HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #15 - Power failure at Super Bowl (Literally)

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 03:25 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I don't think that would ever happen under Reinsdorf. They really just need to draft well and not selling prospects off every deadline as they did under KW. They can do that without not attempting to compete for 3-4 years.
How have their midround picks been over the last 10 years or so? Over that span, Sale looks to be the only thing they've drafted in the first round worth a damn. Well, except for Gio Gonzalez, but that's a trick one.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
I don't think that would ever happen under Reinsdorf. They really just need to draft well and not selling prospects off every deadline as they did under KW. They can do that without not attempting to compete for 3-4 years.
Yeah, they could in theory but if they are close, it is going to be hard for them to hold onto those prospects. They are still getting flak for the white flag trade of 97 (IIRC). What was it, Roberto Hernandez and Wilson Alvarez for Foulke and Howry? The fan base at large seems to lack foresight. Obviously not talking about anyone who would post here because we have the same problem with the Cubs. Everyone I talk to at work hates the direction of the team.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:33 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
How have their midround picks been over the last 10 years or so? Over that span, Sale looks to be the only thing they've drafted in the first round worth a damn. Well, except for Gio Gonzalez, but that's a trick one.
That's my whole point...they haven't drafted well. The new CBA that Reinsdorf was a big part of being put in should work to their advantage well. This has never been a club that wanted to spend big money on unproven talent, so they've regularly drafted guys they knew they could sign cheap. They would've have drafted a Courtney Hawkins under the old CBA.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
RayP

Quote:
That's my whole point...they haven't drafted well. The new CBA that Reinsdorf was a big part of being put in should work to their advantage well. This has never been a club that wanted to spend big money on unproven talent, so they've regularly drafted guys they knew they could sign cheap. They would've have drafted a Courtney Hawkins under the old CBA.
I know their first rounders have bombed, aside from Sale, but didn't know if you got any solid depth players out of the mid-rounds. Guess not.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
How did the Bears thread become the Other Sports thread??

Old
02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
How did the Bears thread become the Other Sports thread??
Ray mentioned the Sox in a conversation about the Bears' ticket prices and inelastic goods.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I know their first rounders have bombed, aside from Sale, but didn't know if you got any solid depth players out of the mid-rounds. Guess not.
Wouldn't know because KW has dumped all of them anyways. I guess we can look back at Sox trade history and see if anyone they moved has gone onto have success, but I don't have the time for that, nor do I care enough to do so

Old
02-07-2013, 04:23 PM
digdug41982

I don't think they lost a lot. Obviously Gio but other names that come to mind that were big time Sox prospects were Royce Ring...Kris Honel...yeah, not much there.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

I'll just list all the MLB players they drafted and signed from 2000 to 2008.

2000: Joe Borchard, Tim Hummell, Heath Phillips, Mike Morse (3rd Round)
2001: Andy Gonzalez, Chris Stewart, Chris Young (16th Round), Charlie Haeger.
2002: Royce Ring, Jeremy Reed, Josh Rupe, Sean Tracey, Brandon McCarthy (17th Round), and Boone Logan (GOAT pick)
2003: Brian Anderson and Ryan Sweeney
2004: Josh Fields, Gio Gonzalez (1st Round), Wes Whisler, Donny Lucy, Lucas Harrell, Brandon Allen (5th Round), Adam Russell, Jack Egbert, Carlos Torres
2005: Lance Broadway, Chris Getz, Aaron Cunningham, Dan Cortes, Clayton Richard, Chris Carter (15th Round)
2006: Brian Omogrosso, Kanekoa Texeira, Hector Santiago
2007: Aaron Poreda, John Ely, Nate Jones
2008: Gordon Beckham, Brent Morel, Daniel Hudson (5th Round), Jordan Danks

Pretty much everyone of significance spent little time with the White Sox.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

This is bears talk thread everyone

Closed Thread