HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIV

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
Looks like Kuzma is trying to pump Ebbett's tires again.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Verviticus

Wasn't Jensen the kid who tried to stop his team from goofing off at the wjc? I vaguely remember him involved but not in trouble

Old
02-14-2013, 12:15 AM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Looks like Kuzma is trying to pump Ebbett's tires again.
"I thought I had some good shifts and penalty kills and kind of got the confidence back up

No Ebbett.... you suck on the PK.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:44 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw99 View Post
"I thought I had some good shifts and penalty kills and kind of got the confidence back up

No Ebbett.... you suck on the PK.
I'd be interested to know what the Wolves' PK % was before and after the lockout - I think it would be very telling...

Wonder what AV thinks of Arniel now after he told him Ebbett was their best player, and then finding out Schroeder is better instead.

Last edited by vanuck: 02-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
What we do know is that the coach wasn't happy with Jensen and must have considered him to be in the wrong. This would seem to be a reasonable conclusion if Jensen was the only player to be scratched.
Or the coach doesn't want to upset his best player and his starting goalie, both of whom he hopes are gonna help turn AIK into a contender. So the rookie who is gonna leave the team anyway gets scratched. Since we know nothing about what happens, my version is as likely as yours.

Yes Jensen has probably said some things he shouldn't have said, but in some circumstances calling a teammate out for seemingly not caring is the wrong thing to say.

Although one thing should be said, what we have heard from Oshawa fans is that Jensen supposedly didn't think that his own farts smelled last year, and it was his teammates and himself that were the reason that they performed badly. Now I don't know how Jensens compete level was last season, or how well he played in game Jan. 25th, so I can't say if Jensens fart smelled just as much as the rest of the teams. But it could seem like Jensen is holding his teammates to high standards, which isn't a bad thing, as long as he holds himself to just as high standards.

One thing I find interesting about this scratching is that the incident happened more than two weeks ago, and Jensen gets scratched now, although he got his shoulder injury just after the game, so I guess that is the reason he is getting scratched now. But we'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to know how severe his punishment is.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:18 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Or the coach doesn't want to upset his best player and his starting goalie, both of whom he hopes are gonna help turn AIK into a contender. So the rookie who is gonna leave the team anyway gets scratched. Since we know nothing about what happens, my version is as likely as yours.

Yes Jensen has probably said some things he shouldn't have said, but in some circumstances calling a teammate out for seemingly not caring is the wrong thing to say.

Although one thing should be said, what we have heard from Oshawa fans is that Jensen supposedly didn't think that his own farts smelled last year, and it was his teammates and himself that were the reason that they performed badly. Now I don't know how Jensens compete level was last season, or how well he played in game Jan. 25th, so I can't say if Jensens fart smelled just as much as the rest of the teams. But it could seem like Jensen is holding his teammates to high standards, which isn't a bad thing, as long as he holds himself to just as high standards.

One thing I find interesting about this scratching is that the incident happened more than two weeks ago, and Jensen gets scratched now, although he got his shoulder injury just after the game, so I guess that is the reason he is getting scratched now. But we'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to know how severe his punishment is.
Great post!

Couldn't agree more

Old
02-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Bleach Clean

Is it too early to judge the 2008 draft for this team? I count about 12 players beyond the 1st round that are looking like NHLers. So by that comparison, it seems the Canucks did pretty OK. What say you?

Old
02-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I'd be interested to know what the Wolves' PK % was before and after the lockout - I think it would be very telling...

Wonder what AV thinks of Arniel now after he told him Ebbett was their best player, and then finding out Schroeder is better instead.
I couldn't believe when I heard that. I'm gonna chalk it up to Arniel throwing the vet a bone.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Is it too early to judge the 2008 draft for this team? I count about 12 players beyond the 1st round that are looking like NHLers. So by that comparison, it seems the Canucks did pretty OK. What say you?
Should have drafted Karlsson in the first and Schultz in the second

Old
02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
Wasn't Jensen the kid who tried to stop his team from goofing off at the wjc? I vaguely remember him involved but not in trouble
Yup, he was

I think this video gives a good impression of just how much Jensen want's to succeed and win. He seems very zoned in on what he want's. I don't sense any smartass attitude or sense of Superiority.

He is very aware of what he needs to improve and what tools he already has.

From the 0.34 mark and a little forward, he seems to be visibly upset with something, so what im guessing is that his very young mind was overwhelmed with irritation and frustration over being blown out. Nothing more nothing less.

There are positive sides to this and negative, but im sure it aint nothingthe guys can't handle. And turn into a strength.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Tiranis

Blomstrand had an assist last night and is up to 11 goals and 5 assists in, I believe, 23 games.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Jevo

Jensen is on the roster today. But it could appear that it is as 13th forward, so he could see limited icetime today.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Thanks Tiranis and Jevo.

Wonder what the chances are of Blomstrand coming over next year? Or would he be better suited to another year in Sweden?

Old
02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Wonder what the chances are of Blomstrand coming over next year? Or would he be better suited to another year in Sweden?
Much better suited to the NA game so I would say it's better if he comes over. He could work on his physical play here and he's very developed physically so he shouldn't have much trouble adjusting.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Jevo

Jensen didn't get any playing time in the first period, he's still as good as scratched at this point.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:01 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Jensen didn't get any playing time in the first period, he's still as good as scratched at this point.
It's because his coach is a former Oiler isn't it?

I really see nothing to worry about. This team has a history of making players grow up and fly right and if not Gillis has shown he can rectify the situation quite easily.

Last edited by AndyPipkin: 02-14-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Rift 2.0!!

Old
02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
eddielack Eddie Lack 1m
Not being able to walk has its advantages!!! #rollin #buzzin #stinging pic.twitter.com/uBxwDd3E
Gotta love Lack.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
So did he end up getting any minutes at all?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
So did he end up getting any minutes at all?
Yes, he got 1 minute and 19 seconds of ice-time in the 3rd period. So only one or two shifts for him.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:41 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Yes, he got 1 minute and 19 seconds of ice-time in the 3rd period. So only one or two shifts for him.
Development.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Gotta love Lack.
Love how Twitter personalities have such an effect on people's perception of players in the internet age.
Quote:
It's tough seeing his stint with AIK end this way when he played so well for them all year too.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Grammar Butcher

One shift what i could see. So apparently he's in the doghouse at the moment.

7 games left (minimum) 4 points up.

And btw: AndyPipkin. Both the head coach and the assistant have some Vancouver history.

Head Coach Elbebrink
Asst. Coach Lindgren

Old
02-14-2013, 04:56 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Love how Twitter personalities have such an effect on people's perception of players in the internet age.

It's tough seeing his stint with AIK end this way when he played so well for them all year too.
Lack posts differently on twitter then how he acts in real life?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Catamarca Livin

Might be a good thing for Jensen. They teach him a leason and we reap the reward. Also he might be happy to get back to N.A.. If things went smoothly maybe he would prefer to keep playing there than Chicago next year. This kind of makes Chicago look better to him, if he does not make Vancouver.

Closed Thread