HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Political Stuff That Just Ain't Thread Worthy ‎- Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/06...ers-swim-class

Single Toronto father not allowed to watch his 9-year-old daughter in a female-only swim class due to concerns about seeing Muslim women in their swimsuits.

Two things:

1. Decently sure this goes against the human rights codes in Ontario. Don't quote me though, I'm not a lawyer.

2. They could easily solve this problem for both sides, at least for a few years, by making a separate girls-only swim class instead of (what seems like) females of all ages. Islamic laws on female dress don't start until the girl turns 13, IIRC.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Single Toronto father not allowed to watch his 9-year-old daughter in a female-only swim class due to concerns about seeing Muslim women in their swimsuits.

Two things:

1. Decently sure this goes against the human rights codes in Ontario. Don't quote me though, I'm not a lawyer.

2. They could easily solve this problem for both sides, at least for a few years, by making a separate girls-only swim class instead of (what seems like) females of all ages. Islamic laws on female dress don't start until the girl turns 13, IIRC.
It doesn't seem like it is a problem. The article states that the reason female only classes are even offered are for religious reasons, and the dad is more then welcome to enroll her in a mixed gender swimming class.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Free Kassian

I can't wait to hear what Ezra and Michael Coren have to say about this story. If it doesn't lead both their programs tonight I will be very disappointed.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Two things:

There are exceptions in the Ontario Human Rights Code that may apply.
20. (1) The right under section 1 to equal treatment with respect to services and facilities without discrimination because of sex is not infringed where the use of the services or facilities is restricted to persons of the same sex on the ground of public decency.
This section allows separate washrooms, examination areas, change rooms and other services that are men-only or women-only.
http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/part-ii-int...ities-sex#fn33

Old
04-13-2013, 09:08 AM
SK13
Prep Time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
There are exceptions in the Ontario Human Rights Code that may apply.
20. (1) The right under section 1 to equal treatment with respect to services and facilities without discrimination because of sex is not infringed where the use of the services or facilities is restricted to persons of the same sex on the ground of public decency.
This section allows separate washrooms, examination areas, change rooms and other services that are men-only or women-only.
http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/part-ii-int...ities-sex#fn33
That's a hop, skip and a jump to apply to this matter.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
That's a hop, skip and a jump to apply to this matter.
No it is not given the way it has been applied in the human rights case law.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Daynz
What!?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-wife-arrested

Wife of former justice charged with murder in Texas prosecutor shootings.

Quote:
The wife of a former judge was charged on Wednesday with capital murder, in connection with the deaths of a North Texas district attorney, his wife and an assistant district attorney, a law enforcement official said. The overnight arrest of Kim Lene Williams is the latest twist in an investigation that had narrowed on her husband.

Jail records did not yet list a charge, but a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation told the Associated Press that Williams was arrested and charged with capital murder. The official said Williams was being held on a $10m bond at Kaufman County Jail. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the ongoing investigation into the deaths of Kaufman County assistant district attorney Mark Hasse in January and district attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, last month. The official did not describe the evidence against Williams.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:12 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
My professor is saying how Margaret Thatcher was evil and Hugo Chavez was great.

I don't like this guy.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Free Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
My professor is saying how Margaret Thatcher was evil and Hugo Chavez was great.

I don't like this guy.
They both sucked.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:00 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
They both sucked.
He also rooted for Vietnam in the war, believes the US and capitalism are the causes of the Cold War, and stated how much he loved Fidel Castro.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
He also rooted for Vietnam in the war, believes the US and capitalism are the causes of the Cold War, and stated how much he loved Fidel Castro.
Actually, the second point is true. Stalin and Khrushchev were extremely pragmatic on foreign affairs following the Second World War.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
nyrfonmoni
beyond good and evil

Ehm for the ****ing record!

Special politics analysis expert Jackie Chan is absolutely right!

Its not about the american people. Its about the corporate, military industrial complex that wants to own everything!

The US and A Gov and companies sitting there in the States are corrupt.(again not the people, they are good people, special, but nonetheless good ... they can get better, yet like all of us)

I'm not saying China ain't. They both are horrificly corrupt ...

Old
04-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
Ehm for the ****ing record!

Special politics analysis expert Jackie Chan is absolutely right!

Its not about the american people. Its about the corporate, military industrial complex that wants to own everything!

The US and A Gov and companies sitting there in the States are corrupt.(again not the people, they are good people, special, but nonetheless good ... they can get better, yet like all of us)

I'm not saying China ain't. They both are horrificly corrupt ...

Did you miss your nap?

Old
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
nyrfonmoni
beyond good and evil

He made million dollar movies! He's been with million dollar men, a lot of time in his life. I think he knows better than you what the **** million dollar men are like.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:09 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
He made million dollar movies! He's been with million dollar men, a lot of time in his life. I think he knows better than you what the **** million dollar men are like.
Oh my, I usually take it pretty easy on you because I think some of your issues are beyond your control.

But your reasoning here suggests that I may have to re-think my position that AP is the dumbest person on here.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:13 PM
nyrfonmoni
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Oh my, I usually take it pretty easy on you because I think some of your issues are beyond your control.

But your reasoning here suggests that I may have to re-think my position that AP is the dumbest person on here.
Do what you please nerd.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Do what you please nerd.
Well, of course I will. It's a free country.

Although I know that you don't believe that. I know that you believe in these vast conspiracies to silence your truth.

But you won't be silenced. Hmnn. A real paradox, for truthers, I would guess. As powerful as they are, they cannot silence you.

So carry on with your Jackie Chan worship.

He knows the million dollar men.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Daynz
What!?!

This is terrible for sure. I'm not sure if it should be it's own thread so I'll just put it here.

'Many injured' after blast at Texas fertiliser plant

Quote:
Explosion at West Fertilizer, Waco, TX The explosion happened early on Wednesday evening

Many people are reported to be injured and others are trapped in burning buildings after an explosion at a fertiliser plant near Waco in the US state of Texas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22195495

Old
04-17-2013, 10:10 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynz View Post
This is terrible for sure. I'm not sure if it should be it's own thread so I'll just put it here.

'Many injured' after blast at Texas fertiliser plant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22195495
"West Fertilizer" is a proper name. Fertiliser is the British spelling for what they produce, but they can't change the spelling of a proper name.

EDIT: I saw your ghost edit...

Old
04-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

http://gawker.com/5994884/this-incre...s-a-must+watch

awesome.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Daynz
What!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
"West Fertilizer" is a proper name. Fertiliser is the British spelling for what they produce, but they can't change the spelling of a proper name.

EDIT: I saw your ghost edit...
I don't know what you're talking about.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
You know what's really awesome. Check out this comment to the article. What an enlightened soul this guy is.

Quote:
Juan Gamboa yesterday

Ok, here's my issue with legalizing same sex marriage. first off, I don't give two ***** if people of the same sex want to be together and do whatever it is that they want to do. That is their business, not mine. They have every right to do as they please with their lives. I understand their "want" to get married, because it legitimizes their love towards one another and gives them equality when it comes to certain rights that married couples have. Now the problem that I have with this is the fact that they will be able to adopt and raise a child.
This bothers me for mainly 2 reasons. 1. Because a homosexual person, that truly loves another homosexual person, and believes in marriage, and wants to spend the rest of their life with them, has no NATURAL way of having a child. They have no way to reproduce, if it wasn't for modern science (sperm donors, surrogates, etc.) and/or adoption, their genes will die off with them. So I feel like if they chose to love a human of the same sex as them, that should come with the inability to reproduce, i.e. raise a child.
2. Now on this reason I'm going to make a couple of assumptions, I am fully aware of that..... If they legalize it, and it became the "norm". If everyone thought it was ok because kids grew up watching same sex couples get married, so they grew accustomed to that. I feel like they might grow up with the mentality that its ok to hook up with boys or girls. Just because they are surrounded by it, so they won't hesitate to experiment with the same sex. Personally, I wouldn't want my child growing up thinking that it's ok for him to make a move on his guy friends. I mean I'll teach him that boys like marry girls and vice versa, if he later on comes turns out to like guys then I mean thats ok. But I dont wan't him thinking thats ok since he is 5 years old.

Now im not saying I'm right or wrong on this issue. That's just what I believe in. and I see there's a lot of people who really believe in same sex marriage, and I would really like to hear their POV, and their reasoning behind it. And why you might think I'm wrong.
Yowsa.

Old
04-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
You know what's really awesome. Check out this comment to the article. What an enlightened soul this guy is.

Yowsa.
Sounds more like something I would scrape off my sole.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Sounds more like something I would scrape off my sole.
I think I would rather get someone else to scrape it off, I wouldn't want to touch it.

Old
04-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Closed Thread