HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Rundblad to Philadelphia

Old
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
CanadienKid25

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
B. Schenn isn't going anywhere after the acquisition of his brother. with that said i think the flyers add. maybe something around the Schenn brothers for those two would be more fair but i wouldn't be interested in that. Flyers do have a decent D core so they don't need to add much and if possible they would like to keep there young forward core together (Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek). this is why i was thinking something around Read + pick(s) for Rundblad
Now the post started out well and then went to hell....I don't understand how anyone other than the Flyers GM can make that statement. I know it seems unlikely but it just happened....it is impossible to discount the possibility that it would happen again(Richards/Carter). I can't take the rest of the post seriously now...

If you would like to discuss that, pm me. I don't want to derail the thread.

CanadienKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Rundblad interest me big time, but not at the price of Read +2nd rounder. I think we might have that pick on the wrong end. Rundblad, has the potential, but has been inconsistent in the NHL. He has played well in the AHL though, but still needs to improve the defense in the NHL. His offensive upside is intirguing, but why are the Flyers trading the pick when Read is a proven 20 goal scorer and had 48 points in his rookie year. He has two year left on his contract also before he is a UFA. Rundblad needs to be resigned also after this year, and will be tricky to determine his pay without him playing consistently in the NHL.

Rundblad +3rd or 4th rounder

For

Matt Read.

Yes I understand Matt Read only played one year, but he showed he can hang in the NHL. He is versatile as well with playing the power play and also penalty kill. He played a pretty big part of our forward group.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Rundblad interest me big time, but not at the price of Read +2nd rounder. I think we might have that pick on the wrong end. Rundblad, has the potential, but has been inconsistent in the NHL. He has played well in the AHL though, but still needs to improve the defense in the NHL. His offensive upside is intirguing, but why are the Flyers trading the pick when Read is a proven 20 goal scorer and had 48 points in his rookie year. He has two year left on his contract also before he is a UFA. Rundblad needs to be resigned also after this year, and will be tricky to determine his pay without him playing consistently in the NHL.

Rundblad +3rd or 4th rounder

For

Matt Read.

Yes I understand Matt Read only played one year, but he showed he can hang in the NHL. He is versatile as well with playing the power play and also penalty kill. He played a pretty big part of our forward group.
Read will never be better than a good 2nd liner. Rundblad could outscore him as a D, he has some of the highest offensive potential in the world. No way the Yotes add. I can see why you wouldnt want to add to Read, he's a gem, but Phx could get a similar player elsewhere.
Also Rundblad will sign for a mil this offseason, unless he proves he's worth more.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:17 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Rundblad for Read seems about right to me. I don't think picks are necessary.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Would the Coyotes be more interested in Laughton? Very good 2-way C prospect who could be their 2nd or 3rd line center soon. Gritty, hardworking, defensive C. Probably like a bit less offensive Mike Richards.

I really like Laughton, it's just that with Giroux, Couturier and Schenn down the middle for the future, Laughton might be worth more to us as a trading asset.

Laughton + 2nd
For
Rundblad

Or

Read + 3rd
For
Rundblad

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Would the Coyotes be more interested in Laughton? Very good 2-way C prospect who could be their 2nd or 3rd line center soon. Gritty, hardworking, defensive C. Probably like a bit less offensive Mike Richards.

I really like Laughton, it's just that with Giroux, Couturier and Schenn down the middle for the future, Laughton might be worth more to us as a trading asset.

Laughton + 2nd
For
Rundblad

Or

Read + 3rd
For
Rundblad
I'd very much rather Keep Laughton over Rundblad. Also, I would think that to some point, I know he's not proven yet, but Laughton might still have more value than Rundblad right now. Just a thought.

Anyways, it would really hurt out offense to get rid of Read, but for Rundblad... I'd do it. But if we were to do this before the season started, it would hurt, considering we'd lose Read and then we still don't have Briere for the first two games at least. So bringing up guys would really suck... Also, is Read left, it might force Laughton to come up early (possibly too early) and stay.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM
_Del_

If I were the Coyotes GM, I would be targeting Couturier. He's defensively responsible so you know he'd fit with Tippett, and he has untapped upside. Worst case, you have another Hanzal to throw out in our top 6. And we have very talented defensemen to spare.
Now I don't think Rundblad has that kind of trade value until he has more time under his belt mind you. There's way too much risk there for Philly. Having said that, he is amazing with the puck and seems to be progressing. It might not be long until he does.
Honestly, Read and a pick would not interest me. Rundblad's upside is just too high. It's not bad value, but I don't think Read is interesting enough for me to pull the trigger. If I was trading Rundblad, I'd want another potential gamebreaker back, and that's not Read (good as he is).
Phoenix doesn't need to trade a defenseman until it's clear Rundblad/Gormley/Stone are ready for full-time roles in the top 4. When/if they are ready, their trade value will be much higher than it is now. That is the time to make a trade: either a veteran to make room or an up and coming but established D. Either way we get a much better return then than now.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 04:46 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
If I were the Coyotes GM, I would be targeting Couturier. He's defensively responsible so you know he'd fit with Tippett, and he has untapped upside. Worst case, you have another Hanzal to throw out in our top 6. And we have very talented defensemen to spare.
Now I don't think Rundblad has that kind of trade value until he has more time under his belt mind you. There's way too much risk there for Philly. Having said that, he is amazing with the puck and seems to be progressing. It might not be long until he does.
Honestly, Read and a pick would not interest me. Rundblad's upside is just too high. It's not bad value, but I don't think Read is interesting enough for me to pull the trigger. If I was trading Rundblad, I'd want another potential gamebreaker back, and that's not Read (good as he is).
Phoenix doesn't need to trade a defenseman until it's clear Rundblad/Gormley/Stone are ready for full-time roles in the top 4. When/if they are ready, their trade value will be much higher than it is now. That is the time to make a trade: either a veteran to make room or an up and coming but established D. Either way we get a much better return then than now.
If the coyotes want Couturier, the Flyers want Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:59 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
If the coyotes want Couturier, the Flyers want Oliver Ekman-Larsson.
That's just silly talk.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Would the Coyotes be more interested in Laughton?
The Coyotes need players who can provide now, not in three years. They're a contending team and need players more than prospects right now.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
I can respect hat but Couturier is a non starter.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 05:20 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
That's just silly talk.
How so? What reason would we have to trade Couturier unless OEL were coming back?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
The Coyotes need players who can provide now, not in three years. They're a contending team and need players more than prospects right now.
The Flyers are also a contending team. IMO, they can't really trade Read for a non NHL ready player, like Runblad. Read is really valuable to our team right now. Unless its a big overpay, he just can't be traded for a prospect.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
The Flyers are also a contending team. IMO, they can't really trade Read for a non NHL ready player, like Runblad. Read is really valuable to our team right now. Unless its a big overpay, he just can't be traded for a prospect.
I, au contraire with many of my fellow Coyotes fans, think Rundblad is NHL ready. He have really shaped up his defensive game and would be a given on many teams' D, just not the very stacked that the Coyotes have.

Philadelphia's abysmal D? He should gain a spot, easily.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Rundblad is NHL ready on teams not coached by Tippett. He made Boedker, a responsible 2 way player in his own right, earn more than 10 minutes a night. Not sure what chance in hell Rundblad has.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:13 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
I'd suggest something around Brayden Schenn + if we hadn't just acquired Luke. Phoenix needs centers don't they?
wait... what? Schenn > Rundblad (and I was EXTREMELY high on Rundblad when he played in Sweden and went over, huge fan of his).

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Rundblad is NHL ready on teams not coached by Tippett. He made Boedker, a responsible 2 way player in his own right, earn more than 10 minutes a night. Not sure what chance in hell Rundblad has.
What do you think it would take for Rangers to aquire Rundblad?

Old
01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
What do you think it would take for Rangers to aquire Rundblad?
Rangers don't really have anyone appealing to the Coyotes that would be an option after the Nash trade.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I, au contraire with many of my fellow Coyotes fans, think Rundblad is NHL ready. He have really shaped up his defensive game and would be a given on many teams' D, just not the very stacked that the Coyotes have.

Philadelphia's abysmal D? He should gain a spot, easily.
Can't tell if serious, but he'd be competing for the #6 spot.

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Mezsaros-

Gervais
Gustafsson
Lilja
(K. Foster)

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:27 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Rangers don't really have anyone appealing to the Coyotes that would be an option after the Nash trade.
Okay. But what are the Phoenix looking for? Prospects? Vets? D's? FWD's?

Old
01-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Schenn +? You're kidding. Schenn is easily worth more than Rundblad.
My God yes! Rundblad's star has dropped big time. Murphy is a better prospect than David.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Can't tell if serious, but he'd be competing for the #6 spot.

Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Schenn
Mezsaros-

Gervais
Gustafsson
Lilja
(K. Foster)
Completely serious. Philadelphia got one of the worst D corps in the league since Pronger is not coming back. The fact that Grossmann is considered a top pairing D says a lot in how ****ing abysmal that D is.

There's one, maybe two or three, D corps I wouldn't take ahead of the Philadelphia setup, but they're a bottom 5 team in D at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
Okay. But what are the Phoenix looking for? Prospects? Vets? D's? FWD's?
3rd line center primarly.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
My God yes! Rundblad's star has dropped big time. Murphy is a better prospect than David.
if you mean Connor Murphy I'm unfortunate to say no, probably not, due to Murphy's extreme injury problems. That dude just can't stay healthy and was just injured for the rest of the season again.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Completely serious. Philadelphia got one of the worst D corps in the league since Pronger is not coming back. The fact that Grossmann is considered a top pairing D says a lot in how ****ing abysmal that D is.

There's one, maybe two or three, D corps I wouldn't take ahead of the Philadelphia setup, but they're a bottom 5 team in D at best.

3rd line center primarly.
Did you watch the flyers at all once they got Grossmann?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Rutkowski

Yeah, I did, which is why I stand by my earlier remark. Making a horrible D into an abysmal one is an upgrade, yeah, but once again the team where he is a first pairing guy is a team with immense D issues.