HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

UPDATE: Coyotes Looking For 2nd Line Center. Rumored To Be Toronto's Matt Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Lupul/Bozak and "not defensive liability" don't really go together well.
So very wrong - Bozak is a defensively responisble player. He is in no shape or form, a defensive liability.

Old
01-14-2013, 12:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
that doesn't seem attractive enough package, it would have to have gormley, if we weren't adding for yandle.
As much as it shocks me to type this, I might be open to a deal involving Gormley for O'Reilly. I like Gormley's upside better, but ROR is obviously the proven commodity. As such, I recognize Phoenix would probably need to add, but I wouldn't be willing to add a whole lot. I wonder if there is a way to make such a thing work.

Old
01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Thank you for this reply. I've spent some time pilfering through old dead Avs threads and some of the content regarding the drastic changes in the way the Avs go about business on ice have certainly been enlightening, and definitely encouraging about ROR's prospects of success under Dave Tippett (in some crazy hypothetical world in which ROR is actually playing under Tippett).

So, here's the question; is there any conceivable manner in which Phoenix could potentially acquire O'Reilly without moving core roster players critical to our efforts this season? Is there a package that could potentially entice Colorado that consists mostly of futures? Something based around Brandon Gormley with a little extra added in? Maybe Rundblad with more than a little extra added in? I can't really see Colorado going for it. I mean, these are top notch prospects, but as Bender has pointed out, they are just that.

I don't think so, the Avs are trying to make the playoffs, dealing away one of their greatest strengths, being able to roll 3 scoring lines, for futures would really work against that, especially since the avs have some very good prospects of their own, and would only be moving one of our centers for someone who can play with EJ right now. I could see the Avs re-signing him and looking to move him over the summer after the major FAs have signed, and if Gormley's showing what he can do in the NHL then maybe I could see it.

Last edited by cgf: 01-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old
01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

You want secondary scoring? Leafs entire team is secondary scoring.. and we will do whatever you want for Keith Yandle.. Well at least i will..

Old
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
You want secondary scoring? Leafs entire team is secondary scoring.. and we will do whatever you want for Keith Yandle.. Well at least i will..
Kessel

Old
01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
As much as it shocks me to type this, I might be open to a deal involving Gormley for O'Reilly. I like Gormley's upside better, but ROR is obviously the proven commodity. As such, I recognize Phoenix would probably need to add, but I wouldn't be willing to add a whole lot. I wonder if there is a way to make such a thing work.
It shocks me that you're typing it.

You're one of the main Yotes fans pushing to wait to see the top end of this D depth before moving any of them.

Now you're willing to consider Gormley for O'Reilly? Are you sure you wouldn't rather go Klesla for Bailey or the like?

When I consider Gormley's ceiling and how he could fit into a Dave Tippett team, I'm convinced that patience is the way to go before Yandle/OEL/Gormley can be discussed in any but the most undeniable trade offers.

Morris or Klesla, Summers or Schlemko, even Rundblad or Stone. I'd move any of those 6, alone or in a package, for a Tippett-style forward, before making an offer that included Gormley.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
topcat986*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Kessel

Toronto should run out like a thief in the night if they could get that deal. Yandle's trade value even if Toronto spun him in a deal is higher due to signed contract. Kessel can score no doubt but otherwise his value is what ? Team leadership (nope) 2way game established (nope) Physical presence( lmao) and board work (nope)

Old
01-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Zonk

FWIW on TSN 1050 Bob MacKenzie said that there is a rumour that Phoenix has some interest in Lombardi from the Leafs. MacKenzie emphasized that it is just a rumour and he was not stating it as a fact.

The Leafs would likely let Lombardi go for next to nothing, but given that a team can now trade a player and stay responsible for part of the salary, could they spin this into a later round draft choice?

Old
01-14-2013, 05:46 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

How about Stephane Da Costa for Michael Stone? Ottawa gets blueline depth who happens to be the brother of one of their top prospects and Phoenix gets a skilled playmaking center.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:48 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
FWIW on TSN 1050 Bob MacKenzie said that there is a rumour that Phoenix has some interest in Lombardi from the Leafs. MacKenzie emphasized that it is just a rumour and he was not stating it as a fact.

The Leafs would likely let Lombardi go for next to nothing, but given that a team can now trade a player and stay responsible for part of the salary, could they spin this into a later round draft choice?
Realistically, they wouldn't.

The Leafs have a pretty glaring hole on their blueline. With 13-15 NHL-calibre forwards, priority #1has to be converting one or two of those into a blueliner. Only once the dust settles on that, do you look at dumping a guy like Lombardi.

Of course, if Phoenix is willing to part wit ha stay-at-home defenceman, then there should certainly be room to work here. Perhaps MacArthur + Lombardi for Klesla, with the Leafs retaining 50% salary of both players?

Old
01-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Ron Wilson*

Lots of chatter on the golf course that Lombardi will indeed get shipped to PHX.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Badger25

Lombardi for Bissonette

Old
01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger25 View Post
Lombardi for Bissonette
Yes please. Hell I'd even throw in a late round pick to get rid of that circus freak and free up his spot for a real player.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger25 View Post
Lombardi for Bissonette
Works for me.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
It shocks me that you're typing it.

You're one of the main Yotes fans pushing to wait to see the top end of this D depth before moving any of them.

Now you're willing to consider Gormley for O'Reilly? Are you sure you wouldn't rather go Klesla for Bailey or the like?

When I consider Gormley's ceiling and how he could fit into a Dave Tippett team, I'm convinced that patience is the way to go before Yandle/OEL/Gormley can be discussed in any but the most undeniable trade offers.

Morris or Klesla, Summers or Schlemko, even Rundblad or Stone. I'd move any of those 6, alone or in a package, for a Tippett-style forward, before making an offer that included Gormley.
I'm definitely a huge Gormley fan, but ROR's age is appealing. He's not 26 or 27 years old. He's not quite 22 yet. You can still get an entire career out of him. That's the main reason why I'm willing to bring Gormley's name into ROR talk and why I've never brought Gormley's name into any other trade talk at any point ever in the past.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Swervin81
Mo Riles Mo Problems

Kadri + MacArthur + Connolly + Steckel + 2nd for Yandle + Bissonette.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:29 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
Kadri + MacArthur + Connolly + 2nd for Yandle
Realistically, Toronto is not going to be the team to pay the premium for Yandle. He's a great defenceman, but we're putting our faith into Gardiner/Riell in terms of puckmovers.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

The Leafs have a pretty glaring hole on their blueline. With 13-15 NHL-calibre forwards, priority #1has to be converting one or two of those into a blueliner. Only once the dust settles on that, do you look at dumping a guy like Lombardi.
Can you seriously stop overrating our players and acting like every single one is essential for our organization?

Lombardi for a 3rd round pick while retaining 50% salary and I'm happy.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Roboholic

Quote:

You're kidding right?

Old
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Can you seriously stop overrating our players and acting like every single one is essential for our organization?

Lombardi for a 3rd round pick and I'm happy.
Essential? No. A useful piece? Absolutely.

There's no sense in dumping players for picks before the season starts unless we have absolute clarity as to our ability to acquire pieces to fill other holes, and what those pieces would cost.

Lombardi may not be the guy that gets us the defenceman or goaltender we're looking for, but if the pursuit of one of those costs us a couple of forwards, Lombardi could be a valuable utility guy for us.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Realistically, Toronto is not going to be the team to pay the premium for Yandle. He's a great defenceman, but we're putting our faith into Gardiner/Riell in terms of puckmovers.
You consider that a 'premium'?

Old
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
You consider that a 'premium'?
No, I just don't think there's any deal that will make sense which sees Yandle go to Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
You're kidding right?
Why would I be kidding? Is a draft pick going to help us get into the playoffs this year? no. Is it going to be available right up until the deadline? probably.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:53 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
Kadri + MacArthur + Connolly + Steckel + 2nd for Yandle + Bissonette.
Haha. If Yandle is a one hundred dollar bill and Bissonnette is worth a nickel than your package together equals about nineteen dollars.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:13 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 400
If the Luongo deal is going down and Bozak is involved, Lombardi was a guy Ii thought might slide nicely into his spot.

Interesting if he is moved, I doubt the return is much.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
HOCKEYGOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
If the Luongo deal is going down and Bozak is involved, Lombardi was a guy Ii thought might slide nicely into his spot.

Interesting if he is moved, I doubt the return is much.
I'm guessing a 4th round pick.

Closed Thread