HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

2013 WBS Penguins Thread | Streak snapped, Syracuse ties conference finals at 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Sivek

vCash: 500
WBS on PP

Mormina just scored PP goal off a faceoff-win. Assists to Dumoulin and Kolarik. Think second assist will be changed to Smith.

2-1
Shots 23-2

Old
05-26-2013, 07:20 PM
WarriorScholar

Ha. 2nd shot of game and right back in it. Well at least for the next couple of mins

Old
05-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Sivek

WBS back on PP, have a chance to tie it despite 3 shots in the first 30 minutes.

bleh, shorthanded goal by Syracuse, 3-1, probably the game

Last edited by Sivek: 05-26-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old
05-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Sivek

If anyone wants a link to the game, pm me. Thanks to a poster from the Tampa forums.

Still a few minutes left in the 2nd. 4 minute PP coming up for WBS.

Ugh, dumb penalty by Gibbons at the 20 minute mark to wipe 2 minutes of the PP off the board.

Last edited by Sivek: 05-26-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old
05-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Malkinstheman

hopefully the addition of zlobin and a healthy kuhnackl are able to bolster the offence. Also, i think hartzell and zatkoff could win the ahls equvilent for thewilliam m jenning throphy again due to domoulin having a year under his belt along with the addition of harrington.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
hopefully the addition of zlobin and a healthy kuhnackl are able to bolster the offence. Also, i think hartzell and zatkoff could win the ahls equvilent for thewilliam m jenning throphy again due to domoulin having a year under his belt along with the addition of harrington.
Even though they could potentially lose a lot of veterans, they really haven't relied too heavily on the vets they've had this season with the exception of Smith and Reese. Though Mormina and Peters have been great in the post-season.

guys like Gibbons, Holzapfel and Thompson have already shown this season that they can lead the way offensively and all should be back next season. With increased contributions from Kuhn, Uher, Megna etc. and a couple of vets once again sprinkled into the mix.

The blueline is tough to speculate on since Mormina and Reese might not be back and Dumoulin could be in the NHL.. if not to start the season then he might get a call-up at some point during the season, and never look back. But Harrington should be able to contribute right away with his defensive game.

And goaltending wise, even though we haven't seen a second of Hartzell in the pros, I think he and Zatkoff are a hell of a tandem.

Probably the biggest question to me is Hynes... Does he take the BU opening, or does he perhaps even get a shot at a head coaching job in the NHL. That might be a stretch, but I'm sure he'd be a strong assistant candidate. Perhaps the Penguins can promote him to an NHL assistant spot just to keep him in the organization, though I don't know who he'd replace.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:07 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

The Terriers have hired someone already. Evidently they thought an assistant on the NHL's worst team was the way to go.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Even though they could potentially lose a lot of veterans, they really haven't relied too heavily on the vets they've had this season with the exception of Smith and Reese. Though Mormina and Peters have been great in the post-season.

guys like Gibbons, Holzapfel and Thompson have already shown this season that they can lead the way offensively and all should be back next season. With increased contributions from Kuhn, Uher, Megna etc. and a couple of vets once again sprinkled into the mix.

The blueline is tough to speculate on since Mormina and Reese might not be back and Dumoulin could be in the NHL.. if not to start the season then he might get a call-up at some point during the season, and never look back. But Harrington should be able to contribute right away with his defensive game.

And goaltending wise, even though we haven't seen a second of Hartzell in the pros, I think he and Zatkoff are a hell of a tandem.

Probably the biggest question to me is Hynes... Does he take the BU opening, or does he perhaps even get a shot at a head coaching job in the NHL. That might be a stretch, but I'm sure he'd be a strong assistant candidate. Perhaps the Penguins can promote him to an NHL assistant spot just to keep him in the organization, though I don't know who he'd replace.
Agree with everything you said and one guy shero should look to resign is kolarik. Still young, produces and the perfect veteran. Cant believe we got him for ferriero. As for domoulin i dont think bylsma brings him up. That would make 3 rookies on the backend if depres and bortuzzo still count. But it all depends on who and how many players shero moves during the summer.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Sivek

Pretty impressed with McNeil's physicality in his short time with the team.

Knee-on-knee with Kolarik and Johnson

Kolarik still on the ice

Old
05-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

****, Kolarik injured.

Last edited by shureshot66: 05-26-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Filter.
Old
05-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Agree with everything you said and one guy shero should look to resign is kolarik. Still young, produces and the perfect veteran. Cant believe we got him for ferriero. As for domoulin i dont think bylsma brings him up. That would make 3 rookies on the backend if depres and bortuzzo still count. But it all depends on who and how many players shero moves during the summer.
That's true about having basically 3 rookies on one blueline. I guess I was also assuming we replace Bylsma with someone that plays the best players regardless of experience level.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:37 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Pretty impressed with McNeil's physicality in his short time with the team.

Knee-on-knee with Kolarik and Johnson

Kolarik still on the ice
intentional or accidental?

Old
05-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Hard to tell since it happened away from the play. Kolarik has come back but don't think Johnson has.

WBS down 3-2, having an offensive zone face-off with 23 seconds left.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Seemed to be accidental.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Sivek

3-2 loss, certainly a game where the score wasn't indicative of the play. WBS couldn't get much zone time until the later stages of the 3rd.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:50 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Thank you again for the view, Siv!

Closed Thread