HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #15 - Power failure at Super Bowl (Literally)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Big deal. He was never the head coach of the Bears, and neither is there this dramatic history of NFL teams raiding the CFL for head coaches.

In a league where success and talent is highly coveted you have to wonder why he spent 8 years in the CFL.Unlike some Bears homers, I am not salivating at the fact that the HC has a history of working with Rich Gannon and Bernie Kosar. I also seem to remember John Gruden out-coaching this guy to the point that Grudens own players were openly laughing on the side lines.

This is classic.
Bringing this up as the example to use is 10000X more laughable then the hiring.

The Raiders where running Grudens offense even with the same wordage as the year before, of course he knew what was coming, it was his offense.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Illinihockey

Matni Te'o's girlfriends death a hoax....wow

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

Old
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Tebow has another 8 years left at least. He'll end up a quality tight end before it is all said an done.
lol why do people keep saying this? he'd maybe become a decent fb, but te? he's never caught passes, ran routes and has virtually no experience blocking. he's a sideshow/gimmick

Old
01-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
lol why do people keep saying this? he'd maybe become a decent fb, but te? he's never caught passes, ran routes and has virtually no experience blocking. he's a sideshow/gimmick
Well, I think everyone's point, my included, is that he has the build to be a decent TE in the mold of Aaron Hernandez (except Tebow is a little bigger). IF he can block, and IF he can run routes / catch passes, he could be good. Nobody knows because all he's done is (try) to throw the football. I think all we are saying is the only way we WOULD entertain Tebow as an NFL player is IF it was a TE position, that's assuming he ends up being able to do those things. He's an athlete, so I think it is at least a possibility. I'm sure some teams have wanted to try him out at it, but he insists on being a QB so no dice.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:41 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
No Tebow. I don't want the media circus that comes with him.

A bit anxious to hear what's happening with Marinelli/DC situation.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post

Lol, I was just about to post this. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:52 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post

WTF dude. I wonder even knew though. There are some messed up people online that make up people and date people just like this and when things get crazy like dating a star college player they could kill off those persona's so people don't catch on.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I'm confused by this whole thing. So he was dating someone he'd never met? That's not exactly dating.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Blue Liner

Before anyone comments they should really take the time to read the entire thing so they know exactly what's there for themselves. It's really, really strange and just doesn't add up at all. I need to read again to really make sure I understand it. I still don't see how the cover wasn't blown off of this a long time ago, regardless of who's responsible. The article speaks of his girlfriend's funeral and how the funeral was reported by the LA Times....how does a paper report about a funeral of a person that doesn't exist? Did no one show up to see it or check it out or attempt to interview anyone? They're vultures and always try to get quotes. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

EDIT: Should probably take this over to the "other sports" thread.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:06 PM
ndgt10

Arians was going to bring Whisenhunt too? Damn that would have been a helluva staff. Da Bears....

Old
01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Lol, I was just about to post this. Funniest thing I've ever seen.
Lmao. ND makes the SEC look clean. They should just fold the pitiful program.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Stats01

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
Yes. Do tell

I believe one theory is, is that he was partially in on it.
Partially..LOL he knew all along.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Stats01

I can't imagine Te'o being that dumb or thinking that as a Heisman candidate this lie would not be uncovered. However I think also he would rather want people thinking he made all of this up and lied about the whole thing over being duped by a dude pretending to be a girl over the internet and also lying about it.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Stats01

Whatever the truth is it really makes Te'o look dumb. Whether it was initially a prank that this Ronaiah did his friends and it seemed to blow up around the time Te'o got some publicity or if it was made up by the two of them the whole time, it really makes him look bad regardless, by lying about it.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

A HC from the CFL?

Sure, the most storied franchise in all of the NFL has been reduced to picking HC's from the CFL.

This is one of the most dissapointing signings ever in the history of the Bears. Its an embarrassment.
thanks for my daily laugh

Now I feel more confident in Trestman.

Last edited by DisgruntledHawkFan: 01-16-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Why are we discussing the Teo thing in 2 different places?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:48 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Yeah, keep it out of the Bears thread and in the other sports thread. It only needs to be discussed in one place, and he's not in the NFL yet.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Why are we discussing the Teo thing in 2 different places?
Because that's where his head is.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Noisespektrum

exit Trestman, enter 5 years of Argonauts eastern division domination.

Dont imagine Cutler has Calvillo's smarts or work ethic ( only youth and athleticism ) so Trestman has an uphill climb. good luck, your gonna need it with those sad sacks in chicago.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Bringing this up as the example to use is 10000X more laughable then the hiring.

The Raiders where running Grudens offense even with the same wordage as the year before, of course he knew what was coming, it was his offense.

The mere fact you now have a HC who was toiling away in the CFL for years, a quarterback "guru", as it is, even thought the last time I checked, QB "Gurus" dont waste their skills in the laughable CFL for almost a decade, that example is one of the reasons why the old guy was stuck in football hell.

What happened to wanting a good, young head coach who can grown with the team he and Emery builds? Nah, Bears fans get a 54 year old has been who hasnt proven nothing in the NFL at his age as a head coach. I love this, watching Bear fans salivate over him is comedic gold. Lovie won ten games last year and thats a feat the old timer has to top to even be in contention with getting a position he wasnt in over his to get to begin with.Not only that, but he has a history of alienating players;
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st.../1c1rice_.html

I mean, thats just Jerry Rice.

Once this fails, and it will, Emery will look like a laughingstock for this decision. All this to have somebody to hold Cutlers hand?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Noisespektrum

Quote:

A HC from the CFL?

Sure, the most storied franchise in all of the NFL has been reduced to picking HC's from the CFL.

This is one of the most dissapointing signings ever in the history of the Bears. Its an embarrassment.
storied franchise???. you are talking about the Bears right?

Old
01-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Noisespektrum

Quote:

The mere fact you now have a HC who was toiling away in the CFL for years, a quarterback "guru", as it is, even thought the last time I checked, QB "Gurus" dont waste their skills in the laughable CFL for almost a decade, that example is one of the reasons why the old guy was stuck in football hell.

What happened to wanting a good, young head coach who can grown with the team he and Emery builds? Nah, Bears fans get a 54 year old has been who hasnt proven nothing in the NFL at his age as a head coach. I love this, watching Bear fans salivate over him is comedic gold. Lovie won ten games last year and thats a feat the old timer has to top to even be in contention with getting a position he wasnt in over his to get to begin with.Not only that, but he has a history of alienating players;

Once this fails, and it will, Emery will look like a laughingstock for this decision. All this to have somebody to hold Cutlers hand?

Marv Levy and Bud Grant kind of kill your theory now don't they. Look on the bright side, at least now you don't have a head coach named "Lovie"

Old
01-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by llb9977 View Post
Yes, the Bears. Learning what it means has alot to do with calling them as such in pure confidence.

Quote:
Marv Levy and Bud Grant kind of kill your theory now don't they. Look on the bright side, at least now you don't have a head coach named "Lovie"
LOL, who cares about Levy or Grant. This isnt the 80's, this is right now. And considering Trestman hasnt come close to being a HC outside of Canada up until right now, I dont understand how anybody could be salivating over this signing like it was a dressed sausage.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:

Yeah, I don't suppose a guy could learn at all or evolve at all in 16 years. Not to mention Rice was on ESPN1000 today and had plenty of good things to say about him. I'm not saying anything one way or the other about how he's going to do but you might want to find something better than a 16 year old news article as your backup. I think all you're really doing is trying to stir the pot anyway, but that's neither here nor there.

And Jerry Rice or not, I'm going to listen to ex-QB's before I'm going to listen to ex-WR's. They're the most ego-mad, fragile-minded, prima donnas in all of sports, let alone if they don't get their way or feel mis/underused or slighted in any way.

And for the record that's not taking anything away from Rice. He is God in the football world.

I'm just surprised you didn't blame Nick Leddy for this hiring.

Last edited by Blue Liner: 01-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 07:11 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Probably the second most storied franchise behind the Astronauts or Argonauts or whatever dumb team you just posted about.

Closed Thread