HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's happening with Kings Insider?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
  #51
DeeMeck
Registered User
 
DeeMeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 50
I would be willing that at least ONE of those news outlets has made a Kings mistake on their newscast on purpose just for the attention it generates. Bad publicity better than no publicity.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
  #52
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,499
vCash: 592
I'm probably in the minority, but something about Hammond always got on my nerves. He was good at his job and I thoroughly enjoyed his posts, but something annoyed me about him.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:48 PM
  #53
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,848
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I'm probably in the minority, but something about Hammond always got on my nerves. He was good at his job and I thoroughly enjoyed his posts, but something annoyed me about him.
I think it was his nostrils



His head was too big for his body.

Same as John Ireland



They both have midget heads

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
  #54
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,499
vCash: 592
John Ireland gets on my nerves too!

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM
  #55
blackthrone
Registered User
 
blackthrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
I enjoyed Rich's commentary and I think he is as professional a journalist as there is in the business. With that said I think the whole kingsinsider premise should have died when he left. Why does this still need to be a held position? There are plenty of outlets out there that essentially provide the same info as Hammond did.

blackthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:46 PM
  #56
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,848
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthrone View Post
I enjoyed Rich's commentary and I think he is as professional a journalist as there is in the business. With that said I think the whole kingsinsider premise should have died when he left. Why does this still need to be a held position? There are plenty of outlets out there that essentially provide the same info as Hammond did.
Believe it or not, a big part of it is web hits.

All of the league sites compete to see who has the most traffic to respective teams' messageboards, websites, etc. The Kings want people going there instead of the LA Times, TSN, etc

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
  #57
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I think it was his nostrils



His head was too big for his body.
I think he took his pic off the inisder site due to someone stating that it was scaring his cats...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
  #58
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I think he took his pic off the inisder site due to someone stating that it was scaring his cats...
his early interviews on TV were far better. you could tell he had never done it and he was a deer in headlights

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.