all of this with his hands, you can see why the Canucks first invited him to camp and why they are scouting him now in person. He is the player we'd want Beattie to become at the end of his 4 years.

Not that high on Zengrele anymore. Looked invisible in most of the games I've seen this season. Just doesn't create much and looks much less dynamic than he was when Schultz was there. TBH, the last couple games I watched, LaBate and Lee and Mersch looked much better than Zengrele.

Another FA I liked was Spiro Goulakos, but unfortunately he was just diagnosed with cancer. So I don't know what to do with that. He is definitely a very noticeable player for Colgate, solid defensively, can skate very well, very mobile, and has a high level of offensive awareness. The PP with and without him is stark. Hopefully he can recover and return next year?
Hey feebster, you have any thoughts on Rylan Schwartz, Jaden's brother?

Old
02-13-2013, 03:55 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Not good news on Jensen but without the whole story it's hard to know what to think but clearly the team felt it was on Jensen.

One thing I'll say is that if Jensen hates people that don't care if they lose he'd have punched out half the Edmonton roster if he was there.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Not good news on Jensen but without the whole story it's hard to know what to think but clearly the team felt it was on Jensen.

One thing I'll say is that if Jensen hates people that don't care if they lose he'd have punched out half the Edmonton roster if he was there.
Imagine a reality show where he and Jay Bouwmeester share an apartment?

Old
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Jensen and Bouwmeester, MMA showdown. Cage fight.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Hielo Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Do you see him saying that to a player of their calibur though? I don't think so.
I agree. He likely wouldn't have the chance even if he wanted to. My point was that any goalie can have a bad game and if an upstart 19 year old were to accuse him of not trying he would not be appreciated. He should be benched. Of course none of this has been confirmed so ...

Old
02-13-2013, 05:47 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Wonder how that argument with the goalie started. Not great to hear this but at least you know he's a competitor and hates to lose... eh, not going to make a big deal out of this.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:57 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
CSI NYI

Jensen is traded to the Islanders. Snow and Wang's bodies are found washed up on a beach 1 day later.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:19 PM
RunYouOutOfTheRink
Unregistered User

I'm betting it went down like in Moneyball: Jensen walks into the lockeroom after the loss, to see the goalie stripping to music and Little cheering him on. Jensen goes all "Is losing fun? This is what losing sounds like" then walks out and smashed something - in this case, something belonging to the coach. That is why he sits.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:25 PM
AndyPipkin

I'd rather the kid be firey then lazy.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Epimetheus

Another bad day at the office for Honzik.Allowed 4 goals on 24 shots.His team lost 9-1,they suck reall bad.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
timw33

Gaunce 1A tonight.

Closed Thread