HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 WBS Penguins Thread | Streak snapped, Syracuse ties conference finals at 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

vCash: 500
Baby Pen's look very fresh so far. Great pace to this game.

EDIT: Good 1st period. Still no score. Not much to report. Farnham was his usual buzz saw.

EDIT: Radko Gudas.....love that name.

EDIT: wow, sweet give and go by Farnham and Gibbons. Great stuff. Didn't result in a goal, but a very good shot and chance.

EDIT: Dumoulin getting a ton of ice time. Definitely a favorite of Coach Hynes. I realized who Dumoulin reminds me of (as I am watching this game and Chicago game today), and that is Nick Hjalmarsson. Both in play stylistically and in appearance on the ice. Both are tall, lanky, kinda bowlegged skaters. They play a similar game. Good at moving the puck. Not really dynamic at anything else, but both solid, fairly dependable players that you find very serviceable.

Last edited by td_ice: 02-17-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 05:13 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

I missed most of the 3rd period. Got back to the game and it is 3-0 Crunch.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Pretty scary moment in the Adirondack/Springfield game this afternoon.

Brandon Manning of the Phantoms hit Wade McLeod into the boards, and McLeod got up and appeared to be fine. Then, as McLeod was headed to bench, he collapsed and started having a seizure.

The remainder of the game was cancelled, McLeod is reportedly responsive in the hospital, so that's good news.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

So with Tangradi traded to the Jets and Bennett currently up with the big club, can WBS score more than 1 goal per game?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
So with Tangradi traded to the Jets and Bennett currently up with the big club, can WBS score more than 1 goal per game?
They scored 5 last night.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
They scored 5 last night.
Fluke!

Old
02-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Fluke!
I missed today's game, but it seems like it was pretty poor performance by Zatkoff. The Pens didn't give them much, 15 shots, and they scored 3 goals.

The Baby Pens' offense is pretty hit or miss, it seems like they either score 1 goal or they blow the other team out.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

Quote:
The Baby Pens' offense is pretty hit or miss, it seems like they either score 1 goal or they blow the other team out.
Sounds a lot like the big club's offense to me.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:04 AM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Sounds a lot like the big club's offense to me.
We have alot to be excited about thought. We will have prob have hankowski, wilson, agostino, rust, zlobin etc. All of them have different roles/excel at different things. Oh and can anybody tell me what line egna plays on? During the preseason he was scoring goals like crazy but during the season he hasnt done much..

Old
02-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
We have alot to be excited about thought. We will have prob have hankowski, wilson, agostino, rust, zlobin etc. All of them have different roles/excel at different things. Oh and can anybody tell me what line egna plays on? During the preseason he was scoring goals like crazy but during the season he hasnt done much..
It's Hanowski, FYI. No big deal, it just irked me to see it written that way because I hate the way it sounds in my head.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Flat Stanley

Mark Eaton released from PTO.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Former Penguins D Mark Eaton has been released from his professional tryout contract with their farm team in Wilkes-Barre.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:58 AM
khaoskennedy

Looks like they brought up McNeil to take his place

Old
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Watching the Baby Pen's in between the parent clubs game.

Not much going on, (from the bits I have seen).

Uher with a stupid penalty. Dumoulin skating very well tonight. Looks very confident tonight. As always getting tons of ice time. Farnham takes exception to Phantoms player giving Thiessen a whack on the glove after the whistle. Farnham squares off with the player (Slater) minutes later. Farnham loses in decisive fashion. The kid has guts. Not a good fighter, especially at his size, but will drop the gloves to stick up for a teammate at any time.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

WBS wins, goals by Farnham and Gibbons.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:17 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Watching the Baby Pen's in between the parent clubs game.

Not much going on, (from the bits I have seen).

Uher with a stupid penalty. Dumoulin skating very well tonight. Looks very confident tonight. As always getting tons of ice time. Farnham takes exception to Phantoms player giving Thiessen a whack on the glove after the whistle. Farnham squares off with the player (Slater) minutes later. Farnham loses in decisive fashion. The kid has guts. Not a good fighter, especially at his size, but will drop the gloves to stick up for a teammate at any time.
Slater beat Farnham up pretty convincingly the first time they played this year, too. Impressive that Farnham would go with him again.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:01 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Nice to see that Morrow is starting to improve his +/- even though many don't put much importance on that stat. Personally, I think its just good to see that he gets rid of the - and becomes a + player. Great for his moral as a first year pro.

Old
02-23-2013, 06:45 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Gracie, "Sal Minella with the puck.....(pauses).........Sal Minella......there's a gotta be a joke in there somewhere."

I gotta admit I laughed.

Very sluggish period. Neither team looks that sharp, or enthused to be playing so far.

EDIT: Damn, great chance by Megna there. Did a Kennedy chest snipe on that one.

EDIT: Glad to see Morrow getting at least 2nd unit PP time. You can see his offensive instincts shine on the PP, with the extra space. The first unit was not good on that one. Kolarik on the point?? What's up with that. Dumoulin with poor instincts on that the top unit that time.

He gets the puck carries it into the zone himself, leading his teammates then decides to dump and chase himself. He goes behind the net, meanwhile he teammates enter the zone, but he loses the board battle, and the Pk'ers clear easily, wasted rush, and kills most of the 1st units PP time.

EDIT: Baby Pen's playing very well this period. We just have no finishers.

EDIT: OK, just learned that Minella's first name is Chris (Christian) with "Sal" being a nickname. Which greatly detracts from Tom Grace's wit, haha. As he manufactured that one. I should have known, lol.

EDIT: Pen's dominating this period possession wise, but nothing to show for it on the scoreboard.

EDIT: FINALLY, Baby Pen's score. Beauty pass by Smith, to set up Kolarik.

Last edited by td_ice: 02-23-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Connecticut score on a 5 on 3. Gamed knotted up at 1.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:42 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Morrow with the GWG in OT. He looked very good tonight. Very confident.

3 stars.

3) Zatkoff, 2) Kolarik 1) Morrow. All well deserved picks, imo.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

I was out tonight and I missed this one.

How was Morrow's goal?

Old
02-23-2013, 08:54 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
I was out tonight and I missed this one.

How was Morrow's goal?
Very nice.

You know Joe, if he gets the puck, he looks shot first. Doesn't always take it, but if it's there, he lets it fly. He got the puck just inside the blue line, didn't take his usual slapshot, as the lane was temporarily blocked, he waited a sec for the lane to open, and then sent a wicked wrist shot that found the back of the net. Great poise. He made a great defensive play a bit early that probably saved the game. (I didn't see the replay, but that is what I remember in real time)

Old
02-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Very nice.

You know Joe, if he gets the puck, he looks shot first. Doesn't always take it, but if it's there, he lets it fly. He got the puck just inside the blue line, didn't take his usual slapshot, as the lane was temporarily blocked, he waited a sec for the lane to open, and then sent a wicked wrist shot that found the back of the net. Great poise. He made a great defensive play a bit early that probably saved the game. (I didn't see the replay, but that is what I remember in real time)
Good to hear.

I'm also glad that Kolarik seems to be fitting in well, they were missing that sort of creativity and skill.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Good to hear.

I'm also glad that Kolarik seems to be fitting in well, they were missing that sort of creativity and skill.
Was trying to watch other games at the same time, so sometimes I was listening to Gracie instead of watching. Grace said that Holzapfel was having a very rough game. Gracie also very upset by the ref. As he felt we had a few phantom calls against us. But that is probably no surprise, haha.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

So awesome for Joey Morrow. After a quiet first half (at least offensively finding himself), he has begun to play solid hockey at both ends of the ice. Isn't putting up "huge" points yet, but like Samuelsson, is getting MUCH more consistent and building his confidence through offensive production, being the hero, scoring some big goals, and getting more opportunities from the coaching staff. Now we can see why (perhaps) he was an emergency call-up even over Dumoulin a few weeks back when Brooks was hurt.

Way to go Joe -- keep it up!!!

Old
02-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Was trying to watch other games at the same time, so sometimes I was listening to Gracie instead of watching. Grace said that Holzapfel was having a very rough game. Gracie also very upset by the ref. As he felt we had a few phantom calls against us. But that is probably no surprise, haha.
I can hear it in my head.

"Now I don't want to bad mouth the officials, but good heavens, that just isn't the right call!"

Closed Thread