HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Kesler

Old
01-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Minimalist*

vCash: 500
Ryan Kesler

This is all baseless conjecture and fantasy. I've been without hockey for a while, so indulge me.

Lets pretend that the Nucks want to unload Kesler, for whatever reason. Management was disgusted with his on ice antics last playoffs, AV doesn't like him, locker room issues... whatever. Canucks ask him to waive his NTC.

(I guess just to give it a semblance of coherence, in this make believe scenario, Nucks land Gardiner in the Luongo deal, which frees up Edler to be moved to find a 2c replacement)

In this mystical world of make believe, what sort of return would Kesler warrant?

What we are looking for is second line wingers. No futures, no 3 prospects and a pick. A young, talented, second line winger (ala bobby ryan).

What say you?

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:58 PM
bumperkisser

if kesler showed that he was fully healthy than yes i'd trade you bobby ryan for him. but rigth now hes a ? in terms of his health

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Who would our 2C be?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Who would our 2C be?
Lapierre?

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Who would our 2C be?
Turris. Then Staal. Now? Who knows... KIDDING!

I don't know. I'm sure we could package Edler with some futures for a stellar 2c. Weiss is always an option as a stop gap. Might be able to get Stastny. Who knows. This is all fantasy hockey stuff.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Badger Mayhew*

Quote:
Who would our 2C be?
Bozak

Badger Mayhew* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Pip
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
I would be looking for a player with a strong two way game (maybe selke level or just below) and can fill the #2 spot while being an important part of our PP and PK

Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:20 AM
NewBoysClub97*
All-Star

He seems to be injury prone now. Who knows what his health will be in the future. I would say it's a risk.

NewBoysClub97* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I would be looking for a player with a strong two way game (maybe selke level or just below) and can fill the #2 spot while being an important part of our PP and PK
Our mystery centre could be anything...even a Ryan Kesler.

Also, would not trade Kesler for Ryan. Kesler has put up similar or better numbers when healthy playing with Raymond and Samuelsson rather than Getzlaf and Perry while having a longer contract and being significantly better defensively.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
For a Healthy Kesler I'd be looking for a Top-4 Defenseman with Potential, a 2nd line center +.

When he's on his game, Kesler is one of the best players in the league, plus he plays both PK and PP very well.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Sergei Shirokov

I would look for something similar to what Philly got for Richards and Carter if we ever were going to make that move.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Spectrefire

If he was going to Toronto, they would have to start at Reily and then add.

Spectrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:48 AM
Cogburn

What did Carter and Richards go for? That, but more, since we have no desire to move him. None. So make it worthwhile.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:50 AM
The Red Line

A lot of what the OP says makes sense.... except for all of the trading Kesler part.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:56 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
What did Carter and Richards go for? That, but more, since we have no desire to move him. None. So make it worthwhile.
Carter was able to fetch Voracek and the 7th Overall Pick (Couturier)

Richards reeled in Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

It would have to be something along those lines for Kesler to leave town, he loves it here and we love him, he's not going anywhere anytime soon barring some unforeseen disaster happening.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
If he was going to Toronto, they would have to start at Reily and then add.
Doubt that would ever happen.... but I'll put this proposal to a test.

To Toronto:
- Kesler
- Luongo

To Vancouver:
- Bozak
- Lupul
- Franson
- Kadri?

I don't know what each side would think about this, but it does fill needs on both sides (going by tsn reports). Leafs get their #1 Centre that provides stability on both sides of the ice. They also get Luongo to help support their back-end. I think this would also keep all they nay-sayers against Luongo's contract.

Vancouver would get a great addition to go with the Sedin line-up, Franson would help solidify their back-end (he's a good top 4 player IMO, that looked to be in Wilson's doghouse and not appreciating Toronto due to it). Bozak would be their 2nd line centre.

Sedin - Sedin - Lupul
Booth - Bozak - Burrows
Kassian - Maholtra - Higgins
Raymond - Lapierre - Weisse
Kadri

Bieksa - Hamsuis
Franson - Ballard
Edler - Alberts

Schneider

van Reimsdyk - Kesler - Kessel
Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
Frattin - McClement - Connolly
Brown - Steckel - Komarov
Lombardi

Phanuef - Gunnarson
Gardiner - Liles
Komisarek - Holzer

Luoungo

However, I think it safe to say that Vancouver would only let go of Kesler for an overpayment.

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:21 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post

To Toronto:
- Kesler
- Luongo

To Vancouver:
- Bozak
- Lupul
- Franson
- Kadri?

I don't know what each side would think about this, but it does fill needs on both sides (going by tsn reports). Leafs get their #1 Centre that provides stability on both sides of the ice. They also get Luongo to help support their back-end. I think this would also keep all they nay-sayers against Luongo's contract.

Vancouver would get a great addition to go with the Sedin line-up, Franson would help solidify their back-end (he's a good top 4 player IMO, that looked to be in Wilson's doghouse and not appreciating Toronto due to it). Bozak would be their 2nd line centre.

Sedin - Sedin - Lupul van Reimsdyk - Kesler - Kessel
Booth - Bozak - Burrows Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kassian - Maholtra - Higgins Frattin - McClement - Connolly
Raymond - Lapierre - Weisse Brown - Steckel - Komarov
Kadri Lombardi

Bieksa - Hamsuis Phanuef - Gunnarson
Franson - Ballard Gardiner - Liles
Edler - Alberts Komisarek - Holzer

Schneider Luoungo
However, I think it safe to say that Vancouver would only let go of Kesler for an overpayment.
It would cost alot more than that. Bozak is essentially a 3rd liner on our team and he doesn't fill the hole left by Kes and Lupul isn't really an upgrade on Burrows, Kadri is nice but Franson doesn't add much value since he doesn't want to play for you and wouldn't crack our top 6.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:33 AM
ferroid

Quote:

To Toronto:
- Kesler
- Luongo

To Vancouver:
- Bozak
- Lupul
- Franson
- Kadri?

ferroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
It would cost alot more than that. Bozak is essentially a 3rd liner on our team and he doesn't fill the hole left by Kes and Lupul isn't really an upgrade on Burrows, Kadri is nice but Franson doesn't add much value since he doesn't want to play for you and wouldn't crack our top 6.
Your arguement that Lupul and Burrows are at the same market value is really perplexing... Bozak would be a 2nd with Kesler gone.

Last edited by Chungo: 01-09-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 04:42 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferroid View Post
Really don't get where this is coming from...

Bob McKenzie has stated that Vancouver needs to solidify their RW position on the 1st line (Lupul would fit this category really well)

Also stated that your back-end was hurting with injuries and question marks... The Leafs have a ton of available Defensemen that would work to improve the Defense. Franson would be ideal in Vancouver's system, but if wanted something else... just counter offer.

Also stated that with Kesler out for the rest of the year Bozak would be ideal if not fixed internally with Burrows or Higgins.

Kadri would be the replacement lost on Hodgson from the Kassian trade.

Lupul and Kadri - similar to Simmonds and Schenn - but Richards is worth more IMO
Franson and Bozak - might need more for Luongo, but whatever

Make counter-offer....... This is based on value... I don't think that Vancouver would ever trade Kesler - He is a home-town favourite.

Also, I don't think Burke would trade Lupul, but we need #1 Centre and with JVR in the mix, we prolly need to trade.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Your arguement that Lupul and Burrows have the same value makes me question your hockey knowlege...

I'm going to disregard your next few posts just because I feel like I had to waste time reading your post.
I was trying to be nice in my post towards your unbelievably brutal offer but I see you don't share that same respect towards other fans.

Okay so congradulations, Lupul exploded for 67 points, Burrows did that 3 seasons ago. And unlike Lupul Burrows has put up 25+ goals in each of the last 4 years, including one 35 goal year and one where he missed 12 games. And has been on the top PK for a long time and has been clutch in the playoffs, aswell he brings more grit, defensive ability and speed than Lupul.

Even if Lupul came here he would not take that spot over Burrows, Burrows is easily the best player the Sedin's have ever player with Chemistry wise, and Lupul's one good season after be considered a salary dump doesn't change that.

As the original post said that you replied too, it starts with Rielly and you add if you want Kesler, the package will be around the same as what Carter and Richards got, possible more since we aren't fond of moving him what so ever and your offer which includes 2 pending UFA's doesn't even come close to that.

Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 01-09-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Really don't get where this is coming from...

Bob McKenzie has stated that Vancouver needs to solidify their RW position on the 1st line (Lupul would fit this category really well)

Also stated that your back-end was hurting with injuries and question marks... The Leafs have a ton of available Defensemen that would work to improve the Defense. Franson would be ideal in Vancouver's system, but if wanted something else... just counter offer.

Also stated that with Kesler out for the rest of the year Bozak would be ideal if not fixed internally with Burrows or Higgins.

Kadri would be the replacement lost on Hodgson from the Kassian trade.

Lupul and Kadri - similar to Simmonds and Schenn - but Richards is worth more IMO
Franson and Bozak - might need more for Luongo, but whatever

Make counter-offer....... This is based on value... I don't think that Vancouver would ever trade Kesler - He is a home-town favourite.

Also, I don't think Burke would trade Lupul, but we need #1 Centre and with JVR in the mix, we prolly need to trade.
No Bob said that we need to solidfy it on the 2nd line. Sedin - Sedin - Burrows is among one of the best lines in the NHL if not the best and has been for quite awhile.

Also I love Bob but he doesn't really know much about our team, he said Burrows was being highly considered for 2nd Line Center until Kesler returns and that has never even been contemplated and doesn't make any sense for us.

Lupul and Kadri isn't really similar to Simmonds and Schenn, if Lupul can put up 60+ points again then maybe but it seems risky with the up and down career he has had, and Schenn > Kadri, and I am one of the few Vancouver fans who really like Kadri and thinks he is great.

Quote:
Your arguement that Lupul and Burrows are at the same market value is really perplexing... Bozak would be a 2nd with Kesler gone.
Bozak would not fill the hole left by Kesler, he is the straw that sturs the drink on our team, Bozak is a candidate but he wouldn't be the sure #2, Higgins could beat him out and I would be open to giving Kadri and Schroeder that chance aswell.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:54 AM
Chungo

Quote:
I was trying to be nice in my post towards your unbelievably brutal offer but I see you don't share that same respect towards other fans.

Okay so congradulations, Lupul exploded for 67 points, Burrows did that 3 seasons ago. And unlike Lupul Burrows has put up 25+ goals in each of the last 4 years, including one 35 goal year and one where he missed 12 games.

Even if Lupul came here he would not take that spot over Burrows, Burrows is easily the best player the Sedin's have ever player with Chemistry wise, and Lupul's one good season after be considered a salary dump doesn't change that.

As the original post said that you replied too, it starts with Rielly and you add if you want Kesler, the package will be around the same as what Carter and Richards got, possible more since we aren't fond of moving him what so ever and your offer which includes 2 pending UFA's doesn't even come close to that.
I'm not going to lie..that post was a bit harsh for the reation....edited because of it... I apologize

Lupul had a great season with Kessel being the big reason why he exploded, if he worked with Sedin's I guarantee that would be a scary 1st line... Last 2 season Burrows production has gone to 48-52 points and Vancouvers "biological clock" is ticking.

And if you're serious about putting Burrows over Lupul than thats your opinion, but you should watch a few more Leaf games this year.

Regardless this is just if Van would want to trade him, but its not happening...we can stop this cuz it will just get dirty.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Chungo

Quote:
No Bob said that we need to solidfy it on the 2nd line. Sedin - Sedin - Burrows is among one of the best lines in the NHL if not the best and has been for quite awhile.

Also I love Bob but he doesn't really know much about our team, he said Burrows was being highly considered for 2nd Line Center until Kesler returns and that has never even been contemplated and doesn't make any sense for us.

How do you know it has never been contemplated, who would your choice be?

Lupul and Kadri isn't really similar to Simmonds and Schenn, if Lupul can put up 60+ points again then maybe but it seems risky with the up and down career he has had, and Schenn > Kadri, and I am one of the few Vancouver fans who really like Kadri and thinks he is great.

I agree with you that Schenn > Kadri, but at this point atleast Lupul >> Simmonds... I thought that's where the deal would level out

Bozak would not fill the hole left by Kesler, he is the straw that sturs the drink on our team, Bozak is a candidate but he wouldn't be the sure #2, Higgins could beat him out and I would be open to giving Kadri and Schroeder that chance aswell.
Bozak would probably be a stop-gap measure, but this is a hypothetical trade scenario based on the value of Kesler... i.e. you are not going to get a 2nd line centre and 1st line RW for just Kesler...even though Kadri might be able to bring that

Kadri and Burrows would be a very good agitating line in the future BTW

Old
01-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Minimalist*

Quote:
I'm not going to lie..that post was a bit harsh for the reation....edited because of it... I apologize

Lupul had a great season with Kessel being the big reason why he exploded, if he worked with Sedin's I guarantee that would be a scary 1st line... Last 2 season Burrows production has gone to 48-52 points and Vancouvers "biological clock" is ticking.

And if you're serious about putting Burrows over Lupul than thats your opinion, but you should watch a few more Leaf games this year.

Regardless this is just if Van would want to trade him, but its not happening...we can stop this cuz it will just get dirty.
Your proposal was ridiculously bad. Lupul's value isn't in the same universe you think it is. Not to mention you included Luongo in there, which is just mind boggling as to how you think the value was even remotely close.

Lupul, Bozak, and two guys who on our team would be AHL fodder for Luongo and Kesler? Seriously?

I say this with all sincerity, that is one of the worst proposals I have ever seen on this board.