HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #15 - Power failure at Super Bowl (Literally)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 02:26 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
I don't want anything to do with the media ****storm that comes with Tebow. Pass.
Good point, it's not like you can't find a QB that can do the same things Tebow can do in the mid to late rounds. The ****storm is too intense too.

I like the idea of it though, a running QB as backup that can give Cutler a breather in certain situations and also give the offense a different look.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
tebow is bad at football (or at least qb). he's a sideshow attraction and is in no way better than Campbell. the problem with Campbell wad the brain dead playcalling and the fact he's not the kinda guy woods just going to throw the ball up on a whim like cutler(which is all the offense was good for last season)

Old
01-16-2013, 02:31 PM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
I don't want anything to do with the media ****storm that comes with Tebow. Pass.
Except that there is no reason there should be a ****storm. Sanchez vs Tebow was a legit argument for who should be starting. Cutler vs Tebow is not even close. Not to mention, gives us another option for short when you just need a yard or two should Bush get injured again. Teams would stack the box against him and the entire world knew he was running it up the gut, and he'd still get 2-3 yards routinely. Not sure how it'd work cap wise, but if you could cut Bush without a caphit, it would make a lot of sense actually.

On second thought, with how much the media hates Cutler, I'm sure they'd be calling for Tebow to start over him.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
On second thought, with how much the media hates Cutler, I'm sure they'd be calling for Tebow to start over him.
Yeah, they definitely would. Every bad game he had, they'd be talking about Tebow. **** that. I like Tebow as a running QB; I loved when he was used that way at Florida but yeah, there is just too much going on with that guy. Upon reflection, I almost think we would have to completely bench for him for a season or two before using him just to let it go away.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Illinihockey

Tebow may not even be in the league next year. He's not going to be on the Bears, thats just stupid.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Tebow may not even be in the league next year. He's not going to be on the Bears, thats just stupid.
Tebow has another 8 years left at least. He'll end up a quality tight end before it is all said an done.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Ok if this happens I might puke:

There'a an article on USA Today about how Tebow has worked with Trestman and how he has said before Tebow would succeed in the NFL.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...stman/1839161/
That was a poor article, based on the poor concept that Trestman worked with Tebow prior to the draft. So what?! Trestman worked with a lot of other QBs too, including Cutler, are we going to get all of them? No, this article was written as an excuse to get Tebows name in a headline with a major market team to get people to read it. A PURE speculation piece, and it requires a pretty far-fetched imagination to even come up with the idea.

The ONLY way I would tolerate seeing Tebow in Chicago is as a Fullback or a Tight End. But the kid thinks he can be an NFL QB (he can't) so it won't happen. And even if I think he could be a good tight end, I'm not sure I want that media storm anyway.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

Chip Kelly officially an Eagle.

Don't see him and his scheme working well in the NFL at all. He'll be back in college in under 5 years. Only difference between him, Spurrier, and Saban to me is that he might be a little more mentally prepared to handle the NFL.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:56 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

Like the coaching moves so far, but Tebow? Just the media being stupid as usual. Never going to happen.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:00 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Don't see him and his scheme working well in the NFL at all. He'll be back in college in under 5 years. Only difference between him, Spurrier, and Saban to me is that he might be a little more mentally prepared to handle the NFL.
He's definitely used to coaching players that get paid.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Like the coaching moves so far, but Tebow? Just the media being stupid as usual. Never going to happen.
Would be perfectly fine with him as a FB, so we can see what we have in Rodriguez at TE, and maybe let him be your emergency/3rd string QB.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Tebow has another 8 years left at least. He'll end up a quality tight end before it is all said an done.
Tebow has never blocked anyone in his life. How is he going to take on NFL defensive ends as is required.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Martini*

A HC from the CFL?

Sure, the most storied franchise in all of the NFL has been reduced to picking HC's from the CFL.

This is one of the most dissapointing signings ever in the history of the Bears. Its an embarrassment.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post

A HC from the CFL?

Sure, the most storied franchise in all of the NFL has been reduced to picking HC's from the CFL.

This is one of the most dissapointing signings ever in the history of the Bears. Its an embarrassment.
You know Marv Levy's first professional head coaching job was the CFL right? You know, the NFL hall of famer Marv Levy.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:45 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Interesting note, actually: The 2 most know former CFL coaches are Marv and Bud Grant.

Combined Super Bowl record: 0-8

I know I'd have no problem making 4 Super Bowls very soon, though.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Interesting note, actually: The 2 most know former CFL coaches are Marv and Bud Grant.

Combined Super Bowl record: 0-8

I know I'd have no problem making 4 Super Bowls very soon, though.
Wide left!!!

Old
01-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Illinihockey

Will be interesting to see what the Bears do with their offensive line. They are bringing in a new coach with his own way of teaching and his own way of blocking. I think you could see an entire overhaul of the line.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Illinihockey

Jarron Bushrod from the Saints is a free agent left tackle this off season. Hope Kromer can get in his ear.

Old
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Martini*

Quote:
You know Marv Levy's first professional head coaching job was the CFL right? You know, the NFL hall of famer Marv Levy.
Big deal. He was never the head coach of the Bears, and neither is there this dramatic history of NFL teams raiding the CFL for head coaches.

In a league where success and talent is highly coveted you have to wonder why he spent 8 years in the CFL.Unlike some Bears homers, I am not salivating at the fact that the HC has a history of working with Rich Gannon and Bernie Kosar. I also seem to remember John Gruden out-coaching this guy to the point that Grudens own players were openly laughing on the side lines.

This is classic.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Big deal. He was never the head coach of the Bears, and neither is there this dramatic history of NFL teams raiding the CFL for head coaches.

In a league where success and talent is highly coveted you have to wonder why he spent 8 years in the CFL.Unlike some Bears homers, I am not salivating at the fact that the HC has a history of working with Rich Gannon and Bernie Kosar. I also seem to remember John Gruden out-coaching this guy to the point that Grudens own players were openly laughing on the side lines.

This is classic.
Gruden out coached Bill Callahan. At that point, Trestman was in the role that Kromer will be in with the Bears.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Gruden out coached Bill Callahan. At that point, Trestman was in the role that Kromer will be in with the Bears.
If I recall correctly, Callahan came in and changed very little of Gruden's offense so he knew everything about preparing for it. How much of that falls on the OC at the time (Trestman) I have no idea but I know that was the big story to come out of that game.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
If I recall correctly, Callahan came in and changed very little of Gruden's offense so he knew everything about preparing for it. How much of that falls on the OC at the time (Trestman) I have no idea but I know that was the big story to come out of that game.
Right, Callahan was the OC and was promoted to head coach. He was the primary play caller still and was running the Gruden offense.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Right, Callahan was the OC and was promoted to head coach. He was the primary play caller still and was running the Gruden offense.
How does that happen? I mean, seriously.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
How does that happen? I mean, seriously.
Well it worked really well against every other team. Hard to start the season expecting to run in to Gruden in the Super Bowl. At that point, its not like you can scrap your entire offense. Plus lets not forget, the Bucs were just a vastly superior team to the Raiders that season. I don't think it mattered what offense you ran with Sapp, Barber, Rice, Lynch, and Brooks running around.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Well it worked really well against every other team. Hard to start the season expecting to run in to Gruden in the Super Bowl. At that point, its not like you can scrap your entire offense. Plus lets not forget, the Bucs were just a vastly superior team to the Raiders that season. I don't think it mattered what offense you ran with Sapp, Barber, Rice, Lynch, and Brooks running around.
Good point, can't really overhaul an offense in a matter of two weeks after using one for a whole season.

Closed Thread