HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Other Chicago & General Sports Thread - Part XVI: IU WINS OUTRIGHT BIG TEN TITLE

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2013, 11:20 AM
  #226
Kurtosis
Lolla Approaching
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 10,863
vCash: 500



Jimmy Butler's reaction is priceless. Reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q

Kurtosis is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
  #227
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Arizona locks up Prado to 4 years and $40M. That's probably fair for him, but I don't like him enough to have given him quite that much, personally.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
  #228
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
I made a logo design for a make-the-new-Illinois-logo contest. I am going to submit one.

Would you guys like me to post the photo or do you guys not give a ****?

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:32 PM
  #229
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Logo for what exactly?


And post it.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:33 PM
  #230
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,113
vCash: 500
Mark Grace gets 4 months in prison for his DUI

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
  #231
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Logo for what exactly?


And post it.
U of I is getting a new logo. They are leaving up to the fans to decide.

I have had previous luck in this sort of thing. Nike had this thing called "Campus Roar" in which they let fans come up with t-shirts with "roars", or slogans, essentially, for 15 schools (one per school). My Illinois one got voted into production.



When I get home, I can post the picture. It's on my Facebook, but Facebook is blocked at my current location.

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:36 PM
  #232
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Mark Grace gets 4 months in prison for his DUI
He's been popped like 2 or 3 times before, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
U of I is getting a new logo. They are leaving up to the fans to decide.

I have had previous luck in this sort of thing. Nike had this thing called "Campus Roar" in which they let fans come up with t-shirts with "roars", or slogans, essentially, for 15 schools (one per school). My Illinois one got voted into production.


When I get home, I can post the picture. It's on my Facebook, but Facebook is blocked at my current location.
Oh, you mean the school... duh.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
  #233
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
He's been popped like 2 or 3 times before, right?



.
Its his 3rd

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
  #234
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
Mark deserves his sentence. You can't do that. Uncle is in a (worse) DUI predicament and although it's been tough, he totally deserved his sentence. Not only can you harm yourself, but you can obviously harm others. It will always be ridiculous to me that active and retired athletes with a substantial amount of money can't find a DD or call a cab.

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
  #235
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,281
vCash: 500
Zero sympathy. Especially because when you live anywhere within Maricopa County out there in Arizona you know damn well it's the home of the strictest DUI laws in the country. Not that it's ok to get a DUI anywhere, but if you're dumb enough to temp that fate there, let alone numerous times, you deserve whatever you get. Inexcusable.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
  #236
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Its his 3rd
Should get at least a year, IMO. Wish the DUI laws were more strict.


I have a friend, and she has racked up 3 within 5 years. Hasn't seen a single day in a prison or anything. In fact, she knew the person who had to sign off on her community service hours and didn't actually do a single hour of work, and they just forged them all for her.


Hell, also have another friend that got popped... cop didn't show up to court date, charges dropped like it never happened.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:51 PM
  #237
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Should get at least a year, IMO. Wish the DUI laws were more strict.


I have a friend, and she has racked up 3 within 5 years. Hasn't seen a single day in a prison or anything. In fact, she knew the person who had to sign off on her community service hours and didn't actually do a single hour of work, and they just forged them all for her.


Hell, also have another friend that got popped... cop didn't show up to court date, charges dropped like it never happened.
My uncle got over three years in jail. Still is serving. However, he totally deserved his. He certainly had quite a few. He got his license taken away. He went out drinking with a friend. She was "more drunk" than he was, so she had him drive them home. No license, someone else's car, and being over the legal limit on top of his other DUIs got him a tough, but again, deserved, sentence.

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
  #238
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
My uncle got over three years in jail. Still is serving. However, he totally deserved his. He certainly had quite a few. He got his license taken away. He went out drinking with a friend. She was "more drunk" than he was, so she had him drive them home. No license, someone else's car, and being over the legal limit on top of his other DUIs got him a tough, but again, deserved, sentence.
Jeez.... I had a friend that had a go to pizza place and bar. At the end of every night, he would always order a pizza for delivery and get a ride home with the delivery man.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 01:58 PM
  #239
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
That is so genius.

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 02:03 PM
  #240
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
That is so genius.
Worked out great for the driver too, because it was almost always the same guy... and he'd get a like a $15-20 tip every time.


Out here it's pretty cool, we have a bunch of companies that will come pick you and your car up, and drive you home, 24/7. The company we use the most has a $20 pick up fee, and that covers your first 10 miles, and $2/mile beyond that. Might sound like a lot, but you have to drive everywhere out here, so it's not a bad deal at all. A cab alone would always cost more than that. I once was in a cab for not even 20 minutes, and about 15 miles... guy tried to ring me up for an $85 ride. Yeah, needless to say, that didn't fly.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
  #241
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,570
vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
U of I is getting a new logo. They are leaving up to the fans to decide.

I have had previous luck in this sort of thing. Nike had this thing called "Campus Roar" in which they let fans come up with t-shirts with "roars", or slogans, essentially, for 15 schools (one per school). My Illinois one got voted into production.



When I get home, I can post the picture. It's on my Facebook, but Facebook is blocked at my current location.
meh..... whatever logo they adopt, it won't top this:



Just hoping they don't go with an awful one, though.

No Fun Shogun is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
  #242
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 25,138
vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Worked out great for the driver too, because it was almost always the same guy... and he'd get a like a $15-20 tip every time.


Out here it's pretty cool, we have a bunch of companies that will come pick you and your car up, and drive you home, 24/7. The company we use the most has a $20 pick up fee, and that covers your first 10 miles, and $2/mile beyond that. Might sound like a lot, but you have to drive everywhere out here, so it's not a bad deal at all. A cab alone would always cost more than that. I once was in a cab for not even 20 minutes, and about 15 miles... guy tried to ring me up for an $85 ride. Yeah, needless to say, that didn't fly.
Did you have the woman beat him up?

Gootie is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:24 PM
  #243
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
Delete


Last edited by Cullksinikers: 01-31-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
  #244
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,113
vCash: 500
I like that a lot but it'll probably be deemed to offensive because of the feather (which is absurd)

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
  #245
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500
We're putting a watermark on it then re-posting.

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:30 PM
  #246
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 54,892
vCash: 50
Looks great, much better than expected to be honest.

RayP is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
  #247
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,447
vCash: 500

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
  #248
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,570
vCash: 1
Illinois in mid-choke.

No Fun Shogun is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 08:20 PM
  #249
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,570
vCash: 1
Never recovered from that **** start to the second half....

No Fun Shogun is online now  
Old
02-01-2013, 09:44 AM
  #250
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Never recovered from that **** start to the second half....
Michigan State shot 32! free throws in the 2nd half. Thats absurd.

Illinihockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.