HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Political Stuff That Just Ain't Thread Worthy ‎- Part VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2013, 01:38 PM
  #126
Vyacheslav
That one guy
 
Vyacheslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dat mitten
Country: United States
Posts: 15,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ja...e-benefits-to/

Campfield bill would tie welfare benefits to report cards

Quote:
State Sen. Stacey Campfield has proposed legislation that would cut welfare benefits to parents whose children fail to make "satisfactory academic progress" in school, a move he says should inspire parents to take a more active role in helping students learn.
More great ideas from the Republican party

Vyacheslav is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:56 PM
  #127
theotis77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
Lack of proper nutrition has already been proven to be tied to school performance. GOP solution? Starve the kids until they learn.

You seriously can't make this stuff up.

theotis77 is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:16 PM
  #128
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW
 
Concordski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotis77 View Post
Lack of proper nutrition has already been proven to be tied to school performance. GOP solution? Starve the kids until they learn.

You seriously can't make this stuff up.
And then when their test scores are low enough, privatize the ********.

Concordski is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
  #129
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ja...e-benefits-to/

Campfield bill would tie welfare benefits to report cards

More great ideas from the Republican party
I seemed to recall Campfield being associated with other Neo-Con wackiness and sure enough when I checked...

The Republican Party is wondering what it needs to do to rehabilitate its image with the majority of the voting public and reach out to minorities and the famous Romney 47% of entitled slackers.

Perhaps disassociating itself from wack-a-doodles like Stacey Campfield would be a good start.

Campfield is currently as state senator in the great state of Tennessee who originally hailed from Binghamton, New York until moving south at age 25.

He currently serves as the Republican member of the Tennessee Senate from the 7th district, encompassing Knoxville, Farragut, and other parts of Knox County.
http://www.capitol.tn.gov/senate/members/s7.html

He was first elected in 2004 to the Tennessee House of Representatives and it did not take him long to make his mark - if being a yet another Republican wack-a-doodle is an enviable mark.

He initially came to public attention when In 2005 he said he was interested in joining the legislative Black Caucus but is seems he was missing one of the key attributes for membership. Perhaps the legislative Ginger Caucus (Caucasian Branch) would not have him???



He was offered an honorary membership but demanded a full membership claiming that the group's bylaws were racist because he said they restrict membership based on race, which described as being more restrictive than the Ku Klux Klan's bylaws. (My note - not a lot of blacks joining the KKK to my knowledge)
The freshman Republican from Knoxville was rebuffed earlier this year when he asked for the Black Caucus’ bylaws and inquired about joining. There are 18 black state lawmakers in Tennessee.

Caucus chairman Rep. Johnny Shaw, a Democrat, dismissed Campfield’s request and called him a “strange guy” who was simply interested in stirring up trouble.

“He is using this as a joke. This is an insult coming from him,” said caucus member Rep. Larry Miller, also a Democrat. “Why he chose to focus on the Black Caucus, I have no idea other than he is crazy and a racist.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9508168/#.UQQynh3AcrU

His next brilliant idea for legislation? In 2007 he sponsored a bill to issue death certificates for aborted fetuses. At the time Tennessee law required abortions to be reported to the Office of Vital Records but concealed the identity of the woman.
A state representative introduced legislation that would require death certificates for aborted fetuses, which would be likely to create public records identifying women who have abortions. The representative, Stacey Campfield, a Republican, predicted the bill would pass in the Republican-controlled Senate but would face difficulties in the Democratic-controlled House. “At least we would see how many lives are being ended out there by abortions,” Mr. Campfield said. The number of abortions reported to the state Office of Vital Records is already publicly available. Representative Rob Briley, a Democrat and chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, called Mr. Campfield’s proposal “the most preposterous bill I’ve seen” in an eight-year legislative career.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/15/us..._BRF.html?_r=0

And why death certificates for aborted fetuses? Campfield said this:

"The life issue is very important, it's always been very important to me. And we've really hit a stone wall as as any sort of (ant-abortion) legislation moving."
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ampfield&hl=en

And of course another issue near and dear to his heart (and other Republican wack-a-doodles pandering to the NRA) - the right to bear arms.

In 2008, Campfield sponsored a bill requiring public colleges in Tennessee to allow their full-time employees with state-issued handgun-carry permits to carry their handguns on campus. The first draft of the bill included K-12 teachers carrying handguns . The Tennessee Board of Regent opposed the bill, saying that only campus security police at universities should possess weapons on their campuses, and that local police are the best way to protect community college campuses.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...sparks-debate/

However showing dogged determination Campfield has now introduced yet another bill in this legislative session allowing certain persons employed by a local education agency as a faculty or staff member at a K-12 school to possess and carry a firearm.
http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...=SB0077&ga=108

Up next... Homosexuality. Campfield proposed a bill to ban teachers from teaching about homosexuality in Tennessee's public elementary and middle schools in 2008 saying that the topic should only be discussed by each student's family. The bill died in committee.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/02/...1101203558098/

In 2102 he was behind a bill known as the "Don't Say Gay" bill -- which would have banned discussion in schools of "sexual orientation other than heterosexuality". In a radio interview pushing the he lashed out at arguments against his bill by comparing homosexuality to bestiality and making what public health officials would characterize as recklessly false assertions about AIDS. And bullying of gay teens? Just a myth (or as he called it "a lark). And if you talk about being gay well that could just push some kid over the edge:
"I just think there are situations where some kids maybe sexually unsecure [sic] in themselves or sexually confused and don't necessarily know clearly what direction they are. If someone, a person of influence, says maybe you're gay, maybe you should explore those things -- maybe the child, who is young and impressionable, says maybe I am gay."

"[Homosexuals] do not naturally reproduce. It has not been proven that it is nature. It happens in nature, but so does beastiality That does not make it right or something we should be teaching in school."
...

"Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community -- it was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall."

"My understanding is that it is virtually -- not completely, but virtually -- impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex...very rarely [transmitted]."

"What's the average lifespan of a homosexual? it's very short. Google it yourself."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1233697.html

That bill also also failed.

Not meeting much success Campfield then shifted his sights and targeted... WAIT FOR IT... Illegal Immigration. In 2008, Campfield proposed a bill to prohibit Tennessee public colleges from admitting illegal immigrants.
Rep. Stacey Campfield proposed a state law this year that would prohibit state schools from admitting illegal immigrants. It stands in stark contrast to a federal law, which seeks to let illegal immigrants enter public colleges and universities with the possibility of instate tuition.
http://tnjn.com/2008/mar/15/rep-camp...poses-bill-to/

Okay the Neo Con Christian fundamentalist standard check list, eh?

Anti- abortion
Gun rights
Homosexuality
Illegal immigrants

And what other issue is foremost on the minds of Campfield and his ilk - why those free loading welfare recipients and other government fund recipients. You know the ones Romney identified always with their hands out. Please sir, may I have more???

What is another big issue also... the War on Drugs, right?

So combining the two Campfield pushed for drug testing of all Tennesseans seeking taxpayer-funded benefits - three bills calling for drug testing in the 2012 legislative session: one dealing with persons on welfare, one for those drawing unemployment compensation and one for those receiving workers' compensation benefits. He stated the applicant would be required to cover the cost of testing without state reimbursement. He estimated the costs could be kept to "only $4 or $5" by limiting the tests to "hardcore illegal drugs," such as cocaine, heroin and marijuana. He said the law will deter persons taking illegal drugs from applying for benefits, resulting in taxpayer savings, while having the applicant pay for the tests will eliminate state costs.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/de...ng-for-funded/

These bills also did not pass.

And that brings us to his His latest project as the quoted post notes. If your child is not doing well at school and you are on welfare, then cut back your benefits.

For the life of me I cannot fathom why Americans are not jumping on the Campfield Express.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:35 PM
  #130
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW
 
Concordski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
I seemed to recall Campfield being associated with other Neo-Con wackiness and sure enough when I checked...

The Republican Party is wondering what it needs to do to rehabilitate its image with the majority of the voting public and reach out to minorities and the famous Romney 47% of entitled slackers.

Perhaps disassociating itself from wack-a-doodles like Stacey Campfield would be a good start.

Campfield is currently as state senator in the great state of Tennessee who originally hailed from Binghamton, New York until moving south at age 25.

He currently serves as the Republican member of the Tennessee Senate from the 7th district, encompassing Knoxville, Farragut, and other parts of Knox County.
http://www.capitol.tn.gov/senate/members/s7.html

He was first elected in 2004 to the Tennessee House of Representatives and it did not take him long to make his mark - if being a yet another Republican wack-a-doodle is an enviable mark.

He initially came to public attention when In 2005 he said he was interested in joining the legislative Black Caucus but is seems he was missing one of the key attributes for membership. Perhaps the legislative Ginger Caucus (Caucasian Branch) would not have him???



He was offered an honorary membership but demanded a full membership claiming that the group's bylaws were racist because he said they restrict membership based on race, which described as being more restrictive than the Ku Klux Klan's bylaws. (My note - not a lot of blacks joining the KKK to my knowledge)
The freshman Republican from Knoxville was rebuffed earlier this year when he asked for the Black Caucus’ bylaws and inquired about joining. There are 18 black state lawmakers in Tennessee.

Caucus chairman Rep. Johnny Shaw, a Democrat, dismissed Campfield’s request and called him a “strange guy” who was simply interested in stirring up trouble.

“He is using this as a joke. This is an insult coming from him,” said caucus member Rep. Larry Miller, also a Democrat. “Why he chose to focus on the Black Caucus, I have no idea other than he is crazy and a racist.”
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9508168/#.UQQynh3AcrU

His next brilliant idea for legislation? In 2007 he sponsored a bill to issue death certificates for aborted fetuses. At the time Tennessee law required abortions to be reported to the Office of Vital Records but concealed the identity of the woman.
A state representative introduced legislation that would require death certificates for aborted fetuses, which would be likely to create public records identifying women who have abortions. The representative, Stacey Campfield, a Republican, predicted the bill would pass in the Republican-controlled Senate but would face difficulties in the Democratic-controlled House. “At least we would see how many lives are being ended out there by abortions,” Mr. Campfield said. The number of abortions reported to the state Office of Vital Records is already publicly available. Representative Rob Briley, a Democrat and chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, called Mr. Campfield’s proposal “the most preposterous bill I’ve seen” in an eight-year legislative career.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/15/us..._BRF.html?_r=0

And why death certificates for aborted fetuses? Campfield said this:

"The life issue is very important, it's always been very important to me. And we've really hit a stone wall as as any sort of (ant-abortion) legislation moving."
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ampfield&hl=en

And of course another issue near and dear to his heart (and other Republican wack-a-doodles pandering to the NRA) - the right to bear arms.

In 2008, Campfield sponsored a bill requiring public colleges in Tennessee to allow their full-time employees with state-issued handgun-carry permits to carry their handguns on campus. The first draft of the bill included K-12 teachers carrying handguns . The Tennessee Board of Regent opposed the bill, saying that only campus security police at universities should possess weapons on their campuses, and that local police are the best way to protect community college campuses.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...sparks-debate/

However showing dogged determination Campfield has now introduced yet another bill in this legislative session allowing certain persons employed by a local education agency as a faculty or staff member at a K-12 school to possess and carry a firearm.
http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...=SB0077&ga=108

Up next... Homosexuality. Campfield proposed a bill to ban teachers from teaching about homosexuality in Tennessee's public elementary and middle schools in 2008 saying that the topic should only be discussed by each student's family. The bill died in committee.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/02/...1101203558098/

In 2102 he was behind a bill known as the "Don't Say Gay" bill -- which would have banned discussion in schools of "sexual orientation other than heterosexuality". In a radio interview pushing the he lashed out at arguments against his bill by comparing homosexuality to bestiality and making what public health officials would characterize as recklessly false assertions about AIDS. And bullying of gay teens? Just a myth (or as he called it "a lark). And if you talk about being gay well that could just push some kid over the edge:
"I just think there are situations where some kids maybe sexually unsecure [sic] in themselves or sexually confused and don't necessarily know clearly what direction they are. If someone, a person of influence, says maybe you're gay, maybe you should explore those things -- maybe the child, who is young and impressionable, says maybe I am gay."

"[Homosexuals] do not naturally reproduce. It has not been proven that it is nature. It happens in nature, but so does beastiality That does not make it right or something we should be teaching in school."
...

"Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community -- it was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall."

"My understanding is that it is virtually -- not completely, but virtually -- impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex...very rarely [transmitted]."

"What's the average lifespan of a homosexual? it's very short. Google it yourself."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1233697.html

That bill also also failed.

Not meeting much success Campfield then shifted his sights and targeted... WAIT FOR IT... Illegal Immigration. In 2008, Campfield proposed a bill to prohibit Tennessee public colleges from admitting illegal immigrants.
Rep. Stacey Campfield proposed a state law this year that would prohibit state schools from admitting illegal immigrants. It stands in stark contrast to a federal law, which seeks to let illegal immigrants enter public colleges and universities with the possibility of instate tuition.
http://tnjn.com/2008/mar/15/rep-camp...poses-bill-to/

Okay the Neo Con Christian fundamentalist standard check list, eh?

Anti- abortion
Gun rights
Homosexuality
Illegal immigrants

And what other issue is foremost on the minds of Campfield and his ilk - why those free loading welfare recipients and other government fund recipients. You know the ones Romney identified always with their hands out. Please sir, may I have more???

What is another big issue also... the War on Drugs, right?

So combining the two Campfield pushed for drug testing of all Tennesseans seeking taxpayer-funded benefits - three bills calling for drug testing in the 2012 legislative session: one dealing with persons on welfare, one for those drawing unemployment compensation and one for those receiving workers' compensation benefits. He stated the applicant would be required to cover the cost of testing without state reimbursement. He estimated the costs could be kept to "only $4 or $5" by limiting the tests to "hardcore illegal drugs," such as cocaine, heroin and marijuana. He said the law will deter persons taking illegal drugs from applying for benefits, resulting in taxpayer savings, while having the applicant pay for the tests will eliminate state costs.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/de...ng-for-funded/

These bills also did not pass.

And that brings us to his His latest project as the quoted post notes. If your child is not doing well at school and you are on welfare, then cut back your benefits.

For the life of me I cannot fathom why Americans are not jumping on the Campfield Express.
In fairness, he's the equivalent of a Southern Alberta backbench MPP. His train doesn't go very far.

Concordski is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 12:25 AM
  #131
Diskothek
Registered User
 
Diskothek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500


I wonder if there is an exemption for plumbers.

Diskothek is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 04:09 AM
  #132
Vyacheslav
That one guy
 
Vyacheslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dat mitten
Country: United States
Posts: 15,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
wtf is that serious?

Vyacheslav is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:39 AM
  #133
RoryDelap
Sketch!
 
RoryDelap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Stoke-on-Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
what about the chicks with their ******* flopping out and sideboobs? thongs sticking out?

RoryDelap is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
  #134
Diskothek
Registered User
 
Diskothek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
wtf is that serious?
Its from the Black Mental Health Alliance in Boston. The actual law they quote isn't that specific. Its just a general law about public lewdness. But they made that video because... I guess its a pressing issue on the streets.

Diskothek is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:24 AM
  #135
Vyacheslav
That one guy
 
Vyacheslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dat mitten
Country: United States
Posts: 15,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
I think sagging pants is pretty dumb, but who cares?

Vyacheslav is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
  #136
Daynz
What!?!
 
Daynz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Downtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Brazil nightclub fire in Santa Maria kills 233

Quote:
At least 233 people have died in a fire that swept through a nightclub in a university city in southern Brazil, police and officials say.

Local media say the fire began when a band let off fireworks at the Kiss club in Santa Maria, Rio Grande do Sul.

Many victims reportedly inhaled toxic fumes or were crushed as panicking clubbers tried to escape.

Bereaved families have been weeping over the coffins of their loved ones at a gym used as a temporary mortuary.

Out of respect for the dead, Brazil postponed a ceremony due on Monday in the capital, Brasilia, to mark 500 days to the 2014 football World Cup.

The first funerals in Santa Maria are expected on Monday morning, local newspaper Diario de Santa Maria reports.

Authorities have released the names of 230 of the victims, with three bodies still to be identified.

According to Brazilian broadcaster Globo, most of the victims were aged between 16 and 20.

More than 100 people were being treated in hospital, mostly for smoke inhalation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21220308

Holy crap!

Daynz is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
  #137
Hockeyfan2390
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e06_1359380173

Can someone explain what's going on in here?

God help those kids and the people who are subjected to that.


Last edited by Hockeyfan2390: 01-29-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Hockeyfan2390 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:21 AM
  #138
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American
 
Ilkka Sinisalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Perth, W.A.
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,427
vCash: 500
Israel gave sterilization injections to Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without their consent

****ing horrifying. Let's see Burke the Moron put a positive spin on that.

Ilkka Sinisalo is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:28 AM
  #139
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Israel gave sterilization injections to Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without their consent

****ing horrifying. Let's see Burke the Moron put a positive spin on that.
This is why I can't support Israel. They are such hypocrites.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:05 AM
  #140
Daynz
What!?!
 
Daynz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Downtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Israel gave sterilization injections to Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without their consent


****ing horrifying. Let's see Burke the Moron put a positive spin on that.
That's just despicable.

Daynz is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:53 AM
  #141
Francesa
Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 195,698
vCash: 500
http://www.examiner.com/article/msnb...-being-heckled

Quote:
MSNBC is taking criticism after it was revealed that a video they aired today was deceptively edited to make it appear as if gun advocates had heckled the father of a Sandy Hook victim.

At 11:25 a.m. today, MSNBC reporter Jane C. Timm filed a story at MSNBC.com called "Emotional father of Sandy Hook victim heckled by gun nuts." It reported that Neil Heslin, whose son Jesse Lewis was killed at Sandy Hook, was interrrupted and heckled by gun rights supporters while testifying at a gun violence prevention meeting yesterday.
Quote:
The problem is, that wasn't what happened.

The Daily Caller posted a full video (included here) of the hearing, and the true context of the incident (at the 15 minute mark of the video) is shown. Heslin was not speaking of his son, but rather about the idea of passing restrictive gun laws. He then asks the panel moderating the discussion if they have a good reason why certain guns shouldn't be outlawed. He waits for a response, but no one speaks. He then asks the same question of the audience several times, insisting if anyone in the room has a reason, to speak up.
So let's review what dishonest practices MSNBC / NBC News has engaged in

- manipulation of Zimmerman tapes to "spin" the news
- manipulation to make it appear gun nuts heckled Newtown victim
- manipulation of Romney comments by Andrea Mitchell

It's sad and pathetic that MSNBC has to manipulate the media instead of reporting the facts. I try to keep an open mind about MSNBC, but their on-air talent is underwhelming, and the "facts" they try to report are skewed and dishonest.

As Gus Haynes so wisely put it:


Francesa is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
  #142
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American
 
Ilkka Sinisalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Perth, W.A.
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,427
vCash: 500
While I've heard tidbits about the story, the link you gave was the Washington Examiner, which makes **** up with alarming regularity. Let's put it this way, MSNBC is a bastion of accurate, unbiased and thorough reporting compared to the Examiner.

Ilkka Sinisalo is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
  #143
Francesa
Moderator
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 195,698
vCash: 500
It's sad the state of news

CNN is the only cable news network that still has integrity left

Francesa is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:40 AM
  #144
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American
 
Ilkka Sinisalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Perth, W.A.
Country: Australia
Posts: 11,427
vCash: 500
What's funny is that when something like this happens, people get pissed off at MSNBC (for good reason) and MSNBC actually reviews the complaints and sometimes an editor gets fired. When Fox News makes **** up, they get ridiculed by the Daily Show and Media Matters, but that's it. They never apologize or review their procedures. People seem to expect better of MSNBC, but with Fox it's like everyone expects and accepts that they have no journalistic integrity.

Ilkka Sinisalo is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
  #145
Kurtosis
COYS
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 16,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
What's funny is that when something like this happens, people get pissed off at MSNBC (for good reason) and MSNBC actually reviews the complaints and sometimes an editor gets fired. When Fox News makes **** up, they get ridiculed by the Daily Show and Media Matters, but that's it. They never apologize or review their procedures. People seem to expect better of MSNBC, but with Fox it's like everyone expects and accepts that they have no journalistic integrity.
Well, yeah, no news there (pun intended). They expect and accept that of Fox because it is true and has been borne out over the years with alarming consistency.

Kurtosis is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
  #146
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,115
vCash: 50
http://www.defensenews.com/article/2...ell|text|World News|s

Israeli Air Force destroys a convoy leaving Syria into Lebanon

Interesting as no details seem to be emerging as to what the convoy was moving

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
  #147
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Israel gave sterilization injections to Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without their consent

****ing horrifying. Let's see Burke the Moron put a positive spin on that.
That is utterly ****ing digusting.

Sevanston is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
  #148
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,115
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Israel gave sterilization injections to Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without their consent

****ing horrifying. Let's see Burke the Moron put a positive spin on that.
Truly awful

There should be major investigation of highest level of Israel's political/health system

People of Israel should be upset about this

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:40 PM
  #149
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,985
vCash: 500
Church's threaten to pull funding if Boy Scouts drop opposition to gays.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/30/chur..._anti_gay_ban/

Hypocricy or jealousy?

ddawg1950 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
  #150
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Israel gave sterilization injections to Ethiopian Jewish immigrants without their consent

****ing horrifying. Let's see Burke the Moron put a positive spin on that.
But Jews can do no wrong! They are the multi-millenia victim. Who did the injections, Mengele?

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.