HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Rundblad to Philadelphia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2013, 03:45 AM
  #151
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
While I don't necessarily agree with all of this I do agree with Dallas... how can anyone say they have a good defense? Trevor Daley, Goligoski and Stephane Robidas are the only NHL calibre defensemen on the team...
Neither Goligoski or Robidas have played like NHL caliber defensemen for the better part of this season. As to the others, being a rookie =/= non-NHL caliber. Dillon has been solid and Larsen is being scratched for no good reason by a coach who makes some questionable personnel decisions.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:41 AM
  #152
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
How about Read and Lilja for Rundblad and Biz Nasty?
Counter offer, Biz Nasty for a 7th. You can hold the 7th if you want to

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:06 AM
  #153
jameswrjobe53
Registered User
 
jameswrjobe53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williamsburg VA
Country: Wake Island
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienKid25 View Post
A little expanded an OT, but what about

Rundblad + Gormley for Schenn
Gormley > Schenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Counter offer, Biz Nasty for a 7th. You can hold the 7th if you want to
I want him! Lol

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:49 PM
  #154
LohiJ
Registered User
 
LohiJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Maybe something around Voracek and pick if needed?

e: Or does Read actually have more value because of his cap hit?

LohiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:45 PM
  #155
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Counter offer, Biz Nasty for a 7th. You can hold the 7th if you want to
OK, you're twisting my arm: Lilja for Biz, but only after Meszaros comes back healthy.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:49 PM
  #156
ViCiieux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LohiJ View Post
Maybe something around Voracek and pick if needed?

e: Or does Read actually have more value because of his cap hit?
Voracek AND a pick for Rundblad?
Are you CRAZY?!

ViCiieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:25 PM
  #157
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
As a Canucks fan, I'd also be pretty interested in Rundblad. If we got another winger(prospect or otherwise) from a Luongo trade, I'd probably be willing to trade Kassian for him 1-for-1, although I'd probably get slaughtered by my fanbase.
Damn right. Lol

Seriously no to it though, we don't need Rundblad if the price is Kassian. Our blueline is locked up long term anyways and we have some prospects coming there, ya they don't have Rundblads upside but there will be limited spots for them moving forward anyways.

If the price is something else then I would totally be interested but not Kassian.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 04:10 PM
  #158
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 500
Wanted to bump this to gauge his value at this point:

If the flyers were to make a deal with the Yotes at the draft for Rundblad what would it take?

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
  #159
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Wanted to bump this to gauge his value at this point:

If the flyers were to make a deal with the Yotes at the draft for Rundblad what would it take?
That 1st is starting to look really good... and it would take an overpayment. I don't believe that Holmgren would trade one of their NHL forwards that would entice Maloney to move Rundblad.

To get a bit off topic I was thinking of a Yandle & Bissonette for Voracek and Couturier trade, but expect the Flyer fan base not to be all excited by that one...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:38 PM
  #160
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
That 1st is starting to look really good... and it would take an overpayment. I don't believe that Holmgren would trade one of their NHL forwards that would entice Maloney to move Rundblad.

To get a bit off topic I was thinking of a Yandle & Bissonette for Voracek and Couturier trade, but expect the Flyer fan base not to be all excited by that one...
Rundblad is not worth the 5th-8th overall pick at all, so that'd be out of the question. I was thinking more something around Matt Read.

Also, Couturier and Voracek for Yandle and bissonette? Are you serious? Voracek is playing at a PPG and leading our team in scoring and is still just 23. Couturier projects to be a premiere shutdown C and is still just 20 and hasn't even begun to reach his ceiling.

Why would we trade them together for a 26 year old defenseman who doesn't really even fix our defense all that much? Yandle is a good puck mover, but he's essentially a glorified Matt Carle in my mind and is going to cost more than he's worth. I'd rather go for a younger guy with potential to add to our very young core.

If you want to talk about a deal around Couturier for Gormley, that'd be a good deal for both teams IMO.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
  #161
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
That 1st is starting to look really good... and it would take an overpayment. I don't believe that Holmgren would trade one of their NHL forwards that would entice Maloney to move Rundblad.

To get a bit off topic I was thinking of a Yandle & Bissonette for Voracek and Couturier trade, but expect the Flyer fan base not to be all excited by that one...
BizNasty has done nothing for you guys, especially this year. Yandle is very similar to Carle, but we all know how Carle was for us. So essentially you're asking for Voracek, our leading scorer, and Couturier, our youngest regular player that is in a sophomore slump, for Yandle? That's just awful...

Also, our 1st currently stands at 6th overall (with a possibility of being 1st overall with the lottery), what has Rundblad proven to be worth that?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:48 PM
  #162
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
Read is UFAin another year. Phoenix would need more for Rundblad.

Phoenix's needs are at Center. They would be interested in someone who projects out to be a top line center; just as Rundblad projects out as a high end puck moving d man.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:51 PM
  #163
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Read is UFAin another year. Phoenix would need more for Rundblad.

Phoenix's needs are at Center. They would be interested in someone who projects out to be a top line center; just as Rundblad projects out as a high end puck moving d man.
Keyword there. Couturier, while not a master of the offense, is still younger than Rundblad and has played in two full seasons now. Couturier, even though he's in a sophomore slump, is much easier to predict than Rundblad, considering how much he's at least played at the NHL level. Rundblad still needs to finish one. I'm curious, why hasn't he played since February? Also, he had 1 point in 8 games and was a -5? Was he that bad defensively?

But you truly believe Rundblad is worth a 1C?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:56 PM
  #164
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
Gormley > Schenn
Wow.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:58 PM
  #165
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Read is UFAin another year. Phoenix would need more for Rundblad.

Phoenix's needs are at Center. They would be interested in someone who projects out to be a top line center; just as Rundblad projects out as a high end puck moving d man.
I agree that Phoenix would get more than read. The deal would be read + for Rundblad because of Rundblads potential. Maybe something like Read and our 2nd (which would be a high 2nd) for Rundblad.

I don't think Rundblad is going to get you a potential 1st line C because he doesn't project to be a #1 defenseman. His place at this juncture is likely a top 4 PMD with the capability to MAYBE be a #2 calibre defenseman.

If you want a guy like Couturier who has #1 shutdown defenseman potential, we'd likely need Gormley in return.

I'm not interested in Yandle at all for the Flyers.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
  #166
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User
 
Kevin8se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,149
vCash: 500
Rundblad + 2nd was worth Turris

Turris didn't have tremendous value at the time
Rundblad's value has only gone down, and Phoenix doesn;t seem to love him all that much

How is he worth Couturier, Voracek or a 1st? lol

Flyers would offer no more than a 2nd and something else not worth mentioning. Or maybe Matt Read.
If I was a Phoenix fan, I'd be happy with that because Rundblad will never get a real shot on your team - he doesnt fit your system.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:59 PM
  #167
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Rundblad is not worth the 5th-8th overall pick at all, so that'd be out of the question. I was thinking more something around Matt Read.
I suspected that, but do not think Read would entice Maloney to trade Rundblad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Also, Couturier and Voracek for Yandle and bissonette? Are you serious? Voracek is playing at a PPG and leading our team in scoring and is still just 23. Couturier projects to be a premiere shutdown C and is still just 20 and hasn't even begun to reach his ceiling.

Why would we trade them together for a 26 year old defenseman who doesn't really even fix our defense all that much? Yandle is a good puck mover, but he's essentially a glorified Matt Carle in my mind and is going to cost more than he's worth. I'd rather go for a younger guy with potential to add to our very young core.

If you want to talk about a deal around Couturier for Gormley, that'd be a good deal for both teams IMO.
I told you, you wouldn't like it. IMO, Yandle is better than Carle and would be a better fit with the Flyers (that is not taking away his worth to the Coyotes, just saying his stats would increase with the Flyers - more like what a 70 point d'man would be worth to the Flyers, because I believe that is an obtainable upside and suspect Holmgren believes this and why he has been going after Yandle). I also believe Bissonette would be a better fit on the Flyers, considering they wouldn't need him to generate any offense, is a very good defensive forward with size, and a decent pugilist when needed. On the offensive challenged Coyotes, he is often a healthy scratch because he doesn't bring any real offensive threat, and they are loaded with defensive responsible forwards that can chip in on the offense. I'm sure the Coyotes would like the Flyer's 1st pick, but I'm guessing they would like to draft Nurse (if they don't win the lottery).
Just saying that you may be undervalueing Yandle and Bissonette. Voracek and Couturier are an overpayment, but not as much as you make it out to be, as I believe that Yandle would be worth more to the Flyers than Voracek is. Also was thinking if the Flyers would be interested in his pairing partner, Morris?

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:19 PM
  #168
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Rundblad + 2nd was worth Turris

Turris didn't have tremendous value at the time
Rundblad's value has only gone down, and Phoenix doesn;t seem to love him all that much

How is he worth Couturier, Voracek or a 1st? lol

Flyers would offer no more than a 2nd and something else not worth mentioning. Or maybe Matt Read.
If I was a Phoenix fan, I'd be happy with that because Rundblad will never get a real shot on your team - he doesnt fit your system.
IMO, he will be on the roster come open day next season. And he does fit the team's system. His problem with being an everyday player is that Tippet pairs a Offensive-type D-man with a Defensive one and you can not argue he is better than Ekman-Larsson or Yandle, which leaves the bottom pairing. And this has been a wasted season, at least for the Coyotes.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 07:25 PM
  #169
Norm MacDonald
Registered User
 
Norm MacDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Rundblad is a horrific defensive player and I want him as far away from the Flyers roster as possible. Maybe he'll turn around his development, but that risk isn't worth more than a 2nd or so.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 10:02 PM
  #170
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Rundblad + 2nd was worth Turris

Turris didn't have tremendous value at the time
Rundblad's value has only gone down, and Phoenix doesn;t seem to love him all that much

How is he worth Couturier, Voracek or a 1st? lol

Flyers would offer no more than a 2nd and something else not worth mentioning. Or maybe Matt Read.
If I was a Phoenix fan, I'd be happy with that because Rundblad will never get a real shot on your team - he doesnt fit your system.
Rundblad has made huge strides in his own zone this year. He's developing very nicely. Not sure how anyone would think his value has decreased. He'll be NHL ready by mid next season. I think. You may be confusing organizational depth and a new found patience with developing prospects as a negative opinion on the kills of Rundblad by Coyote management. That is just untrue.

Maloney isn't about to move Rundblad for something that doesn't fit into the Coyotes long term plans which is why pending UFA Read is of little interest. Phoenix has plenty of picks and a decent prospect base that a 2nd would get a "ho hum" response. If it doesn't address a. Need there is really zero incentive to move Rundblad.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:25 AM
  #171
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,158
vCash: 500
I wonder if PHX fans could rank the following players according to ceiling / potential: Yandle (already realized), Gormley, and Rundblad.

Voracek won't be on the table for any of them. Neither, for practical purposes, would B. Schenn, because of the acquisition of L. Schenn.

Couturier, a PHX native, makes the most sense, but I'm not sure Gormley or Rundblad carry enough value to return him. Yandle does--but most Flyers fans hate that notion.

The Flyers also have Scott Laughton, who projects to make the club next season.

If the Flyers end up picking 8-10, I'd consider moving the pick for Gormley, or in a package for Yandle.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 08:53 AM
  #172
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I wonder if PHX fans could rank the following players according to ceiling / potential: Yandle (already realized), Gormley, and Rundblad.

Voracek won't be on the table for any of them. Neither, for practical purposes, would B. Schenn, because of the acquisition of L. Schenn.

Couturier, a PHX native, makes the most sense, but I'm not sure Gormley or Rundblad carry enough value to return him. Yandle does--but most Flyers fans hate that notion.

The Flyers also have Scott Laughton, who projects to make the club next season.

If the Flyers end up picking 8-10, I'd consider moving the pick for Gormley, or in a package for Yandle.
Offensively Rundblad way ahead of Gormely. Rundblad today is arguably the most skilled puck handler in the organization. He sits on the farm and was only made available by the Sens in the first place because they knew he would take 2-3 years before he could play effectively in his own zone. Keep in mind the Sens fans who were outraged when Rundblad was packaged up for the perennially underachieving Turris. Rundblad has potential to be an elite offensive catalyst. Their are very few D men out their that possess his level of skill with the puck. I don't believe that the Flyers second round pick would have as much potential impact as continuing to develop this asset. He's never going to be Lidstrom back there but he's never going to be asked to kill a 5 on 3 (although he is killing penalties in the A at times).

Overall Gormely ahead of Rundblad. Gormely will be a top 2/3 D in this league but play much more well-rounded (read as Dave Tippettstyle). With Morris/Klesla set to be summertime/deadline moves (why Phoenix doesn't need to worry about 2nd round picks) Gormely projects nicely onto the roster full-time in 2014-2015. Of course this all depends on who's coaching. Tippett is a UFA himself.

Phoenix would be looking to deal potential (Rundblad +) for someone who can step into a top #1 or 2 Center role. That's likely not available or as likely/appealing as the Yandle scenario (especially from the Phoenix standpoint). Personally the only two names worth discussing are Coutourier and Laughton. Voracek would be off the table. Would love to know where Phoenix brass had Laughton on their draft board. We do know they had Filip Forsberg in their top 5 and he wasn't enough to tempt them to move Yandle.


Last edited by hbk: 04-13-2013 at 09:08 AM.
hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:08 AM
  #173
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post

Phoenix would be looking to deal potential (Rundblad +) for someone who can step into a top #1 or 2 Center role. That's likely not available or as likely/appealing as the Yandle scenario (especially from the Phoenix standpoint). Personally the only two names worth discussing are Coutourier and Laughton. Voracek would be off the table. Would love to know where Phoenix brass had Laughton on their draft board. We do know they had Filipino Forsberg in their top 5 and he wasn't enough to tempt them to move Yandle.
Laughton was quite impressive in his cup-of-coffee appearance this year, and has done nothing but improve his stock in the CHL. He's a really intriguing piece--enough to make some fans (at least) willing to part with Couturier. He doesn't figure to have Couturier's offensive production, though. I think his ceiling is a very good 2C, with a floor as a very good 3C. Most have penciled him in to the third line for next season. I'd rather move Laughton than Couturier, but I know that others disagree.

The other possibility is something around the Flyers 1st. There's a decent chance that it ends up 7-10, where the best players on the board are center prospects (Lindholm, Monahan). I'm one of the few willing to move the pick at that point--though not if it is top-5.

Do you think that PHX would have made the deal you alluded to if OEL was already signed?

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:33 AM
  #174
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Laughton was quite impressive in his cup-of-coffee appearance this year, and has done nothing but improve his stock in the CHL. He's a really intriguing piece--enough to make some fans (at least) willing to part with Couturier. He doesn't figure to have Couturier's offensive production, though. I think his ceiling is a very good 2C, with a floor as a very good 3C. Most have penciled him in to the third line for next season. I'd rather move Laughton than Couturier, but I know that others disagree.

The other possibility is something around the Flyers 1st. There's a decent chance that it ends up 7-10, where the best players on the board are center prospects (Lindholm, Monahan). I'm one of the few willing to move the pick at that point--though not if it is top-5.

Do you think that PHX would have made the deal you alluded to if OEL was already signed?
OEL is signed already. That isn't an issue.

Phoenix has Samuellson who projects as a nasty #2/3 Center in his own right which is why I fear that the Coyotes have limited interest in Laughton. Samuellson can play RW as well though so he would give Phoenix options.

Coutourier overall is more intriguing. Flyers don't move him unless they feel they are covered with Laughton. They won't move both IMO. A Flyers pick in that 6-10 range is very appealing. All depends if the strategy is to sell high on Yandle and not low on Rundblad (would take Rundblad+). That all depends on ownership, who's the GM and coach. Expect some players to ask to be moved pending relocation which could change everything.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 09:38 AM
  #175
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
OEL is signed already. That isn't an issue.

Phoenix has Samuellson who projects as a nasty #2/3 Center in his own right which is why I fear that the Coyotes have limited interest in Laughton. Samuellson can play RW as well though so he would give Phoenix options.

Coutourier overall is more intriguing. Flyers don't move him unless they feel they are covered with Laughton. They won't move both IMO. A Flyers pick in that 6-10 range is very appealing. All depends if the strategy is to sell high on Yandle and not low on Rundblad (would take Rundblad+). That all depends on ownership, who's the GM and coach. Expect some players to ask to be moved pending relocation which could change everything.
I know he is signed now. I took from your previous post that the Coyotes passed on a deal involving Forsberg + for Yandle, and I wasn't sure whether that was before or after OEL signed his extension.

I'm a fan of Yandle, and I think he's exactly what the Flyers need to work successfully in Laviolette's system. The absence of Carle and Pronger has proved problematic this year, when the team is utterly incapable of getting the puck out of its own end and initiating a transition. Both the offense and defense suffers because of it.

But that's not a popular position among Flyers fans. Most look at the advanced stats and see Yandle as a liability in his own end incapable of playing in all situations.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.