HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

David Rundblad to Philadelphia

Old
04-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Norm MacDonald

vCash: 500
If Rundblad is traded, that will be the third time he's dealt before he's an NHL regular. There's a reason for that...

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:20 PM
XX
One More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
If Rundblad is traded, that will be the third time he's dealt before he's an NHL regular. There's a reason for that...
It's almost like he has... trade value.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:21 PM
hbk

Quote:
Development time. Time he's putting in at the moment and time Phoenix is willing to allow him to take to mature into an impact NHL player. What Phoenix has done has not diminished Rundblads value. Far from it.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It's almost like he has... trade value.
It's almost like he... is awful and not coachable.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:23 PM
hbk

Quote:
Those that watch him play in the AHL are very happy with the steps he's taking. He is developing as expected.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Those that watch him play in the AHL are very happy with the steps he's taking. He is developing as expected.
He's certainly developing as I expected him to. What numbers!

The Flyers need defenders and Rundblad doesn't qualify.

Old
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Are you a Flyers fan?

The Flyers need puck-movers on the blueline. Rundblad fits the bill very nicely. Whether he's worth the price is another matter. But he would absolutely fit a need.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:05 PM
hbk

Quote:

Coyotes asked him to focus more on his d zone play and decrease the number of pinches which result in odd man rushes against. Early in the season he struggled with the adjustments but the net result is a 20 point improvment in his plus/minus while still falling in the top 15 for points by a D man. Like I said he's developing as expected.

Old
04-13-2013, 05:43 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
...or perhaps, teams want him...
I mean, why would teams trade for him otherwise? It does seem like common sense to me!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 06:23 PM
rt
CoolWhiskyHotGravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
"Yes, please!" to this deal if it were offered. Nothing at all against Rundblad, but Lindholm or Monahan would finally give the Yotes the potential 1C they've lacked since Roenick. Even if they end up topping out as a 2C, the trade would still be worth it (although I'm sold more on Lindholm's Bergeron-esque play than with Monahan).

Bergeron is the perfect comparable. Great call. Well done.

04-13-2013, 11:23 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
...or perhaps, teams want him...
I mean, why would teams trade for him otherwise? It does seem like common sense to me!
Because he has undeniable offensive ability. Now why would the teams that know him best give up on him so early?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Are you a Flyers fan?

The Flyers need puck-movers on the blueline. Rundblad fits the bill very nicely. Whether he's worth the price is another matter. But he would absolutely fit a need.
Puckmovers are nice. So are defenders who don't get beat 1-on-1 every shift. Putting Runblad on the roster fills one hole, but digs a bigger one.

Last edited by Norm MacDonald: 04-13-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old
04-13-2013, 11:29 PM
hbk

Quote:
Because he has undeniable offensive ability. Now why would the teams that know him best give up on him so early?
Development time. Time he's putting in at the moment and time Phoenix is willing to allow him to take to mature into an impact NHL player.

If you aren't interested no worries. Phoenix is happy to enjoy the benefits of his development for years to come.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Development time. Time he's putting in at the moment and time Phoenix is willing to allow him to take to mature into an impact NHL player.
Fine, then let Phoenix do that and give him a spot on the roster when he's ready. That's what teams do when they believe in their players.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:37 PM
hbk

Quote:
Fine, then let Phoenix do that and give him a spot on the roster when he's ready. That's what teams do when they believe in their players.
Are you criticizing Maloney for doing exactly that?

I think some Flyer fans are concerned about a lack of a transition game leading to limited offense and more time defending. They aren't alone as there are several other franchises that lack the same element (most notably the Oilers who have tremendous skill up front). Heck I know I was shocked that the Flyers were shut out by the Sabres backup today.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:45 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
i'm actually not a huge fan of the way phoenix has been developing him. IMO, they need to do what washington did with green, ottawa with karlsson, and edmonton is now doing with schultz. Find him a vet partner to stay at home, and let him loose. When he makes mistakes, dont bench him or send him to the AHL, throw him out there again.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 11:53 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i'm actually not a huge fan of the way phoenix has been developing him. IMO, they need to do what washington did with green, ottawa with karlsson, and edmonton is now doing with schultz. Find him a vet partner to stay at home, and let him loose. When he makes mistakes, dont bench him or send him to the AHL, throw him out there again.
20-25 mins/night in AHL vs 10 mins/night in NHL? I think given the huge issues he had a year ago in his own zone the only recourse was a prolonged stint in the A rather than potentially cost the franchise a playoff spot/Pacific Division title.

Phoenix definitely has to make some room by end of next season for Rundblad.

Old
04-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Those teams do not have the depth the Yotes have on D.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
20-25 mins/night in AHL vs 10 mins/night in NHL? I think given the huge issues he had a year ago in his own zone the only recourse was a prolonged stint in the A rather than potentially cost the franchise a playoff spot/Pacific Division title.

Phoenix definitely has to make some room by end of next season for Rundblad.
The way it looks, Klesla may be the odd man out and with all the Yandle rumors it may not to difficult to find room for Rundblad and maybe Gormley.

Old
04-14-2013, 05:28 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
The way it looks, Klesla may be the odd man out and with all the Yandle rumors it may not to difficult to find room for Rundblad and maybe Gormley.
The Coyotes could trade 2 d-men this off-season. Which ones depend on the return. I doubt that Gormley will be ready when next season starts, but the Coyotes have to keep Stone (and Schemko) in the line-up. Z (and his $4mil pay check) may be the odd man out.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are you criticizing Maloney for doing exactly that?

I think some Flyer fans are concerned about a lack of a transition game leading to limited offense and more time defending. They aren't alone as there are several other franchises that lack the same element (most notably the Oilers who have tremendous skill up front). Heck I know I was shocked that the Flyers were shut out by the Sabres backup today.
Our transition game is non existent, and our 5 on 5 scoring is near the bottom of the league.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:30 AM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

If the it comes to the flyers pick, and Jones, Drouin, Mackinnon, Nurse and Barkov are off the board, would the Coyotes in interested in something like:

PHI 1st (5th-7th overall)
PHI 2nd (high second)
Nick Cousins

For

Brandon Gormley
PHX 1st

PHX gets a high 1st that they could pick a game changing forward with, a high 2nd that could be very valuable in a deep draft and a firey young C prospect with decent upside.

PHI gets a young potential ~#2 defenseman who could probably step into a roster spot next season, as well a later first to try and find a big winger with a good shot for Giroux (Mantha).

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The Coyotes could trade 2 d-men this off-season. Which ones depend on the return. I doubt that Gormley will be ready when next season starts, but the Coyotes have to keep Stone (and Schemko) in the line-up. Z (and his $4mil pay check) may be the odd man out.
I agree, but I think GMDM and Tipp like Z more than we do.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:34 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If the it comes to the flyers pick, and Jones, Drouin, Mackinnon, Nurse and Barkov are off the board, would the Coyotes in interested in something like:

PHI 2nd (high second)
Nick Cousins

For

Brandon Gormley
PHX 1st

PHX gets a high 1st that they could pick a game changing forward with, a high 2nd that could be very valuable in a deep draft and a firey young C prospect with decent upside.

PHI gets a young potential ~#2 defenseman who could probably step into a roster spot next season, as well a later first to try and find a big winger with a good shot for Giroux (Mantha).
I think Maloney would prefer an option that doesn't include Gormely. I see a potential issue down the road with PP ice-time with a lineup that includes both Rundblad and Yandle.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

PHI 2nd (high second)
Nick Cousins

For

Brandon Gormley
PHX 1st

This would get my attention, although I do not know much about Cousins.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
I think Maloney would prefer an option that doesn't include Gormely. I see a potential issue down the road with PP ice-time with a lineup that includes both Rundblad and Yandle.
Since Philly needs a puck moving D, insert Rundblad for Gormley.