HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Canuck fans sound like they secretly cheer for the Leafs the way they sound so upset we won't take Luongo lol
Im a Canucks + Leafs fan which is why im so frustrated these fanbases can't come to any sort of agreement.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
you don't get luongo then. enjoy another year missing the playoffs.. the real sad thing is Toronto's roster won't enable them to tank.
The thing is...we're still building, most of us understand that, most of you guys don't..WE DON'T NEED LUONGO!!

Old
01-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Im a Canucks + Leafs fan which is why im so frustrated these fanbases can't come to any sort of agreement.
Man talk about opposites attract lol..you must be on a roller coaster most of the time lol

Old
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Ho Borvat

Gardiner makes no sense for Van.
- Unless they have bigger, better plans for Edler it makes no sense long term for Gardiner.

Kadri (to me) makes sense.
- People will discredit his defensive game, and say he won't make the top 6.
- Canucks fans were demanding Hodgson get top-6 time last year (despite defensive deficiencies).
- Gives us the play-maker we need on Keslers wing, and a future "partner" for Kassian.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
So you're suggesting that Luongo likes being the subject of trade rumours and uncertainty for 7 months?
I understand you are being willfully obtuse and generally trolling this thread, but when you ask for a trade, it doesn't mean it will happen overnight.

This was a lockout year. Teams were uncertain about the CBA and how it will effect a contract that has been controversial. in fact, the new CBA has been cited for a "Luongo clause". How is trade expected to be made in that environment.

Poor Roberto probably got "harassed" often by the multitude of hockey reporters in Florida.

The guy has been enjoying the offseason with his family. He was probably more stressed playing in the WSOP than thinking about having to go through another season with the back to back president's trophy winners. Cory could get injured and Luongo could go Thomas and put in his best year. Anything can happen.

I think you are more stressed about going through another Riemer/Scrivens season than Luongo is with his fate.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

What I want, keeping it simple:

Kadri + Frattin + Bozak/Finn/1st

Maybe, and I do stress this as a strong maybe, Connolly at a reduced salary in place of Bozak given positional needs and what have you. Toss in a pick exchange in that scenario (not firsts) and there ya go. So the above or:

Kadri + Frattin + Connolly (reduced salary) + 2nd

Luongo + 2nd/3rd

Old
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Man talk about opposites attract lol..you must be on a roller coaster most of the time lol
I had higher hopes for the Leafs last season. Had them as a playoff team, but it was a matter of "everything that could go wrong went wrong".

If they can add Luongo, with minor roster subtractions it makes them a threatening team.

Old
Johnny Canuck

out of curiosity do you leaf fans find value in trading Luongo for Van Riemsdyk and McClement

Old
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Calling Kadri's ceiling 60 points is really discrediting his talent level.
I probably discredited all of their ceilings. I suppose any one of them could potentially score another 10 or so points if they develop perfectly from here on out. The point remains the same; Kadri offers a bit of added offensive potential and a much worse all around game, at a much higher risk.

Quote:
Honestly... if you're going to undervalue Kadri to the point of calling him equal to Petrovic & Shore
I just found the above statement to be ironic when you followed it up with the one below. As if you don't have your own personal issues/bias with the Leafs organization clouding your prospect evaluations.

Quote:
You just don't have the ability to fairly evaluate talent with regards to an organization that you obviously have personal issues with.

Old
Oates2Neely

What do Canucks fans think is fair compensation for Lou?

Old
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
The thing is...we're still building, most of us understand that, most of you guys don't..WE DON'T NEED LUONGO!!
We could certainly use him but due to his age and contract length, giving up promising young guns is unacceptable. It would haunt our organization for years and not to mention, any plans for building a team for long terms would be all wasted in a sewer.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Chaz McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Sorry for ruining your parade, Vans fans. Just so I wanna make it clear, I heard McKenzie mentioning TSN radio that Gardiner or any young top prospect won't be included in a deal for Luongu nor are they going to move anytime soon.

Even Nonis confirmed this in an interview yesterday, if they are indeed moved, it will only be in a package for equivalent young impact player.
Sounds like they are trying to control the market. Now that they found out that Philly might be on board they are trying desperately to let other teams know exactly what they aren't willing to give up. This pathetic message leak is an attempt to stay in the Luongo market with their offerings of scraps.

I'm sure that a team will step up with an offer that will help the Canucks out.

I really think that there will be a surprise (especially from the Leaf fans) when the final deal is reached.

Old
Johnny Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

Maybe, and I do stress this as a strong maybe, Connolly at a reduced salary in place of Bozak given positional needs and what have you. Toss in a pick exchange in that scenario (not firsts) and there ya go. So the above or:

Luongo + 2nd/3rd
This is useless for Vancouver.

Old
MajorCanuck
Cup Please

Quote:
You guys were building when Burke got there, and you guys are building when he left. The leafs "built" over the last CBA, and they are still no closer. I get the whole not wanting to sell the future just to make the playoffs, but Luongo could be key part of the team for the next 5 years, and imo will have far more impact than Kadri, a second round pick (unless you guys manage to get a Weber) or 95% of the prospects team have. IMO prospects are greatly over rated because people go gaga over the youth and POTENTIAL, when in most cases, a draft pick never plays in the NHL. The only picks that one should go gaga over unless proven otherwise are usually top 5 picks, after that its a crapshoot.

That said, I don't want Kadri, any picks (unless its a first) or any other prospect (except Gardiner, he has proven himself), what I much rather have is a proven hockey player who can help the nucks right now.

Old
Ho Borvat

Quote:

Luongo + 2nd/3rd
To me, Finn makes sense as a trading piece.

Stuck behind Gardiner/Reilly. Should be ready to contribute for Van around the time Hamhuis/Bieksa/Garrison are gone.

Holds strong value, and I would swap him into Frattins spot in your proposal.

Old
Nash

Quote:
Calling Kadri's ceiling 60 points is really discrediting his talent level.
Calling anyone a 60 point player puts them top 60 in the league or top 2 on your team. Projecting higher means you think they should be the best on your team and one of the best in the league. 60 is actually quite flattering.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Just to offer my own analysis on the current offers floating around the media. Just as I doubt there is no credence to any rumor involving Gardiner, I equally suspect the same applies for Kadri+Bozak+2nd. Both draw a parallel to the lockout negotiations, with either side pushing their obvious preference. Toronto's offer is closer but likely to increase, while Gillis comes off his red herring. Hence my proposals in the last post.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Johnny Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
What do Canucks fans think is fair compensation for Lou?
Van Riemsdyk and McClement

Old
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Gardiner makes no sense for Van.
- Unless they have bigger, better plans for Edler it makes no sense long term for Gardiner.

Kadri (to me) makes sense.
- People will discredit his defensive game, and say he won't make the top 6.
- Canucks fans were demanding Hodgson get top-6 time last year (despite defensive deficiencies).
- Gives us the play-maker we need on Keslers wing, and a future "partner" for Kassian.
Kadri is a great prospect and very soon to be an impact player in the NHL, I may offer him in a trade for Luongu but with not much significant peice added. He had developed quite well and he is certainly not a defensive liability like he once was.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Calling anyone a 60 point player puts them top 60 in the league or top 2 on your team. Projecting higher means you think they should be the best on your team and one of the best in the league. 60 is actually quite flattering.
Most people seem to believe you have to be a PPG player to be a top-6

Old
01-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
To me, Finn makes sense as a trading piece.

Stuck behind Gardiner/Reilly. Should be ready to contribute for Van around the time Hamhuis/Bieksa/Garrison are gone.

Holds strong value, and I would swap him into Frattins spot in your proposal.
Frankly, I would like to get both. While Finn looks promising, there is something about Frattin's game that leads me to believe he will develop into a strong player. He is eerily similar to Kesler prior his explosion. I doubt Frattin has that potential but the skill set is there for a quality bottom six, if he does not. If we could grab all three, I might just add to Luongo.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Stats01

Quote:
I had higher hopes for the Leafs last season. Had them as a playoff team, but it was a matter of "everything that could go wrong went wrong".

If they can add Luongo, with minor roster subtractions it makes them a threatening team.
We were looking great at the start of the year but damn our December and January was atrocious, just down hill. That's where Luongo would help the most. Keeping losing streaks to a minimum. I just think that the media has made it seem like there's pressure from the fans to make the playoffs when it's really not. The fans want a proper rebuild, we've wanted a proper rebuild for a long time. The pressure comes from the media and ownership, the fans are the most loyal fans in the world and we get dumped on as the perpetrators of wanting to always make the quick fix when in reality it's not like that at all. Listen to radio shows or post game shows and most of the people that call in wish to rebuild properly, maybe not like the Edmonton Oilers but something like it.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Just to offer my own analysis on the current offers floating around the media. Just as I doubt there is no credence to any rumor involving Gardiner, I equally suspect the same applies for Kadri+Bozak+2nd. Both draw a parallel to the lockout negotiations, with either side pushing their obvious preference. Toronto's offer is closer but likely to increase, while Gillis comes off his red herring. Hence my proposals in the last post.
I see Finn as a very good "consolation prize" for Gillis if Gardiner isn't available.

(obviously not a 1-1)

So maybe instead of the Gardiner + Kadri rumour we heard, it ends up as Finn + Kadri + some other piece (like Bozak/Connolly/Frattin/whatever else has been rumoured)

Old
01-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
out of curiosity do you leaf fans find value in trading Luongo for Van Riemsdyk and McClement
No, both players have yet to play a game in a leaf jersey so it would never happen.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Stats01

Quote:
I see Finn as a very good "consolation prize" for Gillis if Gardiner isn't available.

(obviously not a 1-1)

So maybe instead of the Gardiner + Kadri rumour we heard, it ends up as Finn + Kadri + some other piece (like Bozak/Connolly/Frattin/whatever else has been rumoured)
That would be a nice coup for Vancouver, Finn is a hell of a prospect. Was rated as a round pick with most mock drafts, but we were lucky to get him early in the second.

Closed Thread